OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Tarspin wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:51 pm My kids had zero problems coping with, or recovering from COVID and both are non-vaxxed. :iono: ?
Not surprising. Kids handle it way better. To put it simply, adults immune system relies way more on memory/adaptive response, I.e. specific antibodies our body learns to make either from infection or vaccination. Kids don’t have as strong of an adaptive response, but have a way stronger initial general immune response.
:therapist:
Calvinball

[user not found] wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:17 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:41 pm

If we wanted to get all serious it seems like Pfizer clearly states that the current dosage is inappropriate and shows insufficient efficacy vs the control group to proceed further.

The simple answer here is to up the amount of “stuff” In the vaccine to increase antibody response as they have significantly lowered the dosage for kids vs adults, from the looks of it too much.
I think you've interpreted it wrong. Pfizer simply states the current two low-dose regimen is ineffective for children 2-5 years of age compared to 16-25 year olds and that they're moving forward with testing a third low dose to determine improved efficacy.
The decision to evaluate a third dose of 3 µg for children 6 months to under 5 years of age reflects the companies’ commitment to carefully select the right dose to maximize the risk-
benefit profile. If the three-dose study is successful, Pfizer and BioNTech expect to submit data to regulators to support an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for children 6 months to under 5 years of age in the first half of 2022.
They're still in the testing phase yet; nothing's finalized.
They aren’t even saying it’s ineffective, it’s just not as effective.
Calvinball

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:55 am
Calvinball wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:47 am My god this thread is a shitshow. Brad, I clicked on one of your links and I have to say, I don’t think you’re anti-science, I just don’t think you understand science at all. Max, that article you just linked doesn’t say what you said. At all.

I post this not to engage with those two really, as I know that is pointless. Just felt like I should say hi and make myself available for anyone who has read the stuff Brad posted or that article Max just did, and wants to have a conversation as to why I said what I just did.
Oh the almighty Dr Calvin has arrived with his ad hominem and false dichotomy from atop his bandwagon.

or, you know, quote the post so we can discuss the subject of the link if you have real concerns about data quality.
No.
Calvinball

To clarify, if anyone else is interested in the deets on my initial comment about Brad’s linked article, feel free to hit me up. I just have no interest in a “discussion” with him specifically, having caught up on this thread and seeing how that goes.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Calvinball wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:48 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:55 am

Oh the almighty Dr Calvin has arrived with his ad hominem and false dichotomy from atop his bandwagon.

or, you know, quote the post so we can discuss the subject of the link if you have real concerns about data quality.
No.
:lolgasm:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Calvinball wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:05 pm To clarify, if anyone else is interested in the deets on my initial comment about Brad’s linked article, feel free to hit me up. I just have no interest in a “discussion” with him specifically, having caught up on this thread and seeing how that goes.
I'm interested. Consider yourself hit up. :)
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Calvinball wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:05 pm To clarify, if anyone else is interested in the deets on my initial comment about Brad’s linked article, feel free to hit me up. I just have no interest in a “discussion” with him specifically, having caught up on this thread and seeing how that goes.
Typical spineless behavior by people that are unable to defend their positions. good talk. :like:
brain go brrrrrr
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

It looks like the smell and taste thing is coming back, it was interesting to see that most very healthy and natural things still tasted good, like pears and berries. On the flip side, junky things like chip seasoning and McDicks nugget :sawce: was completely tasteless.

We are being released from quarantine tonight at midnight, it'll be nice to have that ability to move around without risk of infecting others. Overall a :fuckyeah: kind of day!
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Another potential daycare exposure this week, of course right before Christmas. FML.

I guess one of the kids in the babies' room tested positive yesterday, and that child's older brother is in my son's class and was at school yesterday. The parent of that child tested positive today, so there's a decent chance my son will bring it home. Time to put that naturally gained immunity, booster, and vitamin D supplementing to the test, I guess.

SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

You guys see the press release on the WhitHouse.gov page basically telling everyone who hasn't followed the rule and gotten vaxxed to prepare for a season of death for themselves and their families? :lolol: fucking bullshit fear mongering.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:16 pm
Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:03 pm It looks like the smell and taste thing is coming back, it was interesting to see that most very healthy and natural things still tasted good, like pears and berries. On the flip side, junky things like chip seasoning and McDicks nugget :sawce: was completely tasteless.

We are being released from quarantine tonight at midnight, it'll be nice to have that ability to move around without risk of infecting others. Overall a :fuckyeah: kind of day!
Sounds like the loss of taste and smell was more due to increased mucous production vs. actual nerve damage. What's the wife reporting?

Glad things ended up being fairly minor for you. :like:
There wasn't a lot of blowing noses, but I have no idea what the cause was. Nicole is getting her smell and taste back too, it's a slow roll and not a complete pallet. Stuff she normally loves like coffee smells weird to her. I think all systems are firing back up again.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:23 pm You guys see the press release on the WhitHouse.gov page basically telling everyone who hasn't followed the rule and gotten vaxxed to prepare for a season of death for themselves and their families? :lolol: fucking bullshit fear mongering.
:dat:

Gotta keep the flow of Pfizer's lobbying money going.
Last edited by coogles on Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

coogles wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:17 pm Another potential daycare exposure this week, of course right before Christmas. FML.

I guess one of the kids in the babies' room tested positive yesterday, and that child's older brother is in my son's class and was at school yesterday. The parent of that child tested positive today, so there's a decent chance my son will bring it home. Time to put that naturally gained immunity, booster, and vitamin D supplementing to the test, I guess.

We're all getting it, I'm convinced it will hit 60% and then real heard immunity will happen.
Good luck brother, hope you and the family fair well!
Wife and I popped a couple of extra supplements outside of C and D3 during and afterwards, let me know if you are interested in deets.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:23 pm You guys see the press release on the WhitHouse.gov page basically telling everyone who hasn't followed the rule and gotten vaxxed to prepare for a season of death for themselves and their families? :lolol: fucking bullshit fear mongering.
I think they're asking to be tossed out of the oval office. I'm personally livid with these assholes.
SAWCE

coogles wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:30 pm

Gotta keep the flow of Pfizer's lobbying money going.
Don't forget the alcohol, tobacco, and processed food industries. Heaven forbid we actually ban things that are bad for your health.

I'd bet each of those individually kill more Americans annually than the total death count from Covid will ever hit.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:30 pm We're all getting it, I'm convinced it will hit 60% and then real heard immunity will happen.
Wife and I popped a couple of extra supplements outside of C and D3 during and afterwards, let me know if you are interested in deets.
Thanks man, feel free to DM or post here if you want. Much appreciated!
SAWCE

Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:31 pm
I think they're asking to be tossed out of the oval office. I'm personally livid with these assholes.
Not that I was a fan or supporter of Trump, but people were all :rage: at him for dividing the country and pitting people against each other, and that's exactly what this bullshit is :lol:

"If you're vaccinated, good job, here's a gold star. If you're not, fuck you. You, and everyone you know and love will die and you're going to kill other people too!"
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:40 pm

Not that I was a fan or supporter of Trump, but people were all :rage: at him for dividing the country and pitting people against each other, and that's exactly what this bullshit is :lol:

"If you're vaccinated, good job, here's a gold star. If you're not, fuck you. You, and everyone you know and love will die and you're going to kill other people too!"
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:40 pm

Deplorable.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

coogles wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:39 pm
Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:30 pm We're all getting it, I'm convinced it will hit 60% and then real heard immunity will happen.
Thanks man, feel free to DM or post here if you want. Much appreciated!
One of these (N-A-C) twice a day with food and 1000 iu of vitamin C (morning and night) cleared up Nicole's lungs, three days and her cough was mainly gone:

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/na ... ITLE_HDR_2

This (Nattokinase) in the morning before any food to keep the blood thin, I took it daily in hopes that it would keep blood clotting to a minimum and avoid any heart issues that I thought could come of the CRON:

https://www.verywellhealth.com/what-is- ... nase-89831
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:55 pm One of these (N-A-C) twice a day with food and 1000 iu of vitamin C (morning and night) cleared up Nicole's lungs, three days and her cough was mainly gone:

This (Nattokinase) in the morning before any food to keep the blood thin, I took it daily in hopes that it would keep blood clotting to a minimum and avoid any heart issues that I thought could come of the CRON:

:like:

I'll check those out, thanks!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

coogles wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:04 pm
Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:55 pm One of these (N-A-C) twice a day with food and 1000 iu of vitamin C (morning and night) cleared up Nicole's lungs, three days and her cough was mainly gone:

:like:

I'll check those out, thanks!
I didn't source the bands, just the product type. I'm sure it's all the same
SAWCE

If blood thickening or high blood pressure becomes a concern, hibiscus and hawthorne berry tea are both natural ACE inhibitors. My BP skyrocketed when I had covid and that combo of teas got me right again very quickly. I use them daily now to keep it down while doing bodybuilding things that increase bp...
Calvinball

Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:03 pm It looks like the smell and taste thing is coming back, it was interesting to see that most very healthy and natural things still tasted good, like pears and berries. On the flip side, junky things like chip seasoning and McDicks nugget :sawce: was completely tasteless.

Glad to hear corners are being turned!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Calvinball wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:21 pm

Glad to hear corners are being turned!
:howdy:
Thanks dude.