OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:57 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:32 am
It does! Largest middle eastern population in the country, apparently they don't leave metro Detroit.

Whenever we visit friends/family downstate, we always get middle eastern food. Something to look forward to at least.
We do the same when we visit friends in Trenton. :drool:
And you drive right by Dearborn on the way.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

Melon wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:43 am Looking for a decent hard cooler, nothing too big. I want to bring some food on trips, but mostly use for ice drink at Autocross events.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/igloo- ... blue-25-qt

This isn't ridiculously priced, but it's probably a tad too small.

Any input?
https://elitecooler.com/collections/har ... ite-cooler

I own this and it is a rock star.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:52 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:51 am Also, today is the final day for the pre-lim rounds. Please keep those free daily votes coming in today. 2 for $1 votes today too if anyone wants to contribute money to both Home for Wounded Warriors and give me some extra votes.

https://featured.muscleandfitness.com/2021/brandon-al
done!
Thank you Sir!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:41 am
Tarspin wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:10 am

We'd be in an open relationship right away, I'd start training mine to bring women home. :fuckyeah:
Wife and I have talked about the possibility of adding a random third that she picks out. Probably won't happen because we're not really bored with eachother...yet?

I just can't imagine being an adult and dealing with jealousy from my spouse. Ultimate :nope: for me. She can do what she wants, I do what I want, we're committed to each other and there's no doubt in that. Sex with someone else (without the other person :hubba: ) is out of the question for both of us. It's a matter of trust and respect.
Yeah we share the same viewpoint on our relationship, lately it's changed a little with her newfound insecurity but I know it will pass. We are on the same page, and I'm not sure that we are willing to add extra fuck friends and risk what we have. Ignorance is bliss? Who knows, but things are okay so why take the risk is my take on it.

We had friends over who hinted that it might be interesting to swap wives in a group thing, but it was subtle, and the dude and I had a side convo first (initiated by him). Both of them were on board if it was okay with us (a trusted couple, good friends, and obviously clean/free of HIVs etc). None of us have ever tried this so the conversation to figure out where we all stand was a slow roll out. I mentioned that I'd bring it up in a fun and open ended convo upon our when we were all together, and when I did his wife was responding in a reserved way to see what Nicole would say, and ultimately mine was :nope: , so we continued our evening without group :dock: and remain close friends.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:57 am
Melon wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:43 am Looking for a decent hard cooler, nothing too big. I want to bring some food on trips, but mostly use for ice drink at Autocross events.

Any input?
If you're just using it to bring some beverages and snacks for a day or two, I'd suggest considering a soft side cooler. I find them easier to pack, easier to carry, and just as effective at keeping drinks and food cold for a day or two. Hard sided coolers work better for larger items and longer cooling (more than 2 days), but they can be a PITA to pack because their size is fixed.

We bought into the Yeti stuff. Yea, most of it is branding, but the products work. We have a 45 hardside cooler and a Hopper soft side. We use the hopper way more because of its ease of packing and carrying ability, and ability to keep drinks cold (and a lot of them if needed).

Maybe something along these lines?
https://rticoutdoors.com/Soft-Pack-Cool ... SqEALw_wcB
I have soft coolers, I'm looking for a hard cooler specifically.

I have that RTIC one (Or maybe the Ex took it) It's legit.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:07 am
wap wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:59 am

:lolol:
I bet you do a good job washing his Demon for him, too.
If I don't do a good job, he makes me rewash it wearing a white t-shirt and booty shorts and he sprays me with the hose the entire time while laughing hysterically.
:amaze:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:10 am

Any input?

Oh dang!

The YETI is the benchmark, but @ $200, that's a tough pill to swallow.
This is still a chonk of stonk, but it's more manageable.

I think I'll swing by a store and take a look for myself.

Thanks for the suggestions!
wap

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:07 am
wap wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:57 am
We do the same when we visit friends in Trenton. :drool:
And you drive right by Dearborn on the way.
Yup. We've gone into Dearborn with them to eat at a 5/7 Mideastern place.
wap

Re coolers, has anyone tried the kind that you can plug into a car cigarette lighter? Are they legit or :notsure: ?
Apex
Drives: Abominable

wap wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:41 am Re coolers, has anyone tried the kind that you can plug into a car cigarette lighter? Are they legit or :notsure: ?
FIL has had one for ages. It works well for keeping groceries cold when they go an hour+ away. It’s not nearly the same as say a Dometic/ARB etc. fridge. :iono:
wap

Apex wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:45 am
wap wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:41 am Re coolers, has anyone tried the kind that you can plug into a car cigarette lighter? Are they legit or :notsure: ?
FIL has had one for ages. It works well for keeping groceries cold when they go an hour+ away. It’s not nearly the same as say a Dometic/ARB etc. fridge. :iono:
Yea, that's what I heard. They only claim to keep temps so many degrees below ambient. Not really the same as "cold".
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:36 am

Oh dang!

https://www.costco.com/otterbox-venture ... 64430.html

Might be a better and cheaper option?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Dang, that's not bad either, too bad I don't CostCo.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:52 am
Apex wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:45 am

Yea, that's what I heard. They only claim to keep temps so many degrees below ambient. Not really the same as "cold".
Any 12v cooler that cools to cold will need more power than the cigarette lighter can provide. And even then, 12v fridge/coolers are pretty crappy.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:53 am Dang, that's not bad either, too bad I don't CostCo.
Like Brandon, I'd be happy to order one for you and ship it to your house, just venmo me.

Just something to keep in mind as you shop.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:52 am

Oh dang!

I took a $59.95 Coleman to Death Valley and it was fine. The most annoying this is draining the cold water after it melts. I don’t really get the whole 120lb $499 fridge thing. It’s nice but this isn’t a moon expedition.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:55 am
Melon wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:53 am Dang, that's not bad either, too bad I don't CostCo.
Like Brandon, I'd be happy to order one for you and ship it to your house, just venmo me.

Just something to keep in mind as you shop.
Pretty sure the pricing on the website includes shipping too. It's generally a pretty solid deal on there.
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:57 am

I took a $59.95 Coleman to Death Valley and it was fine. The most annoying this is draining the cold water after it melts. I don’t really get the whole 120lb $499 fridge thing. It’s nice but this isn’t a moon expedition.
I use a Coleman myself. Works well. I load it up with my needed food for however long I'll be up visiting my parents so I don't have to spend time cooking at their place.
Desertbreh

Oh dang!

The YETI performed a bit better on iceholding in at least one test I saw but this thing is built like a tank, and pulls double duty as a stool or a coffee table.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

My Yeti 45 will keep ice as ice for days regardless of outside temp. That's the difference. We drove 30 hours straight to and through Vegas in 95 degree heat in April and the fucker still had ice 2 days later.

That said, we were gone for a week and a half and by day 5, the ice was water. We forgot to put more ice in, and some meat spoiled. Gave us food poisoning after we ate it like :derp: I could see if doing week+ long trips frequently that a fridge would be worth it. Buying and draining ice all the time gets old and also easy to forget.
wap

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:54 am
wap wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:52 am

Any 12v cooler that cools to cold will need more power than the cigarette lighter can provide. And even then, 12v fridge/coolers are pretty crappy.
Makes sense. Thanks.
wap

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:20 pm

My Yeti 45 will keep ice as ice for days regardless of outside temp. That's the difference. We drove 30 hours straight to and through Vegas in 95 degree heat in April and the fucker still had ice 2 days later.

That said, we were gone for a week and a half and by day 5, the ice was water. We forgot to put more ice in, and some meat spoiled. Gave us food poisoning after we ate it like :derp: I could see if doing week+ long trips frequently that a fridge would be worth it. Buying and draining ice all the time gets old and also easy to forget.
:dat: is what I'm trying to avoid. On our recent 11 day road trip we had to do that err' day and it really sucked. Only 1 of our 10 hotels had a freezer in the little fridge in the room. That was the only day we didn't have to go to the pestilence-ridden ice machine down the hall as we just froze our ice packs over night.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I need something to use for drinks and food while at events, and for transporting frozen meats across the country.
Desertbreh

I agree that for most applications "ordinary" coolers are muy bueno. I did just spring for a $400 YETI 45 with wheels

1. To join the YETI Bukkake party and see what the fuss was about but mostly
2. Because the retracting handle on my Igloo was a POS from day 1 and by now retracts only 35% of the time unless you say 15 Hail Marys.
The handle setup and wheels on the YETI are bulletproof as they should be.
3. To be cool AF.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:26 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:20 pm

:dat: is what I'm trying to avoid. On our recent 11 day road trip we had to do that err' day and it really sucked. Only 1 of our 10 hotels had a freezer in the little fridge in the room. That was the only day we didn't have to go to the pestilence-ridden ice machine down the hall as we just froze our ice packs over night.
If you put frozen ice packs in a 12v cooler, it would probably keep it cold for a good long while without adding to it. That might be a decent way to go.

To change ice in our cooler, I'd just run into a gas station and grab a bag when filling up. Those hotel ice machines were :disgust: pretty much everywhere. Problem was, I'd forget and food can spoil quickly if you let it go.