Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:51 pm
[user not found] wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:17 pm

So go buy yourself a new truck my friend.

Get what you want and be happy.
Too decisive. No hand wringing. Leaves him open to the possibility that he will miss another robbery at gunpoint like with Peter Poon. Know your Soviet.
No rugrats on the m3 ownershit. I only miss the clout of that car. Very little else. Mini is almost as much fun and way less of a headache. And it doesn’t require $2000 worth of tires every 20k miles
max225

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

max225 wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:06 pm https://www.carmax.com/car/19278237?utm ... ppShareiOS

40k for a 35k 2wd taco at carmax 🤗
Well, you gotta pay for those 10k miles that they put on it for you. Did you think that break-in service was free?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

I still can't believe those trucks cost as much, even at MSRP. No leather. Cheap materials everywhere inside. Needs 100% interior makeover. But people keep buying them... :wtf:
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:08 pm I still can't believe those trucks cost as much, even at MSRP. No leather. Cheap materials everywhere inside. Needs 100% interior makeover. But people keep buying them... :wtf:
They know what they have
max225

So I joined taco world ... interesting place.
I asked about the differences in ride quality, and every post confirmed that there is a significantly better ride in the pro.

Later on it got littered with “buy nice shocks like kings and do it yourself” comments ignoring the $2500 upcharge from a base trd, Modders gonna mod.

There is a dude on there running cox take offs on the off road also and loving it.

So it seems like I’m going pro, unless the deals start on the off roads again and widen the cost gap
max225

Also for anyone else shopping tacos. It seems that sep is the last month of the 2020s, 2021s should be coming in first weeks of October
Apex
Drives: Abominable

I need to start looking into tonneau covers. Ideally I want a hard tri-fold so I can lock the tailgate and have a decent level of security.
max225

Apex wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:12 am I need to start looking into tonneau covers. Ideally I want a hard tri-fold so I can lock the tailgate and have a decent level of security.
That seems like the best option imo and it keeps the crap out of the bed. Which is something I recently realized is an issue.
max225

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/or- ... ns.547693/

Differences... OR to PRO... significant IMO.

max225

SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:28 pm https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/or- ... ns.547693/

Go Pro Bro.

Get the best. Be the best.

No ragrets.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Was chatting with one of :tits: 's friends husbands last night... he is a weird car bro, has owned numerous, WRXs, STIs, BRZs, basically every small import sporty car, always tunes to an inch of death (500-600 hp) and trades in upon basically blowing up the car. Pretty shitty but whatever.

His most recent vehicle was a 2019 or 2020 he traded in his t00ned Si for. He dumped $5-10K in mods (re-geared, lift, wheels/tarz) which he just traded in for a 2017 Infiniti Q50. Odd as he normally ruins brand new vehicles.. but supposedly he got $6K higher on trade for the Taco than he paid for it NEW :mindblown:

I think it was a TRD OffRoad in Sand with an auto.
max225

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:28 pm Was chatting with one of :tits: 's friends husbands last night... he is a weird car bro, has owned numerous, WRXs, STIs, BRZs, basically every small import sporty car, always tunes to an inch of death (500-600 hp) and trades in upon basically blowing up the car. Pretty shitty but whatever.

His most recent vehicle was a 2019 or 2020 he traded in his t00ned Si for. He dumped $5-10K in mods (re-geared, lift, wheels/tarz) which he just traded in for a 2017 Infiniti Q50. Odd as he normally ruins brand new vehicles.. but supposedly he got $6K higher on trade for the Taco than he paid for it NEW :mindblown:

Yea that sounds like :bs: unless he "bought it for MSRP-Trade value of another car"
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:51 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:28 pm Was chatting with one of :tits: 's friends husbands last night... he is a weird car bro, has owned numerous, WRXs, STIs, BRZs, basically every small import sporty car, always tunes to an inch of death (500-600 hp) and trades in upon basically blowing up the car. Pretty shitty but whatever.

Yea that sounds like :bs: unless he "bought it for MSRP-Trade value of another car"
He is pretty full of :bs: ... but at the same time, not sure why he'd lie. He has never really been shy about admitting he lost his ass. Like dropping $10-15K in mods and then trading in without reselling any of it.
max225

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:15 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:51 pm

He is pretty full of :bs: ... but at the same time, not sure why he'd lie. He has never really been shy about admitting he lost his ass. Like dropping $10-15K in mods and then trading in without reselling any of it.
Forun bros are getting 3k off sticker in PA apparently... on off road turds. This seems fairly state specific.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:28 pm https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/or- ... ns.547693/

I will maintain...those Fox shocks are beefier to take abuse off-road. That does not necessarily translate to better ride on the street. Notice the dude claims that brake dive is less and "compression and rebound is more controlled". That translates to stiffer to me, which is very common with off-road shocks. I'd absolutely drive both before deciding because formbros are easily blinded by price and brand names.

Now, if you intend to hammer the thing in the desert, there's no question to go BRO.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:23 pm

I will maintain...those Fox shocks are beefier to take abuse off-road. That does not necessarily translate to better ride on the street. Notice the dude claims that brake dive is less and "compression and rebound is more controlled". That translates to stiffer to me, which is very common with off-road shocks. I'd absolutely drive both before deciding because formbros are easily blinded by price and brand names.

Now, if you intend to hammer the thing in the desert, there's no question to go BRO.
Almost every person in that thread stated that it rides noticeably better on road... other than one person that said it rides worse :derp: I would be curious to test drive it for my own purpose but I’d have to find a :dillerman: that has both in stock and willing to let me kick tires. As mentioned the closest example that works is 550 miles away :( so I have nothing locally... trd pros tend to be on the showroom floors along side the Supras so they are not exactly easy to test drive also
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Fled has a OffRoad. You can ask him about the elbow shattering ride.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:52 am Fled has a OffRoad. You can ask him about the elbow shattering ride.
I drove an off road as mentioned and it was fine. I drive a 250k mile Tacoma as of right now. So really Anything is an “upgrade” but if I’m paying 50k it better ride much nicer than the 40k version with the plebe shocks
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:21 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:52 am Fled has a OffRoad. You can ask him about the elbow shattering ride.
I drove an off road as mentioned and it was fine. I drive a 250k mile Tacoma as of right now. So really Anything is an “upgrade” but if I’m paying 50k it better ride much nicer than the 40k version with the plebe shocks
I'm just not convinced that it will. Forumbros will always support their higher spending habits, even if it's not warranted. JT Overland rides better than a JT Rubicon even though the Rubicon has :fancy: Fox shocks.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:27 am
max225 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:21 am

I'm just not convinced that it will. Forumbros will always support their higher spending habits, even if it's not warranted. JT Overland rides better than a JT Rubicon even though the Rubicon has :fancy: Fox shocks.
Interesting ... tires ?
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:53 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:27 am
Interesting ... tires ?
Could be part of it...I dunno the ride just feels firmer in the Rubicon. More sidewall, which usually means more compliance, so I blame the shocks. Offroad shocks by design need to tend to be stiffer to avoid bottoming out. The Overland is smoother overall on the road. I notice the same with the JL...I really like driving the Sahara because of how smooth/comfortable it is on road.

If I don't buy my truck, I'd seriously consider leasing an Overland next.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:00 am
max225 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:53 am

Interesting ... tires ?
Could be part of it...I dunno the ride just feels firmer in the Rubicon. More sidewall, which usually means more compliance, so I blame the shocks. Offroad shocks by design need to tend to be stiffer to avoid bottoming out. The Overland is smoother overall on the road. I notice the same with the JL...I really like driving the Sahara because of how smooth/comfortable it is on road.

If I don't buy my truck, I'd seriously consider leasing an Overland next.
Yeah, that is the thing... just because a shock is better off road, doesn't mean it's better on road. Rebound speed and such are all tuned to very specific variables. I personally bet both the Off Road and Pro ride pretty well, I think that is a crazy reason to spend $10K more, personally. I would only do it if the extra off road prowess is needed/desired.

I recently went off roading and road for 8 hours on the highway in an Off Road and it certainly road better than my BMW or C5, probably my Jeep as well. It was a perfectly comfy vehicle other than the backseat which is terrible.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

The Mini back seat is legit better than a Tacoma which is :mindblown: