OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:12 pm Buddy who’s dad’s funeral I went to a few weeks back is related to Chuck Yeager. Chuck was his dad’s uncle or something.
https://achievement.org/wp-content/uplo ... 8x1528.jpg

Chuck was a bad man. 13 kills over Europe, Ace in day, broke the sound barrier. Test piloted the fastest jets in the world for a decade.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:56 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:12 pm Buddy who’s dad’s funeral I went to a few weeks back is related to Chuck Yeager. Chuck was his dad’s uncle or something.

Chuck was a bad man. 13 kills over Europe, Ace in day, broke the sound barrier. Test piloted the fastest jets in the world for a decade.
The Right Stuff is a great movie on the subject, if you haven't seen it already.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh

wap wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:09 pm

The Right Stuff is a great movie on the subject, if you haven't seen it already.
Everybody has seen the Right Stuff Ron. I have seen it 20 times and own it on DVD.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Hell yeah
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:12 pm
wap wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:09 pm

Everybody has seen the Right Stuff Ron. I have seen it 20 times and own it on DVD.
:sass:

I just figured since it's 40 years old maybe not everyone here saw it. :iono:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

wap wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:21 pm

I haven’t even heard of it ?!!
golftdibrad1
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

It was one of the first DVDs I bought, back before dual layer. You had to flip the daym disk :lolol:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

What is a DVD?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:08 am What is a DVD?
VHS for lyfe!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

What was the other one that came out around the same time? Bata?
SAWCE

Tar wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:39 am What was the other one that came out around the same time? Bata?
BetaMax

Sounds like someone we all know :troll: *laughs in Bavarian*
max225

SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:51 am
Tar wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:39 am What was the other one that came out around the same time? Bata?
BetaMax

:lol: :iswydt:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:51 am
BetaMax

*spitscoffee* :lolol:
Great tie-in!
wap

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:20 pm
wap wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:21 pm

I haven’t even heard of it ?!!
Great (long-ish) movie based on a book of the same name basically about Yeager and the birth of the US space program in the late 40's/50's. Really fun movie if you're into that sort of thing. As Dirk mentioned, Yeager was such a total badass.
max225

Last day of “vacation” post crotch fruit couldn’t have been more beautiful.

I need to quit
SAWCE

What’s everyone up to on this fine Monday?

Glad to have had work today. Hopefully full budget passes before the 45-day continuing resolution expires.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:08 am What is a DVD?
:millennial: :sass:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:52 pm Image
Last day of “vacation” post crotch fruit couldn’t have been more beautiful.

I need to quit
Im right there with you. Im looking into a hybrid job of sorts. Or even a 9-5 with a longer PTO (ie 3 weeks minimum) and occassionally be able to work at "home" aka actually in Erdoganland.

Maybe if I make good money like :waxer: who knows, perhaps get one of those mercedes sprinter 4x4 camper and go to Utah or some shit on the occasion in a couple years.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Last 2 weekends. :tits: and I went to Orlando/Tampa cause :tits: is a disney adult. She turned 30 friday last week. We got a 4 day weekend to ourselves as well (aka s5 sportback rental was involved, will put deets later).

For convenience matters and :drunk: convenience we decided to stay at one of the swan/dolphin hotels (and thank god we did). Along with couple other friends of ours, we went to hollywood studios and epcot food and wine festival.

That saturday, we went to tampa/st. Petersburg feat. Beach to spend a day. I love maderia beach personally cause it is not wavy and kinda reminds me of certain parts of Turkey. Tits realized she left some of the belongings at her besties house, so early morning on sunday, we did a daytrip back to Orlando again and got back to tampa. Flew back home around 9 pm when we landed.

Yesterday spent the night at rehoboth beach with my cousins, her bf, older brother with wife, so triple date. Spent the evenings in the brewery walking distance from the house and layed down on the sand the whole day until we went home in the afternoon yesterday.

Today spent my day off with dad they recently got back from Turkey but mom is in spain, so he had a small happy hour at an italian restaurant near the house.

The whole last week, I literally have normal working days, 4 weekends in a row I got weekends off, including last week we just passed. Now I have 4 days off including weekend today and tomorrow, then work from 7 am to 3:30pm until sunday where I work back to evenings again. My manager decided that I worked evenings long enough, so it is kinda like a vacation of its own to me, to be able to spend the afternoons at home with :tits: and perhaps socialize. Needless to say I am happy. I may plan to catch up with a few people, who knows.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Another thing to add, when I made the reservation, which was $300 pernight excluding taxes and resort fee, at work with our income auditor, the subject of disney came up, so I got a little excited and about to show my stay on my marriott bonvoy app, only to find out my reservation was cancelled without any consent. No call, email, and thank god I did. What if I arrive and I found out about it then :rage:

At first I thought fine, I will just remake the reservation, which the nightly rate has increased $1,200 a night :dafuq: :disgust: I called the hotel/reservations/corporate etc to be full kevin. One of the managers even called to follow up to see if things are good to go to my liking, shortly after I have got the problem solved with the rate I have originally booked it as before cause I booked it ahead of time for a reason, to avoid paying an absurd rate. Hotel was full, go figure. They compansated me $60 credit for food and beverage (which was a first for me, not sure if it is standard for gold members).

Anyway, glad they were able to fix it and I found out about it a few days before our arrival.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

So I am now in a coffee shop near :tits: barre studio, and I ordered myself a cold brew. After my name is called, someone ordered his name as TK. Pretty ironic when this happened at the same moment i am on dfd
max225

I don’t understand how Floridians can afford mid 3 figures a night for a hotel room. That’s an insane amount of money for a place to shit for a few hrs a day
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:39 pm I don’t understand how Floridians can afford mid 3 figures a night for a hotel room. That’s an insane amount of money for a place to shit for a few hrs a day
Theres lot of options outside of it, I only stayed with that certain milestone occasion. But yeah, the hotel was fully booked and clearly there are people willing to :troywax: id personally would not though. Even for that milestone i would not spend $1,200 a night for one, thats insanity for a marriott other than maybe ritz carlton or a large resort. But im not willing to go that high.

Also we spent almost the whole day, so there is that. Traffic is just gridlock post closing that id probably make it to her friends hotel in half the time on a skateboard.

I was also told it used to be priced less than $200, so hotels are not as cheaper as it used to be.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:34 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:39 pm I don’t understand how Floridians can afford mid 3 figures a night for a hotel room. That’s an insane amount of money for a place to shit for a few hrs a day
Theres lot of options outside of it, I only stayed with that certain milestone occasion. But yeah, the hotel was fully booked and clearly there are people willing to :troywax: id personally would not though. Even for that milestone i would not spend $1,200 a night for one, thats insanity for a marriott other than maybe ritz carlton or a large resort. But im not willing to go that high.

Also we spent almost the whole day, so there is that. Traffic is just gridlock post closing that id probably make it to her friends hotel in half the time on a skateboard.

I was also told it used to be priced less than $200, so hotels are not as cheaper as it used to be.
Luxury resorts like Ritz is now a mid 4 figure proposition frequently. It is kind of insane...
Cheaper hotels like a Hyatt house/or "inns" went from 80>>>200-300
Value nice hotels like a Hyatt Regency went from 150-200>>>350-500
Nice hotels like Park/Hyatt went from 350-500>>>> 750-1500 a night
Luxury hotels like Ritz/4 seasons/Fairmont went from 400-600 to 1000-2500 a night which is frankly INSANE.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:49 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:34 pm

Luxury resorts like Ritz is now a mid 4 figure proposition frequently. It is kind of insane...
Cheaper hotels like a Hyatt house/or "inns" went from 80>>>200-300
Value nice hotels like a Hyatt Regency went from 150-200>>>350-500
Nice hotels like Park/Hyatt went from 350-500>>>> 750-1500 a night
Luxury hotels like Ritz/4 seasons/Fairmont went from 400-600 to 1000-2500 a night which is frankly INSANE.
I remember when we used to stay in low service, extended stays in south carolina and the like on a roadtrip, i recall them being $50. And now i only get that with my marriott employee discount for those :lol:

I feel like some marriotts, especially for higher tiers that you can kinda tell it does not have been recently renovated are pretty much all the same, room and bathrooms, even soaps compared to the hampton inn equivalent of marriotts like fairfield, spring hill, etc. Our swan dolphin was like that, at that point the money really goes for amenities right, but then you have a resort fee, Like my current hotel does.