OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Melon wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:46 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:40 pm

Lift weights, eat brotein, continue to expand the Panzer Division. Rub one out occasionally to relieve tension. Dominate.
This is currently my plan. I have a Peloton now, been doing the cycle thing daily.

In November I weighed in at 372, last week I weighed in at 348.6.

I didn't start working out consistently until mid January, so progress for sure! And I am doing weights, so I've lost more than that in fat content.
Hell yeah dude!
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Forester

At my heaviest, I was 323lbs last year around this time. Today I weighed in at 231. Went from 42 pants to 36 (and now theyre even loose). A friend of mine passed away un expectantly last november and ever since then ive been 110% focused on myself. Most of my weight came off beginning then. No cheat meals nothing, well besides tequila. But no beer, no wine etc.
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

razr390 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:05 pm
09vdubgti wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:56 pm Im actually thinking of getting a bike, a mountain bike. It seems as im not the only one, bikes are sold out everywhere. Getting little bit bored of my exercises. And with the weather getting nicer, rather be outside.
It’s been that way for a year now since ‘Vid. Went into a bike shop and was amazed at their inventory until the manager told me those are all being serviced. So I just left.
Yea, and I dont want to buy a full suspension bike either, way too pricey.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

09vdubgti wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:06 pm At my heaviest, I was 323lbs last year around this time. Today I weighed in at 231. Went from 42 pants to 36 (and now theyre even loose). A friend of mine passed away un expectantly last november and ever since then ive been 110% focused on myself. Most of my weight came off beginning then. No cheat meals nothing, well besides tequila. But no beer, no wine etc.
If you're going to drink, this is the best path weight reduction wise.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Melon wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:20 pm Dang.

I'm at a crossroads of kinda being lonely, vs not wanting to deal with the bulllshit of dating.

Hence a car project, keep me occupied, and a sense of accomplishment.

I've had too much to think lately.
Need more act.

I can second a gratitude journal, it does legitimately help. Even if it's just writing a few things on a piece of paper.
Man... I am committed now which is good as it prevents relationship :plac: ... but I think most men go through this. We get in a relationship and think, man, if I was single I'd have so much time/money for my hobbies and shit. Then when single, it's like, man, I wish I had someone to talk to/ :dock: with.

I'd say being married keeps getting better as time goes on and is overall great but definitely a challenge and there are days when it's like "hmmm if I was single I could go out and buy an M3" or similar :lolol:

You're doing great man, out of an unhealthy relationship, into healthier living, own three Beemahs. Nothing :wrong: with considering dating, just don't rush into anything. The online platforms are indeed a great, easier way to meet other singles these days.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

09vdubgti wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:09 pm

It’s been that way for a year now since ‘Vid. Went into a bike shop and was amazed at their inventory until the manager told me those are all being serviced. So I just left.
Yeah, really no need for one on the East Coast IMO anyway. I mean, there are hardcore downhill places like Fled enjoys where they come into play, but most guys who buy full suspension bikes don't even end up doing anything more than standard single track. You can get a decent MTB in the $1-2K range.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

I have a $3500 hardtail MTB.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:10 pm
09vdubgti wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:06 pm At my heaviest, I was 323lbs last year around this time. Today I weighed in at 231. Went from 42 pants to 36 (and now theyre even loose). A friend of mine passed away un expectantly last november and ever since then ive been 110% focused on myself. Most of my weight came off beginning then. No cheat meals nothing, well besides tequila. But no beer, no wine etc.
If you're going to drink, this is the best path weight reduction wise.
:dat:

Seltzers like Truly and tequila or other liquors are where it's at. I'm still on the tequila and lime juice with a salted rim kick, it's 5/7.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:14 pm
Melon wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:20 pm Dang.

I'm at a crossroads of kinda being lonely, vs not wanting to deal with the bulllshit of dating.

Hence a car project, keep me occupied, and a sense of accomplishment.

I've had too much to think lately.
Need more act.

I can second a gratitude journal, it does legitimately help. Even if it's just writing a few things on a piece of paper.
Man... I am committed now which is good as it prevents relationship :plac: ... but I think most men go through this. We get in a relationship and think, man, if I was single I'd have so much time/money for my hobbies and shit. Then when single, it's like, man, I wish I had someone to talk to/ :dock: with.

I'd say being married keeps getting better as time goes on and is overall great but definitely a challenge and there are days when it's like "hmmm if I was single I could go out and buy an M3" or similar :lolol:

You're doing great man, out of an unhealthy relationship, into healthier living, own three Beemahs. Nothing :wrong: with considering dating, just don't rush into anything. The online platforms are indeed a great, easier way to meet other singles these days.
All true.

I mean, being in a bad relationship really puts it into perspective. There wasn't much talking and no :dock: to be had for years, so being single, I've only gained freedom and most importantly peace of mind.

I'll probably try dating sometime thoon TBH, but for now. I'm collecting roundels.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:41 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:22 pm

Lemme know when you're ready to ride it.
:like:
Thanks dude.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Where in NJ are you?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:41 pm

Lemme know when you're ready to ride it.
Lemme just throw muh bike on muh :poorvette: and come meet y'all for a ride.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Nothing :wrong: with :dat: I've got a lot of dollahs tied up in some bikes, they are fun toys.

I actually need to :troywax: on the Orbea a bit.
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

fledonfoot wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:54 pm

Where in NJ are you?
Union
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Anyone here check out the REI bikes? Was looking at their DRT 2.2. Cant really find reviews on it on YT.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Speaking of bikes. I currently ride my uncles old bike, which is a 1990's mountain bike, 21 speed, super simple. Only got my chain oiled, brake pads replaced, replaced the gear selectors as last ones broke out of nowhere (fortunately they're reasonable price) and changed tires after 15+ of just collecting dust.

If I'm really interested to invest this as a hobby, then i'd hell yeah for a suspension bike and happy to :troywax: for it.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

:like: :fancy: :bravo: :fuckyeah: :amaze:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Melon wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:51 pm
That is Awesome... How'd you do it? Just eating right? Keto? Exercise? Lots of :dock: ?
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Irish wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:03 pm

That is Awesome... How'd you do it? Just eating right? Keto? Exercise? Lots of :dock: ?
Cut off a leg.
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Thanks!

Dont want to say full on keto, but yea ultra low carbs <20 G of carbs a day, no bread, rice, pasta and no eating past 7pm (I do I.F 16/8). Have Fattier cuts of protein, chicken thighs (instead of breast), meats etc. And I use either coconut oil or avocado oil when I cook. And I found alternatives to things I would normally eat. Like I have Enlightened/Halo keto ice cream, or cheesecake, or whipped cream with berries. So I still have my sweets but they're using alternative sweeteners. Instead of rice, use cauliflour rice, or instead of tortillas I use Crepini's and so forth. And yes, 5/6 days a week I exercise (45 mins on treadmill HiiT), cable machine, resistance bands and Battle Rope. The battle rope is a killer, feel it during and after through out the day. Cutting off the sugars too, was huge. Ive become a big fan of Lakanto products (use monk fruit instead of sugar).

The other day I bought some shirts because I dont like the fit of my old stuff, went from XXL to now I can start pulling of L in some brands lol. And im actually beginning to notice I have a jawline now, People got surprised when I told them I weighed 323lbs, I guess I was just dense and hid it well. I was 294 when I started taking things seriously, back in last week of november it feels good now being at 231. 21 more pounds and ill be back to my old self weight. I have surgery coming up for an unrelated matter and my ENT doc says i should take it easy a month or so, so Im pushing bit harder.
Irish

09vdubgti wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:49 pm

Thanks!

Dont want to say full on keto, but yea ultra low carbs <20 G of carbs a day, no bread, rice, pasta and no eating past 7pm (I do I.F 16/8). Have Fattier cuts of protein, chicken thighs (instead of breast), meats etc. And I use either coconut oil or avocado oil when I cook. And I found alternatives to things I would normally eat. Like I have Enlightened/Halo keto ice cream, or cheesecake, or whipped cream with berries. So I still have my sweets but they're using alternative sweeteners. Instead of rice, use cauliflour rice, or instead of tortillas I use Crepini's and so forth. And yes, 5/6 days a week I exercise (45 mins on treadmill HiiT), cable machine, resistance bands and Battle Rope. The battle rope is a killer, feel it during and after through out the day. Cutting off the sugars too, was huge. Ive become a big fan of Lakanto products (use monk fruit instead of sugar).

The other day I bought some shirts because I dont like the fit of my old stuff, went from XXL to now I can start pulling of L in some brands lol. And im actually beginning to notice I have a jawline now, People got surprised when I told them I weighed 323lbs, I guess I was just dense and hid it well. I was 294 when I started taking things seriously, back in last week of november it feels good now being at 231. 21 more pounds and ill be back to my old self weight. I have surgery coming up for an unrelated matter and my ENT doc says i should take it easy a month or so, so Im pushing bit harder.
Sweet! How old are you? I had good results with Atkins (Basically the father of Keto but stupid high fat and protein) when I was much younger. But my body adjusted and it never worked as well later on. I have heard the same from many many people.

I have lost weight on Keto since, but it takes a lot longer the older I get. I lost about 40 back in in 2005 and then 50 again in 2013. Prior to my bout with mouth cancer in 2019 I was maintaining about 230- 240 with it and had gotten pretty used to eating that way for over a year. But once my mouth got ravaged by multiple surgeries I got in the habit of soothing it with cold nighttime treats. I wont tempt you with specifics but that coupled with Covid hitting (and my family and I craving and partaking of comfort foods during lockdown) and I am at my heaviest since getting sober in 2005.

I can carry 240 and not look too bad.... but 285 is way too big for my frame

My wife has dropped 35 recently....30 min a day on the TM and strict Keto. The low carb bread from Aldi and low carb tortillas have been game changers for her this go around. She makes some really good desserts with the monk fruit powder too.
Last edited by Irish on Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Apex

D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:55 pm

Nothing :wrong: with :dat: I've got a lot of dollahs tied up in some bikes, they are fun toys.

I actually need to :troywax: on the Orbea a bit.
[user not found] and fled being local does not help any of us with our spending habits.

I hope I get to ride more this year, weather needs to cooperate and keep the trails dry. The Big Honzo is an absolute riot to ride.
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Irish wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:16 pm
09vdubgti wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:49 pm

Thanks!

Sweet! How old are you? I had good results with Atkins (Basically the father of Keto but stupid high fat and protein) when I was much younger. But my body adjusted and it never worked as well later on. I have heard the same from many many people.

I have lost weight on Keto since, but it takes a lot longer the older I get. I lost about 40 back in in 2005 and then 50 again in 2013. Prior to my bout with mouth cancer in 2019 I was maintaining about 230- 240 with it and had gotten pretty used to eating that way for over a year. But once my mouth got ravaged by multiple surgeries I got in the habit of soothing it with cold nighttime treats. I wont tempt you with specifics but that coupled with Covid hitting (and my family and I craving and partaking of comfort foods during lockdown) and I am at my heaviest since getting sober in 2005.

I can carry 240 and don't look too bad....285 is way too big

My wife has dropped 35 recently....30 min a day on the TM and strict Keto. The low carb bread from Aldi and low card tortillas have been gamechangers for her this go around. She makes some really good desserts with the monk fruit powder too.
Im 30. Sorry to hear about your cancer, and hopefully thats in the past now. Thats great for your wife, hope she continues well with it. Yes, Aldi has a 0 net carb bread its not my most fav thing to eat but at least its a form of bread. But yes, absolutely agree on the low carb tortillas, theyre great and taste like the normal thing. Well there are plenti of cold treats now, I always have a pint or two of Enlightened or Halo keto ice cream at home. However I make one pint last a week, few spoonfuls here n there. What I like about keto is I feel full and the want to snack is pretty low. Well hope you can get back into it, good thing you have your wife to help now.
Irish

09vdubgti wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:26 pm
Irish wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:16 pm

I can carry 240 and don't look too bad....285 is way too big

My wife has dropped 35 recently....30 min a day on the TM and strict Keto. The low carb bread from Aldi and low card tortillas have been gamechangers for her this go around. She makes some really good desserts with the monk fruit powder too.
Im 30. Sorry to hear about your cancer, and hopefully thats in the past now. Thats great for your wife, hope she continues well with it. Yes, Aldi has a 0 net carb bread its not my most fav thing to eat but at least its a form of bread. But yes, absolutely agree on the low carb tortillas, theyre great and taste like the normal thing. Well there are plenti of cold treats now, I always have a pint or two of Enlightened or Halo keto ice cream at home. However I make one pint last a week, few spoonfuls here n there. What I like about keto is I feel full and the want to snack is pretty low. Well hope you can get back into it, good thing you have your wife to help now.
Yeah...Keto is the def the way ..... sugar and simple carbs turn right to fat on me ...... and I feel really good on a low carb regimen...... after a few weeks I don't really crave anything....although I do really miss potatoes.....

And thanks..... so far so good with the cancer..... I am still working on getting permanent fake teeth, but he temporary prosthetics are definitely better than nothing.... They are uncomfortable but at least I can chew.
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Irish wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:43 pm
09vdubgti wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:26 pm

Yeah...Keto is the def the way ..... sugar and simple carbs turn right to fat on me ...... and I feel really good on a low carb regimen...... after a few weeks I don't really crave anything....although I do really miss potatoes.....

And thanks..... so far so good with the cancer..... I am still working on getting permanent fake teeth, but he temporary prosthetics are definitely better than nothing.... They are uncomfortable but at least I can chew.
You ever heard of Jicama? Its a good alternative to potatoes. If you have a trader joes near they sell them pre-cut like french fries. And really low in carbs too.