Shopping in the worst car market ever...Summer 21 Plac Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Speaking of cucking…

My buddy who I helped buy a 2016 ram eco diesel is selling it for 33k… and getting a 2021 Nissan lead sv + which runs about 3k down and 300 a month.

Both are good :dill: s IMO.

Eppppiiccccc 21 really is the year of the cuck
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:16 pm Speaking of cucking…

My buddy who I helped buy a 2016 ram eco diesel is selling it for 33k… and getting a 2021 Nissan lead sv + which runs about 3k down and 300 a month.

:jesus:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Ecodiesel :gag:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Isn't that dude a contractor?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:32 am

Yep he decided to fully :doomed: everything and rent shit from Home Depot when he needs it.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:10 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:32 am
Yep he decided to fully :doomed: everything and rent shit from Home Depot when he needs it.
He's a contractor but doesn't need contractor stuff daily? :impressive:

I've thought about doing the same. The CTrek does everything we want, when I need to tow the boat, I could just rent an HD truck.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:15 am
max225 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:10 am
He's a contractor but doesn't need contractor stuff daily? :impressive:

I've thought about doing the same. The CTrek does everything we want, when I need to tow the boat, I could just rent an HD truck.
He does … but there are ways around it. For example HD drop ships shit for $60 same day. His time per himself is worth more to go pick shit up.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I could see that getting old fast for a contractor. I usually see these guys dragging token tools/equipment everywhere they go just in case. Not having ALL my stuff causes me anxiety, which in my case fits in the trunk thankfully. Does your buddy do most of his own work, or is he the boss?

As a non-contractor, renting a van makes a lot of sense, no tags or insurance alone is a couple of grand/year. We bought a lot of my neighbor's furniture now that she's moving out. I need to get a whole living room set to the rental spot, and the truck will be $99/unlimited kms. I probably won't need one again for the rest of the year. Having a truck or a van would make me consider making two trips to justify it's existence. Sure I'd pair them with actual time up there, but there's no way to quantify it's existence financially.
max225

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:43 am I could see that getting old fast for a contractor. I usually see these guys dragging token tools/equipment everywhere they go just in case. Not having ALL my stuff causes me anxiety, which in my case fits in the trunk thankfully. Does your buddy do most of his own work, or is he the boss?

As a non-contractor, renting a van makes a lot of sense, no tags or insurance alone is a couple of grand/year. We bought a lot of my neighbor's furniture now that she's moving out. I need to get a whole living room set to the rental spot, and the truck will be $99/unlimited kms. I probably won't need one again for the rest of the year. Having a truck or a van would make me consider making two trips to justify it's existence. Sure I'd pair them with actual time up there, but there's no way to quantify it's existence financially.
He is the boss/cuck.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:46 am
Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:43 am I could see that getting old fast for a contractor. I usually see these guys dragging token tools/equipment everywhere they go just in case. Not having ALL my stuff causes me anxiety, which in my case fits in the trunk thankfully. Does your buddy do most of his own work, or is he the boss?

He is the boss/cuck.
So a Leaf, eh?! LOL
I have so many questions about this decision, but I think it's better use of time to try and predict how long he'll accept this means of transportation. I'm going to wager 6 to 8 months.
max225

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:52 am

He is the boss/cuck.
So a Leaf, eh?! LOL
I have so many questions about this decision, but I think it's better use of time to try and predict how long he'll accept this means of transportation. I'm going to wager 6 to 8 months.
He has a cybercuck on order … but who knows really… he won’t be buying a new truck anytime soon for sure. He is pretty much anti :plac: . The leaf is a lease for a reason .. he is trying to maximize value for his truck and not have it implode on him. Which imo is smart.

I’d say maybe 1 year until the 15/20k on the hood come back. But he is really keen on going electric
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:54 am
Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:52 am

So a Leaf, eh?! LOL
He has a cybercuck on order … but who knows really… he won’t be buying a new truck anytime soon for sure. He is pretty much anti :plac: . The leaf is a lease for a reason .. he is trying to maximize value for his truck and not have it implode on him. Which imo is smart.

I’d say maybe 1 year until the 15/20k on the hood come back. But he is really keen on going electric
Gotcha. I'm hoping that electric is successful and actually beneficial environmentally, financially and practically. I'm half in, half out on the idea, but I'd probably be more interested if my day included a bunch of inter-city stop and go type driving.
max225

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:08 am
max225 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:54 am

Gotcha. I'm hoping that electric is successful and actually beneficial environmentally, financially and practically. I'm half in, half out on the idea, but I'd probably be more interested if my day included a bunch of inter-city stop and go type driving.
The main issue is still long road trips. There is no easy and quick way to charge batteries, Tesla got it the closest... but even that takes 30 min every 200 miles. So as long as you're ok with a 30 min break every 3 hrs you're good.
ChrisoftheNorth

He is the boss/cuck.
Yea, so he can make a minion get last minute supplies or whatever is needed. He's just driving around giving quotes and checking on jobs. Our contractor has a brand new F-150 King Ranch. The bed looks brand new. I called him out on it and he said he got to be the boss so he "doesn't have to do grunt shit". I asked him why he bought a truck and he responded "because I'm not gay". :lolol: He drives ALL OVER, an EV would make more sense for him IMO.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:59 am
Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:08 am

The main issue is still long road trips. There is no easy and quick way to charge batteries, Tesla got it the closest... but even that takes 30 min every 200 miles. So as long as you're ok with a 30 min break every 3 hrs you're good.
I think high efficiency ICE vehicles still make the most sense right now. Push EVs into urban/city environments where they belong until the battery/charging tech catches up to the speed of filling a gas tank.

The biggest issue is people's desire for massive vehicles. Massive vehicles are inherently inefficient no matter the propulsion source, and people drive them around needlessly "to not be gay" like my contractor claims.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:06 am

He is the boss/cuck.
Yea, so he can make a minion get last minute supplies or whatever is needed. He's just driving around giving quotes and checking on jobs. Our contractor has a brand new F-150 King Ranch. The bed looks brand new. I called him out on it and he said he got to be the boss so he "doesn't have to do grunt shit". I asked him why he bought a truck and he responded "because I'm not gay". :lolol: He drives ALL OVER, an EV would make more sense for him IMO.
That's pretty spot on :lol: Mine kept bitching about grunt work, he still occasionally delivers lumber and drywall and bitches about it every time. He actually did quite a bit of :impressive: shit with his :truk: as far as towing/loading it up with a bunch of crap, meth trailers.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:10 am
max225 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:59 am

I think high efficiency ICE vehicles still make the most sense right now. Push EVs into urban/city environments where they belong until the battery/charging tech catches up to the speed of filling a gas tank.

The biggest issue is people's desire for massive vehicles. Massive vehicles are inherently inefficient no matter the propulsion source, and people drive them around needlessly "to not be gay" like my contractor claims.
3x the consumption=3x the size of the battery. Obviously that adds cost but a King ranch is 100k... so :yikes:
Desertbreh

I have to admit I'm eyeing that Hyundai Ioniq
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:03 pm I have to admit I'm eyeing that Hyundai Ioniq
:disgust: time for that T booster
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:03 pm I have to admit I'm eyeing that Hyundai Ioniq
The EV looks :megusta:
ChrisoftheNorth

The Ioniq 5....

:notbad:
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:42 pm The Ioniq 5....

Right but the conversation was around efficient gasoline vehicles ... which prompted me to think of this.

ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:45 pm

Right but the conversation was around efficient gasoline vehicles ... which prompted me to think of this.

I wonder how slow it is. The hybrid claims 139 combined HP. Thats... :yikes: 60mpg hwy :doe:
max225

That thing is one notch above a Mirage for me... I don't care if it gets 1000mpg it's just a hideous pile of shit.
Desertbreh

It is so far the only electric car that piques my interest.