Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:34 am
Apex wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:29 am

Skin flute.
:dat: is pretty much the definition of 80s guitar. Meedley meedley meedley meedley :jizz:
Good luck Troy!

Just remember to wrap the cucumber in foil before sticking it in your leather pants for the audition.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Apex wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:42 am
troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:34 am

:dat: is pretty much the definition of 80s guitar. Meedley meedley meedley meedley :jizz:
Good luck Troy!

Just remember to wrap the cucumber in foil before sticking it in your leather pants for the audition.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:lolgasm:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:32 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:16 am

What's the audition for?
A new hair metal party rock band, hopefully to be up to speed to play a bunch of parties when the plague is over. They did it the smart way and got drums, bass, and vocals together first instead of having 3 guitar players with no rhythm section for months/years. I haven't heard them yet - as long as they're decent :doe: it should be a great start. This area is drowning in country and classic rock bands but nobody plays much outside of those boxes, does anyone really need to hear Wagon Wheel again?

Here's the audition list:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... UwhG-SiqeV
:notbad:

I'd love to play in a band of any kind again, guitar/bass/vox or some combination would be :neat:

Probably never will though :ohwell:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:40 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:42 am

Good luck Troy!

This is the funniest thing I've seen today
Trying to do my part to bring a little laughter to this world. :lol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Apex wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:08 pm
[user not found] wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:40 pm

This is the funniest thing I've seen today
Trying to do my part to bring a little laughter to this world. :lol:
:mahman:
troyguitar

I think I'll be rewatching Spinal Tap, Wayne's World, Bill & Ted, and Top Gun as character research. Also, we've got Bill & Ted 3 and Top Gun 2 coming soon!

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

[user not found] wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:34 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:26 pm I think I'll be rewatching Spinal Tap, Wayne's World, Bill & Ted, and Top Gun as character research. Also, we've got Bill & Ted 3 and Top Gun 2 coming soon!

Bill and Ted 3 looks fantastic
Yep!

Top Gun was pushed again from December to July, 2021. ummm, probably still won't see it in a theater at that point. Not that I don't want to see it, but I don't think I ever want to be that close to that many people chewing, coughing and laughing for a few hours again.
Desertbreh

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:46 pm

Yep!

Top Gun was pushed again from December to July, 2021. ummm, probably still won't see it in a theater at that point. Not that I don't want to see it, but I don't think I ever want to be that close to that many people chewing, coughing and laughing for a few hours again.
YEP
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex

Yep!

Get a boot leg stream to your fancy new Vegas home theatre instead?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:57 pm

Yep!

HOW DARE YOU. speak of such things publicly.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:32 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:16 am

What's the audition for?
A new hair metal party rock band, hopefully to be up to speed to play a bunch of parties when the plague is over. They did it the smart way and got drums, bass, and vocals together first instead of having 3 guitar players with no rhythm section for months/years. I haven't heard them yet - as long as they're decent :doe: it should be a great start. This area is drowning in country and classic rock bands but nobody plays much outside of those boxes, does anyone really need to hear Wagon Wheel again?

Here's the audition list:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... UwhG-SiqeV
:fuckyeah: This is so awesome, I can't even. You'll nail the audition dude.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:26 pm I think I'll be rewatching Spinal Tap, Wayne's World, Bill & Ted, and Top Gun as character research. Also, we've got Bill & Ted 3 and Top Gun 2 coming soon!

I'm mixed on it.

Absolutely love Excellent Adventure. Bogus Journey fell into the same trap most sequels do....overdoing what made the first movie great. Still a good movie, but didn't live up to the first. From what I can tell from the preview of Face the Music, it could go either way. And I'm not sure Keanu can do Ted "Theodore" Logan as well as he used to. Too much serious work since.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:59 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:57 pm

HOW DARE YOU. speak of such things publicly.
:iswydt:
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:
[user not found] wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:34 pm Bill and Ted 3 looks fantastic
I'm mixed on it.

Absolutely love Excellent Adventure. Bogus Journey fell into the same trap most sequels do....overdoing what made the first movie great. Still a good movie, but didn't live up to the first. From what I can tell from the preview of Face the Music, it could go either way. And I'm not sure Keanu can do Ted "Theodore" Logan as well as he used to. Too much serious work since.
I purposely avoid trailers for movies that I know I will watch, but of all things I am least concerned about Reeves as Ted or Cruise as Maverick. The acting will be good. The writing? Eh, my expectations are low.

Bogus Journey was heinous.
troyguitar

Also Cobra Kai season 3 will be out eventually too!

That show is a nostalgic sequel done amazingly well.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:19 pm
Detroit wrote: I'm mixed on it.

I purposely avoid trailers for movies that I know I will watch, but of all things I am least concerned about Reeves as Ted or Cruise as Maverick. The acting will be good. The writing? Eh, my expectations are low.

After watching the trailer (wish I hadn't), I don't believe this to be a foregone conclusion for Reeves. Ted isn't a character he's done in...19 years? I won't say more, but I'm :notsure:
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:22 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:19 pm I purposely avoid trailers for movies that I know I will watch, but of all things I am least concerned about Reeves as Ted or Cruise as Maverick. The acting will be good. The writing? Eh, my expectations are low.

After watching the trailer (wish I hadn't), I don't believe this to be a foregone conclusion for Reeves. Ted isn't a character he's done in...19 years? I won't say more, but I'm :notsure:
If he gets to shoot stuff he will be amazing. Comedy stuff? :iono:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:31 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:22 pm
He found a niche that works great for him. His range has never been great :doe:
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:37 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:31 pm

:notwrong:

The only films of his that come to mind are the Matrix, John Wick, and the Replacements. The Replacements is not a good movie :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:48 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:37 pm
:notwrong:

The only films of his that come to mind are the Matrix, John Wick, and the Replacements. The Replacements is not a good movie :lol:
Oh man, that movie was terrible.

I loved Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure :doe: It's one of my all time favorites.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:05 pm Image
:lolol:
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:05 pm Image
:lolgasm:
ChrisoftheNorth

I will say, Menard's is the only place around here that I know of with the drive-in lumber yards like that. Absolutely gamechanging.