IX-Lemon Life.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Official
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

:carlton:

Defender time?
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:54 am Official
At least they are not drawing out the process anymore.

bye felicia

next time get the 13 year old model :trollface: :lolol:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Lemon law buy back due to a tint shop disconnecting a tweeter speaker. Amaze.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:29 am Lemon law buy back due to unprecedented incompetence of bmw service.
Fixed that for ya
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:41 am :carlton:

Defender time?
:hibachi: time. I need to work out the details here.

Will the pay me back for floor mats + trunk mat?
What mileage will they use when determining how much less to pay me?
When is the turn in going to be ?

This needs to get answered first
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:38 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:29 am Lemon law buy back due to unprecedented incompetence of bmw service.
Fixed that for ya
That too
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:45 am
max225 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:38 am

Fixed that for ya
That too
I didn’t have the car for 60 days and I have spare parts appearing daily. After the service and apparent clean up, the car also has perma etched paint in the hood.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Defender time?
:dat:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:54 am Official
Hallelujah
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:39 am

Defender time?
:hibachi: time. I need to work out the details here.

Will the pay me back for floor mats + trunk mat?
What mileage will they use when determining how much less to pay me?
When is the turn in going to be ?

This needs to get answered first
I think so. When I dealt with mine VWoA asked if there were any accessories I bought with the car.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:49 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:45 am

That too
I didn’t have the car for 60 days and I have spare parts appearing daily. After the service and apparent clean up, the car also has perma etched paint in the hood.
Two things are true

1. BMW all around dropped the ball here, from the computer not identifying what was wrong to the service dept being inept.

2. The tint shop sucks
max225

Wondering if I should try and get the tint cost refunded also… through the tint shop of course.

https://yelp.to/jpYAqFLRKv
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:38 am Wondering if I should try and get the tint cost refunded also… through the tint shop of course.

how much? Might want to let it slide so it does not raise more questions.....
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:47 am
max225 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:38 am Wondering if I should try and get the tint cost refunded also… through the tint shop of course.

two fiddy
since I chose a "nice reputable shop that people take their cars to, to get fixed after shitty shops butcher them"
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I'd probably ask BMW to refund the tint as well, unless the job was shitty, then maybe ask both :lolol: Don't ask and you won't receive.
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:56 am I'd probably ask BMW to refund the tint as well, unless the job was shitty, then maybe ask both :lolol: Don't ask and you won't receive.
:iswydt:
:triggered: :lolgasm:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

With my experience, you will be reimbursed for everything you have spent on the car. I've had customers reimbursed for tint, clear bra, ceramic coating, and dealer installed aftermarkets. Also wheel and tire/gap/finance office products.

Give them invoices for everything you've purchased.

Mileage is usually deducted at the standard rate - PFS charges 25 cents a mile, so expect to have a similar amount deducted for mileage. Fuel and insurance will be on you.

It will probably be counted from delivery mileage to when it went into the shop. And then likely your returned mileage to date of turn-in.
max225

fledonfoot wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:17 pm With my experience, you will be reimbursed for everything you have spent on the car. I've had customers reimbursed for tint, clear bra, ceramic coating, and dealer installed aftermarkets. Also wheel and tire/gap/finance office products.

Give them invoices for everything you've purchased.

Mileage is usually deducted at the standard rate - PFS charges 25 cents a mile, so expect to have a similar amount deducted for mileage. Fuel and insurance will be on you.

It will probably be counted from delivery mileage to when it went into the shop. And then likely your returned mileage to date of turn-in.
Great post ty
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:50 am
golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:47 am

two fiddy
since I chose a "nice reputable shop that people take their cars to, to get fixed after shitty shops butcher them"
At that price I'd prob let it slide if it were me, just so you dont risk BMW asking questions and putting together that it was a 'mod' that initiated the issue. YMMV
max225

Some fun facts:
Current car expenses are $2700 a month with the 3 cars all in... (all in cost with maintenance+insurance+depreciation etc)
With the I4 and tacoma it'll probably drop to $1565

A single V8 defender is $2600 a month or so fully laden cost.

It seems like it's too much money for a car...

I don't want to pollute this thread too much with next car purchases but $$$$ is obviously a consideration. The V8 defender costs nearly 2X to operate over the IX, especially if it isn't a lease. I'd be losing $550 a month in free cash money from the gov by tying up 120k
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:05 pm Some fun facts:
Current car expenses are $2700 a month with the 3 cars all in...

I don't want to pollute this thread too much with next car purchases but $$$$ is obviously a consideration. The V8 defender costs nearly 2X to operate over the IX, especially if it isn't a lease. I'd be losing $550 a month in free cash money from the gov by tying up 120k
I'm assuming you mean interest in a savings account? It's wild that this is such a factor now, but you're :notwrong:

Maybe just roll with the i4 and Taco for a while? Seems like those two kind of check all of the boxes. Get an EVSUV for :tits: when it's time for the i4 to go back and maybe something fun for you.
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:12 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:05 pm Some fun facts:
Current car expenses are $2700 a month with the 3 cars all in...

I'm assuming you mean interest in a savings account? It's wild that this is such a factor now, but you're :notwrong:

Maybe just roll with the i4 and Taco for a while? Seems like those two kind of check all of the boxes. Get an EVSUV for :tits: when it's time for the i4 to go back and maybe something fun for you.
US treasuries pay 5.5% a year now... and it doesn't even need state taxes. 100% risk free other than losing the money of course to inflation. Interest rates on new cars are 4-10%... so that's a non starter anyways... imagine paying 1k a month in INTEREST on a defender :lol:

It seems like I4+Taco make for the most sensible proposition... but I may go an ultimate :plac: move next... There is a chance I can punt the i4 also... get another IX :plac: life... sell the taco and get something fun... this way the IX turns into the commuter/family car and possibly get something like an M2/Type R/M3 as a weekender. :yikes: more on that later once the IX schedule clears up.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:16 pm

US treasuries pay 5.5% a year now... and it doesn't even need state taxes. 100% risk free other than losing the money of course to inflation. Interest rates on new cars are 4-10%... so that's a non starter anyways... imagine paying 1k a month in INTEREST on a defender :lol:

It seems like I4+Taco make for the most sensible proposition... but I may go an ultimate :plac: move next... There is a chance I can punt the i4 also... get another IX :plac: life... sell the taco and get something fun... this way the IX turns into the commuter/family car and possibly get something like an M2/Type R/M3 as a weekender. :yikes: more on that later once the IX schedule clears up.
:popcorn: sounds :excited:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:16 pm

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/KVQAGW ... campaign=n