OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:12 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:10 pm
Oh really? Must just be a city thing then? My coworkers are :mindblown: that we don't have testing. There's mobile testing units on every street corner in NYC.
Yeah, cities are entirely different animals.

A lot of the pop up booster clinics prior to the 1 year vaxxiversary were in Trenton after dark.

Fuck. No.
:nope:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:07 pm
razr390 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:04 pm

TBH the government needs to make them available for free. Ship 1 test per person per household like they sent out IRS stimmies. Now they are “reimbursing” people for tests :yeahok: government going to reimburse my $25 per at home test in 6-12 business years
Michele said this this morning. If it's SO IMPORTANT and .gov cares SO MUCH then why not ship a test per person to each house? They'd identify way more cases (like mine maybe) and likely prevent spread because more people may stay home if they test positive.

But, it just goes along with how mismanaged the response to this entire thing has been for years now. :ohwell:
The government is not efficient or effective. If anything they are always weeks behind due to red tape and political bullshit on either side of the aisle. That’s why I despise the extremes on both sides so much. At the end of the day only you can ensure your own circumstances. I bought a bunch of at home tests when the waves died down and I only test again if I pop a positive. Otherwise i use 1 test at a time.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:12 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:10 pm
Oh really? Must just be a city thing then? My coworkers are :mindblown: that we don't have testing. There's mobile testing units on every street corner in NYC.
Yeah, cities are entirely different animals.

A lot of the pop up booster clinics I'd get text alerts for prior to the 1 year vaxxiversary were in Trenton after dark.

Fuck. No.

Finding anything in the suburbs at that time was next to impossible.
Good ol’ Trenton. After the PDRBBQ TK and I stopped for gas on the way back. Shell in some sketchy part of Trenton (I think the historic area?) anyways. Never knew NJ was a “you can’t self service” at gas pumps so some dude comes up on me in NO identifiable uniform whatsoever and he just yells “HOW MUCH YOU WANT?!” And I was like “I’m either getting offered drugs or about to get robbed/hurt” and I turn to him, he looks at me for like 15 seconds and I’m like “what?” He points to the pump sign where it says no self service and I’m like oh $20 I guess?!” Hand him my card lol
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

razr390 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:04 pm
wap wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:00 pm

Coworker brought up a good point. With kids here now needing to test negative to go back to school after the holidays/new year, parents have bought out all the kits everywhere, so there's been a run on them. But these pop up no appointment free places are really handy.
TBH the government needs to make them available for free. Ship 1 test per person per household like they sent out IRS stimmies. Now they are “reimbursing” people for tests :yeahok: government going to reimburse my $25 per at home test in 6-12 business years
:notwrong:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:07 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:52 pm
Same here. A buddy of mine went out Sunday to buy a test to have on hand with the cases spiking. He said he went to every pharmacy, Mejier, Walmart, etc and they were all sold out.

This country claims to want to take the virus so seriously, but when it comes to testing in semi-rural areas like mine, it's :aintcare: good luck. No wonder it spreads so fast in areas like mine.
Dude, even in a populated area like mine, testing is impossible. NJ is at least starting to fire up the test cannon and get testing kits to residences.

Thankfully I'm in no need to be out and about right now. It's properly cold and winter is here.
https://covid19.nj.gov/faqs/nj-informat ... -treatment
Scroll down a bit. There's a long list of free test sites in Joisey by county.
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:08 pm

Coworker brought up a good point. With kids here now needing to test negative to go back to school after the holidays/new year, parents have bought out all the kits everywhere, so there's been a run on them. But these pop up no appointment free places are really handy.
That would make sense I guess.

Pop up no appt free places are great...if you have them. I have to go to the damned airport terminal :lolol:
Best I could find for you. :ohwell:
wap

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:24 pm
wap wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:22 pm

https://covid19.nj.gov/faqs/nj-informat ... -treatment
Scroll down a bit. There's a long list of free test sites in Joisey by county.
Appreciate it.

Glad to see they've made the Cure arena a go-to for Covid resources. But, that's the ONLY spot in my whole county. :lol:
Hopefully more will pop up soon :iono:
ChrisoftheNorth

Pop up no appt free places are great...if you have them. I have to go to the damned airport terminal :lolol:
Better than nothing. At least our airport is nice and small, and 15 mins from my house. Shares a parking lot with Costco.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:27 pm

Better than nothing. At least our airport is nice and small, and 15 mins from my house. Shares a parking lot with Costco.
:notbad:
razr390

Wonder how effective an airport terminal is in testing versus making it a superspreader hot bed especially so close to travelers from other parts of the country. :lol:
razr390

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:22 pm
razr390 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:18 pm
Good ol’ Trenton. After the PDRBBQ TK and I stopped for gas on the way back. Shell in some sketchy part of Trenton (I think the historic area?) anyways. Never knew NJ was a “you can’t self service” at gas pumps so some dude comes up on me in NO identifiable uniform whatsoever and he just yells “HOW MUCH YOU WANT?!” And I was like “I’m either getting offered drugs or about to get robbed/hurt” and I turn to him, he looks at me for like 15 seconds and I’m like “what?” He points to the pump sign where it says no self service and I’m like oh $20 I guess?!” Hand him my card lol
:lol:

It's certainly not as bad as some people would make you think it is...

But not much good happens in Trenton after dark.
Yeah 100% of the awkwardness was my lack of knowing they service you and there’s no self service lol. I was literally like :wtf: brain fart trying to make it make sense.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Melon wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:45 pm
The subtle dig that I'm too unintelligent to come to the conclusion that you're an asshole on my own did not go unnoticed.

Next time, quote Macbeth, it's got a lot more memorable scenes.
Sigh, its not a dig. Genuine concern. Chicken little and all. whatever. bye.
The holier than thou attitude gets old quick. If only we could all be on your level.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Melon wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:07 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:53 pm Sigh, its not a dig. Genuine concern. Chicken little and all. whatever. bye.
Let's rewind...
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:57 pm Now that your signaling to the mob is complete, you may step back in line (and off the forum) with the rest of the sheep and continue to allow them to do your thinking because you are clearly incapable of doing it yourself.
Concern, all out of love.

When you insult someone, at least have the balls to own it.
Ok Alan. If making me an object of your hate makes you feel better, go ahead.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

rockchops wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:00 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Sigh, its not a dig. Genuine concern. Chicken little and all. whatever. bye.
The holier than thou attitude gets old quick. If only we could all be on your level.
I'm sorry where does your wife work again? I forget sir. I'm a measly peasant Bachelor of Science after all mr pot.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:32 pm

Wonder how effective an airport terminal is in testing versus making it a superspreader hot bed especially so close to travelers from other parts of the country. :lol:
I thought the same. :lolol:

But it's probably the largest indoor public facility we have...
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
rockchops wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:00 pm The holier than thou attitude gets old quick. If only we could all be on your level.
I'm sorry where does your wife work again? I forget sir. I'm a measly peasant Bachelor of Science after all mr pot.
I am firmly in the "let the scientists do their job" camp in the same way I am not going to watch a youtube video and explain how your cad drawings are all wrong (or respectively, whatever you do day to day).
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:06 pm
Melon wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:07 pm

Let's rewind...

Concern, all out of love.

When you insult someone, at least have the balls to own it.
Ok Alan. If making me an object of your hate makes you feel better, go ahead.
Brad: I didn't say a thing.

Me: Yes you did, here's a quote.

Brad: You just hate me then.

This makes no sense, I'm sorry, I don't follow.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:09 pm
rockchops wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:00 pm The holier than thou attitude gets old quick. If only we could all be on your level.
You're not an expert on viruses because you took some math classes in college bud.

If someone attaches a 200hp pump to the end of a COVID vaccine, I'll call you up. Until then, you're no more an expert than most (Not sure if someone in the room has medical experience) of us.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

max225 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:07 pm So here is my prediction for the timeline...
Get everyone vaccinated (March 21-June 21)
Blame unvaccinated for surge (June 21)
Refuse to acknowledge vaccine shortfalls (June-Sep 21)
Skew data to show that vaccines help 90%+ as this is the only solution for now (June 21)
Pin vaxxed and unvaxxed against one another in order to avoid talking about real issues at hand <<<we are here
Start rolling back "open" statuses as hospitals will start becoming overwhelmed (End of July/August while red states will continue to fight this)
Acknowledge that vaccines may not be effective but still blame unvaccinated (Sep/oct 21)
Bring out Pfizer/BioNtech news that that a solution is in the works (Sep/Oct 21)
Quoting myself
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

max225 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:15 pm Bring back even more restrictive lock downs because things are spiraling out of control while still blaming unvaccinated (Holidays 21)
Continue to egg on the population against eachother instead of admitting that early prevention in (Jun/July and admittance that vaccines are infective should have resulted in more lock downs). (Nov>Dec 21)
Booster shot availability for the rich/famous/politicians (December 21)
Peak variant and subsequent declines due to everyone having had it + vaccines (dec-March)
Booster shot availability for the common man (March 2022)
Back to normal for 2 months
New variant and rinse and repeat

That's my 12 month outlook
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:23 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:15 pm Bring back even more restrictive lock downs because things are spiraling out of control while still blaming unvaccinated (Holidays 21)
Continue to egg on the population against eachother instead of admitting that early prevention in (Jun/July and admittance that vaccines are infective should have resulted in more lock downs). (Nov>Dec 21)
Peak variant and subsequent declines due to everyone having had it + vaccines (dec-March)

:notbad:
razr390

Gimme powerball numbers
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: CHEESE

:tits: and I caught the rona :angry:

No matter how careful you are with masks or how boosted you are… nobody seems to care anymore at the grocery store. And yet it feels like EVERYONE is turning up sick around here… the cases really are spiking like mad.
2010 Audi TT APR Stg1 (sold) >> 2012 BMW 335i FBO (sold) >> 2009 Miata zoom-zoom spec "Cheese" (sold) >> 2022 Hyundai Elantra N + 1999 Miata Maacover Project
wap

Got booster timing :wrong: , but otherwise, :notbad:
wap

RLWake wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:25 pm :tits: and I caught the rona :angry:

No matter how careful you are with masks or how boosted you are… nobody seems to care anymore at the grocery store. And yet it feels like EVERYONE is turning up sick around here… the cases really are spiking like mad.
Fuck.

How you feeling?