OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

A little insurance claim CSB:

After waiting 5 days and not hearing from fucking Tony's claim handler, I called her a week ago Monday, 10/24. Got her voicemail again so I called back hit and 0 to speak to another adjuster. Got a cool dude who got the ball rolling for me. Took my statement, texted me a link to an ap to take pics of the damage to send them to the company, etc. Also told me they have been unsuccessful in reaching Fucking Tony to get his statement so they were not yet admitting liability. I gave the dude the police report # and he said he would order it that day and if they still don't reach him by the time they get the po po report, the report will be sufficient for them to accept liability at which point they'd get back to me with an estimate, etc. So far so good. Waited a week, didn't hear anything. Waited another 4 days, bupkis, so I called today and left a message with my adjuster, Kyla, who actually called me back about an hour later. They had just finally tracked Fucking Tony down and he admitted responsibility so she sent me the written estimate and will be mailing a me check, made out to me. Once I choose a body shop and make an appointment she'll set me up with a loaner from Enterprise. I guess there are parts supply issues so body shops are quoting long lead times so this may or may not be wrapped up this year. I guess I :aintcare: too much since the car is drivable.

I thought the estimate was a little low at $948, but the body shop will just contact them directly if they find more damage behind the bumper cover.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Brooks Glycerin

wap wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:07 pm Hey Val,

Still planning on moving to France one of these days? Would their national health care cover any of your procedures?
That's always been a dream but I don't expect it to ever materialize. Maybe after the wife's parents and aunts/uncles are gone aaaand if we also happen to have enough cash to retire there or at least rent a place in the summers?

Doubtful though between the general economic outlook and our expected future income/expenses.

Moving is simply too hard if you're not either rich or a poor refugee with nothing to lose. Nobody is offering visas for guitarists or middle managers. "If you don't like it here, then leave" isn't really a thing.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

"Digital Nomad" visas are starting to become a thing in some European countries. I noticed Portugal recently announced one that has me very interested. Basically, if you make over $2,750/mo remotely, you can get a visa to stay in the country for up to 2 years. I think it would be fun to rent a place for a year over there and get that experience. For me, it would make all my working with India way easier.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Detroit wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:18 pm
coogles wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:14 pm

I had the first Pixel and LOVED it, but it completely crapped out at the 12 month mark. Got a bit buggy & laggy, then just wouldn't turn on after about a week of that. Great software, but shit hardware, at least that one was. I switched back to an iPhone and I've gotten at least 3 years out of each one I've owned. :ohwell:
Interesting. I usually jump a model. Pixel 1 --> Pixel 3a --> Pixel 6.

My 3a I had for 3 years and it was working perfect, even had great battery life. Google offered a stupid amount of money for it on trade for a 6 ($300), so I took it. The 6 has been awesome for a few months now, but time will tell on that.
Yeah. Sample size of one doesn't mean shit, but it was enough to make me switch back.
ChrisoftheNorth

coogles wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:04 pm

My 3a I had for 3 years and it was working perfect, even had great battery life. Google offered a stupid amount of money for it on trade for a 6 ($300), so I took it. The 6 has been awesome for a few months now, but time will tell on that.
Yeah. Sample size of one doesn't mean shit, but it was enough to make me switch back.
Oh, I totally get it. I had an iPhone for work once and hated it. Won't even consider one again, but sample size one doesn't mean shit for sure. :lolol:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

coogles wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:14 pm

I had the first Pixel and LOVED it, but it completely crapped out at the 12 month mark. Got a bit buggy & laggy, then just wouldn't turn on after about a week of that. Great software, but shit hardware, at least that one was. I switched back to an iPhone and I've gotten at least 3 years out of each one I've owned. :ohwell:

I had an original Pixel for a bit and it also shit the bed rather quickly but I got it for like $90 on eBay, I think it was some sort of refurb piece of shit, so I would be willing to give it another try.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

I’m sucked into the Apple ecosystem but I can’t complain. Everything switches between my devices so seamlessly and I prefer the UI/UX.

That’s all that matters at the end of the day. I do think Apple makes better hardware and delivers a more polished product that lasts longer and has support for longer (OS versions) but I also know ultimately it’s preference and what works best for the user/consumer
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:10 pm
coogles wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:04 pm

Oh, I totally get it. I had an iPhone for work once and hated it. Won't even consider one again, but sample size one doesn't mean shit for sure. :lolol:
I find it interesting that it seems almost like a 50/50 split. You would think one would be so ZOMG dominant but nah.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:53 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:10 pm
I find it interesting that it seems almost like a 50/50 split. You would think one would be so ZOMG dominant but nah.
Is it? I feel like for the most part, rich people have iPhones, poor people Androids. There are certainly exceptions, but this seems overwhelmingly to be the case to me.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:59 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:53 pm

Is it? I feel like for the most part, rich people have iPhones, poor people Androids. There are certainly exceptions, but this seems overwhelmingly to be the case to me.
Seems like a split on here and we are all well heeled enough to buy either. Your point is noted for consideration doe. My wife is Android fuck the rest and I am Apple fuck the rest.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Valkyrie wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:37 am
Calvinball wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:01 am

Hey, awesome news and I imagine a huge relief. I’m not on dfd hardly ever anymore, but fyi the team I manage houses our dedicated transgender team. I won’t pretend that I’m an expert, but they are, so hit me up if you ever need help navigating the medical/insurance side of things cause I have a wealth of knowledge at my fingertips for both aspects.

I do have one piece of info. You’re right, insurance coverage can be tricky. Big companies do tend to have coverage for at least some of the procedures, and big tech companies tend to cover more procedures than others. Just food for thought.
Cheers, so far everything is simple enough but that could change as time goes by (especially in FL...).

Oddly enough, Starbucks has about the best coverage in this country to the point that it's almost a meme. Want to transition in the US? Go work at Starbucks.
Lol

I seem to remember there’s a provider in FL that is one of the “known around the country” ones (though of course out of network with all insurance), and I think a pretty strong community presence in certain areas. The political scene though…
:therapist:
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Brooks Glycerin

Calvinball wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:59 pm
Valkyrie wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:37 am

Cheers, so far everything is simple enough but that could change as time goes by (especially in FL...).

Oddly enough, Starbucks has about the best coverage in this country to the point that it's almost a meme. Want to transition in the US? Go work at Starbucks.
Lol

I seem to remember there’s a provider in FL that is one of the “known around the country” ones (though of course out of network with all insurance), and I think a pretty strong community presence in certain areas. The political scene though…
You remember correctly, I live about 6 blocks from them and in the middle of one of the most queer neighborhoods in the country. Going to appointments is literally a walk in the park. Local politics are great here, state ones not so much.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:06 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:59 pm

Seems like a split on here and we are all well heeled enough to buy either. Your point is noted for consideration doe. My wife is Android fuck the rest and I am Apple fuck the rest.
When I met Michele, she was die hard Apple. She got a new iPhone (whatever the hotness was 12 years ago) and after a month it updated and wiped out everything she had including what was on iCloud for some reason. The :rage: cannot possibly be understated. She went to the Apple store to try to get back her lost photos and whatnot, but the geniuses just shrugged and chalked it up to a random fluke. They then charged her money for the "genius" visit (I wasn't there and don't understand why they charged her) and she went ballistic. She wrote off Apple products entirely forever from that day forward. If I even mention an Apple product to this day, she immediately recants the great phone :nuke: of 2010 and :nope: :rage: :howdareu:

I had a work iPhone at Stellanus, and my beef was that while the UI was indeed polished, I felt like it was too hard to figure out and find more advanced features and settings. I'm sure if I spent a lot of time getting to know it and getting familiar with it that all, but I felt like I'd spend more time hunting for things than just using the phone. Android just connects with my mind better. :iono:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:18 pm

When I met Michele, she was die hard Apple. She got a new iPhone (whatever the hotness was 12 years ago) and after a month it updated and wiped out everything she had including what was on iCloud for some reason. The :rage: cannot possibly be understated. She went to the Apple store to try to get back her lost photos and whatnot, but the geniuses just shrugged and chalked it up to a random fluke. They then charged her money for the "genius" visit (I wasn't there and don't understand why they charged her) and she went ballistic. She wrote off Apple products entirely forever from that day forward. If I even mention an Apple product to this day, she immediately recants the great phone :nuke: of 2010 and :nope: :rage: :howdareu:

I had a work iPhone at Stellanus, and my beef was that while the UI was indeed polished, I felt like it was too hard to figure out and find more advanced features and settings. I'm sure if I spent a lot of time getting to know it and getting familiar with it that all, but I felt like I'd spend more time hunting for things than just using the phone. Android just connects with my mind better. :iono:
Burnt Bridges with Infamous can never be rebuilt.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:28 pm

Burnt Bridges with Infamous can never be rebuilt.
:nuke: bridges and the ground underneath really, it's :impressive:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Im getting the fuck outta that shithole thats called my workplace. Fuck my life to pieces
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I occasionally move all my photos to a memory card that I inserted into my $300 Samsung which is probably four years old and still working as well as it did on day one. I mentioned this to my brother who was painstakingly stripping pictures out of his iTrude 14 seventy pics at a time. He was not impressed with me sharing my observation and retorted with something about a camera.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

:sass: Well,my camera is better and you need that to live a normal life nowadays. :sass:

Mm hmm, makes sense.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tar wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:36 pm I occasionally move all my photos to a memory card that I inserted into my $300 Samsung which is probably four years old and still working as well as it did on day one. I mentioned this to my brother who was painstakingly stripping pictures out of his iTrude 14 seventy pics at a time. He was not impressed with me sharing my observation and retorted with something about a camera.
:lolol: :yesth:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Allison don’t pack the same punch as Infamous but she’s actually the main reason I have an iTrude as well, same but opposite. She gets wicked :triggered: by “green text people”.

:ayfkm: :sass: :seriously:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:27 pm Im getting the fuck outta that shithole thats called my workplace. Fuck my life to pieces
What’s poppin?
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:14 pm

Allison don’t pack the same punch as Infamous but she’s actually the main reason I have an iTrude as well, same but opposite. She gets wicked :triggered: by “green text people”.

I can’t stand green text people. It also causes multiple messaging app issues. I have iMessage + WhatsApp + signal + telegram. All the green bubble people prefer some sort of bullshit messaging app vs native. Vs every single iMessage persons sticks to that…

We all went from 1 messaging “app” to 4+ now … :disgust:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:53 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:14 pm

I can’t stand green text people. It also causes multiple messaging app issues. I have iMessage + WhatsApp + signal + telegram. All the green bubble people prefer some sort of bullshit messaging app vs native. Vs every single iMessage persons sticks to that…

We all went from 1 messaging “app” to 4+ now … :disgust:
:lolol: :aintcare:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Took a couple hits of ganj right after I pulled up to the gym. Got the perfect level of high to focus on lifting but not feeling as much pain at the end of sets and being able to push through a bit more. :nice: