OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:16 pm Fucking eh, I got word that everything was approved so I can actually close. Should get confirmation in the morning if we are still on for Monday.

I called in favors all the way up to SVPs who have the ear of the COO. Big orgs suck and this acquisition in a year or so will put me in the 15th largest bank in the country, but I’m well liked enough to get people to go out on a limb for me.

I broke out in tears when I heard the news everything was approved.
DUDE :fuckyeah: CONGRATS!

What a relief, you fucking deserved it man. Outstanding news. :fuckyeah:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Apex wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:16 pm Fucking eh, I got word that everything was approved so I can actually close. Should get confirmation in the morning if we are still on for Monday.

I called in favors all the way up to SVPs who have the ear of the COO. Big orgs suck and this acquisition in a year or so will put me in the 15th largest bank in the country, but I’m well liked enough to get people to go out on a limb for me.

Yas! Talk about a character builder, you did great!👍🏼
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:10 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:58 pm
Maybe, but you and I are facing somewhat similar dilemmas in the big vs smaller company debate. It's worth considering a bit more before :nope:

Think about why you started applying in the first place. Are there certain elements that made you want to leave that changed? If so, are those changes temporary? I wouldn't focus so much on compensation, but more on development and the opportunity to find somewhere you truly enjoy. This place has been a bit of a rollercoaster for you, :notsure: it's worth spending major time at. Harmon is a big company that could provide a lot more development opportunity.

My focus is almost entirely on culture this go round.
Yeah, the thing is... I think I'm mostly excited about Harman due to the fact that they have a Pro Audio Division, which I would much rather do... but this role isn't in it. Upon further research, it also seems like their Pro division is kind of dying/not a market leader. :iono: It seems maybe not worth it to hope that it will lead to something in the Pro division later on.

It is also a big corp and I have reservations about that. My previous company was 125 people worldwide, current is 1500 people. I honestly enjoyed the smaller company more, corp. stuff is sort of :rolleyes:

I really just need to stop giving a shit and try to be happy as a cog.
Corp stuff fucking blows dude. Because it's not just getting the job done, it's dealing with politics and layers of worthless mgmt that only exist to create bullshit. I'd really think twice about taking a gig with a big corp, it would need to be an ideal role with an ideal mgmt group that I could see myself doing well in. At least, that's how I'm viewing GM right now. I'm not even nervous for my 3 hours of interviews and presentations tomorrow because I'm interviewing them more than them interviewing me. Hard part is turning down a good offer.

And being a cog fucking blows. I couldn't do it, some people just can't. That's OK.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:24 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:10 pm

Yeah, the thing is... I think I'm mostly excited about Harman due to the fact that they have a Pro Audio Division, which I would much rather do... but this role isn't in it. Upon further research, it also seems like their Pro division is kind of dying/not a market leader. :iono: It seems maybe not worth it to hope that it will lead to something in the Pro division later on.

It is also a big corp and I have reservations about that. My previous company was 125 people worldwide, current is 1500 people. I honestly enjoyed the smaller company more, corp. stuff is sort of :rolleyes:

I really just need to stop giving a shit and try to be happy as a cog.
Corp stuff fucking blows dude. Because it's not just getting the job done, it's dealing with politics and layers of worthless mgmt that only exist to create bullshit. I'd really think twice about taking a gig with a big corp, it would need to be an ideal role with an ideal mgmt group that I could see myself doing well in. At least, that's how I'm viewing GM right now. I'm not even nervous for my 3 hours of interviews and presentations tomorrow because I'm interviewing them more than them interviewing me. Hard part is turning down a good offer.

And being a cog fucking blows. I couldn't do it, some people just can't. That's OK.
Yep, at every stage these guys have warned me/asked about how I would :dealwithit: the corporate/political :bs:

They are pretty upfront about it all, which is cool. The direct bossbro guy seems 5/7 and would be really chill to work with. His bossbro seems like a good dude as well. I am leaning towards it not being worth the risk. I think I would enjoy the job a bit more and would love to just do something different, I've been in this job for three years doing the exact same shit and have been bored since day one. That said, for what seems at best a lateral move to a corp. giant... :notsure:

I am well respected at my current place and certainly have a future there. It's the evil I know but other than hating what I actually do, it's a great company from a culture/people/pay/beneshits standpoint.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:35 pm

Yep, at every stage these guys have warned me/asked about how I would :dealwithit: the corporate/political :bs:

They are pretty upfront about it all, which is cool. The direct bossbro guy seems 5/7 and would be really chill to work with. His bossbro seems like a good dude as well. I am leaning towards it not being worth the risk. I think I would enjoy the job a bit more and would love to just do something different, I've been in this job for three years doing the exact same shit and have been bored since day one. That said, for what seems at best a lateral move to a corp. giant... :notsure:

I am well respected at my current place and certainly have a future there. It's the evil I know but other than hating what I actually do, it's a great company from a culture/people/pay/beneshits standpoint.
I'm clearly a :pussy: , but I didn't really like what I did for 24 years at my company but stayed here mostly because the culture/people were/are 5/7, and the pay and beneshits are solid. It was only 4.5 years ago when I pushed for my current position to be created that I finally started to like what I did. Point being, culture and coworkers count for a LOT for job happiness and fulfillment.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

Jobs can change, but culture/people DO NOT. I think this is the most valuable aspect to focus on. Keep working with your direct mgmt to find a job that you enjoy more, I believe this is the best way forward for you.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Yea, Dan, is there any way you can look at internal openings within your company?
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:45 pm Yea, Dan, is there any way you can look at internal openings within your company?
I look at them constantly... It is more like I like the people/culture of my current team (and some of the others). :iono: this place has changed a lot, 5X the number of employees from when I started three years ago, for example. It's certainly more corporate now but still retains some of the small company beneshits.

My old boss who is now above my new boss still tells me they are creating these spots that are more up my alley, so we will see. It's just that after I was already passed up for it despite the promises, I'm all :idbu: until it happens.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:40 pm

I'm clearly a :pussy: , but I didn't really like what I did for 24 years at my company but stayed here mostly because the culture/people were/are 5/7, and the pay and beneshits are solid. It was only 4.5 years ago when I pushed for my current position to be created that I finally started to like what I did. Point being, culture and coworkers count for a LOT for job happiness and fulfillment.
It is a valid position for sure. :iono: it ultimately comes down to what one values most (money, time, relationships, pride in their work, enjoyment, etc). My previous job was less than half the pay, way more hours/less flexiblity, and way more challenging but I was much happier there than I am here, so that s worth remembering.

I am also riddled with grass is always greener syndrome. Sitting at home all day every day I just think to much about how things could be different and get overly focused on it versus being :thisisfine:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Thanks homies! Appreciate the ability to vent my woes of the day here. :wub:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Great news !
wap

Apex wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:46 pm Thanks homies! Appreciate the ability to vent my woes of the day here. :wub:
We gotchu, :mahman:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:46 pm Thanks homies! Appreciate the ability to vent my woes of the day here. :wub:
That is one of the main reasons this place exists, we all gotta vent :mahman:
wap

D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:40 pm
That is one of the main reasons this place exists, we all gotta vent :mahman:
:dat:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

That's great man. This has really been a struggle!
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:17 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:12 pm

No kukunamou for constantinopoli
:lol:
Speaking of Greece. They just let cars going into the borders for those who aren't EU citizens from Turkey. My family and I almost booked a flight, cause Greece only allowed for anyone coming with a US passport for flight only, until this morning. Also for flights, the PCR test required to come 5 hours early upon departure.

Booked one night for Alexandropoli as we're leaving Istanbul sunday night, which is a 3 hour drive. 2 nights in Thessaloniki and 2 nights in Athens. :excited:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

Dang. I never realized this was the place to be on the forum. By far the most active.
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:36 am
wap wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:17 pm

:lol:
Speaking of Greece. They just let cars going into the borders for those who aren't EU citizens from Turkey. My family and I almost booked a flight, cause Greece only allowed for anyone coming with a US passport for flight only, until this morning. Also for flights, the PCR test required to come 5 hours early upon departure.

Booked one night for Alexandropoli as we're leaving Istanbul sunday night, which is a 3 hour drive. 2 nights in Thessaloniki and 2 nights in Athens. :excited:
:neat:
I've always wanted to go to Thessaloniki. I've never been north of the Meteora/Trikala/Kalambaka area.

Have you been following the wildfires there, :doe: ? They are fighting more than 116 fires across the country amid their epic heat wave. It was 115F in Athens the other day, the highest temp in all of the European continent. :thisisfine: :(
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Dermatology appointment this afternoon. If they offer the vaccine I’ll probably say fuck it and finally get the first jab.
wap

MrH42 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:37 am Dang. I never realized this was the place to be on the forum. By far the most active.
:bruh:
:whalecum: to OT. Pepper your angus for shenanigans. At least, there used to be shenanigans....
wap

SAWCE wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:08 am Dermatology appointment this afternoon. If they offer the vaccine I’ll probably say fuck it and finally get the first jab.
:doit: dude!
And good luck with the appointment.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

wap wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:09 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:08 am Dermatology appointment this afternoon. If they offer the vaccine I’ll probably say fuck it and finally get the first jab.
Thanks man. Last year when I went in they took off a few chunks to biopsy. Hopefully this time she doesn’t even see anything that concerns her enough to take it off and send it to the lab.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:47 am
wap wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:09 am

Thanks man. Last year when I went in they took off a few chunks to biopsy. Hopefully this time she doesn’t even see anything that concerns her enough to take it off and send it to the lab.
Fingers crossed...
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MrH42 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:37 am Dang. I never realized this was the place to be on the forum. By far the most active.
This place was after all formed to be a forum about nothing :lolol:

:whalecum:

Please start discussions about whatever you'd like to talk about or nothing at all!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Godspeed, :mahman: