MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Johnny_P wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 10:58 am
Apex wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 10:53 am

The weekend is looking :nice:
80F Saturday? I should go out for a long ride. Nice.
Speaking of bikes, I have my old bike as a kid at a storage in my grandparents house. I just need to pump/get new tires, perhaps get my chain oiled. 21 speed, hard suspension and forks, and v brakes since it's a 90's bike, but rides good last time I rode, in 2005?. Found a shop not far from me by walking distance, asked a few q's and their prices are quite a steal
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

dubshow wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 12:06 pm
wap wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 11:38 am

Of course I didn't, which I said. :fax: reads about as good as he spells.

And she is licensed.
:yeahok:

:sissyfight:
:iono: She gets it renewed on the reg.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

dubshow wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 12:08 pm
wap wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 11:40 am
It's actually our second positive and we have 3 more suspected positives that we're still waiting to hear on. We also had 2 or 3 other suspected positives a few weeks ago that came back negative. :sweaty:
:notbad:

out of 2 major city offices I dont think we have any sickness in our company.

Chalupabatman (GM :dillerman: ) had an employee pull the "im not safe here" and took 2/3rds pay to not come to work (generous offering imo) and ended up fucking around and catching the virus being a :derp: while not attending work for safety.

people gonna people. :ohwell:
:ohdang: What a :derp:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

It's actually our second positive and we have 3 more suspected positives that we're still waiting to hear on. We also had 2 or 3 other suspected positives a few weeks ago that came back negative. :sweaty:

Chalupabatman (GM :dillerman: ) had an employee pull the "im not safe here" and took 2/3rds pay to not come to work (generous offering imo) and ended up fucking around and catching the virus being a :derp: while not attending work for safety.

We have people all over the world, mostly in Charlotte and outside of Salt Lake City. Zero cases at a 1k employee company.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

We’ve had three cases in our site alone. : thisisfine:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 1:04 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 12:35 pm

We have people all over the world, mostly in Charlotte and outside of Salt Lake City. Zero cases at a 1k employee company.
Almost 6k people, no cases from office based spread.
I read a really interesting article about spread, probably nothing new for most who have read a lot more about it, but clearly, being in an office where you're in one space with many for many hours at a time, is very high risk.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

D Griff wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 1:07 pm

I read a really interesting article about spread, probably nothing new for most who have read a lot more about it, but clearly, being in an office where you're in one space with many for many hours at a time, is very high risk.
RIP the entire dispatch center.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:dat: this is why I feel like work at home should be mandated, or at the very minimum, minimize capacity of the office for those that are actually required to work in the office.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

So here's what happened today. Malls are finally open solely for retail for short hours, picked up my friend and drove around the city, and Jesus the traffic is basically back to normal, almost seems like corona doesn't exist. It took me about 40 minutes just to drive for 15 miles. Kids are finally allowed to leave home and what do you know, I saw endless parents with kids, endless. I never bothered to go to the mall because I passed by a couple and holy lines! I saw atleast 50 people on the line, wearing masks and some not social distancing, so I :nope: on shopping today. It's a good thing I didn't went ahead and parked in the parking garage. Tomorrow going to stop by my grandparents and go to a mall nearby where it is rarely crowded since it's kind of outside of the city. Then going for a 2.5 drive to my aunts parents summer place to celebrate my cousins birthday whose turning 2 tomorrow. Booked my barber appointment next week, so I'm gonna settle for public transportation for it since I won't be having a car by then and I know finding a place to park in that area is gonna be hell.

Yesterday was like 80's and now dropped to 58 and windy with overcast, so my kind of weather.
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Wed May 13, 2020 2:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

D Griff wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 12:35 pm

we have 11k globally, so I cant speak for outside my region. I figured its a stretch to say no one out of 11k people has it. :iono:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 12:21 pm

:ohdang: What a :derp:
yeah, now he banned from work :lolol: meanwhile, no one at the dillershit has it and they have epic cleaning standards.
Desertbreh

NeonJonny wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:00 am
Tarspin wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:43 pm Gave my kid a haircut today, it turned out 5/7
First attempt? "Good enough for the girls we run with"
My hair is getting to be as long as I can stand it in the summer. :triggered: If i gotta wait another month i might just let her buzz it.
Big hair sucks. I let my woman hack it the first time a month ago thinking if it was just enormously terrible I'd just go full Marine. She did a great job and now I'm getting my hair cut more than I did before this stuff!
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 1:10 pm

:dat: I suspect we read the same one.
we have signs all over that only GM approved essentials are allowed in office. Weve had 6-10 people in a 2 floor office for 200 people. I feel pretty damn safe in an empty office.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:14 pm

My hair is getting to be as long as I can stand it in the summer. :triggered: If i gotta wait another month i might just let her buzz it.
Big hair sucks. I let my woman hack it the first time a month ago thinking if it was just enormously terrible I'd just go full Marine. She did a great job and now I'm getting my hair cut more than I did before this stuff!
I wish my wife would do this. I asked her and she made me do it myself. I stopped half way in.
Desertbreh

Classic. Scared to go to work. Not scared to fuck off with your posse.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:11 pm So here's what happened today. Malls are finally open solely for retail for short hours, picked up my friend and drove around the city, and Jesus the traffic is basically back to normal, almost seems like corona doesn't exist. It took me about 40 minutes just to drive for 15 miles. Kids are finally allowed to leave home and what do you know, I saw endless parents with kids, endless. I never bothered to go to the mall because I passed by a couple and holy lines! I saw atleast 50 people on the line, wearing masks and some not social distancing, so I :nope: on shopping today. It's a good thing I didn't went ahead and parked in the parking garage. Tomorrow going to stop by my grandparents and go to a mall nearby where it is rarely crowded since it's kind of outside of the city. Then going for a 2.5 drive to my aunts parents summer place to celebrate my cousins birthday whose turning 2 tomorrow. Booked my barber appointment next week, so I'm gonna settle for public transportation for it since I won't be having a car by then and I know finding a place to park in that area is gonna be hell.

Yesterday was like 80's and now dropped to 58 and windy with overcast, so my kind of weather.
:word: Our malls and stuff opened as well, I'm staying away but I hear they are rather busy.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:21 pm
dubshow wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:16 pm

we have signs all over that only GM approved essentials are allowed in office. Weve had 6-10 people in a 2 floor office for 200 people. I feel pretty damn safe in an empty office.
Yeah that's a pretty good setup assuming you were industry standard for sq/ft beforehand.

We have folks access cards disabled if they don't have approval.

The article Griff is referring to would be defined as "fully occupied" space.
:dat:

I am basically on the "least essential" list as far as needing to be in the office. It sounds like they will likely bring in more essential people first and spread them out over the entire space. We have three floors here in CLT, each with two separated, sides, normally accommodating 300+.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:47 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:11 pm So here's what happened today. Malls are finally open solely for retail for short hours, picked up my friend and drove around the city, and Jesus the traffic is basically back to normal, almost seems like corona doesn't exist. It took me about 40 minutes just to drive for 15 miles. Kids are finally allowed to leave home and what do you know, I saw endless parents with kids, endless. I never bothered to go to the mall because I passed by a couple and holy lines! I saw atleast 50 people on the line, wearing masks and some not social distancing, so I :nope: on shopping today. It's a good thing I didn't went ahead and parked in the parking garage. Tomorrow going to stop by my grandparents and go to a mall nearby where it is rarely crowded since it's kind of outside of the city. Then going for a 2.5 drive to my aunts parents summer place to celebrate my cousins birthday whose turning 2 tomorrow. Booked my barber appointment next week, so I'm gonna settle for public transportation for it since I won't be having a car by then and I know finding a place to park in that area is gonna be hell.

:word: Our malls and stuff opened as well, I'm staying away but I hear they are rather busy.
Interesting fact. Our state governor decided to go for phase 1 reopening on the 29th for northern VA in particular while the rest of the state will open in 2 days. https://dcist.com/story/20/05/12/northe ... orial-day/
Northern Virginia also makes up the lion’s share of COVID-19 cases in the commonwealth. Virginia has reported 1,199 new cases over the past 24 hours, and more than 700 of those are from Northern Virginia while about 270 are from the rest of Virginia, according to the governor’s statement. “On any given day, 70 percent of the Commonwealth’s positive cases are attributable to the Northern Virginia Region,” reads Northam’s statement.
Last month, Arlington County alone has tons of cases for its population, but very minimal deaths because :millennial:

DC will have stay at home orders till June 8th and since I work in DC, I can't legally go back till then.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

I don't like long hair. I'm not a girl or something.
Https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QnM1811TZ7A
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Been worried about my mom since our chat on mother's day. She sounded really down/lonely from her cousin passing.

We were up in her area buying trees from our wholesale dude, and he had these little ornamental gingko biloba trees that I thought she'd like. Picked one up and dropped it off at her house with a note. She was bummed she couldn't see me (take the virus seriously especially now), but the tree helped.

What a weird time this is.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

The lady I had cutting my hair for the last few years had enough with Michigan and abruptly moved to Alabama last December. My wife "always wanted to try cutting hair" so I let her do my annual cut in January. It took her a LONG time (hour or so), but it was the best damned haircut I've ever had.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 4:20 pm

The lady I had cutting my hair for the last few years had enough with Michigan and abruptly moved to Alabama last December. My wife "always wanted to try cutting hair" so I let her do my annual cut in January. It took her a LONG time (hour or so), but it was the best damned haircut I've ever had.
She knows she has to look at it every day, so she took great care :lolol:

I've noticed this about many things though. Experience is certainly valuable, but so much can be DIYed as well or better than a professional if you really care (like plumbing, auto repair, etc.).
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 4:23 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 4:20 pm

I've noticed this about many things though. Experience is certainly valuable, but so much can be DIYed as well or better than a professional if you really care (like plumbing, auto repair, etc.).
Caring results in greater attention to detail, which can have :mindblown: results, for sure. It's part of why I DIY so much shit.
Desertbreh

Detroit wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 4:28 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 4:23 pm

Caring results in greater attention to detail, which can have :mindblown: results, for sure. It's part of why I DIY so much shit.
SOMETIMES. I just paid $4800 to paint the exterior of my house and I can assure you that I could have taken three weeks to do it and not even come close to what this dude did in 5 days. The equipment and masking skills of a professional painter (and PATIENCE, the prep work sucks balls) were worth every nickel. No drips, no runs, no errors.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 4:41 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 4:28 pm
SOMETIMES. I just paid $4800 to paint the exterior of my house and I can assure you that I could have taken three weeks to do it and not even come close to what this dude did in 5 days. The equipment and masking skills of a professional painter (and PATIENCE, the prep work sucks balls) were worth every nickel. No drips, no runs, no errors.
:dat: It's case by case.

I touched up some areas on the C5 during my project with this :waxer: 3 stage touch up spray paint. I sanded, all of it. It looks shitty. Fortunately, it's all out of site, but that is definitely an area where the experience is key.