OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:20 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:10 pm So it’s been like a month and a half but I found out Monday that I did not get the manager job. Which I’m kind of bummed about.

Then on Friday I was given a totally unexpected 5.5% raise. So that’s a good consolation prize I guess. Half the extra pay with no added responsibility.
With the raise alone, it is :notbad:
:dat:
:notbad: at all, especially considering no extra responsibility.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Just got a call from my manager that I'm fired and not to finish my two weeks :lolol:
wap

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:38 pm Just got a call from my manager that I'm fired and not to finish my two weeks :lolol:
:ohdang:
Did he give a reason?
Now you can collect unemployment until the new gig.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:38 pm Just got a call from my manager that I'm fired and not to finish my two weeks :lolol:
Huh ? Because you applied elsewhere ? On a Sunday ? What’s the backstory ?
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:10 pm So it’s been like a month and a half but I found out Monday that I did not get the manager job. Which I’m kind of bummed about.

Then on Friday I was given a totally unexpected 5.5% raise. So that’s a good consolation prize I guess. Half the extra pay with no added responsibility.
Huge raise in todays market, congrats !
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:12 pm
Put my two weeks in on Thursday, and the owner said if I want to just leave I can, but I told him I'd like to finish out. He had my manager call me who's currently rushing back from NY to tell me don't bother showing up. However I do have to go in to get my things. I was going to bring Abbott's frozen custard for everyone on my last day but I guess they won't get that now.
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:22 pm

Put my two weeks in on Thursday, and the owner said if I want to just leave I can, but I told him I'd like to finish out. He had my manager call me who's currently rushing back from NY to tell me don't bother showing up. However I do have to go in to get my things. I was going to bring Abbott's frozen custard for everyone on my last day but I guess they won't get that now.
Bummer. Are they paying you out at least for the last two weeks ?

That seems odd to just punt someone like that unless of course you’re going to a competitor of sorts and they got wind
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:25 pm

That seems odd to just punt someone like that unless of course you’re going to a competitor of sorts and they got wind
Nope they aren't paying out.

I'm not going to a competitor they're just fucking losers. The owner is one of those fake do gooders that was too scared to talk to me directly. Last year he told me, and this is a direct quote, "you're being what my kids would call extra. I only need you to be good enough, most welds get covered up anyways", when I stayed late to get some clarification on how he wants things to be so I could make sure every product comes out exactly the same. It was not a great place to work hence why I'm leaving but still a chicken shit move to go about this the way he did.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Thats not your problem.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:30 pm

I'm not going to a competitor they're just fucking losers. The owner is one of those fake do gooders that was too scared to talk to me directly. Last year he told me, and this is a direct quote, "you're being what my kids would call extra. I only need you to be good enough, most welds get covered up anyways", when I stayed late to get some clarification on how he wants things to be so I could make sure every product comes out exactly the same. It was not a great place to work hence why I'm leaving but still a chicken shit move to go about this the way he did.
when is your next start date? since they fired you, apply for unemployment just to fuck with them until your new place starts you
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:16 am

when is your next start date? since they fired you, apply for unemployment just to fuck with them until your new place starts you
October 9
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

overall a W
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:33 pm Hawaii was alright. Musubi with spam was quite delicious.
Gotta get away from Waikiki and mostly Oahu in general for it to be really great. The low population areas are incredibly beautiful.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

What a bunch of fucks. I’d say apply for unemployment as well so they’ll have to pay out. Best to stay professional but I’d be really tempted to make a scene on the way out :lolol:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I left quietly with my stuff this morning. My manager was red in the face he was so embarrassed, and the owners kids would even look at me.

Called hendrick and I'm starting tomorrow though.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:17 am I left quietly with my stuff this morning. My manager was red in the face he was so embarrassed, and the owners kids would even look at me.

:nice: thats the way to do it. enjoy the day off and start fresh tomorrow.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:17 am I left quietly with my stuff this morning. My manager was red in the face he was so embarrassed, and the owners kids would even look at me.

Awkward but seems it worked out in your favor with two extra weeks at the better gig.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Yeah and my work crush has a bf so nothing of value was just. I'm currently twisting my back at the driving range.
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:37 am Yeah and my work crush has a bf so nothing of value was just. I'm currently twisting my back at the driving range.
They have welding chicks ?
max225

This is such a shitty situation sorry you had to go through that
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:11 am
Johnny_P wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:33 pm Hawaii was alright. Musubi with spam was quite delicious.
Gotta get away from Waikiki and mostly Oahu in general for it to be really great. The low population areas are incredibly beautiful.
I did not love Waikiki. It was nice how kid friendly everything was but it was way too built up and busy for me.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:11 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:37 am Yeah and my work crush has a bf so nothing of value was just. I'm currently twisting my back at the driving range.
They have welding chicks ?
She was in upholstery but yes women weld sometimes.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:11 am

This is such a shitty situation sorry you had to go through that
It's okay starting tomorrow at the new place which pays more.
wap

Good. Your conscience is clear and you'll make a new start tomorrow. And maybe you'll find a new work crush? :hubba:

Good luck in the new gig :mahman: !
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:11 pm

Good. Your conscience is clear and you'll make a new start tomorrow. And maybe you'll find a new work crush? :hubba:

Good luck in the new gig :mahman: !
Hendrick has 500 employees hopefully one is a female who who can get passed my resting bitch face.