OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:19 pm
wap wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:48 pm

How about updating your :haus: thread, as you've been promising for a while now? :|
Perhaps I'll devote some time to that...
:fuckyeah: :doit:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

Time for a spot of wine and some green. Just need an appropriate movie to go with this combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

datgrundle wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:30 pm Time for a spot of wine and some green. Just need an appropriate movie to go with this combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beer and edibles are always delightful after a long and stressful week. I'm watching a kids flick with the fam... Cheaper by the Dozen. I'm sure you can do better 😝
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I already went through Love Death & Robots. Amazing when super high. I let y’all know what I watch
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Have y’all watched that new show Moon knight ? It’s :notbad:
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote:Have y’all watched that new show Moon knight ? It’s :notbad:
Not yet. Worth picking up?
max225

datgrundle wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:10 pm
max225 wrote:Have y’all watched that new show Moon knight ? It’s :notbad:
Not yet. Worth picking up?
:Yeth:
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Forester

Hey guys

dropping by to say hi. Hope all of you are well.

Also, I went back a few pages and saw that link to that rang thread. I was LOL - why was he stalling on checking his oil. Im still only on page 6 and I see theres 160 so i have a bit to go. I could sense the frustration in the group, DONT TURN ON THE Car. haha.
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Forester

And one more post to up my post count, just cuz.
wap

09vdubgti wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:05 am Hey guys

Also, I went back a few pages and saw that link to that rang thread. I was LOL - why was he stalling on checking his oil. Im still only on page 6 and I see theres 160 so i have a bit to go. I could sense the frustration in the group, DONT TURN ON THE Car. haha.
:howdy:
That was a thread for the ages, that's for sure.

Fucking :crang: ... :lolol:

How you been?
max225

09vdubgti wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:05 am Hey guys

Did your ears get hot or did someone ping you to come back?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Water heaters are the new mattresses
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:54 am Water heaters are the new mattresses
If/when mine shits the bed I’ll probably just buy one at Home Depot and let them come install it. Fuck plumbing.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

More model updates

wap

Truly :impressive:
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Me when posting via mobile

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

How was the weekend for everyone?

I didn't do a whole lot, was really beat after a long week in Miami with a ton of customer meetings and some trips down memory lane at my Alma Mater.

I did hit a brewery with some friends to celebrate my buddy and his gf purchasing a house. They bought this place for $350K - https://www.zillow.com/homes/1717-Hawth ... 7515_zpid/ The thing is a total dump and will require a full gut/renovation. Not :jelly: but I feel they got a pretty good :dill: , nicer/renovated homes of that size in the area are probably $600-700K at least.

Played some disc golf after that. Yesterday just did some yard work and bled the brakes on the Beemah a couple more times, to still have the pedal feel a little soft for my tastes on the first press.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

datgrundle wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:59 am Me when posting via mobile

:lolol: :notbad:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:31 am How was the weekend for everyone?

I didn't do a whole lot, was really beat after a long week in Miami with a ton of customer meetings and some trips down memory lane at my Alma Mater.

I did hit a brewery with some friends to celebrate my buddy and his gf purchasing a house. They bought this place for $350K - https://www.zillow.com/homes/1717-Hawth ... 7515_zpid/ The thing is a total dump and will require a full gut/renovation. Not :jelly: but I feel they got a pretty good :dill: , nicer/renovated homes of that size in the area are probably $600-700K at least.

Played some disc golf after that. Yesterday just did some yard work and bled the brakes on the Beemah a couple more times, to still have the pedal feel a little soft for my tastes on the first press.
Dang, your friends doing the work themselves or hiring someone? That's a major cash outlay...six figures plus, I always wonder how people afford to this stuff.

I spent the day yesterday working around the house getting some projects further along. I'm beat today, could really use some time off.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Much cucking was done over the weekend. And I had to work Sunday because it’s our fiscal year end … yaaaay

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:27 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:31 am How was the weekend for everyone?

Dang, your friends doing the work themselves or hiring someone? That's a major cash outlay...six figures plus, I always wonder how people afford to this stuff.

I spent the day yesterday working around the house getting some projects further along. I'm beat today, could really use some time off.
Well, his GF is an architect so she will design it. My buddy will do what he can himself as he's cheap and pretty capable, his dad is a pro carpenter and my friend went out with his dad and worked summers and stuff growing up, so I'd say higher than average abilities. He also has a contractor buddy who will be doing the bulk of the work though. They are looking at $100-120K allegedly.

The house has new roof, HVAC, water heater... but just about everything else will be removed and redone - walls, floors, ceilings, kitchen, shitters. I think they will convert it from a 2/1 to a 3/2.

I honestly don't know how they will afford it. He is a city planner for CLT, her an architect, both are five figure jobs. They are both pretty frugal and he made a good bit recently selling his condo he bought years ago. The house was 'only' $350K which is as cheap as houses get in CLT these days, and this is in a super desirable area walking distance to everything. The big kicker to me is that it will take like a year+ so they will have to outlay the mortgage on $350K, the $100K+ bill for the work, AND an apartment which is like $1500/month minimum unless they get a studio.

I am not :jelly: but they really had little other choice as anything 'done' is like $500K+.

I think my friend hates all of this though, he is pretty :aintcare: about :fancy: house shit and just wanted a garage and a commute that is bike-able. He is now spending his life savings all to wind up with no garage and likely a super stressful year or more. The plus side is they will be sitting on a $600K+ house at the end of it all.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:47 am Much cucking was done over the weekend. And I had to work Sunday because it’s our fiscal year end … yaaaay

Looks good, reminds me of my fireplace/living room now.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:53 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:27 am

Well, his GF is an architect so she will design it. My buddy will do what he can himself as he's cheap and pretty capable, his dad is a pro carpenter and my friend went out with his dad and worked summers and stuff growing up, so I'd say higher than average abilities. He also has a contractor buddy who will be doing the bulk of the work though. They are looking at $100-120K allegedly.

The house has new roof, HVAC, water heater... but just about everything else will be removed and redone - walls, floors, ceilings, kitchen, shitters. I think they will convert it from a 2/1 to a 3/2.

I honestly don't know how they will afford it. He is a city planner for CLT, her an architect, both are five figure jobs. They are both pretty frugal and he made a good bit recently selling his condo he bought years ago. The house was 'only' $350K which is as cheap as houses get in CLT these days, and this is in a super desirable area walking distance to everything. The big kicker to me is that it will take like a year+ so they will have to outlay the mortgage on $350K, the $100K+ bill for the work, AND an apartment which is like $1500/month minimum unless they get a studio.

I am not :jelly: but they really had little other choice as anything 'done' is like $500K+.

I think my friend hates all of this though, he is pretty :aintcare: about :fancy: house shit and just wanted a garage and a commute that is bike-able. He is now spending his life savings all to wind up with no garage and likely a super stressful year or more. The plus side is they will be sitting on a $600K+ house at the end of it all.
:impressive: I've always wondered about these situations as we've looked at some major projects in the past and the numbers never added up. I could never figure out how to pay the mortgage, reno costs, AND rent somewhere else. Seems like an extremely :waxer: proposition, but I guess I'm just poor or just don't have the financial family support many count on.

:ohwell: :aintcare:

Sounds like they have the resources to make it happen, and good for them they'll end up paying less than $500k for a $600k+ house done exactly how they want it. :notbad:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:55 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:53 am

:impressive: I've always wondered about these situations as we've looked at some major projects in the past and the numbers never added up. I could never figure out how to pay the mortgage, reno costs, AND rent somewhere else. Seems like an extremely :waxer: proposition, but I guess I'm just poor or just don't have the financial family support many count on.

Sounds like they have the resources to make it happen, and good for them they'll end up paying less than $500k for a $600k+ house done exactly how they want it. :notbad:
:lolol: I can assure you they are poorer than you are. I suspect they will basically just find the cheapest, shittiest apartment possible and not do anything throughout the year that costs money. I will get some more details from my buddy when I see him 1:1. I think he had over $100K cash in hand from selling his townhouse and as mentioned, they are both pretty :scrooge: so probably each had some cash saved up as well. I imagine there is a way to wrap some of the reno cost into the mortgage and/or do a rather low down payment and spend the cash on hand on the project. Hopefully they are at least locking in at a decent interest rate.

I can't help but think he's kind of making a bad call :doe: , he had a townhouse he bought for like $120K 10 years ago and the mortgage that goes with that, like $600 or something. His GF refused to move into the place because "she didn't like it" and now he is in this position, they are co-owning this house but it's primarily financed by him and his townhouse profits.

That said, if the market does this forever, I guess it's not a bad move, I'm sure they'll keep the house for a long time to come as long as the relationship works out. It will probably appreciate faster than his townhouse, it's a single family and in a much more desirable area.

Call me old fashioned but I just don't think I would buy a house with someone I wasn't married to.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:20 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:55 pm

:lolol: I can assure you they are poorer than you are. I suspect they will basically just find the cheapest, shittiest apartment possible and not do anything throughout the year that costs money. I will get some more details from my buddy when I see him 1:1. I think he had over $100K cash in hand from selling his townhouse and as mentioned, they are both pretty :scrooge: so probably each had some cash saved up as well. I imagine there is a way to wrap some of the reno cost into the mortgage and/or do a rather low down payment and spend the cash on hand on the project. Hopefully they are at least locking in at a decent interest rate.

I can't help but think he's kind of making a bad call :doe: , he had a townhouse he bought for like $120K 10 years ago and the mortgage that goes with that, like $600 or something. His GF refused to move into the place because "she didn't like it" and now he is in this position, they are co-owning this house but it's primarily financed by him and his townhouse profits.

That said, if the market does this forever, I guess it's not a bad move, I'm sure they'll keep the house for a long time to come as long as the relationship works out. It will probably appreciate faster than his townhouse, it's a single family and in a much more desirable area.

Call me old fashioned but I just don't think I would buy a house with someone I wasn't married to.
:impressive: :scrooge:

I'm with you, 0/7 would I buy a house with someone I wasn't married to. I'd be buying it ONLY for myself and if the other wanted to go along, then fine. Not that I think marriage is the only option, but there needs to be some sort of financial commitment between the two people that marriage really helps facilitate.

This project will strain ANY relationship, sadly it'll be a feat if they're still together when it's all done. Hopefully they make it, or the market keeps going nuts so he can flip it.