OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

MEAT MEAT MEAT. This was the medium sized sandwich

Get a little flirty with the big black woman on the mic and you might go give with more roast beef then you can handle
Last edited by CaleDeRoo on Mon May 02, 2022 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:10 am Image

Woa :mindblown: :impressive:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I will say that sandwich was right around when they opened, but I've also gone ten minutes before closing and it was horrible.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:12 am I will say that sandwich was right around when they opened, but I've also gone ten minutes before closing and it was horrible.
It's rare that I go to any restaurant these days and leave satisfied. Quality in both food and service everywhere has gone so far downhill where I am that it's easier/better to just cook at home. Yet prices are sky high and demand is still crazy (drive thru traffic at any fast food is constant, 40 minute wait minimum at just about any place any time), so there's no incentive to do better.

That sandwich looks legit :doe: Now I'm hungry.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:18 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:12 am I will say that sandwich was right around when they opened, but I've also gone ten minutes before closing and it was horrible.
It's rare that I go to any restaurant these days and leave satisfied. Quality in both food and service everywhere has gone so far downhill where I am that it's easier/better to just cook at home. Yet prices are sky high and demand is still crazy (drive thru traffic at any fast food is constant, 40 minute wait minimum at just about any place any time), so there's no incentive to do better.

I don't think I've been to Taco Bell since I went with Dan because of the wait. There's only ever one person making food, and at least two people knocking shit over in the kitchen and then they lose all motor skills when it comes to pick it back up. You make an order in the drive through then wait inside for 20 minutes for your food
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Get a little flirty with the big black woman on the mic and you might go give with more roast beef then you can handle
Is there anything else on that Sammy ? :lolgasm:
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

CaleDeRoo wrote:
Detroit wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:18 am It's rare that I go to any restaurant these days and leave satisfied. Quality in both food and service everywhere has gone so far downhill where I am that it's easier/better to just cook at home. Yet prices are sky high and demand is still crazy (drive thru traffic at any fast food is constant, 40 minute wait minimum at just about any place any time), so there's no incentive to do better.

I don't think I've been to Taco Bell since I went with Dan because of the wait. There's only ever one person making food, and at least two people knocking shit over in the kitchen and then they lose all motor skills when it comes to pick it back up. You make an order in the drive through then wait inside for 20 minutes for your food
My biggest gripe with taco bell is their flaccid chalupas. They used to be fried to an unhealthy but delectable crisp. Now its just a floppy boring shell. I had some last week for old times sake (I used to grab TB when doing full car work days) and much disappoint.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:34 am
Detroit wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:18 am

I miss Taco Bell a lot. With fast food going so far downhill, haven't even tried it in ages.
ChrisoftheNorth

rockchops wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:58 am
CaleDeRoo wrote:
My biggest gripe with taco bell is their flaccid chalupas. They used to be fried to an unhealthy but delectable crisp. Now its just a floppy boring shell. I had some last week for old times sake (I used to grab TB when doing full car work days) and much disappoint.
Same. And this is what concerns me about trying TB again...
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Y’all have high standards for 2am I’m going to throw this up anyways because I’m wasted “food”.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:03 pm Y’all have high standards for 2am I’m going to throw this up anyways because I’m wasted “food”.
I'm too old for that. I'm looking for quick lunch food or the like, which fast food used to do a decent job of.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:51 am

Is there anything else on that Sammy ? :lolgasm:
Nah got the regular one this time. I put horsey :sawce: on each bite :doe:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

The safest (quality wise anyway) fast food these days, IMO, is a local taqueria or a Middle Eastern joint for a shawarma or kefta wrap.
:wrong:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

wap wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:26 pm The safest (quality wise anyway) fast food these days, IMO, is a local taqueria or a Middle Eastern joint for a shawarma or kefta wrap.
:wrong:
I agree with you, we have great shawarma places in places that I frequent. If they're busy, the freshness and quality is the best.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Lunch today is last night's leftovers. Bbq flattened peri-peri chicken on caesar salad. Yum!

The :horse: radish comment made want some too, so I threw in a wallop.

SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:20 am
SAWCE wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 11:36 am Alright boys, what do I eat for my cheat meal tonight? Michelle is out of town, so flying solo for this one. Initial thought is go grab a lean-ish steak like a petite sirloin or filet mignon and make a box of mac and cheese with some salad and fruit on the side.

Had considered going full :fatty: and crushing some fast food though. We have some options up here close by that I haven’t had in years like A&W, Arby’s, there’s a local/regional chain called Victorico’s for Mexican food that is :notbad: either.
I know I'm late but I've had Arby's twice in the last 10 days and it's hit so hard both times.
That may be the play next Sunday. Last time I had it they had just come out with those little sliders and I ordered one of each and they were all bomb. Probably do that again and then add in a big Montana or the smokehouse brisket sando or something.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Tar wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:44 pm Lunch today is last night's leftovers.
me too! Leftover slighly past sell by date chep bone in ribeye :drool: was delish
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Oh fuck me :drool:
SAWCE

Still figuring out the heat settings on this electric stove top, so both steaks were a little over. Flavor was nice, but a tad dried out. Bummer. Mac and cheese was good as always though. Skipped the salad, but had some pineapple to kick the meal off and help the :meat: digest. I could fucking live on red meat and pineapple.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:07 am
Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:06 am

I find James Earl Jones saying "WE HAVE THE MEATS" to be compelling theater. The only time I have gotten food poisoning was at Wendy/s
:ohdang: I don't think I've seen ads with James Earl Jones (or maybe I just didn't know it). :notbad:
He's just the voice. The ads just show the (oversized, as you note) sandwiches.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Jury duty let out at 9am today lol. Waited till 11 to tell the boss we were out.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:49 pm Jury duty let out at 9am today lol. Waited till 11 to tell the boss we were out.
That might have entended into a nice lunch with a couple of brewskis were it I.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:55 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:49 pm Jury duty let out at 9am today lol. Waited till 11 to tell the boss we were out.
That might have entended into a nice lunch with a couple of brewskis were it I.
Eh i went to the playground with Julian so it was a good morning. Just would have come back to an even biggger pile of unread emails tomorrow.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:11 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:07 am
:ohdang: I don't think I've seen ads with James Earl Jones (or maybe I just didn't know it). :notbad:
I somehow didn’t connect that it was him until your post :impressive:
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 4:29 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:11 pm

I somehow didn’t connect that it was him until your post :impressive:
:dat: