OT 18: Anti-Social Distancing

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Just got home after a long day of work with a last minute fire to put out that caused me to be late. Offspring walks from her play area all the way to me once she saw me, smiled, and hugged my leg.

Heart, melted.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

razr390 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:39 pm Just got home after a long day of work with a last minute fire to put out that caused me to be late. Offspring walks from her play area all the way to me once she saw me, smiled, and hugged my leg.

Heart, melted.
Makes it all worth it.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Just got back from Costco. Place was pretty empty. :notbad: Covid19, :notbad:
Apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:04 pm Just got back from Costco. Place was pretty empty. :notbad: Covid19, :notbad:
:notbad:
razr390

Apex wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:46 pm
razr390 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:39 pm Just got home after a long day of work with a last minute fire to put out that caused me to be late. Offspring walks from her play area all the way to me once she saw me, smiled, and hugged my leg.

Heart, melted.
Makes it all worth it.
:dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

SAWCE wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:23 pm Gym is getting slapped with a hefty fine for being open against orders and they’re shutting down tomorrow. Sucks. A few gyms out here are operating outdoors, so I’m going to have to grab a membership at one of them to tide me over.
Shocked it was open as long as it was .... we’ve been gym
Free for 6 months. Maybe if they served food they could stay open
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Buckling down for fun. Most of the surge shouldn't make it to me, but I'm right on the edge between hurricane and tropical storm warning.
razr390

Acid666 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:29 pm Buckling down for fun. Most of the surge shouldn't make it to me, but I'm right on the edge between hurricane and tropical storm warning.
Please be careful!
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:16 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:23 pm Gym is getting slapped with a hefty fine for being open against orders and they’re shutting down tomorrow. Sucks. A few gyms out here are operating outdoors, so I’m going to have to grab a membership at one of them to tide me over.
They serve food here. Premade healthy meals ready to reheat in the microwave; that was one of their reasons for reopening when we weren’t supposed to. Owner said I could still go train there if I want to, but I’d be on the hook for any fines if cops or whoever show up. $2500, I’ll pass on that and just get a membership somewhere else for the time being. The main bodybuilding gym in SD was allowed to reopen as an outdoor gym a few weeks ago, and they do 3 months for $100 so I’ll hit that tonight and pick up that option. Hopefully mine with only be shut down for a few weeks.
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:54 am
max225 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:16 pm

They serve food here. Premade healthy meals ready to reheat in the microwave; that was one of their reasons for reopening when we weren’t supposed to. Owner said I could still go train there if I want to, but I’d be on the hook for any fines if cops or whoever show up. $2500, I’ll pass on that and just get a membership somewhere else for the time being. The main bodybuilding gym in SD was allowed to reopen as an outdoor gym a few weeks ago, and they do 3 months for $100 so I’ll hit that tonight and pick up that option. Hopefully mine with only be shut down for a few weeks.
Last I heard, the NJ gym has over $70k in fines.
Apex

Just have to get to 5, then we’re heading for the shore. :excited:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Heart, melted.
Aww. Mine saw me and started screaming at me and trying to eat my shoulder. :wub:
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:36 am Just have to get to 5, then we’re heading for the shore. :excited:
Pics
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:36 am Just have to get to 5, then we’re heading for the shore. :excited:
:fuckyeah:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Apex wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:05 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:54 am

Last I heard, the NJ gym has over $70k in fines.
Yeah I don’t know how many fines my gym here has racked up, but it was finally enough to where he couldn’t keep going.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:45 am
Hoping traffic isn’t too bad getting on the island tonight. Usually Friday nights/Saturday mornings are the worst. There is only 1 bridge to get on/off so it’s easy to get backed up.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:41 am
Pics
I know I posted this to IG before, but it’s my favorite pic I’ve taken down there.

ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:50 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:45 am
Hoping traffic isn’t too bad getting on the island tonight. Usually Friday nights/Saturday mornings are the worst. There is only 1 bridge to get on/off so it’s easy to get backed up.
Last week I went down state on Wednesday night to pick up the camper for camping on Friday. I figured leaving Thursday night should mean no traffic. So I worked from the house on Thursday then hit the road around 6pm. HA! was I wrong. It seemed that everyone else had the same idea and leaving at 6 meant for a surprising amount of traffic on I-75 north.

Hopefully you do not experience the same. The busy summer season seems to be winding down a bit up here, so that might be spreading.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:53 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:41 am

Pics
I know I posted this to IG before, but it’s my favorite pic I’ve taken down there.

Excellent!
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:57 am
Apex wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:50 am

Last week I went down state on Wednesday night to pick up the camper for camping on Friday. I figured leaving Thursday night should mean no traffic. So I worked from the house on Thursday then hit the road around 6pm. HA! was I wrong. It seemed that everyone else had the same idea and leaving at 6 meant for a surprising amount of traffic on I-75 north.

Hopefully you do not experience the same. The busy summer season seems to be winding down a bit up here, so that might be spreading.
Yeah, we’ll see what it’s like. Either way it’s not a bad drive.
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:59 pm I am also :moist: now, just gave my :doge: a bath while listening to company town hall. Nothing like listening to our CEO address the gap between the wealthy and the poverty-spec :lolol:
"I'm sorry we just don't have the money to give anyone a raise or a bonus this year."
"Our company hit all it's cost reduction targets so my bonus will be paid in full."

Something something
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:37 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:59 pm I am also :moist: now, just gave my :doge: a bath while listening to company town hall. Nothing like listening to our CEO address the gap between the wealthy and the poverty-spec :lolol:
"I'm sorry we just don't have the money to give anyone a raise or a bonus this year."
"Our company hit all it's cost reduction targets so my bonus will be paid in full."

Something something
:dat: :dat: :dat:
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:39 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:37 am

Something something
That's how it was in our refinery. I'm assuming this is normal for corporate amerika.

Always thought it was funny how hard it was to get someone's salary raised by even like $2k for a consistent top performer. Yet CEO/CFO/COO type bonuses and yearly pay raises were enormous.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:42 am
That's how it was in our refinery. I'm assuming this is normal for corporate amerika.

Always thought it was funny how hard it was to get someone's salary raised by even like $2k for a consistent top performer. Yet CEO/CFO/COO type bonuses and yearly pay raises were enormous.
C suite is a lot of contractual obligations, so raises/bonuses are binding.

My boss made mention that we may not get bonuses for this year, which will suck major :dedong: as I was hoping to use that to cover closing costs next year.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:42 am

My last performance review at GM, I had busted my ass on a project going way above and beyond that resulted in me saving my salary 5x over. Manager recognized it but said "budget cuts blah blah, no raises or bonus, but you should feel lucky to have a job". The next day an article came out that Mary Barra was the highest compensated of any of the Detroit based OEMs, and that year was a record for all the "positive cash flow initiatives" (cost cutting) she implemented. She and the c-suite were getting record bonuses for it.

So basically, they fucked over everyone under them in the company, laying off thousands, so they could get fat ass bonuses.

:neat:

I left two weeks later.