OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:44 pm
Tarspin wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:44 am

Easy for you to say, at least you EXIST! I'm not even noteworthy :sad:

Truthfully, we all suffer a lot, I'm sad and scared at least once per day and I'm lucky enough to come out of this fairly unscathed. There isn't one person who hasn't been affected by the pandemic negatively, but your POV is the only thing that keeps my ship sailing right. I recommend that 'Pecs reread your advice a few times.

How to start, and I know half the shit I say falls on deaf ears because words don't usually change a person's mindset, but I'm going to share something personal; I believe that the he universe rewards us for thankfulness.... in a very big way. BE THANKFUL!

Even if it is artificial, in your head you need to say that you're thankful as many times per day as you can. List things you are thankful for, and over time it will trigger the strength that a person needs to believe it for real. For anyone in a rut, get in your car, or on your bike, and say thank you a hundred times during your commute. Think about things that are important to you while saying it.... monetarily and spiritually things will improve once a person accepts this ritual.

I'm offering 100% money back guarantee on this bitch, :doit:

But seriously, this works. I'm happy to get into other things that help me as well, but only if someone gives a shit and wants to hear about it. NOBODY has it easy, but each of us have different starting points and environmental factors.

I do a few detrimental things that work against me, but am becoming more cognizant of them and can share those too, but first I need to exist! See what I did there?
This is very true and has helped me a lot. My mom wrote this book -https://smile.amazon.com/Tag-Im-Thanks- ... 036&sr=8-8

Shameless plug, but the principal is that each day, you journal briefly about three things surrounding gratitude.

When I was a kid, my mom suffered greatly from depression. She would sometimes stay in bed all day and have other major issues. She had some tough stuff growing up and married my dad who had two kids already with an alcoholic mother who later passed away when she was only 33. So things were always easy in the Griff house, I understand my mom's troubles, but I think she learned a ton and now has a successful biz as a writing coach, editor, and writer. Based on the above book and speaking to her about it, gratitude was a lot of the journey to feeling better.

There will always be those of us with more and those of us with less. Sadly life isn't fair.
My mother suffers from depression, but sees nothing wrong with it and enjoys being miserable. It's a big reason why I keep her at arm's length. :fuckyeah: that your mother owned it and made changes to improve.

Life isn't fair. That's the only fact we can count on, so might as well not dwell on it and instead focus on what you're happy/grateful for. Multiple times a day I go outside, stand on the side of the hill, fill my lungs with fresh air and reflect on how insanely fortunate I am to be where I'm at. Sometimes when I smoke, I get emotional, and I actually cry a bit because I'm overwhelmed with gratitude. I don't have much compared to others, but what I do have is all I really want.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Ordered a copy and will give it to :tits: in a moment of thoughtfulness when she’ll need it. Thanks Griffballs. Hopefully my purchase makes your mom a :waxer:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:56 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:16 am Got home around 7 last night. Surgery went well. All the hardware came out without issue, he performed a series of muscle, nerve and capsular releases and pulled out a bunch of scar tissue.

He was able to range me to 85 degrees pronation, up from 45. Minimal extension gains because I was most of the way there anyway already.

He said he could have gone further for the last 5% range, but it would have required tweaking multiple ligaments, tendons, a bit more muscle and risk of damage to the ulnar nerve, on top of grinding down enough bone that would have triggered the ossification issue I’ve suffered after round #1. Given there’s 12 holes to fill in, he made the choice to go to rapid aggressive PT as soon as 5 days from now to get out ahead of the stiffness and ossification kicking in.

Last time around I was immobilized for almost 4 weeks during recovery. I don’t have to worry about the integrity of the joint this time so I can get right into rehab ASAP. The risk of going further for the last 5% of range would be almost negated with the longer 2-3 weeks of immobility, so I think he made the right call.

I’ll be able to start weights in 4 weeks, and clear to push it in 6. Back on the bike at the end of May!
I missed this before, congrats man! That is awesome news. :excited: for you to get on your bike again.
I’m so excited. You have no idea. I’m ready to put the last 10 months behind me.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

razr390 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:11 pm Ordered a copy and will give it to :tits: in a moment of thoughtfulness when she’ll need it. Thanks Griffballs. Hopefully my purchase makes your mom a :waxer:
Thanks man, she will be so stoked to hear that.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Dang.

I'm at a crossroads of kinda being lonely, vs not wanting to deal with the bulllshit of dating.

Hence a car project, keep me occupied, and a sense of accomplishment.

I've had too much to think lately.
Need more act.

I can second a gratitude journal, it does legitimately help. Even if it's just writing a few things on a piece of paper.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Forester

hey hey
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Melon wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:20 pm Dang.

I'm at a crossroads of kinda being lonely, vs not wanting to deal with the bulllshit of dating.

Need more act.

I can second a gratitude journal, it does legitimately help. Even if it's just writing a few things on a piece of paper.
The UNENDING crossroads.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Need more act.

Download dating apps. Smash n dash. Sow those melon seeds.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:27 pm

Need more act.

This seems like the best path IMO.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

09vdubgti wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:24 pmhey hey
:howdy:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Need more act.

No one wants to have a fling with a fat fuck.
Steps are being taken to correct this situation, but let's be real here.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I don't really see the issue with being "rejected" doe, I see so may people comment on that, it's not like they film someone's reaction to your profile.

"LULZ" hell no.
*Send video to person*

Wait, did I just invent Tinder, but like a cruel version?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Melon wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:35 pm

Lift weights, eat brotein, continue to expand the Panzer Division. Rub one out occasionally to relieve tension. Dominate.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

-Fellow Fat phuc here, dont sell yourself short. Be confident.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

09vdubgti wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:24 pmhey hey
:hai:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:40 pm

Lift weights, eat brotein, continue to expand the Panzer Division. Rub one out occasionally to relieve tension. Dominate.
This is currently my plan. I have a Peloton now, been doing the cycle thing daily.

In November I weighed in at 372, last week I weighed in at 348.6.

I didn't start working out consistently until mid January, so progress for sure! And I am doing weights, so I've lost more than that in fat content.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

09vdubgti wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:42 pm

-Fellow Fat phuc here, dont sell yourself short. Be confident.
:dock:
SAWCE

:dat:
SAWCE

Melon wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:38 pm I don't really see the issue with being "rejected" doe, I see so may people comment on that, it's not like they film someone's reaction to your profile.

"LULZ" hell no.
*Send video to person*

This is actually genius.
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Im actually thinking of getting a bike, a mountain bike. It seems as im not the only one, bikes are sold out everywhere. Getting little bit bored of my exercises. And with the weather getting nicer, rather be outside.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Melon wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:46 pm

This is currently my plan. I have a Peloton now, been doing the cycle thing daily.

I didn't start working out consistently until mid January, so progress for sure! And I am doing weights, so I've lost more than that in fat content.
Yeah buddy! Whilst broadening the potential target zone with this Stage 3 weight reduction plan, also consider all of the hassle you are avoiding. You are planting the Melon flag on Mount Freedom EVERY MORNING.
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Thats awesome!
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:40 pm
Melon wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:38 pm I don't really see the issue with being "rejected" doe, I see so may people comment on that, it's not like they film someone's reaction to your profile.

"LULZ" hell no.
*Send video to person*

Yeah, that's Cinder. What's left of you after getting roaster on Tinder.
Hired as marketing director.
razr390

:fuckyeah: putting miles on the Meloton
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

09vdubgti wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:56 pm Im actually thinking of getting a bike, a mountain bike. It seems as im not the only one, bikes are sold out everywhere. Getting little bit bored of my exercises. And with the weather getting nicer, rather be outside.
It’s been that way for a year now since ‘Vid. Went into a bike shop and was amazed at their inventory until the manager told me those are all being serviced. So I just left.