OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:aliens:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

SAWCE wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:57 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:19 am

Thanks dude! I'll pass this info along to him. He's hoping to get on base housing or to live with a friend from college for a bit. I'll DM you here or on socials closer to his moving date when I figure that out this weekend.
Oh is he in the Air Force? If so, yeah live on base and keep housing cheap AF and just stack that salary. If he’s civilian, I don’t think he’s allowed to live on base. Used to be that way at least.

Keep me posted, and I’ll offer whatever advice and shit I can.
He's being brought in as a civilian to work on base
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

D Griff wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:05 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:34 pm Image

Sorry too buzzed to make these full size but this is incredible

@Griff dawg what's your fav bar? My roommates and I are thinking about ubering to one tomot night for some fun
Sorry I missed this. My wife and I actually were out celebrating COVID officially ending yesterday at a Dierks Bentley concert at Coyote Joe's (a sick honky tonk in West Charlotte, worth a visit if you have any interest in that sort of thing). It was quite surreal being in what is basically a giant bar absolutely packed with people and pretty much 0% mask utilization. I felt odd at first but it was overall a 5/7 experience.

As for general bar feedback, it is more about areas than specific bars:

Montford area - this is right by my house so I like it a lot. Angry Ales and Moosehead are favorites, think hole-in-the-wall beer/burger spots, very local vibe. Jeff's Bucket shop is an epic basement karaoke dive, many fun nights have been spent there.

"Brewery District/Lo-So" - also walking distance to my house so I frequent it - lots of breweries, kind of a fratty white person scene but some fun places. Olde Mecke is the biggest/OG Charlotte brewery but there are dozens and they're all kinda the same shit.

South End - this is the most happening area in Charlotte, it is packed 24/7, I typically feel old AF at age 32 over there, but it can still be fun, lots of good eateries as well, too many places to list really. I like Common Market South End, Pins Mechanical, Charlotte Beer Garden

NoDa - Hipster area, pretty cool, Roy's has dope Caribbean food, plenty of bars

Plaza Midwood - other hipster area - The Diamond is cool for late night diner grub, Jackalope Jack's is like a grungy arcade for adults, Workman's Friend is a decent Irish bar, Legion Brewing is decent, the original Common Market is cool

Lots of smaller neighborhoods with stuff but those are the main ones. Downtown/Uptown nightlife is pretty meh since COVID but 5th/College area used to be cool/more college-y
Dam. Super awesome reply. We're at some place downtown called Haymakers right now. I'll show your list to my roommates the next time we go out.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:05 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:57 am

Oh is he in the Air Force? If so, yeah live on base and keep housing cheap AF and just stack that salary. If he’s civilian, I don’t think he’s allowed to live on base. Used to be that way at least.

Keep me posted, and I’ll offer whatever advice and shit I can.
He's being brought in as a civilian to work on base
To the best of my knowledge he won’t be allowed to live on base. That may have changed though. Hopefully he can rent from/with his buddy.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:32 pm
max225 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:50 pm

What happened to “omg you’re going to murder my grandma” oh right. Plandemic is over.
I am vaccinated. Most of my friends and family are as well. At this point, everyone else has the opportunity to get vaccinated, stay home, mask up, etc. so I am :aintcare: I am going to live my life moving forward.

I suspect much of the Coyote Joe's/ Dierks Bentley concert attendees are not vaxed due to the demographic, but :aintcare: , I am safe. That is their choice. Dierks actually posted on social media that he wants everyone who goes to his shows to get vaccinated, not that that means anything.
Unless the variants come along that aren't covered by the vaccine, I don't see why return to normal can't happen. Vaccines are going to waste, anyone can get one if they want one, so why continue the :bs: ? Don't want to protect yourself? Then may the odds ever be in your favor.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:31 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:32 pm

I am vaccinated. Most of my friends and family are as well. At this point, everyone else has the opportunity to get vaccinated, stay home, mask up, etc. so I am :aintcare: I am going to live my life moving forward.

I suspect much of the Coyote Joe's/ Dierks Bentley concert attendees are not vaxed due to the demographic, but :aintcare: , I am safe. That is their choice. Dierks actually posted on social media that he wants everyone who goes to his shows to get vaccinated, not that that means anything.
Unless the variants come along that aren't covered by the vaccine, I don't see why return to normal can't happen. Vaccines are going to waste, anyone can get one if they want one, so why continue the :bs: ? Don't want to protect yourself? Then may the odds ever be in your favor.
There are no issues for people under 50. But yea May the odds be in everyone’s favor, happy for this S to be over.

But then again “normal” is returning a little too quickly out here imo. And it’s weird to me, considering how locked down we were. And how many cases are still out there. I’m just tired of the hypocrisy. Literally everyone is out here and it’s as if there are no issues. We have maskless people (walking in) restaurants now etc.

Yet there are 40k
Cases a day. :aintcare:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
D Griff wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:32 pm I am vaccinated. Most of my friends and family are as well. At this point, everyone else has the opportunity to get vaccinated, stay home, mask up, etc. so I am :aintcare: I am going to live my life moving forward.

Until the variants come along that aren't covered by the vaccine, I don't see why return to normal can't happen. Vaccines are going to waste, anyone can get one if they want one, so why continue the :bs: ?
:dat:

Fucking dumb people are certainly going to ruin it for everyone, but I'm going back to living until then.
razr390

max225 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:08 pm
There are no issues for people under 50. But yea May the odds be in everyone’s favor, happy for this S to be over.

But then again “normal” is returning a little too quickly out here imo. And it’s weird to me, considering how locked down we were. And how many cases are still out there. I’m just tired of the hypocrisy. Literally everyone is out here and it’s as if there are no issues. We have maskless people (walking in) restaurants now etc.

Yet there are 40k
No issues for people under 50 = they don't die as much as older folks, but long term COVID effects are still a thing. There are people under 50 that have had it and report they still get shortness of breath, etc. when they normally wouldn't.

I am still wearing my mask in indoor areas as a courtesy to others, even though I got the second jab yesterday.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Fucking hell.

I threw my back out today, bending down to pick up a fucking twig in the yard. :|

The last few weekends I've been cutting down trees, lifting and moving heavy logs, large :triggered: rocks, transplanted a 7 ft tall shrub all with no issues. Today? I get my ass kicked by a motherfucking TWIG. Been in agony all day and can barely move. I was supposed to go to my inlaws to install a new flood light outside their garage but when I got there could barely get out of my car, and I couldn't even lift my little tool box out of my trunk. :rage:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

razr390 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:56 pm

Yet there are 40k
No issues for people under 50 = they don't die as much as older folks, but long term COVID effects are still a thing. There are people under 50 that have had it and report they still get shortness of breath, etc. when they normally wouldn't.

I am still wearing my mask in indoor areas as a courtesy to others, even though I got the second jab yesterday.
Also, you're not fully vaccinated until 2 weeks after your second jab so you are correct to continue wearing your mask for a couple more weeks. :like:
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Even Vaccinated, You can still get, AND TRANSMIT Covid .... wearing masks indoors in public is more than a cursory courtesy....... you may not be able to get really sick from the virus anymore, but that doesn't mean you couldn't make somebody else really really sick.....
max225

Just paid 20k in taxes to the gov. Yay :disgust:
wap

Irish wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:09 pm Even Vaccinated, You can still get, AND TRANSMIT Covid .... wearing masks indoors in public is more than a cursory courtesy....... you may not be able to get really sick from the virus anymore, but that doesn't mean you couldn't make somebody else really really sick.....
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Yet there are 40k
:dat: also not wearing masks indoors when vaccinated too, not only that, they don't even ask for card, so people will act like they're vaccinated and go in maskless, guess what, restrictions will happen again. Turkey made the same mistake a few months back and we're almost over with the lockdown, now we're opening back up slowly, barbers, dining in are still closed until June.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Irish wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:09 pm Even Vaccinated, You can still get, AND TRANSMIT Covid .... wearing masks indoors in public is more than a cursory courtesy....... you may not be able to get really sick from the virus anymore, but that doesn't mean you couldn't make somebody else really really sick.....
:dat: I have a feeling restrictions will happen again. Atleast I know my state would.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
SAWCE

So then what’s the point of getting vaccinated? Vaccine to reduce chance of getting/spreading... mask to reduce the chance of getting/spreading. Why not just keep doing just the mask? The same people that refuse to wear them are the same people that will refuse the vaccine. Likewise the same people who have been 100% on their mask and social-distance games are the ones jumping at getting the vaccine.
razr390

SAWCE wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:19 am
So then what’s the point of getting vaccinated? Vaccine to reduce chance of getting/spreading... mask to reduce the chance of getting/spreading. Why not just keep doing just the mask? The same people that refuse to wear them are the same people that will refuse the vaccine. Likewise the same people who have been 100% on their mask and social-distance games are the ones jumping at getting the vaccine.
Increases herd immunity, makes it less severe to anyone that DOES get it, and it also makes it less likely for the virus to mutate and “new strains” to become available. That’s a very TL;DR non medical understanding I have, but that’s what has been pretty much going around.
SAWCE

razr390 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:22 am

Increases herd immunity, makes it less severe to anyone that DOES get it, and it also makes it less likely for the virus to mutate and “new strains” to become available. That’s a very TL;DR non medical understanding I have, but that’s what has been pretty much going around.
:word: I’d forgotten that it’s supposed to make getting Covid much less severe.
wap

razr390 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:22 am

Yup. And you're virtually guaranteed not to die from it if you do get it.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Do you even thread title bro? I just do not understand why people cannot ease into this thing and use a combination of vaccine plus mask plus self restraint to make COVID ACTUALLY over. Going to a maskless county western concert is fucking retarded. Just enjoy some time in the backyard with friends. Do heart you though Dan.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:25 pm

Do you even thread title bro? I just do not understand why people cannot ease into this thing and use a combination of vaccine plus mask plus self restraint to make COVID ACTUALLY over. Going to a maskless county western concert is fucking retarded. Just enjoy some time in the backyard with friends. Do heart you though Dan.
This will ruffle feathers. But I’m with you. The people are way too confident in this vaccine sitch and think they are invincible.

The point being made was that once people were at home cucking screaming at others and the prior administration are the same ones partaking in high risk activities with very high levels of the virus circulating throughout.

Yet now it’s all about the vaccine ... sub 50 crowd never needed to worry just stay consistent. If you truly think the virus is THAT bad then keep doing you at home and safe.
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Forester

Hey guys been a minute, ive had a procedure done in my sinuses just been laying low.
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Anyone else witness a street race where the winner pulled out a flag while the loser keeps trying to line up another pull?
No? Just me?
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:34 pm Image

Sorry too buzzed to make these full size but this is incredible

@Griff dawg what's your fav bar? My roommates and I are thinking about ubering to one tomot night for some fun
Anyone know if we got a cooking thread up in this bitch? I been going nuts lately with my pellet grill and with some sushi.
I need some help with getting mah meet sweats juicy