OT 18: Anti-Social Distancing

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:52 pm
Wocka Wocka wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:40 pm

So, annual flu cases in the United States are 32 to 56 million. Annual flu deaths are 24 to 62 thousand. Taking the high numbers, that is .11%

Even if we assume we have 10x the amount of cases that we have currently confirmed, 11.2 million and 71K deaths. That works out to a .63% death rate

I'm even giving the leeway there that there have been no extra deaths out of the 10x increase.

You're :wrong: no matter how you cut it.
You brought facts to a fax fight.
I did that math a month ago and you hung me out to dry as :wrong: daddy [user not found].

am I all the sudden :notwrong:
brain go brrrrrr
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:39 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:17 pm

I did that math a month ago and you hung me out to dry as :wrong: daddy [user not found].

Where did I say anyone was right? I made a joke. You need to seriously cool your tits. You jerk off recently bro?
:popcorn:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

“Area under the curve” and comparing annual numbers in an attempt to classify this thing as “not that bad” as reasoning to not have restrictions in place is missing literally all the important pieces of the puzzle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:therapist:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:39 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:17 pm

Where did I say anyone was right? I made a joke. You need to seriously cool your tits. You jerk off recently bro?
my nipples are hard already, yours?
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:38 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:30 pm

my nipples are hard already, yours?
Literally always.
Pix.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Wocka Wocka wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:40 pm So, annual flu cases in the United States are 32 to 56 million. Annual flu deaths are 24 to 62 thousand. Taking the high numbers, that is .11%

Even if we assume we have 10x the amount of cases that we have currently confirmed, 11.2 million and 71K deaths. That works out to a .63% death rate

I'm even giving the leeway there that there have been no extra deaths out of the 10x increase.

the CDC even admits that flu is probably under diagnosed, making it smaller even still as a percentage.

the entire country is clamoring about how there are not enough, or apparently not accurate, tests available. the kill rate for covid 19 while it might be higher than the flu but the number you posted is an order of magnitude guess at best.
So you’re making my point even better for me?

I also used your own metrics for COVID-19 tests darling. So, not sure what else you’d like.

Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

SAWCE wrote:
[user not found] wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:38 pm Literally always.
Pix.
:dat:

In the special chat though, the plebs are worthy.

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Wocka Wocka wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:49 pm
SAWCE wrote:
Pix.
:dat:

In the special snowflake chat though, the plebs are worthy.

keep that werid shit to y'all selves
brain go brrrrrr
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Wocka Wocka wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:40 pm

So, annual flu cases in the United States are 32 to 56 million. Annual flu deaths are 24 to 62 thousand. Taking the high numbers, that is .11%

:roasted:
:mahman:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Wocka Wocka wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:49 pm :dat:

In the special snowflake chat though, the plebs are worthy.

keep that werid shit to y'all selves
Oh. You know you’re :jelly:

Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

If you boys can't control yourself, Larry is going to have to ask you to to leave
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

Irish wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:26 am Image

If you boys can't control yourself, Larry is going to have to ask you to to leave
Lolz buncha :sass: in here.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

NeonJonny wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:38 am
Irish wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:26 am Image

Lolz buncha :sass: in here.
SASSY BOIS

fuck i need some crawfishes before i leave
brain go brrrrrr
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 2:41 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 2:31 pm Interesting...

Work just sent out a survey to all employees about working during this time, and the jist of it was about how we are doing and when you want to come back to the office. I know that a few of my employees answered like I did with the "Never" option.

let's see how this plays out, especially with us nearly completing our new building that is a bigger twin to our headquarters...
Was this:

Now this:

The first building is 500,000 square feet and the new one is 750,000 square feet. That's a lot of space in an expensive area for everyone to work from home.. But to be honest we will still be kind of cramped once that building is opened up since the plan is to mostly vacate the 9 other older buildings we have in the area once this project is complete.
Our metric for a "full" office was 90% of designed occupancy. We are still sorting it out but are guessing that our go back max occupancy will be reduced to around 60%.
85-90% is the usual standard to leave room for temporary expansions, visitors, etc.
Right now, we are going through our floor plans and modeling layouts for 30% and 50% capacities, and drawing up routes for one-way corridors.

The toughest part is that we are simply doing all of this so that senior leadership at corporate headquarters can make a decision. I've been rather vocal about the fact that the longer they take to make a decision, the harder it is going to be to get the needed supplies to correctly implement the decisions. With things starting to open back up, EVERYONE is going to be mass-ordering face masks, hand sanitizers, floor stickers, social distancing signage, and anything else under the sun that is marketed towards COVID-19.

For example, two weeks ago, I brought up some self-cleaning overlays that I had found for elevator buttons and other touch points. They were readily available then. Yesterday, the online store was shut down so that they could work on filling backorders.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

wap wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:41 pm
:roasted:
:mahman:
:dat: LULZ
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:howdy:

What's everyone up to today? I'm WFH for 8 hrs. Kids need schooling help, and I started sanding hand rails for my stair project. I will probably do a bit of each today.

This lockdown is exhausting, I want to go back to work and finally get a break 😜
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Tarspin wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:48 am :howdy:

What's everyone up to today? I'm WFH for 8 hrs. Kids need schooling help, and I started sanding hand rails for my stair project. I will probably do a bit of each today.

This lockdown is exhausting, I want to go back to work and finally get a break 😜
work, packing, sellig shit, giving shit away.

Im at almost 1k for selling shit. Minibike, welder, and various bullshit is gone.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:07 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:56 am

work, packing, selling shit, giving shit away.

Im at almost 1k for selling shit. Minibike, welder, and various bullshit is gone.
Moving... the worst. The only time that selling all your shit for 1/3rd it's value only to buy it again at full price in 18 months feels like a victory.
:notwrong:

I used welder once in 3 years
minibike has not been ridden by me at this new house, and i have an actual dirt bike now
drill press and duplicate grider
the other stuff i sold was mostly shit from the attic that was bulky and also not used, so was thrown on FB market for 20 bucks before it was put at curb :troywax:

Since we are renting....this is another 2 moves so I'm ok with 'losing' some coin to A) not have to move it twice B) increase the likelihood everything fits on the truck. edit C) everything fits in the house so we dont have to rent storage
brain go brrrrrr
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:33 am

Moving... the worst. The only time that selling all your shit for 1/3rd it's value only to buy it again at full price in 18 months feels like a victory.
:notwrong:

I used welder once in 3 years
minibike has not been ridden by me at this new house, and i have an actual dirt bike now
drill press and duplicate grider
the other stuff i sold was mostly shit from the attic that was bulky and also not used, so was thrown on FB market for 20 bucks before it was put at curb :troywax:

Since we are renting....this is another 2 moves so I'm ok with 'losing' some coin to A) not have to move it twice B) increase the likelihood everything fits on the truck. edit C) everything fits in the house so we dont have to rent storage
I don't envy your move Brad, hopefully it's going to be worth it. Any new news on the home sail? Last I heard you could sell it for a pretty profit/make you whole again?
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:56 am

work, packing, sellig shit, giving shit away.

I can say without a doubt that the moving process was one of the most stressful experiences of my life. And by that I mean when I had to pack an entire apartment by myself. At one point I just threw shit in garbage bags and threw them into the truck :aintcare: it was that bad. If I hadn’t had friends come help me one day to move the super heavy shit I would’ve been toast
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:56 am
Tarspin wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:48 am :howdy:

Until the good Dr busted her flipper I was working in the office twice a week by myself. It was a dream.
I got out once last week, spent time at my remote office to invoice for some recent service visit and other billable. I ended up at my cousin's shop afterwards and came home a new man after that freedom.

I hate to say it but those people with no CF and a steady income stream have the best of all worlds. :jelly:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Fuck man. Went to get tacos last night. Expected to wait in line since dual Cinco de Mayo and Taco Tuesday, but waited way longer than anticipated. Got home and hour and a half later with our tacos, I’m starving at this point. Smoke a quick bowl, take Ava out to pee while waiting for the weed to hit. Get back inside, fully stoned, start eating. I got 6 tacos, they’re all wrapped in foil. Open the first one up and just start chowing down. After a few bites something feels weird in my mouth.. papery. I ignore it, take another bite, still there. Figure the tortilla got burnt weird or something. Finish the taco. Open the next one, inside the foil the taco is also wrapped in that wax paper stuff that they use :lolol: I just ate right through that shit on the first one because I was so hungry and high. The funny thing is, I figured that’s what it was on the first one, but in my head I was like “nah, I would have seen that when I opened the foil”... I could have easily just taken and extra second to look at the taco between bites, but nope.

Don’t do drugs, kids.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:58 am Fuck man. Went to get tacos last night. Expected to wait in line since dual Cinco de Mayo and Taco Tuesday, but waited way longer than anticipated. Got home and hour and a half later with our tacos, I’m starving at this point. Smoke a quick bowl, take Ava out to pee while waiting for the weed to hit. Get back inside, fully stoned, start eating. I got 6 tacos, they’re all wrapped in foil. Open the first one up and just start chowing down. After a few bites something feels weird in my mouth.. papery. I ignore it, take another bite, still there. Figure the tortilla got burnt weird or something. Finish the taco. Open the next one, inside the foil the taco is also wrapped in that wax paper stuff that they use :lolol: I just ate right through that shit on the first one because I was so hungry and high. The funny thing is, I figured that’s what it was on the first one, but in my head I was like “nah, I would have seen that when I opened the foil”... I could have easily just taken and extra second to look at the taco between bites, but nope.

Don’t do drugs, kids.
:lolol:
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

I remember my first bowl.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

SAWCE wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:58 am Fuck man. Went to get tacos last night. Expected to wait in line since dual Cinco de Mayo and Taco Tuesday, but waited way longer than anticipated. Got home and hour and a half later with our tacos, I’m starving at this point. Smoke a quick bowl, take Ava out to pee while waiting for the weed to hit. Get back inside, fully stoned, start eating. I got 6 tacos, they’re all wrapped in foil. Open the first one up and just start chowing down. After a few bites something feels weird in my mouth.. papery. I ignore it, take another bite, still there. Figure the tortilla got burnt weird or something. Finish the taco. Open the next one, inside the foil the taco is also wrapped in that wax paper stuff that they use :lolol: I just ate right through that shit on the first one because I was so hungry and high. The funny thing is, I figured that’s what it was on the first one, but in my head I was like “nah, I would have seen that when I opened the foil”... I could have easily just taken and extra second to look at the taco between bites, but nope.

Don’t do drugs, kids.
You waited 1.5 hr for Mexican Street food 2 miles from
The Mexican border ?