OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:39 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:23 pm

Did they disclose that they can't legally sell the house because it is not permitted? If no then there is the suit.
The sellers disclosure just has n/a or unknown across most items. They took all of 30 seconds to fill that thing out. House has sold apparently twice between when they are saying the permit should have been filed and now.

It looks like the sellers did the basement because they redid the oil tank and relocated that. But we have no proof that they did the basement.

It’s my useless word against theirs and theirs carries far more weight being the sellers.
So what are the next steps then ? Who is paying for the permit and what is the new date? I am still missing how this is falling on you.

If they are trying to sell an illegal structure you’re more than entitled to get your money back. Thats not on you to prove. No way would I let that 10k go. Also make sure you have everything in writing
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Irish wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:27 pm @Apex

I wouldn't rely on the basic attorney review (done as a matter of course in real estate sales) in this situ.

They are in breach.... talk to a few attorneys about this specific situation. At the very least you can probably get one to write a strong letter threatening legal action in order to light a fire under their unpermitted asses.
This wasn’t just the initial attorney review, this has been multiple partners reviewing the contract and applicable addendums to see what options we could have. We don’t have anything.
Apex

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:41 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:39 pm

The sellers disclosure just has n/a or unknown across most items. They took all of 30 seconds to fill that thing out. House has sold apparently twice between when they are saying the permit should have been filed and now.

It looks like the sellers did the basement because they redid the oil tank and relocated that. But we have no proof that they did the basement.

It’s my useless word against theirs and theirs carries far more weight being the sellers.
So what are the next steps then ? Who is paying for the permit and what is the new date? I am still missing how this is falling on you.

If they are trying to sell an illegal structure you’re more than entitled to get your money back. Thats not on you to prove. No way would I let that 10k go. Also make sure you have everything in writing
Sellers are getting the permits from the town. It took us calling the town directly to explain the urgency we have to finally get them off their ass and start doing something.

We have no new date. It’s just out in limbo.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:38 pm
Irish wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:27 pm @Apex

I wouldn't rely on the basic attorney review (done as a matter of course in real estate sales) in this situ.

They are in breach.... talk to a few attorneys about this specific situation. At the very least you can probably get one to write a strong letter threatening legal action in order to light a fire under their unpermitted asses.
Dat. Resident Desert want to chime in at all? Willing to help a DFD brotha out? At least tell him what his options realistically are?

Imo id the sellers are saying the owners before them installed the basement, then there is NO WAY that they would’ve been able to buy the house… it is would’ve been the issue it is for you with them instead.

I 10000000% agree to get a completely uninvolved attorney’s opinion on this. You do have basis to sue for breach, and a letter threatening that will definitely light a fire under the sellers ass to fix shit quickly. Otherwise, they’d be on the hook for two mortgages.
He already has a lawyer that is licensed to practice in New Jersey. Based on my observations of this transaction so far, I would say there is fair measure of difference between residential home purchase law in NJ and many other places, including California. Lots of back seat drivers here with lots of experience in the law....IN OTHER STATES. Standard realtor forms in NJ and disclosure requirements may be epically different than......anywhere. There is not a single backseater here who has read a single page of the contracts and disclosures involved in this transaction.

Apex, do you think your attorney is doing right by you here? What everyone is up in arms about is that these folks failed to disclose a material condition, e.g. an unpermitted basement reno, that they.....performed? Which is something they should have disclosed, which, in most states, would get you your EM back.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Irish wrote:
D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:18 pm :nice: the vocals sound good, however the guitar playing there is truly great, nice job dude! Glad to see you getting out there and playing.
:dat: Singing was good....guitar kicks ass!

:impressive:
Thanks dudes, it's only taken over 15 years of practice to get there but I'm still slowly improving. Hopefully in another 5 I'll be able to hang with some pros. MD levels of work to achieve McD's level of income. :derp: :math:
Apex

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:51 pm Apex, do you think your attorney is doing right by you here? What everyone is up in arms about is that these folks failed to disclose a material condition, e.g. an unpermitted basement reno, that they.....performed? Which is something they should have disclosed, which, in most states, would get you your EM back.
I don’t have any issues with our attorney and the work they have done for us. The sellers being utter morons and not properly disclosing their home is what it is.
Based on NJ law, we don’t have anything to do since they are actively working on rectifying the issue. We don’t have any time frames on when that will be.

We sit and wait, our rate lock expires on the 13th, and we get penalized if we re-lock, again. Not to mention having to get an entirely new storage unit since our large unit ends on the 16th.
Desertbreh

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:13 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:51 pm Apex, do you think your attorney is doing right by you here? What everyone is up in arms about is that these folks failed to disclose a material condition, e.g. an unpermitted basement reno, that they.....performed? Which is something they should have disclosed, which, in most states, would get you your EM back.
I don’t have any issues with our attorney and the work they have done for us. The sellers being utter morons and not properly disclosing their home is what it is.
Based on NJ law, we don’t have anything to do since they are actively working on rectifying the issue. We don’t have any time frames on when that will be.

We sit and wait, our rate lock expires on the 13th, and we get penalized if we re-lock, again. Not to mention having to get an entirely new storage unit since our large unit ends on the 16th.
Rates seem to be going down, if anything. I'm sure it's bullshit but some asshats are advertising 1.99% on a 30 on the morning TV.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:30 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:13 pm

Rates seem to be going down, if anything. I'm sure it's bullshit but some asshats are advertising 1.99% on a 30 on the morning TV.
That’s stupid low and probably for like a 60% LTV.

I’m sitting at 2.75% right now.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Anybody do any gardening? Coworker gave me a bell pepper plant that she started from a seed out of a bell pepper she grew. Pretty stoked. I eat a lot of bell peppers so will be cool to grow my own.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:50 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:30 pm

That’s stupid low and probably for like a 60% LTV.

I’m sitting at 2.75% right now.
You might get another tenth off, I've got 2.65 from December when it was "record lows" and I had to put 25% down to get it. 2.75 is damned :impressive:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

CT is gone, good riddance. last day of work Friday. I have interviews lined up surrounding my exit interview tomorrow, will be weird :aintcare: fuck that place.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:55 pm Anybody do any gardening? Coworker gave me a bell pepper plant that she started from a seed out of a bell pepper she grew. Pretty stoked. I eat a lot of bell peppers so will be cool to grow my own.
I am 2 months into my Japeno... and it's still not even here.. watered it every day blah blah blah
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:57 pm CT is gone, good riddance. last day of work Friday. I have interviews lined up surrounding my exit interview tomorrow, will be weird :aintcare: fuck that place.
Are you still "going in" i.e working from home? Or did you fully :gtfo: and are just counting down the hrs.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:25 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:57 pm CT is gone, good riddance. last day of work Friday. I have interviews lined up surrounding my exit interview tomorrow, will be weird :aintcare: fuck that place.
Are you still "going in" i.e working from home? Or did you fully :gtfo: and are just counting down the hrs.
I'm a cuck that can't just :gtfo: and abandon what good people are there. I'm ignoring most, but if someone good reaches out for something, I assist. I've also been working on way too much transition documentation, because I just can't turn off.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:28 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:25 pm

I'm a cuck that can't just :gtfo: and abandon what good people are there. I'm ignoring most, but if someone good reaches out for something, I assist. I've also been working on way too much transition documentation, because I just can't turn off.
Hope you get some time off between the jobs breh. Don't jump into anything too fast.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:51 pm
razr390 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:38 pm

Dat. Resident Desert want to chime in at all? Willing to help a DFD brotha out? At least tell him what his options realistically are?

Imo id the sellers are saying the owners before them installed the basement, then there is NO WAY that they would’ve been able to buy the house… it is would’ve been the issue it is for you with them instead.

I 10000000% agree to get a completely uninvolved attorney’s opinion on this. You do have basis to sue for breach, and a letter threatening that will definitely light a fire under the sellers ass to fix shit quickly. Otherwise, they’d be on the hook for two mortgages.
He already has a lawyer that is licensed to practice in New Jersey. Based on my observations of this transaction so far, I would say there is fair measure of difference between residential home purchase law in NJ and many other places, including California. Lots of back seat drivers here with lots of experience in the law....IN OTHER STATES. Standard realtor forms in NJ and disclosure requirements may be epically different than......anywhere. There is not a single backseater here who has read a single page of the contracts and disclosures involved in this transaction.

Apex, do you think your attorney is doing right by you here? What everyone is up in arms about is that these folks failed to disclose a material condition, e.g. an unpermitted basement reno, that they.....performed? Which is something they should have disclosed, which, in most states, would get you your EM back.
:dat:

Laws clearly written by Pikeys squabbling over trailers and dawgs.

SAWCE

I knew you were turning in the CT, but didn't realize you were leaving the company. They want you back in the office full time or what? Have a new gig lined up already?
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:24 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:55 pm Anybody do any gardening? Coworker gave me a bell pepper plant that she started from a seed out of a bell pepper she grew. Pretty stoked. I eat a lot of bell peppers so will be cool to grow my own.
I am 2 months into my Japeno... and it's still not even here.. watered it every day blah blah blah
This one already has a few flowers that have budded into little bebe peppers, so hopeful that they'll grow big and stronk like dad after I get it in some soil/fertilizer.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:53 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:28 pm
Hope you get some time off between the jobs breh. Don't jump into anything too fast.
I'm going to be very picky with the next job, which is looking possible. I was seriously hoping to not work through the end of the year and do some travelling (through October at a minimum), but again being a cuck I'll probably end up taking a job in a few weeks. I'm looking at a few opportunities that would be decent raises from where I was and it'll be tough to pass that up if the job/company is what I want (not a car company). But I'm in rounds for multiple positions at GM now, so I'll probably end up back there. :rolleyes:
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:16 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:24 pm

This one already has a few flowers that have budded into little bebe peppers, so hopeful that they'll grow big and stronk like dad after I get it in some soil/fertilizer.
We've got tomatoes, jalapenos, an eggplant, and some other random peppers and herbs. Water and sunlight, not rocket science. Well draining soil like sand helps, as does fertilizer. Coffee grounds and ash (like from a fire pit or something) work great as natural fertilizers. So do egg shells.

Shoot any questions.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:14 pm
I knew you were turning in the CT, but didn't realize you were leaving the company. They want you back in the office full time or what? Have a new gig lined up already?
I went into it a bit in a car thread I think. But I decided to quit my job in June after the work and my boss got intolerable. My job prospects are strong, so I did the most professional rage quit possible after getting screamed at by my boss a few weeks ago. I have a year's worth of living expenses saved, so I want to take some time off to reset, travel, read, do some soul searching. I've never not worked, so no idea how long I'll last of job offers start rolling in.
Desertbreh

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:15 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:53 pm

I'm going to be very picky with the next job, which is looking possible. I was seriously hoping to not work through the end of the year and do some travelling (through October at a minimum), but again being a cuck I'll probably end up taking a job in a few weeks. I'm looking at a few opportunities that would be decent raises from where I was and it'll be tough to pass that up if the job/company is what I want (not a car company). But I'm in rounds for multiple positions at GM now, so I'll probably end up back there. :rolleyes:
Look man. Here's what we DO know. You're not working in the month of August, right? At the very least. All I want to hear from you during the next 30 days is how you are relaxing, exercising, crushing beers, smoking ganja, burning boat gas, and doing Italian porn shoots.

Kthxbra.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:25 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:15 pm
Look man. Here's what we DO know. You're not working in the month of August, right? At the very least. All I want to hear from you during the next 30 days is how you are relaxing, exercising, crushing beers, smoking ganja, burning boat gas, and doing Italian porn shoots.

Kthxbra.
Yea, I'm not accepting a job offer with a start date before 9/1. I'm going clean, but otherwise that's the plan. I need to do some boring house shit too (new water heater and plumbing for it), but it'll be a lot of hiking, biking, boating, exploring.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:fuckyeah: Congrats man!

I had a third interview at Harman today. It went pretty well and I think the role sounds appealing but the pay will likely be meh as discussed a few weeks ago. I guess time will tell.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:36 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:25 pm

Kthxbra.
Yea, I'm not accepting a job offer with a start date before 9/1. I'm going clean, but otherwise that's the plan. I need to do some boring house shit too (new water heater and plumbing for it), but it'll be a lot of hiking, biking, boating, exploring.
:nice: