OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Melon wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:30 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:57 pm

wow thats alot of false statements and half truths but whatever, glad you could come in and contribute to the dog pile of *checks notes* like 3 other dudes after not posting for like 4 months. Maybe it's just getting older, but I don't need people that act like this in my life either. Now that your signaling to the mob is complete, you may step back in line (and off the forum) with the rest of the sheep and continue to allow them to do your thinking because you are clearly incapable of doing it yourself. Any other false labels the private echo chamber™ has for me you all want to share? Am I in the kkk now too? Because everyone in that gchat knows me sooooooo well.

Anyway-
Im sure they will come to your rescue when your house floods again.
Im sure they will put you up in their home in hard times.
help each other move
help get you a job
help each other with auto projects that need skilled second hands
be a sounding board for life stuff
divulge private conversations from long ago, out of context, in public, in order to paint others in a poor light - oh wait, thats you! :dislike:

Good talk. have a nice life. See you on the hill, probably.
And that really is the juxtaposition of is isn't it?

I don't deny, in fact, I celebrate the good times we had together.
We were true bros.

But you needed to put me down to feel better about yourself.
You put politics above friendship.

It's sad what you have become.
I have never put you down Alan, and if it felt that way I am sorry as it was never the intent. None of this bullshit ever felt good, in fact I needed some help at a point.
You have allowed your POV to be poisoned by those you now surround yourself with, much like what happened with Théoden and Wormtongue. You have allowed the facts of the natural distanincing of our relationship to be clouded by the lens of others' views. So much so that I am now all the sudden anti LGBT? Please. I've broken bread with your brother as well as may other people that are not straight you don't even know. I've been to their bars on nights out FFS. Calling me a homophobe is an outright fucking lie and you know it.

We don't have to be good friends or otherwise, but you know me, and you know I am not this evil person you are painting a picture of. Wake up man.

And if you think its sad what I have become? Well that is a symptom of the disease poisoning your mind. I'm more proud of the person I am today than I was two years ago. I'm way happier too. Perhaps you should go on a personal growth journey dude. What has this little spat added in value to your life? You feel better after trying to do a take down of me? Probably a good question to answer, then ask why it did or did not and what the true motivation was.

Personally, the only regret about last year I'm having at the moment was coming back on here to try and provide some information for those that might want it. Because I am having to deal with attitudes and bias like yours digging up offtopic shit from the past, aka a big olde never ending Ad Hominem. I'm strong enough now to deal with it, and I don't seek approval from anyone here. That being said its not without cost. If that cost becomes too high, well bye.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:43 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:03 pm

banned, this is contrary thinking, the data is fine. :trollface:
Or he's simply stating that the data sucks because immediate testing is so hard to come by?

He's got a point.
Yes this was always a problem on many levels. I also agree with yalls logic here, a positive test doesn't really do anything if you can't get one for a week and you are better at that time. And at that point if you are positive you have to isolate for another week even tho you are probably not contagious. Lets not even get into PCR cycles and the testing of people with no symptoms.
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:21 pm Pretty sure I have COVID. Chills, aches, fever hallucinations last night with a brutal headache that kept me up most of the night. No loss in taste or smell and no fever today so far, also no breathing issues or congestion, but I still feel drained, achy, and puffy headed. From what I can read, common Omicron symptoms.

Figured I'd go get tested, but all the test places require appointments and they're all at least a week out. :lolol: what's the point? A week for the test then a few days for results and quarantine is done. Dafuq.

We'll see how the next few days go...
Hope you feel better soon :mahman:

Agreed that the testing at this point is a joke. If five days of quarantining are what's required, why bother testing after that point? Take care of yourself at home, rest up, get healthy, get back at it after five days. I'm surprised my symptoms haven't started yet after five days in FL, but if we didn't pick it up then, I'm sure my wife will be getting it at work.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:34 pm I know DPlac is in a much much more rural area, but that's crazy that testing is so hard to come by out there, and it sounds like in a lot of other places as well. Lots of same day, no appointment needed, testing available out here in SD.

I'm on the same train of thought though, if I thought I had it for some reason I'd just chill at the house for a weekish until I felt better. No point in testing anymore. I'll head to the ER if my fingers turn blue from lack of that sweet sweet oxygen.
They are everywhere here too (Charlotte/SD metros are about the same size IIRC) but you have to wait in line for hours at all of them best case, worst case, they run out of tests after you sit there for half of a day. Makes it pretty :butwhy: and also makes me think the testing facilities are likely super spreader events :lolol:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:56 pm
...and yet you continue to attack others.
Only when they start it. Meet speech with speech, steel with steel, and fire with fire. Cite an example from last month where I jumped to name calling without being attack first. If this occurred it was an error and I will apologize.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

D Griff wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:01 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:34 pm I know DPlac is in a much much more rural area, but that's crazy that testing is so hard to come by out there, and it sounds like in a lot of other places as well. Lots of same day, no appointment needed, testing available out here in SD.

I'm on the same train of thought though, if I thought I had it for some reason I'd just chill at the house for a weekish until I felt better. No point in testing anymore. I'll head to the ER if my fingers turn blue from lack of that sweet sweet oxygen.
They are everywhere here too (Charlotte/SD metros are about the same size IIRC) but you have to wait in line for hours at all of them best case, worst case, they run out of tests after you sit there for half of a day. Makes it pretty :butwhy: and also makes me think the testing facilities are likely super spreader events :lolol:
I could cite an Italian white paper from early in the pandemic that shows data on this. Not sure if it was subsequently published. And it was for hospitals, specifically.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Here, they won't see you without an appointment. Probably to prevent sick (and potentially not THAT sick) people from sitting together and incubating for hours for no reason. But I checked all the online resources we have (Rite Aid, CVS, Walgreens, Meijer, etc) and they're all a week out. I called a few clinics, one could get me in tomorrow but charges $250 for the test :lolol: Apparently, they provide results quickly and certifiably for travelling...which I don't care about. Another clinic could "squeeze me in" on Friday, but I wouldn't have results until Monday or Tuesday. 7 days since my first symptoms AT THE EARLIEST

So I'll just lay low and chill. But assuming I have it, I'm an easy/mild case going completely unreported. That skews the data.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

They're fairly common around here, too. We had a covid scare last week when one of my knucklehead relatives got the vid shortly after my extended family met for dinner at a restaurant after Christmas. They're 'vid-denying, anti vax morans and the only way we found about it was that my niece saw the relative had posted about it on her snapchat story. :facepalm: This place is 5 minutes from my :haus:
https://freecovidtestingsite.com/locations/
They have meatchicken locations, too, but there are probably other places around.

Went in this past Sunday afternoon, no appointment, waited about 10 minutes, took both the rapid and PCR tests, and got the rapid results 10 minutes later (negative). Should be getting an email with the PCR test results in the next couple of days.

There are other places like this. Friend of mine went to this place near her house:
https://expressmedicaltesting.com/
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:28 pm

Here, they won't see you without an appointment. Probably to prevent sick (and potentially not THAT sick) people from sitting together and incubating for hours for no reason. But I checked all the online resources we have (Rite Aid, CVS, Walgreens, Meijer, etc) and they're all a week out. I called a few clinics, one could get me in tomorrow but charges $250 for the test :lolol: Apparently, they provide results quickly and certifiably for travelling...which I don't care about. Another clinic could "squeeze me in" on Friday, but I wouldn't have results until Monday or Tuesday. 7 days since my first symptoms AT THE EARLIEST

So I'll just lay low and chill. But assuming I have it, I'm an easy/mild case going completely unreported. That skews the data.
The pharmacies are all booked up here, too.
Googled "free covid test site in traverse city, mi" and got this. https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/0, ... --,00.html
Does this help?
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:21 pm Pretty sure I have COVID. Chills, aches, fever hallucinations last night with a brutal headache that kept me up most of the night. No loss in taste or smell and no fever today so far, also no breathing issues or congestion, but I still feel drained, achy, and puffy headed. From what I can read, common Omicron symptoms.

Figured I'd go get tested, but all the test places require appointments and they're all at least a week out. :lolol: what's the point? A week for the test then a few days for results and quarantine is done. Dafuq.

See if Michelle can get you an at home test teat any local pharmacy/grocery chain.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

razr390 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:42 pm

See if Michelle can get you an at home test teat any local pharmacy/grocery chain.
:wat: :lol:

Every pharmacy around me is sold out on the at home kits.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:38 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:11 pm

Only when they start it. Meet speech with speech, steel with steel, and fire with fire. Cite an example from last month where I jumped to name calling without being attack first. If this occurred it was an error and I will apologize.
Well, let's just go back to November 29th when you made your triumphant return from your self-imposed DFD retirement. Hang on while I dig through the 'SQL tables'...
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:04 pm

You are stupid. As webster's puts it, "having or showing a great lack of intelligence or common sense." You've just admitted it by not just being ignorant, but willfully so. I'd cite actual facts, but you are so brainwashed it won't matter. Sad. You could have been an intelligent, contributing member of society but instead wash cars or cut grass or whatever forgettable shit you are up to these days; that would be acceptable if you were going Galt. Alas, your mind has no value because you have allowed it to be erased by letting others do the thinking for you.

Perhaps I'll check in in 6 more months to see if DFD has become an entirely enclosed groupthink bubble. Merry Christmas to those I consider worthy of the greeting; you know who you are.
Not only did you insult me, but you insulted what I do, and then proceeded to attack anyone on DFD that holds an opinion differing from your own.

You said to cite an example. :iono:
Fair, and I did later do a kind of of soft apology for that. You were also being purposefully inflammatory, but I did take it too far, so I apologize.
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:34 pm
Melon wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:30 pm

And that really is the juxtaposition of is isn't it?

I don't deny, in fact, I celebrate the good times we had together.
We were true bros.

But you needed to put me down to feel better about yourself.
You put politics above friendship.

It's sad what you have become.
I have never put you down Alan, and if it felt that way I am sorry as it was never the intent. None of this bullshit ever felt good, in fact I needed some help at a point.
You have allowed your POV to be poisoned by those you now surround yourself with, much like what happened with Théoden and Wormtongue. You have allowed the facts of the natural distanincing of our relationship to be clouded by the lens of others' views. So much so that I am now all the sudden anti LGBT? Please. I've broken bread with your brother as well as may other people that are not straight you don't even know. I've been to their bars on nights out FFS. Calling me a homophobe is an outright fucking lie and you know it.

We don't have to be good friends or otherwise, but you know me, and you know I am not this evil person you are painting a picture of. Wake up man.

And if you think its sad what I have become? Well that is a symptom of the disease poisoning your mind. I'm more proud of the person I am today than I was two years ago. I'm way happier too. Perhaps you should go on a personal growth journey dude. What has this little spat added in value to your life? You feel better after trying to do a take down of me? Probably a good question to answer, then ask why it did or did not and what the true motivation was.

Personally, the only regret about last year I'm having at the moment was coming back on here to try and provide some information for those that might want it. Because I am having to deal with attitudes and bias like yours digging up offtopic shit from the past, aka a big olde never ending Ad Hominem. I'm strong enough now to deal with it, and I don't seek approval from anyone here. That being said its not without cost. If that cost becomes too high, well bye.
The subtle dig that I'm too unintelligent to come to the conclusion that you're an asshole on my own did not go unnoticed.

Next time, quote Macbeth, it's got a lot more memorable scenes.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:36 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:28 pm

Googled "free covid test site in traverse city, mi" and got this. https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/0, ... --,00.html
Does this help?
This does! I didn't find this in my google searching. Fail.

From this, looks like I can go to the airport tomorrow and get tested? Interesting. Not sure if it's worth it, we're pretty much committed to sitting put for a few weeks.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:44 pm
razr390 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:42 pm

Same here. A buddy of mine went out Sunday to buy a test to have on hand with the cases spiking. He said he went to every pharmacy, Mejier, Walmart, etc and they were all sold out.

This country claims to want to take the virus so seriously, but when it comes to testing in semi-rural areas like mine, it's :aintcare: good luck. No wonder it spreads so fast in areas like mine.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Melon wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:45 pm
The subtle dig that I'm too unintelligent to come to the conclusion that you're an asshole on my own did not go unnoticed.

Next time, quote Macbeth, it's got a lot more memorable scenes.
Sigh, its not a dig. Genuine concern. Chicken little and all. whatever. bye.
brain go brrrrrr
razr390

It’s not even the testing that is logistically messed up. It’s the results and lab work too. My friend in FL had symptoms of a sore throat, negative on strep but they found a bacterial infection. They did an antigen (rapid test) and a PCR there at the urgent care. He then did another PCR elsewhere the next day. His “later” PCR came back negative within 3 days. The earliest PCR came back positive. Negative was at a local lab, positive was sent to a lab in Chicago. None of the logistics make sense regarding this. And the only way he can verify he truly had it other than false positive (both antigens were negative, 1 negative PCR one positive PCR) is him getting some sort of antibody test.

:ohwell:

I have a handful of at home tests and I just pop one anytime I get symptoms of a cold/flu/vid. So far they have always been negative. I’ve been at some gatherings, out in public, etc.

I am pretty sure I have had it at one point in the past and been asymptomatic. I’ve been going into the office a few days a week due to my job role, going out to parks with the kiddo, running errands/grocery runs in person, sometimes forgetting my mask.

I have the Pfizer cocktail and it’s been about 7 months now.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:50 pm
wap wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:36 pm
Does this help?

From this, looks like I can go to the airport tomorrow and get tested? Interesting. Not sure if it's worth it, we're pretty much committed to sitting put for a few weeks.
:fuckyeah:

Well, you can get tested just to confirm, then still stay put :iono:
But yeah, where you are it doesn't make as much sense to get tested as it does here. For me, I wanted to be sure I was negative so I can still visit my mom in her rehab facility, since being asymptomatic doesn't necessarily mean I'm not carrying it. Plus, since I'm still going into the office every day, I wouldn't want to bring it there.
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:52 pm
wap wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:44 pm

Same here. A buddy of mine went out Sunday to buy a test to have on hand with the cases spiking. He said he went to every pharmacy, Mejier, Walmart, etc and they were all sold out.

This country claims to want to take the virus so seriously, but when it comes to testing in semi-rural areas like mine, it's :aintcare: good luck. No wonder it spreads so fast in areas like mine.
Coworker brought up a good point. With kids here now needing to test negative to go back to school after the holidays/new year, parents have bought out all the kits everywhere, so there's been a run on them. But these pop up no appointment free places are really handy.
razr390

wap wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:00 pm

Coworker brought up a good point. With kids here now needing to test negative to go back to school after the holidays/new year, parents have bought out all the kits everywhere, so there's been a run on them. But these pop up no appointment free places are really handy.
TBH the government needs to make them available for free. Ship 1 test per person per household like they sent out IRS stimmies. Now they are “reimbursing” people for tests :yeahok: government going to reimburse my $25 per at home test in 6-12 business years
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:59 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:50 pm

:fuckyeah:

Well, you can get tested just to confirm, then still stay put :iono:
But yeah, where you are it doesn't make as much sense to get tested as it does here. For me, I wanted to be sure I was negative so I can still visit my mom in her rehab facility, since being asymptomatic doesn't necessarily mean I'm not carrying it. Plus, since I'm still going into the office every day, I wouldn't want to bring it there.
If we had plans to see people or go anywhere, I'd absolutely get tested just to know. But it's the first week of January in Northern MI, there's NOTHING going on, and we don't have anyone to visit. Staying put is NBD, and probably what we were going to do anyway. If tonight is as bad as last night was, or if I start getting worse tomorrow, I'll head down to the airport.

Even if we need to grocery shop and stay isolated, Meijer curbside pickup is incredible now.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:04 pm

TBH the government needs to make them available for free. Ship 1 test per person per household like they sent out IRS stimmies. Now they are “reimbursing” people for tests :yeahok: government going to reimburse my $25 per at home test in 6-12 business years
Michele said this this morning. If it's SO IMPORTANT and .gov cares SO MUCH then why not ship a test per person to each house? They'd identify way more cases (like mine maybe) and likely prevent spread because more people may stay home if they test positive.

But, it just goes along with how mismanaged the response to this entire thing has been for years now. :ohwell:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:53 pm Sigh, its not a dig. Genuine concern. Chicken little and all. whatever. bye.
Let's rewind...
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:57 pm Now that your signaling to the mob is complete, you may step back in line (and off the forum) with the rest of the sheep and continue to allow them to do your thinking because you are clearly incapable of doing it yourself.
Concern, all out of love.

When you insult someone, at least have the balls to own it.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
ChrisoftheNorth

That would make sense I guess.

Pop up no appt free places are great...if you have them. I have to go to the damned airport terminal :lolol:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:07 pm

Dude, even in a populated area like mine, testing is impossible. NJ is at least starting to fire up the test cannon and get testing kits to residences.

Thankfully I'm in no need to be out and about right now. It's properly cold and winter is here.
Oh really? Must just be a city thing then? My coworkers are :mindblown: that we don't have testing. There's mobile testing units on every street corner in NYC.