OT 18: Anti-Social Distancing

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Digging deep but having trouble finding any remaining fucks to give. :ohwell:

This week long mid-90's heat wave can go fuck itself. Haven't been able to take any walks in the sauna that is the outdoors here in over a week. :|
Supposedly it's going to drop to the upper 70's-low 80's over the weekend. :notsure: , but :fuckyeah: if it happens.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

D Griff wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:25 pm Last day of my sales month and I think I'm just going to fuck off and not do anything. Our warehousing/ERP systems are totally fucked, nothing is shipping seemingly. FedEx is fucked, products aren't delivering. I won't get paid on stuff until/unless it's actually shipped and billed. I have pushed hard and actually have growth over August 2019 in my territory of over 10%, not bad in an industry that's down 30+% due to the 'VID, but I may not get any commission because our company's logistics people are fucking it all up.

:ohwell: I'm going to take a two hour lunch, attend a meeting at three and probably helicopter on out of this bitch.
:doit:
wap

SAWCE wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:56 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:25 pm Last day of my sales month and I think I'm just going to fuck off and not do anything. Our warehousing/ERP systems are totally fucked, nothing is shipping seemingly. FedEx is fucked, products aren't delivering. I won't get paid on stuff until/unless it's actually shipped and billed. I have pushed hard and actually have growth over August 2019 in my territory of over 10%, not bad in an industry that's down 30+% due to the 'VID, but I may not get any commission because our company's logistics people are fucking it all up.

:ohwell: I'm going to take a two hour lunch, attend a meeting at three and probably helicopter on out of this bitch.
Damn. This was the first month I’ve had stuff be delayed shipping to me from Covid. Wonder why it was so much worse all the sudden.

I was going to WFH today, but had a meeting get scheduled on board my ship that I had to attend. Got there at 8:00 and was headed back to my desk by 8:20. Complete waste of time and potential WFH day.
:rage:
Sorry, mang. Frustrating, i'm sure.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

wap wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:32 pm
razr390 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:00 pm Working fully remote today. Prepping and packing this weekend for the trip next week. Will be interesting to see how the :baby: does on the flight but luckily we have Non-stop flights so the ordeal will be over in 3 hours each way.
Hopefully she'll be :thisisfine: and not :nuke:
She is usually a very good baby. But, flying is always the great unknown the first time around. She has a show on Netflix for babies that she loves to watch sometimes so we are planning to preload the iPad with it to keep her entertained

She also has her favorite toy that she LOVES and calms her down. We also got her some new toys that we are going to give to her for the first time on the flight, meaning she will have a new toy to “discover” and not be bored of it
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

[user not found] wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:52 pm
razr390 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:50 pm

She is usually a very good baby. But, flying is always the great unknown the first time around. She has a show on Netflix for babies that she loves to watch sometimes so we are planning to preload the iPad with it to keep her entertained

She also has her favorite toy that she LOVES and calms her down. We also got her some new toys that we are going to give to her for the first time on the flight, meaning she will have a new toy to “discover” and not be bored of it
Parenting trick. Brandy. /Thread
FTFY
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Glad things are going smoothly with your girl, my uncles daughter is the complete opposite and she gets bored left and right like every 30 seconds, youtube off of their phones then toys, then jumps on lap, cries uncontrollably when she tries to get her way (before she learned how to walk btw). She's like super hyperactive. When she took her first trip when she was 2.5 months old, roadtrip mind you, my oh my talk about disaster!
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

SAWCE wrote:
[user not found] wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:52 pm Parenting trick. Brandy. /Thread
FTFY
Yeah the booze they have on the plane is kiddie-sized for that reason.
razr390

[user not found] wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:52 pm

Parenting trick. Benadryl. /Thread
That too. :hue:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Desertbreh

Its the ear pressure. Total crap shoot.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

troyguitar wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:22 pm
SAWCE wrote:
FTFY
Yeah the booze they have on the plane is kiddie-sized for that reason.
:fax:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Damn. This was the first month I’ve had stuff be delayed shipping to me from Covid. Wonder why it was so much worse all the sudden.

I was going to WFH today, but had a meeting get scheduled on board my ship that I had to attend. Got there at 8:00 and was headed back to my desk by 8:20. Complete waste of time and potential WFH day.
razr390

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:31 pm

Its the ear pressure. Total crap shoot.
She takes her pacifiers so that will help.
troyguitar

D Griff wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:25 pm

How is Wilmington, NC as a city? I'm still trying to figure out where we can move that's affordable and not shitty. Looks like there are decent apartments available under $1500/mo right now. Still not affordable on single barista money but doable as a couple.
wap

troyguitar wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:10 pm

How is Wilmington, NC as a city? I'm still trying to figure out where we can move that's affordable and not shitty. Looks like there are decent apartments available under $1500/mo right now. Still not affordable on single barista money but doable as a couple.
It's a :neat: looking town with TONS of beautiful old homes and a really pretty little downtown area near the riverfront with lots of restaurants, shops, etc. No idea on things like taxes, jerbs, crime, etc :doe:
troyguitar

All I know about Wilmington is that the weather is awesome and it's the site of the only successful coup to happen on US soil, when white supremacists massacred a bunch of black people, overthrew the local government, and IIRC defeated national guard troops sent in to stop them?
wap

troyguitar wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:15 pm All I know about Wilmington is that the weather is awesome and it's the site of the only successful coup to happen on US soil, when white supremacists massacred a bunch of black people, overthrew the local government, and IIRC defeated national guard troops sent in to stop them?
:ohdang:
Did NOT hear that story from the locals when we were there :lolol:

It's also the permanent home of the USS North Carolina:
http://www.battleshipnc.com/
:fuckyeah:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:10 pm

I really like it! Very nice beaches are 20 minutes away, downtown is very pretty with old homes, brick streets, a cool riverfront with bars and stuff. It hasn't taken off like Charleston, SC quite as much as a destination for rich whites, which is likely good for price/authenticity.

The only thing I don't think I'd love about living there (and you'd likely agree) is that being a smaller town, it hasn't become more progressive like the larger southern cities, you will find more Trump lovers and Rebel Flags in the area than I'd prefer. That said it is still "urban" enough that I think you could avoid those types of individuals easily enough.

Weather is probably very similar to Charlotte but with a bit of an ocean breeze and slightly more mild winters (so good).
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Installed the Pi-hole docker container on my NAS today and I'm currently testing it with a couple PCs here. Seems to work pretty damned well so far. Didn't have as much luck with the AdGuard container.

Got my Ubiquiti gear in too, so going to be setting that up this weekend.
SAWCE

Got picked up as a “brand ambassador” by my favorite supplement company. Pretty stoked. I’ve had opportunities with other brands before, but didn’t want to put my name on something I don’t actually use. This company I used their stuff daily. If any of the gymbros here, or anyone else who includes whey in their diet, is interested in picking up some stuff you can get a discount on their website www.animalpak.com with BALIUS10 as the coupon code (I score 20% of your order as commissioned store credit for when I grab more supps).
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Hey folks.
:therapist:
SAWCE

Calvinball wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:32 pmHey folks.
Hey Gragas
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Calvinball wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:32 pmHey folks.
:hai:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:31 pm Got picked up as a “brand ambassador” by my favorite supplement company. Pretty stoked. I’ve had opportunities with other brands before, but didn’t want to put my name on something I don’t actually use. This company I used their stuff daily. If any of the gymbros here, or anyone else who includes whey in their diet, is interested in picking up some stuff you can get a discount on their website www.animalpak.com with BALIUS10 as the coupon code (I score 20% of your order as commissioned store credit for when I grab more supps).

I’ll have to keep this in mind for my next shipment.
SAWCE

Apex wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:50 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:31 pm Got picked up as a “brand ambassador” by my favorite supplement company. Pretty stoked. I’ve had opportunities with other brands before, but didn’t want to put my name on something I don’t actually use. This company I used their stuff daily. If any of the gymbros here, or anyone else who includes whey in their diet, is interested in picking up some stuff you can get a discount on their website www.animalpak.com with BALIUS10 as the coupon code (I score 20% of your order as commissioned store credit for when I grab more supps).

I’ll have to keep this in mind for my next shipment.
The pricing isn’t bad. I made an order last week before I found out about this and using someone else’s code for a discount I got 20lbs of whey for $201 shipped. It’s good quality and they add digestive enzymes so you break it down easy and absorb more of it.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

:fuckyeah:.

Congrats dude!