Strut your greasy stuff!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:13 pm
Tar wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:10 pm

:amazing: :lolol:
We are short on this demographic here, so I'd possibly be able to recreate that stereotype and make it my own. I hear ya, dude!
Certainly see that here. The Camry is piloted by some interesting fellas in XSE form...
Haha, gangsta rollin' in silently. I watched a few :disgust: videos of those guys doing the run-down on their "extreme sport edition" Cammie Hybrids. :jesus:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:18 pm:fuckyeah:
Let me know current trends on loafers, I think I'll wear some golfer guy outfit when I pick it up with my wife. See if I can embarrass her at the dealership.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Tar wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:19 pm
wap wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:18 pm:fuckyeah:
Let me know current trends on loafers, I think I'll wear some golfer guy outfit when I pick it up with my wife. See if I can embarrass her at the dealership.
The most :lolol: would be to DECK OUT in Toyota gear. Hat, shirt, jacket, anything and everything you can get your hands on, complete with white New Balance dad shoes.

All to pick up a new Camry. Would be fantastic :lolol: :butwhy: :amazing:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:09 pm

The most :lolol: would be to DECK OUT in Toyota gear. Hat, shirt, jacket, anything and everything you can get your hands on, complete with white New Balance dad shoes.

:amazing:
It will be some gong-show for sure. My wife needs that drama in her life.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:iono: I like the black roof Cammies :foreveralone:

I have 35% :tints: courtesy of :melon: and I definitely wouldn't want it darker, I want people on the street to be able to look in and see that I don't have a :pussy: transmission.

:iono: I prefer the fish bowl look TBH, I would probably go for the 40-50% range. They :tints: does protect the interior and makes a huge difference in the summer, so while I don't love the look, it's nice.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:amaze:

Please :doit:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:05 pm

There are a fair amount of Hispanic 30 somethings, usually overweight dads, who rock the Camry in XSE or SE form and go all out with the maximum dude accessories so that they somehow retain their balls when they lost them long ago. It's not a good look.
We are short on this demographic here, so I'd possibly be able to recreate that stereotype and make it my own. I hear ya, dude!
There are these two houses on my street, both lived in by Hispanic families who seem to have migrated here from Los Angeles a few years ago. These are both houses like mine, 1100 sq. ft., and between the two houses they have at least 15 people living in them. They also have 5-6 vehicles, but the crown jewel is a Cammie XSE of this gen with a lot of mods, like exhaust, stickers, lowered, :ramz: ...

The funny thing is this car is beat to shit. Like, I don't even know how you get a pretty new $30-40K car, spend another few thousand on horrid mods, and then somehow run the thing into every wall you can find. Damaged from all angles.

Welcome to the Cammie Enthusiast Club, Mario!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:01 am

:amaze:

Please :doit:
Don't tempt me, I have a Toyota golf shirt, lexus vest and will splurge on New Balance kicks in a heartbeat.
A Team Toyota Nascar hat would tie in the outfit nicely. I would like to have a proper 'stash to truly emmerse myself in that flex.

On the flip side, am I doing an injustice to my Cammie enthusiast homies? I could wear a weed hat, fat gold chain draped over wife-beeter, and might be able to source a velvet black puma tracksuit or the like at a thrift shop.

Man, both outfits present a fantastic photo op for me and the old lady in front of our new vee-hickle purchase.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

3 pages and no new Camry to speak of :disgust: when is it coming in again ?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:56 am 3 pages and no new Camry to speak of :disgust: when is it coming in again ?
You can plan for thirty more days of this :thanksbiden:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tar wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:07 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:56 am 3 pages and no new Camry to speak of :disgust: when is it coming in again ?
You can plan for thirty more days of this :thanksbiden:
:hibachi:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:03 am

There are these two houses on my street, both lived in by Hispanic families who seem to have migrated here from Los Angeles a few years ago. These are both houses like mine, 1100 sq. ft., and between the two houses they have at least 15 people living in them. They also have 5-6 vehicles, but the crown jewel is a Cammie XSE of this gen with a lot of mods, like exhaust, stickers, lowered, :ramz: ...

The funny thing is this car is beat to shit. Like, I don't even know how you get a pretty new $30-40K car, spend another few thousand on horrid mods, and then somehow run the thing into every wall you can find. Damaged from all angles.

This post made me :lolol: Especially the bolded.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

:disgust:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

My people 👊🏽

I'm thinking someone bought that XSE at a repo auction after it served as a failed getaway vehicle.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Robbers probably couldn't figure out how to get it out of eco mode.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Tar wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:42 pm

My people 👊🏽

I'm thinking someone bought that XSE at a repo auction after it served as a failed getaway vehicle.
More than likely, it's a salvage title that they had their homies rebuild.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:08 am
Tar wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:42 pm

My people 👊🏽

More than likely, it's a salvage title that they had their homies rebuild.
Definitely a possibility. It's way newer than their other vehicles, a circa 2001 Odyssey, 4R of the same vintage, 2006ish CR-V, 2010ish V6 Mustang, some shitty Nissan sedan thing... all in similar beat-to-hell condition.

One of them did buy my old leaf blower :doe: :notbad:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Evening d00ds, i think I'm going to throw up a Cammie update, got through my first tank of gas and it's a plethora of info which I'm still trying to digest and understand... But in a nutshell I've been getting from 34 to 40 MPGz, with a strategic 40 mile trip that typically proves to be the most efficient for me and would bode well for a hybrid... a whopping 61 MPG for that segment, I was floored. The powertrain feels a little looser and more efficient, and temps are up significantly while burning through the second half of the tank.

More details on all of this as well as some initial quality defects that seem directly related to :derp: attaching panels and components to the main body. None of it causes any issues, but I need to get a few pics for the :lolol:
max225

Tar wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:22 pm Evening d00ds, i think I'm going to throw up a Cammie update, got through my first tank of gas and it's a plethora of info which I'm still trying to digest and understand... But in a nutshell I've been getting from 34 to 40 MPGz, with a strategic 40 mile trip that typically proves to be the most efficient for me and would bode well for a hybrid... a whopping 61 MPG for that segment, I was floored. The powertrain feels a little looser and more efficient, and temps are up significantly while burning through the second half of the tank.

More details on all of this as well as some initial quality defects that seem directly related to :derp: attaching panels and components to the main body. None of it causes any issues, but I need to get a few pics for the :lolol:
Let’s compare to the Tessie quality is job #272.

Very curious. As I have had 0 issues with the taco … … zilch none
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Just getting FE shit out of the way... Attached is a visual representation of 12 gal = 450 miles on donkey pee-pee. I'm vwry happy with this aspect of the car.

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I took a bunch of pics of the car, will need to take a few up close shots next opportunity.

The interior is pretty dece, 9" screen looks and works great. The speaker sys is good enough, went straight to the auto equilizing setting :bs: and turned it off.

The radio buttons are :jalepenis: but work well. Plastics range from very nice to very cheap, and are systematically selected based on frequency of contact. For example, panels that don't usually get touched are super low budget. And things like steering wheel buttons feel really great.

Some pics:

Last edited by Tar on Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Work pants, because basic bitch lyfe
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

So the big elephant in the room for me was what would my wife think of it? The kids were easy, just show them spotify voice selections through AA and they were able to select their favorite music and could trip out to the energy graphics which were used as info graphics to explain the technology to them on our (short) drives to school.

Well, it finally happened, she and I were heading to a dinner date! Tex mex it was, I had an 11oz steak and salad, and the wife and kids shared breaded chicken with hot sauce on a bed of sautayed peppers/onions on freshly made torts... i insisted on taking the Camry. :tits: has some inherent vertigo since like 2007, so i try and get her to drive one way, this time she was a little hesitant, since everything was so new.

I gladly drove, and I used the same luring technique, but this time with Michael Buble Lolol.. then switched it to 90s alternative rock since that was our youthful influences and memories. She was feeling the moment and was "swayed" to the ride comfort. It's really well sorted for the factory A/S 18s.

The braking was uterly smooth, I guess they sorted that out since it was a point often discussed in reviews of 2018-21 years. The power delivery is also incredibly quiet and smooth. The wife was floored, she hasn't felt that comfortable in any car I owned like ever.. It rivals her SUV for ride comfort. The long wheelbase was doing its thing as the body barely moves when the road gets unsettled. i really like the new tech synthetic seating.

I am pleasantly surprised with the steering feel, it is fairly heavy and eager to come back to center with no dead-zone. I was preparing myself for much worse. Nah fam, this car is actually kind of nice to drive, it's very composed in rapid direction changes or more playful/spirited driving.

My initial conclusion of this car is that it actually offers a very fuel efficient commuter that's dece to drive and be seen in.
Last edited by Tar on Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:nice:

Congrats on the car man, it looks great. Makes me want one now.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:45 pm :nice:

Congrats on the car man, it looks great. Makes me want one now.
Thanks! :wub:

It's a solid dad car, I recommend it!