2023 :plac: thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Love my GTI and missing being in a fun car… being tempted to grab a GTI 380 as the “last” :manuel: GTI.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

SAWCE wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:51 pm Love my GTI and missing being in a fun car… being tempted to grab a GTI 380 as the “last” :manuel: GTI.
Not a bad idea. I loved how the new one drove
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:57 pm
wap wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:11 am

:lolol: :word:
GREECE is hot as fuck in August, for sure. Wow, multiple hours for the cable car? :fullretard: I kinda feel bad for the donkeys, but :ohwell: you could have ridden them up :iono: .

We spent a few days of our honeymoon in Oia and I had been there once before that. It is indeed very pretty. But you're right, the climate is pretty harsh and not much grows there. Did you visit a winery? It's pretty :amaze: to see how the grape vines grow and thrive in that climate, and the wine is :muah: , too. I assume you also didn't get a chance to see the archeological site of Akrotiri - the 4,000 year old Bronze Age city of multi-story homes with indoor plumbing, sewage system, and flushing toilets? Pretty :mindblown: how advanced those Minoans were!

Where did you stay in Athens - hotel/neighborhood?

Always wanted to go to Crete. If you want islands that are greener/less harsh landscape, try the Northern Sporades (can personally recommend Skiathos) or the Ionian Islands (Corfu, Ithaka, Zakynthos, Kefalonia, etc), which have a completely different vibe than the most of the rest of Greece having never been under the Ottoman yoke, instead being governed for centuries by Venice and Britain. This is where my family is from.

:popcorn: for pics!
We were in Psyri, hotel called 360 Pop Art. It was a great spot, we even had an Acropolis view from our room the second stay (after the cruise).

Rhodes was awesome and a great time.

I’ll post pics/full review when I’m back, in German now, did five laps of the Nurburgring Tuesday :jimp:
:nice: Psyri is a great area. Nice vibe, lots of night life. We usually stay on the eastern edge, on Athinas Street, which runs due south to Plaka and the Akropolis. And if you turn left on Ermou and go east, you'll get to Syntagma Square and the Parliament building and Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Such a :megusta: area.

Rhodes is really cool. It's got ancient/classical, Byzantine, and medieval/crusader ruins and great beaches.

Cool that you drove the 'Ring! :jelly:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:51 pm Love my GTI and missing being in a fun car… being tempted to grab a GTI 380 as the “last” :manuel: GTI.
:doit:
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:59 pm
I haven’t even been inside of a MK7.. I imagine the 8.5 or whatever this is far surpasses how the 6 drove.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:21 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:59 pm

I haven’t even been inside of a MK7.. I imagine the 8.5 or whatever this is far surpasses how the 6 drove.
There are some that will tell you how vastly superior the mk7.5 is and that the mk8 is ruined. I say … drive em to be sure yourself.

I really like the mk8 inside and out. And wouldn’t complain one bit about driving one daily
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:27 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:21 pm

There are some that will tell you how vastly superior the mk7.5 is and that the mk8 is ruined. I say … drive em to be sure yourself.

I really like the mk8 inside and out. And wouldn’t complain one bit about driving one daily
:nice: appreciate your input.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

I'm sure the UI would annoy the shit out of me, but I will say...the inside of the MK8 is a nice place to be. I sat in the MK8 back to back with the new WRX and holy wow it's like they're not in the same category.
max225

coogles wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:53 pm I'm sure the UI would annoy the shit out of me, but I will say...the inside of the MK8 is a nice place to be. I sat in the MK8 back to back with the new WRX and holy wow it's like they're not in the same category.
Exactly. Man if you hate the vw interface … Just wait until bmw I Drive 8 :disgust:
SAWCE

Yeah the UI may be too big of a turn off for me. I like simple analog shit. I’ll try to go into a test drive with an open mind though.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:52 pm Yeah the UI may be too big of a turn off for me. I like simple analog shit. I’ll try to go into a test drive with an open mind though.
How much do you fuck with the UI though ?

The digital gauges maybe weird at first … but once you’re used to them they become second nature. I don’t really miss “real dials”. Buuuut I do miss a really nice sounding engine
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Im kinda tempted to get a golf r for one particular reason, the :manuel: and awd
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:16 pm
Im kinda tempted to get a golf r for one particular reason, the :manuel: and awd
Sounds like 2 reasons, :bruh:
:trollface:
max225

wap wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:22 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:16 pm

:dat:
:wtf: it’s literally counting to 2 mfker

:lolgasm:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

SAWCE wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:52 pm Yeah the UI may be too big of a turn off for me. I like simple analog shit. I’ll try to go into a test drive with an open mind though.
I'd give the Elantra N a serious look.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:11 pm
How much do you fuck with the UI though ?

The digital gauges maybe weird at first … but once you’re used to them they become second nature. I don’t really miss “real dials”. Buuuut I do miss a really nice sounding engine
:dat: I thought I’d be annoyed/disappointed with digital gauges but I really don’t care, you barely notice after a few days. I did love the cluster in the 328i and miss looking at it a bit but functionality wise it’s no different. Dimming the screens at night is key though.

I definitely prefer tactile buttons for audio, HVAC, and other commonly used controls. I’d be curious to live with a MK8 a bit and see if it’s that bad.
SAWCE

Good to hear about the digital gauges and they blending in quickly.. I do like tactile buttons, so I’d have to see how I feel about that.

Turk is onto something with the R doe.. AWD would be nice to have for trips to the ski resort. Planning on getting a season pass this year and probably future years too.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:38 pm

Now my official contenders are:
M340i -used cause i'm too poor
S5 sportback-used cause i'm too poor
S60 recharge - excellent lease deals with incentives, making it affordable for me, but msrp wise about the same as the candidates above brand new. Trying to see if I may get the v60 wagon as well. It would be hella dope
Mk8 Golf R 6mt. Main reason, smaller car, :manuel: and no more fwd woes.

I think golf r is one of the best choices imo
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:41 am Good to hear about the digital gauges and they blending in quickly.. I do like tactile buttons, so I’d have to see how I feel about that.

Turk is onto something with the R doe.. AWD would be nice to have for trips to the ski resort. Planning on getting a season pass this year and probably future years too.
Im waiting for the green light to :plac: once move in is settled and paying off the profit. Maybe october or november.

Also I bagged a turo rental for my florida visit, which is one of my :plac: candidates, s5 sportback
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:41 am Good to hear about the digital gauges and they blending in quickly.. I do like tactile buttons, so I’d have to see how I feel about that.

I know of a certain low mileage Mk7.5 that may be for sale in the coming months. :lol:

:dillerman:
wap

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:38 pm

:lolol:
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:21 am

Im waiting for the green light to :plac: once move in is settled and paying off the profit. Maybe october or november.

Also I bagged a turo rental for my florida visit, which is one of my :plac: candidates, s5 sportback
:notbad:
In4deetsandpics
SAWCE

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:33 am

I know of a certain low mileage Mk7.5 that may be for sale in the coming months. :lol:

:dillerman:
👀👀
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:00 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:21 am

In4deetsandpics

Also i compared golf r vs s5 and golf r is a hair quicker too. But i always wanted a blend of sedan/hatch. Just like my dads Ford Mondeo, which was our last car in Turkey. It was nice to have
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:07 am
wap wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:00 am

In4deetsandpics

Also i compared golf r vs s5 and golf r is a hair quicker too. But i always wanted a blend of sedan/hatch. Just like my dads Ford Mondeo, which was our last car in Turkey. It was nice to have
:nice:
Let us know how you like it. And post some interior pics, pls.