OT 18: Anti-Social Distancing

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:35 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:32 pm :notwrong:

Revenue seems like it must be way down across the board pretty much everywhere :doe: unless you are a grocery or liquor store. I am surprised that unemployment isn't more like 50%.
real unemployment probably is closer to 50 than 25.

Money line go up, doe
Money printer go brrrrrrrrrr.
ZFG.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:32 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
"Hmmm all the other companies out there are doing it, so we can too! Even though we don't need to."

:scrooge:

7 figure bonus for CEO. Stock goes wild. That's all that actually matters anyway.
:notwrong:

Revenue seems like it must be way down across the board pretty much everywhere :doe: unless you are a grocery or liquor store. I am surprised that unemployment isn't more like 50%.
Our company is breaking records and has almost 2X the cash in the bank as PRE-COVID. They have handled it well and returned back people's salaries that were cut, but still haven't reinstated the 401K match.

85% of our business is selling hardware to residential A/V integrators, this biz is really strong as rich people stay rich and they're home more, so they want better networks, home theater, security, etc.

I am in the much smaller commercial division which is way down by comparison, as a ton of our business is for A/V in bars, restaurants, offices, etc. :ohwell:

At least they aren't shit canning me.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:40 pm

Our company is breaking records and has almost 2X the cash in the bank as PRE-COVID. They have handled it well and returned back people's salaries that were cut, but still haven't reinstated the 401K match.

85% of our business is selling hardware to residential A/V integrators, this biz is really strong as rich people stay rich and they're home more, so they want better networks, home theater, security, etc.

I am in the much smaller commercial division which is way down by comparison, as a ton of our business is for A/V in bars, restaurants, offices, etc. :ohwell:

Yeah I guess there are some other businesses booming, like Zoom and apparently bicycles in general.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Work is dumb today. So, I will just move the mouse a bit and watch F1 videos.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

razr390 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:48 pm Work is dumb today. So, I will just move the mouse a bit and watch F1 videos.
:fap:
troyguitar

razr390 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:48 pm Work is dumb today. So, I will just move the mouse a bit and watch F1 videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWMO6uNTKTo
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:25 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:33 pm :scrooge: is lyfe.

:disgust:
"Hmmm all the other companies out there are doing it, so we can too! Even though we don't need to."

7 figure bonus for CEO. Stock goes wild. That's all that actually matters anyway.
We're a private, family owned company so we're not traded on any stock exchange. Owner is supposedly getting a pay cut, too.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:32 pm
Johnny_P wrote:

Our revenue is apparently down 40%. We've stopped almost all inventory purchasing and are fighting with vendors to delay deliveries of material that we bought earlier in the year.
wap

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:35 pm

real unemployment probably is closer to 50 than 25.
Most likely :notwrong:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:44 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:40 pm

Yeah I guess there are some other businesses booming, like Zoom and apparently bicycles in general.
I think it's largely regional. Even restaurants here are booming and companies can't hire for positions. We have like 60 open positions that we can't fill. Nobody wants $30-40K/year jobs when :thankstrump: pays $1K/week to do nothing.
wap

Apex wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:49 pm
:fap:
He want's to do something different today, :doe:
troyguitar

D Griff wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:44 pm Yeah I guess there are some other businesses booming, like Zoom and apparently bicycles in general.
I think it's largely regional. Even restaurants here are booming and companies can't hire for positions. We have like 60 open positions that we can't fill. Nobody wants $30-40K/year jobs when :thankstrump: pays $1K/week to do nothing.
Got anything remote? I know some things about sound.
wap

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:54 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWMO6uNTKTo
:lolol: :notbad:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Cumho hit me with the two week quarantine upon my return from NC. So three weeks off work starting Friday :notbad:

@griffdog I'll hit you up with GoPro Motorplex plans when they've been discussed, and I won't forget the tires.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:05 pm Cumho hit me with the two week quarantine upon my return from NC. So three weeks off work starting Friday :notbad:

@griffdog I'll hit you up with GoPro Motorplex plans when they've been discussed, and I won't forget the tires.
:excited:

:225: :stig: :burnout:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:05 pm
D Griff wrote:
Got anything remote? I know some things about sound.
The number one thing they're struggling to fill is warehouse which would be onsite obviously.

Take a look though - https://careers-snapav.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1

If you see anything interesting that's "office" type work, I can ask around to see if they'd be interested in remote people. They seem kind of stuck on people being in the cities where the offices are (Charlotte and Draper, UT) but I think that is changing.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:59 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:45 pm

Have you looked for gov2go for your state? A few of my friends (including my Turkish friend I get up with who fled from SF since he also got :nope: on the job) are doing it and they actually get $3k a month till end of July, including the weekly $160 a week till end of the year.
:wat: is that?
Gov2go is where you get your unemployment benefits. It ends at July 31st. My friend signed up for it last may and got roughly around $8k (since he filed all the weekly filed questions up until week 10 which is when he jumped on the bandwagon) which began from March. Now he's filing answers on a weekly interval and it ends up on his checking account.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:03 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:59 pm

:wat: is that?
Gov2go is where you get your unemployment benefits. It ends at July 31st. My friend signed up for it last may and got roughly around $8k (since he filed all the weekly filed questions up until week 10 which is when he jumped on the bandwagon) which began from March. Now he's filing answers on a weekly interval and it ends up on his checking account.
There is absolutely no way I am downloading a 3rd party Chinese brogrammer app to access my government benefits and give them my social security number to do so.

uc.pa.gov works just fine for me.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:12 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:03 pm

There is absolutely no way I am downloading a 3rd party Chinese brogrammer app to access my government benefits and give them my social security number to do so.

The Chinese and the Russians have access to that, too. What’s the difference?
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:54 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:12 pm

The Chinese and the Russians have access to that, too. What’s the difference?
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:04 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:44 pm

They'll be crying when :thankstrump: dries up at the end of July?

That is...if it actually does.
Johnny_P

Verizon fios internet only
200/200 speed
$55/mo all in
Includes a free year of Disney Plus

Should I :doit: ? Currently have comcast and spending around $110 for internet and basic bitch cable TV local stuff.

Speed tests seem to think I have 45/6 speed right now.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:53 pm Verizon fios internet only
200/200 speed
$55/mo all in
Includes a free year of Disney Plus

Should I :doit: ? Currently have comcast and spending around $110 for internet and basic bitch cable TV local stuff.

Speed tests seem to think I have 45/6 speed right now.
I would, but I fucking despise Comcast.
Johnny_P

Is 200 Mbps good enough? I legit don't know or care. I watch apple TV stuff and prime and netfux. No gaming or anything.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:07 pm Is 200 Mbps good enough? I legit don't know or care. I watch apple TV stuff and prime and netfux. No gaming or anything.
200mbps will do you just fine.