OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Mt olde "locus laboris" is on Strike. I don't know the detail but those guys have the highest pay and best benefits of any company I have ever seen. They also work an hour on and an hour off. This is not mandated, its just something that work force decided to do. However they do work a ridiculous number of hours. Their average gross is $120K/year. Stock up on cereal my brethren.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

RLWake wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:00 pm 5/7 would recommend xbox series x. I got lucky and found one at walmart.com. Only way to do it was their weird monthly payments plan thing that includes the console and gamepass but I'm not complaining :iono: .

I agree that a lot of new games don't interest me, :doe: . The only thing super new I play often these days is Apex Legends because that game is just crack. I also tried flight sim but I realized that I'm not patient enough for it. Definitely looking forward to Halo Infinite because I'm a giant Halo nerd.
:dat: I'm only looking forward for the forza horizon 5, that's when I'll probably grab my xbox series x.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

RLWake wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:00 pm 5/7 would recommend xbox series x. I got lucky and found one at walmart.com. Only way to do it was their weird monthly payments plan thing that includes the console and gamepass but I'm not complaining :iono: .

I agree that a lot of new games don't interest me, :doe: . The only thing super new I play often these days is Apex Legends because that game is just crack. I also tried flight sim but I realized that I'm not patient enough for it. Definitely looking forward to Halo Infinite because I'm a giant Halo nerd.
I now have a best buy card, and I pay monthly payments on whatever I buy from there, including my iphone 13 pro.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Irish wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:31 pm Mt olde "locus laboris" is on Strike. I don't know the detail but those guys have the highest pay and best benefits of any company I have ever seen. They also work an hour on and an hour off. This is not mandated, its just something that work force decided to do. However they do work a ridiculous number of hours. Their average gross is $120K/year. Stock up on cereal my brethren.
This is the first I'm hearing about this, had to google...

https://apnews.com/article/kelloggs-cer ... 63c3db6c33

I thought they were just being :baby: about losing some benefit or something, then read...
The plants have all continued to operate throughout the coronavirus pandemic, but Osborn said that for much of that time workers were putting in 12-hour shifts, seven days a week to keep up production while so many people were out because of the virus.
I don't care how much I make, :nope: on working every day of the week.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:43 pm
Irish wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:31 pm Mt olde "locus laboris" is on Strike. I don't know the detail but those guys have the highest pay and best benefits of any company I have ever seen. They also work an hour on and an hour off. This is not mandated, its just something that work force decided to do. However they do work a ridiculous number of hours. Their average gross is $120K/year. Stock up on cereal my brethren.

I thought they were just being :baby: about losing some benefit or something, then read...
The plants have all continued to operate throughout the coronavirus pandemic, but Osborn said that for much of that time workers were putting in 12-hour shifts, seven days a week to keep up production while so many people were out because of the virus.

:dat:

I am at a point where I would be satisfied with my current income (adjusted for inflation) indefinitely and don't have any interest in additional time, stress, or responsibility from my work.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Yea, fuuuuuck that. Good on them for striking in that case.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:09 pm

I am at a point where I would be satisfied with my current income (adjusted for inflation) indefinitely and don't have any interest in additional time, stress, or responsibility from my work.
Amen.

Though, I had my review last week and got a whole.......2.7% raise, so I'm not keeping up with inflation. :jalepenis:
We're supposed to be "taken care of" with bonuses at the end of the year. :idbu: :yeahok: :notsure: :csb:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:11 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:09 pm

Amen.

Though, I had my review last week and got a whole.......2.7% raise, so I'm not keeping up with inflation. :jalepenis:
We're supposed to be "taken care of" with bonuses at the end of the year. :idbu: :yeahok: :notsure: :csb:
:bruh:

No kidding, I feel like inflation is a solid 10%/year right now or something crazy. We are mitigating it by not buying anything and reducing going out a lot ( :tits: cut way down on nights out with her friends and I'm down on booze intake in general). But hotels, gas, bar/restaurant, rent, home prices, electronics, cars, sporting goods, any hobby stuff, you name it, all WAY up.

Fortunately I've done well with commission this year. I fear that I will get slammed with huge growth goals for 2022 and end up making less. That seems to be the way with the pay plan here, every other year is :troywax: It still works out to be pretty solid compensation overall, so whatever.
wap

D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:49 pm
wap wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:11 pm

Amen.

No kidding, I feel like inflation is a solid 10%/year right now or something crazy. We are mitigating it by not buying anything and reducing going out a lot ( :tits: cut way down on nights out with her friends and I'm down on booze intake in general). But hotels, gas, bar/restaurant, rent, home prices, electronics, cars, sporting goods, any hobby stuff, you name it, all WAY up.

Fortunately I've done well with commission this year. I fear that I will get slammed with huge growth goals for 2022 and end up making less. That seems to be the way with the pay plan here, every other year is :troywax: It still works out to be pretty solid compensation overall, so whatever.
:word:

You ain't kidding about inflation!

And we never got reimbursed for the 20% pay cut we were given for 6 or 7 months last year, so I'll never get that back.

Sucks about your growth expectations for next year. Honestly, this drive for constant, year-over-year growth isn't sustainable long term. :disgust:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:02 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:49 pm

:word:

You ain't kidding about inflation!

And we never got reimbursed for the 20% pay cut we were given for 6 or 7 months last year, so I'll never get that back.

Sucks about your growth expectations for next year. Honestly, this drive for constant, year-over-year growth isn't sustainable long term. :disgust:
It's what America is built on! But it really isn't sustainable, from an environmental standpoint particularly.... such greed :doe: , we are all guilty of wanting more and more (or most of use at least). Given my segment of the business and territory, I am OK with being expected to grow. It is just sort of :butwhy: that we get penalized the next year for doing really well. If I grow 25% YoY they will then set that as the expectation for the next year, I will then fall short, so the following year it will be tapered and I'll blow the quota out of the water. Rinse and repeat.

:ohwell:

We have a decent base salary so it's not too bad, just have to plan a bit.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:52 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:50 pm Racing sims are terrible if you ever look at the lap times of other people. I enjoyed the rally game as long as I never checked the internet leaderboards. The only way to be fast in those things is to dedicate your entire life to it. Fuuuck that, games are supposed to be fun.
Yea, the most fun is to ignore lap times from others IRL and just have fun wheel to wheel.

Forza Horizon was fun, and actually decently easy to just pick up. I should start playing that again.
New horizon coming out next month. Set in Mexico. Prepare the off road Baja trucks for human trafficking
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:37 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:52 pm
Yea, the most fun is to ignore lap times from others IRL and just have fun wheel to wheel.

Forza Horizon was fun, and actually decently easy to just pick up. I should start playing that again.
New horizon coming out next month. Set in Mexico. Prepare the off road Baja trucks for human trafficking
Would be fun, I'm not buying a new xBox :doe:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390

Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:43 am
razr390 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:37 pm

works on Xbone too
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:48 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:43 am
works on Xbone too
:ohdang:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Ugh, we had one one of those faucets where a hose extends right from the end with a sprayer. Well, the hose sprung a leak. Installed new faucet and shit is still leaky down there. Going to have to run to the Home Improvement store again and acquire some new couplers and shit... I would love to just knock it out but I have my pointless one hour 1:1 with my new manager this morning.

Is it the weekend yet? :lolol:
wap

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:57 am Ugh, we had one one of those faucets where a hose extends right from the end with a sprayer. Well, the hose sprung a leak. Installed new faucet and shit is still leaky down there. Going to have to run to the Home Improvement store again and acquire some new couplers and shit... I would love to just knock it out but I have my pointless one hour 1:1 with my new manager this morning.

Ugh. I hate plumbing :bs: . I usually manage to get shit fixed eventually, but it's a massive :rage: -inducing hassle to get there.

BUT, your issue may be as simple as a bad gasket in a coupler or not using enough teflon tape on the connections. Or possibly a leaky shut off valve, in which case I'd just replace both of them if one is leaking. "As long as you're in there..." :iono:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

JB Weld
razr390

Flex tape
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:57 am Ugh, we had one one of those faucets where a hose extends right from the end with a sprayer. Well, the hose sprung a leak. Installed new faucet and shit is still leaky down there. Going to have to run to the Home Improvement store again and acquire some new couplers and shit... I would love to just knock it out but I have my pointless one hour 1:1 with my new manager this morning.

My hoes is doing the same thing. I have a replacement Moen that I'm stoked about installing, it was a free replacement that didn't get used in our old :haus:

Hope the connections seal on the first go around.
razr390

Tarspin wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:34 am

My hoes is doing the same thing. I have a replacement Moen that I'm stoked about installing, it was a free replacement that didn't get used in our old :haus:

Hope the connections seal on the first go around.
Canadian autocorrect doe
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:22 am

Ugh. I hate plumbing :bs: . I usually manage to get shit fixed eventually, but it's a massive :rage: -inducing hassle to get there.

BUT, your issue may be as simple as a bad gasket in a coupler or not using enough teflon tape on the connections. Or possibly a leaky shut off valve, in which case I'd just replace both of them if one is leaking. "As long as you're in there..." :iono:

I am just going to pull all of the connectors/couplers out and buy new stuff I think.

wap

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:52 am
wap wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:22 am

I am just going to pull all of the connectors/couplers out and buy new stuff I think.

Not the worst idea, actually.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I just need to locate the shutoff valve for my house. Probably best to know where that is anyway.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:55 am I just need to locate the shutoff valve for my house. Probably best to know where that is anyway.
While yes, you should know where your main shutoff is, don't start hacking stuff off the plumbing under the sink trying to solve the problem.

First, get under there and wipe everything off really well

Then get a flashlight and watch WHERE and WHAT is leaking.

Like wap said, more than likely you've got a bad gasket or maybe not enough teflon tape around the main connection from the plumbing valve (assuming there is one since you already changed the faucet and don't know where the main shutoff is) to the faucet.

Kitchen faucets are the worst because they're usually tucked behind the sink and really difficult to get to. I've had cases where I had leaks because I just didn't tighten the faucet connections enough due to difficult access. Having a wide selection of channel locks, pipe wrenches, and the like helps a lot. I bought a bunch from HF years ago and they've been hugely helpful for plumbing.