OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

wap wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:56 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:53 pm I listened to a podcast yesterday about a ancient civilization that abandoned their permanent settlements and decided to go back to hunter/gathering. At least that's their theory.

Food for thought
Which civilization was that?
Cahokian. Not a lot of solid information on what happened to them.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Ive been really thinking hard about getting another tattoo lately. I got 2 when I was 18 and none since. All of the sudden at 41 I want a full shoulder tattoo.

Long Covid? :lolol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

coogles wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:18 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:47 pm

Sorry man. It seems like the twins are pretty brutal. At least it should only get easier with time.
They're crazy. I don't know if it's because they're twins, girls, both, I don't know. But they're insane. My son was SO easy compared to them. It's also just that we have 3 kids in diapers, 3 kids who constantly need attention and to be entertained, to be policed to keep from hurting each other in some way. My wife and I are both feeling pretty beaten down by it. Some changes at work have me stressed out on the job front too. I've applied to three different roles here at the same company, first interview for one of them is tomorrow. I need a change of scenery so to speak. It's just sort of all feeling like it's been piled on at once. Blah.

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...
What kind of work do you do again? IT of some kind IIRC?
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:54 pm

They're crazy. I don't know if it's because they're twins, girls, both, I don't know. But they're insane. My son was SO easy compared to them. It's also just that we have 3 kids in diapers, 3 kids who constantly need attention and to be entertained, to be policed to keep from hurting each other in some way. My wife and I are both feeling pretty beaten down by it. Some changes at work have me stressed out on the job front too. I've applied to three different roles here at the same company, first interview for one of them is tomorrow. I need a change of scenery so to speak. It's just sort of all feeling like it's been piled on at once. Blah.

I'm a business analyst at a tech company on the implementation/services/consulting side. Finance & accounting background, but it's an operations gig that is sort of a blend of finance and ops.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:31 pm
wap wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:38 am I seem to have totally misplaced my give-a-fuck. Anybody see it?
Probably with mine.
:word:
:eeyore:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:47 pm

Sorry man. It seems like the twins are pretty brutal. At least it should only get easier with time.

Shit. You win. 5/7 would NOT trade places with you. :nope:
Good luck with the job sitch.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:04 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:54 pm

I'm a business analyst at a tech company on the implementation/services/consulting side. Finance & accounting background, but it's an operations gig that is sort of a blend of finance and ops.
Gotcha, I hope one of the changes works out! Sometimes fresh 'scenery' can be very helpful.
wap

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:46 pm
wap wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:56 pm

Which civilization was that?
:ohdang:
I've actually been to that ancient mound city. It's in Illinois, along the Mississippi River, near St. Louis. It's fascinating. In it's heyday it had a larger population than London had at that time.
Not my pics:
Now:
And then:

Pretty :mindblown: place.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:51 pm Ive been really thinking hard about getting another tattoo lately. I got 2 when I was 18 and none since. All of the sudden at 41 I want a full shoulder tattoo.

Long Covid? :lolol:
I have zero tattoos and certainly get the desire fairly regularly at 32 :iono:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

I get the desire as well. I’ll wait at least until I’m done hopping on bodybuilding stages before getting any. Would love to do full sleeves and some stuff on my chest.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:02 pm I get the desire as well. I’ll wait at least until I’m done hopping on bodybuilding stages before getting any. Would love to do full sleeves and some stuff on my chest.
They would look so badass with your :massles: :doe:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Burnout with kids are real. Can’t imagine Coogs’ life. But we are feeling that way with just one. She is an easy kid too, sleeps well and everything.

:thisisfine:

Best birth control ever.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Desertbreh

D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:11 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:50 pm

I going in tomorrow to finalize the deal on an accord 2.0t sport, also it haz 10 speed, not a cvt. I :nope: the passport. Also the car is either arriving to the dealer tomorrow or the next day.

And they come with 235 tires
:notbad:

The newer Accords are rather :nice:

Seems out of the blue :doe: , no endless thread/tire kicking?
Some people just lock and load.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

SAWCE wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:02 pm I get the desire as well. I’ll wait at least until I’m done hopping on bodybuilding stages before getting any. Would love to do full sleeves and some stuff on my chest.
Unpopular opinion: Tats that are visible outside the confines of a short sleeved shirt are a bad idea from a career perspective. Some companies explicitly say tats outside a certain zone are unprofessional (airlines) while others discriminate less obviously.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

I was in Durango, CO for the last 5 days. Perfect weather, cool mornings, 60 degree afternoons. Full fall foliage change of colors everywhere. Pretty outstanding restaurant scene, prices were EXCELLENT. Strongly considering renting a place in October there for two weeks of 2022. God's country. Short on $250K/year jobs :doe:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:09 pm I was in Durango, CO for the last 5 days. Perfect weather, cool mornings, 60 degree afternoons. Full fall foliage change of colors everywhere. Pretty outstanding restaurant scene, prices were EXCELLENT. Strongly considering renting a place in October there for two weeks of 2022. God's country. Short on $250K/year jobs :doe:
:fuckyeah:

My wife is going to our mountains here with some other chicks this weekend, kind of :jelly: of the full fall viewing. That said, I am a bit stoked on some solo time at the house, TBH.
Desertbreh

razr390 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:37 pm Burnout with kids are real. Can’t imagine Coogs’ life. But we are feeling that way with just one. She is an easy kid too, sleeps well and everything.

Best birth control ever.
Unload on FBM. It's not just cars that are fetching higher prices these days.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:35 pm
razr390 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:37 pm Burnout with kids are real. Can’t imagine Coogs’ life. But we are feeling that way with just one. She is an easy kid too, sleeps well and everything.

Best birth control ever.
Ruthless.
wap

Best birth control ever.
:notbad: :lolol:
Desertbreh

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:34 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:09 pm I was in Durango, CO for the last 5 days. Perfect weather, cool mornings, 60 degree afternoons. Full fall foliage change of colors everywhere. Pretty outstanding restaurant scene, prices were EXCELLENT. Strongly considering renting a place in October there for two weeks of 2022. God's country. Short on $250K/year jobs :doe:
:fuckyeah:

My wife is going to our mountains here with some other chicks this weekend, kind of :jelly: of the full fall viewing. That said, I am a bit stoked on some solo time at the house, TBH.
Yep, adios estrogen.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Best birth control ever.
Welcome to Arkansas, it's not just cars that are fetching higher prices these days.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Best birth control ever.
:notbad:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:07 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:46 pm

I've actually been to that ancient mound city. It's in Illinois, along the Mississippi River, near St. Louis. It's fascinating. In it's heyday it had a larger population than London had at that time.
Not my pics:
Now:
And then:

:ohdang: :amazing:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Detroit wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:46 am
wap wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:07 pm

Not my pics:
Now:
And then:

Right??

I believe we've discussed this place as a potential future road trip destination/stop for you, as it's near the Great River Road that follows the Mississippi River from its origin in Northern Minnesota down to Airboatlandia. We've done a couple different sections of this Scenic Byway and it's 5/7.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:18 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:46 am
Right??

I believe we've discussed this place as a potential future road trip destination/stop for you, as it's near the Great River Road that follows the Mississippi River from its origin in Northern Minnesota down to Airboatlandia. We've done a couple different sections of this Scenic Byway and it's 5/7.
Yep, we've discussed this route before, had no idea this was on it!