OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:29 am Any good weekend plans?

Pretty low key around here, going to take my dad on a short road trip out of town to get some BBQ. My mom is on a work trip for two weeks so my half sister is staying with him - he needs basically constant supervision so I'll be giving her a bit of a break. It's hard as he can't really walk/do much, so we basically just have to drive an hour, eat some food, drive back. Not sure what other activities would work for him.

Other than that, not much planned, stoked to just kind of go with the flow.
Sounds like my wife :yikes: Road trips are fun even if they are just to a singular destination etc.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:39 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:29 am Any good weekend plans?

Pretty low key around here, going to take my dad on a short road trip out of town to get some BBQ. My mom is on a work trip for two weeks so my half sister is staying with him - he needs basically constant supervision so I'll be giving her a bit of a break. It's hard as he can't really walk/do much, so we basically just have to drive an hour, eat some food, drive back. Not sure what other activities would work for him.

Other than that, not much planned, stoked to just kind of go with the flow.
Sounds like my wife :yikes: Road trips are fun even if they are just to a singular destination etc.
She pretty far along at thins point? You guys know if the bebe is a boy or girl? Or gonna get surprised when they come out?
max225

SAWCE wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:46 am
max225 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:39 am

She pretty far along at thins point? You guys know if the bebe is a boy or girl? Or gonna get surprised when they come out?
Gonna be a mini max. And yea she is pretty pregs. She is (was) only 5’ and 105 and I’m 6’4 230. So this hasn’t been fun over the last couple of weeks and 5 more to go.
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:18 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:46 am

Gonna be a mini max. And yea she is pretty pregs. She is (was) only 5’ and 105 and I’m 6’4 230. So this hasn’t been fun over the last couple of weeks and 5 more to go.
Oh yeah 35 weeks she’s got to be hurting. Know how big both of you were as babies? I was a monster at 9lb 11oz and 21”. All of my sisters were sub 9lbs.. between 7 and 9 IIRC.
max225

I was 10lbs she was 6lb 1oz
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:43 pm I was 10lbs she was 6lb 1oz
Woof.. I thought I was a biggun. Those extra 5oz add up quick.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:40 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:18 pm

Oh yeah 35 weeks she’s got to be hurting. Know how big both of you were as babies? I was a monster at 9lb 11oz and 21”. All of my sisters were sub 9lbs.. between 7 and 9 IIRC.
I was pretty similar and when Allison found out this fact she was quite :disgust: :nope: to which I am :lolgasm:
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:45 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:40 pm

I was pretty similar and when Allison found out this fact she was quite :disgust: :nope: to which I am :lolgasm:
She opting for a C-section if you guys do get pregnant?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I doubt it unless it's required for some reason. I think it's less common to have huge babies now as they can just induce labor around the due date instead of waiting for a late birth.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:43 pm I was 10lbs she was 6lb 1oz
I was 11 ibs and my :tits: is concerned about how our baby turns out. Fyi not pregnant, but plan to have kids, few years after marriage
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:02 pm I doubt it unless it's required for some reason. I think it's less common to have huge babies now as they can just induce labor around the due date instead of waiting for a late birth.
Fwiw I was expected to be born on may 25th but got delayed to june 1st
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

We going section route for number 2 due late Sept. 9.5lb was tough on wife the first time around.

Number 2 will be another large baby
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:12 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:12 pm

I’m not clear. Was it a mouse that fell through or a contractor?
That would be a large mouse
My parents would call me a mouse cause i used to eat a lot
SAWCE

Yellowcard put on a good show last night, especially considering it was a 20th anniversary tour of an album. Was excited to see that there was a tour exclusive variant for the vinyl record of the EP they released a few weeks ago. Only selling 25 of them at each date and I got to snag one for my collection.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

SAWCE wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:02 pm Yellowcard put on a good show last night, especially considering it was a 20th anniversary tour of an album. Was excited to see that there was a tour exclusive variant for the vinyl record of the EP they released a few weeks ago. Only selling 25 of them at each date and I got to snag one for my collection.
Nice dude. What's it look like?
SAWCE

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:40 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:02 pm Yellowcard put on a good show last night, especially considering it was a 20th anniversary tour of an album. Was excited to see that there was a tour exclusive variant for the vinyl record of the EP they released a few weeks ago. Only selling 25 of them at each date and I got to snag one for my collection.
Haven’t opened it up yet, might even leave it sealed as a collector’s item.. but the color is coke bottle clear, I have some other records like that and they’re a really light greenish tinted clear vinyl that actually does sort of look like the glass of an old coke bottle. I’ll grab one of my other records that are that color and snap a pic of it to show.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Sweet. Love watching videos of those colored ones getting made.
SAWCE

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:03 pm Sweet. Love watching videos of those colored ones getting made.
Yeah dude the process is so cool. I did grab two from Mayday Parade as well.. one of those is cleat with cloudy pink and then blue splatter.. I bet it looks awesome. Will open that one and snap a pic as well.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

You just need one of those plastic machines to reseal them. :hue:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:50 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:40 pm

Haven’t opened it up yet, might even leave it sealed as a collector’s item.. but the color is coke bottle clear, I have some other records like that and they’re a really light greenish tinted clear vinyl that actually does sort of look like the glass of an old coke bottle. I’ll grab one of my other records that are that color and snap a pic of it to show.
:fuckyeah: I can’t remember who or where but someone was telling me they went to that tour back East somewhere and it was fantastic. Wish I could’ve gone.

We went to this bar Friday night and this band called Modern Alibi was playing, kind of pop punkish style but these kids were ~19-20 years old and put on an absolutely incredible show, a mix of covers and originals. It was really fun to watch, I’m going to follow them and see eBay they do. Funny thinking that they’re playing stuff like Green Day, Yellow Card, etc and probably consider it classic rock :lolol: but when I was their age I was playing Hendrix and Metallica and such, stands to reason.

I also saw Tool is touring this fall, haven’t seen them since 2006ish, going to try to go somewhere while on a work trip.
max225

https://www.yahoo.com/news/power-gas-pu ... 37851.html

@sawce about damn time.

Also am I the only dude that wants to see a Taylor swift concert ? :gay:
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:02 am
SAWCE wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:50 pm

:fuckyeah: I can’t remember who or where but someone was telling me they went to that tour back East somewhere and it was fantastic. Wish I could’ve gone.

We went to this bar Friday night and this band called Modern Alibi was playing, kind of pop punkish style but these kids were ~19-20 years old and put on an absolutely incredible show, a mix of covers and originals. It was really fun to watch, I’m going to follow them and see eBay they do. Funny thinking that they’re playing stuff like Green Day, Yellow Card, etc and probably consider it classic rock :lolol: but when I was their age I was playing Hendrix and Metallica and such, stands to reason.

I also saw Tool is touring this fall, haven’t seen them since 2006ish, going to try to go somewhere while on a work trip.
Oh dope! I’ll check them out. There are some great new pop punk bands that I love.
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:15 am https://www.yahoo.com/news/power-gas-pu ... 37851.html

@sawce about damn time.

Right!? Should hopefully cut down on the time it takes to get gas now.

Also, I wouldn’t spend the type of money it costs to go see her, but if her tickets were normal prices I’d absolutely go to a TSwift concert. I took an ex to see Britney Spears back in the day and she was a great performer/entertainer. It was on her tour for her Circus album when that came out.
SAWCE

Clear with pink cloud and blue splatter:

Will pull out a coke bottle clear example after I cook breakfast.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:15 am https://www.yahoo.com/news/power-gas-pu ... 37851.html

@sawce about damn time.

Used to be a huge fan, and still keep the Red+1989 CDs in my cars but after 1989 she lost what I liked about the music.