Car Talk 6: Best of times and Worst of Times

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

coogles wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:33 pm GR86 is supposed to be here by the end of May. :popcorn:

I told the :dillerman: I'd take Trueno or Neptune, I got Trueno. Pretty okay with that.

:impressive: that's not a long wait at all.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

coogles wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:33 pm GR86 is supposed to be here by the end of May. :popcorn:

I told the :dillerman: I'd take Trueno or Neptune, I got Trueno. Pretty okay with that.

:fuckyeah: :excited:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

max225 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:05 pm :impressive: that's not a long wait at all.
I put in my order in late January, so 4 months-ish. Really not terrible. Glad I didn't wait, though. Now I'll get to enjoy it for most of the summer.

And now the search for a cheap but not beat to shit Odyssey begins in earnest. :puke:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

That's a purty bloo!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:04 pm That's a purty bloo!
:yesth:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

coogles wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:07 pm
max225 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:05 pm :impressive: that's not a long wait at all.
I put in my order in late January, so 4 months-ish. Really not terrible. Glad I didn't wait, though. Now I'll get to enjoy it for most of the summer.

And now the search for a cheap but not beat to shit Odyssey begins in earnest. :puke:
Def recommend the Oddy. :minivan:
Good luck on the cheap. they are not.
brain go brrrrrr
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:45 pm
coogles wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:07 pm

Def recommend the Oddy. :minivan:
Good luck on the cheap. they are not.
:notwrong: I have bead on one. 80k, one owner, great service history and looks quite clean @$20k. 2 years ago it would've been worth at least $5k less than that but my GTI is worth way more than it should be too, so meh. It's a wash, IMO.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I like Trueno much more than Neptune persoi
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Oh hell yes
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:47 pm

:howdareu:

Update: 6200 miles in.

It’s stiff and bouncy on the highway. Continues to be great.

I placed a deposit for a Maverick Hybrid XLT in velocity blue today with an ETA of mid August to serve as daily and bike hauler. I think I’m going to drive the GR Corolla and flip one of the GR’s after I spend a few weeks with it. Leaning towards keeping the 86.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

fledonfoot wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:42 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:47 pm

I placed a deposit for a Maverick Hybrid XLT in velocity blue today with an ETA of mid August to serve as daily and bike hauler. I think I’m going to drive the GR Corolla and flip one of the GR’s after I spend a few weeks with it. Leaning towards keeping the 86.
Didn't Ford stop taking orders for this year?
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:43 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:42 pm

Didn't Ford stop taking orders for this year?
Yes. I enquired about a 23 order and was told they had a few available units already locked in.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

There were two MC20s at C&C today.
They look great.

fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Awesome!

Trueno was a first color choice until I saw a 1st gen Neptune. It seems like trueno’s in manual/premium are still really rare.

Congrats man. You’re going to love it.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

fledonfoot wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:28 pm Awesome!

Trueno was a first color choice until I saw a 1st gen Neptune. It seems like trueno’s in manual/premium are still really rare.

Congrats man. You’re going to love it.
Thanks! I'm definitely getting antsy. Can't wait to get behind the wheel!
max225

Y’all boys and girls want to hear some poverty shit ?

The clock in the TSX has been out of sync with the normal time since daylight savings and it was killing my ocd.

So I spent about 2 hrs trying to figure out how the fuck to change the clock. Apparently since the car has nav it’s supposed to update automatically but something corrupts over time and you can’t …. So you have a non working clock. It’s worse than compassgate to me. The clock over rides do not work on the car … :wtf: it keeps showing whatever time it shows and that’s it.

Reddit came to the rescue after YouTube failed … you have to disconnect the battery 2 min before 1 am or 1pm … then you reconnect it exactly at 1 since the clock resets to 1 o clock after battery reset.

That’s some :disgust: poverty shit and I’m annoyed af
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:41 pm Y’all boys and girls want to hear some poverty shit ?

The clock in the TSX has been out of sync with the normal time since daylight savings and it was killing my ocd.

So I spent about 2 hrs trying to figure out how the fuck to change the clock. Apparently since the car has nav it’s supposed to update automatically but something corrupts over time and you can’t …. So you have a non working clock. It’s worse than compassgate to me.

Reddit came to the rescue after YouTube failed … you have to disconnect the battery 2 min before 1 am or 1pm … then you reconnect it exactly at 1 since the clock resets to 1 o clock after battery reset.

This does actually strike an anger management chord with me.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:41 pm Y’all boys and girls want to hear some poverty shit ?

So I spent about 2 hrs trying to figure out how the fuck to change the clock. Apparently since the car has nav it’s supposed to update automatically but something corrupts over time and you can’t …. So you have a non working clock. It’s worse than compassgate to me. The clock over rides do not work on the car … :wtf: it keeps showing whatever time it shows and that’s it.

My buddy has a 2015? Chevy Cruze, poverty vehicle from a more recent era that also has chronic clock issues on the head unit. When you turn off the ignition it bounces up and down 40 min. I fixed it and it just moved again after power cycling. I think that the head unit has some deficiency.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

This sounds like a :waxer: issue since NAV was optional

:mahman: can't adjust the clock because BAZN got that bish LOADED
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:22 am

Gonna need to put a piece of electrical tape over the clock readout.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Yep, she got it used 9 years ago… the base model came with a really fugly timex like non color lcd display instead
max225

I keep getting post errors. Since I can’t quote the post … the tape ain’t happening. Over my dead body
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

max225 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:21 am

Yep, she got it used 9 years ago… the base model came with a really fugly timex like non color lcd display instead
I believe they call that "charm."
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:27 am I keep getting post errors. Since I can’t quote the post … the tape ain’t happening. Over my dead body
:lol: