OT 18: Anti-Social Distancing

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:40 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:36 pm
I'm sick of the "what iffing" for us personally. Our "problem" is we have no reason to not have a choice. No kids or family ties to keep us in one place or another...right now it's just our "dream house" and job prospects keeping us where we are.

I'm also sick of moving, but we really took full advantage of the housing boom...so even that I can't be too upset about. We're the youngest on our street by a wide margin.
Floating in a sea of Boomers.

:neat:
Boomers and people in their 40's with CF's.

The CF's are super well behaved though, so really can't complain there. The Boomers are more of the left leaning persuasion because of the area we live in. They're all super cool. Mary, my next door neighbor who still has the 1964 Corvette Fuelie that she bought NEW is :jimp: Her husband is a 6'6" tank, and they never had kids. They're the original :pinshit: warriors...what we aspire to be
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:13 pm
Wocka Wocka wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:08 pm
We’re not going anywhere for another 3 years. Kid graduates in 2023 and we’re not making him change schools. We’ve got stable jobs and we certainly don’t hate it here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sometimes not having a choice because of one reason or the other lets you focus and stop "what iffing" every aspect of your life.
:dat: for sure.

I am amazed by how much easier it is to be content with my job since I committed to my boss to stay for all of 2020. I have applied for a couple of things but for the most part, just trying to make the best of this and see where it takes me.

I have also found the whole COVID :bs: has made me really take a step back and realize I love where I live and while I'll probably always dream of working for an audio company in SOCal, if I don't ever, that's OK.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:44 pm
[user not found] wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:40 pm

Floating in a sea of Boomers.

:neat:

The CF's are super well behaved though, so really can't complain there. The Boomers are more of the left leaning persuasion because of the area we live in. They're all super cool. Mary, my next door neighbor who still has the 1964 Corvette Fuelie that she bought NEW is :jimp: Her husband is a 6'6" tank, and they never had kids. They're the original :pinshit: warriors...what we aspire to be
:impressive:

I am "tied down" here for many reasons... parents who aren't getting any younger, well paying job that I don't love but is chill, wife/her job, friends, lots of car shit to do here. I think the itch to "what if" is more about just feeling like a loser for living in my hometown sometimes. But whatever, it's a good place. I've gotten to travel a lot and have lived elsewhere.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:47 pm

I am "tied down" here for many reasons... parents who aren't getting any younger, well paying job that I don't love but is chill, wife/her job, friends, lots of car shit to do here. I think the itch to "what if" is more about just feeling like a loser for living in my hometown sometimes. But whatever, it's a good place. I've gotten to travel a lot and have lived elsewhere.
If I was from where you are, I wouldn't feel like a loser staying there.

MI blows in comparison.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:47 pm

If your hometown is Gary Indiana, you're a loser. Charlotte? No.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:16 pm Well. Well. Well.
https://www.facebook.com/131459315949/p ... 55950/?d=n
:ludacris:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:12 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:44 pm I have also found the whole COVID :bs: has made me really take a step back and realize I love where I live and while I'll probably always dream of working for an audio company in SOCal, if I don't ever, that's OK.
This has made me realize I can get by on a lot less.

I have no desire to go back to the dillership. I don't miss a single part of what I used to do. I don't miss the stress, the petty BS, the rotting my brain at a desk every day. None of it.

Landscaping has literally been a breath a fresh air.
:amazing:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:44 pm I have also found the whole COVID :bs: has made me really take a step back and realize I love where I live and while I'll probably always dream of working for an audio company in SOCal, if I don't ever, that's OK.

I have no desire to go back to the dillership. I don't miss a single part of what I used to do. I don't miss the stress, the petty BS, the rotting my brain at a desk every day. None of it.

:word: I am a little :jelly: TBH. I remember working at the golf course back in college doing landscaping and that was a pretty enjoyable job. $9/hour ain't gonna work :doe: :ohwell:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

You might even get a few Saturday’s to yourself! :mindblown:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:23 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:16 pm Well. Well. Well.
https://www.facebook.com/131459315949/p ... 55950/?d=n
:ludacris:
:thisisfine:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

It seems like people are already itching to travel now that things began to be better in Europe
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.eurowe ... ement/amp/
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:50 pm It seems like people are already itching to travel now that things began to be better in Europe
Wonder if Dave will be going to Spain this year?
:pouroneout:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:20 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:50 pm It seems like people are already itching to travel now that things began to be better in Europe
I miss dave, he might escaped somewhere else or hoons on the autobahn, etc
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

Are you guys using the Anne Frank app?

https://www.pe.com/2020/04/09/new-river ... th-orders/
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:39 pm
wap wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:20 pm

Probably both.
wap

NeonJonny wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:40 pm Are you guys using the Anne Frank app?

https://www.pe.com/2020/04/09/new-river ... th-orders/
Oh wow.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:58 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:39 pm

Probably both.
The dual carriage way in north of Istanbul is essentially an autobahn but shorter, plus some highways in the country. I had a few regular joes passed me at 180 km's when I was going 150-160
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:07 pm
wap wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:58 pm

Probably both.
The dual carriage way in north of Istanbul is essentially an autobahn but shorter, plus some highways in the country. I had a few regular joes passed me at 180 km's when I was going 150-160
ChrisoftheNorth

So um...in :alpo: news, we got $1.5k in Trump bux today despite not being eligible. It's about what we'd get with the wife's layoff, so did they change the calc?

That shit will be spent 100% on supporting my local economy. Spent $100 of it on beer from our favorite brewery today.

Neighbors next door gave us an old child bike trailer that we put the dog in and rode to the brewery and put a pallet of beer in. Was a 5/7 afternoon!
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:41 pm So um...in :alpo: news, we got $1.5k in Trump bux today despite not being eligible. It's about what we'd get with the wife's layoff, so did they change the calc?

That shit will be spent 100% on supporting my local economy. Spent $100 of it on beer from our favorite brewery today.

Neighbors next door gave us an old child bike trailer that we put the dog in and rode to the brewery and put a pallet of beer in. Was a 5/7 afternoon!
:wtf:
:nice:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:10 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:41 pm So um...in :alpo: news, we got $1.5k in Trump bux today despite not being eligible. It's about what we'd get with the wife's layoff, so did they change the calc?

:wtf: was my reaction when I checked the bank acct this morning.

Whatever. Legit all $1,500 will be spent supporting the local businesses we believe in. Not saving or investing it, we REALLY want to make sure our favorite places stay open. Will be ordering more takeout now for sure.

The dudes at the brewery were stoked we bought so much beer, and were even more :mindblown: when I loaded it in the back of a fucking kids bike trailer with a 50lb English bulldog/pit mix sleeping in the seat in front.

Double dry hopped cider is outstanding, and they had two Double NEIPAS "Drastic Times" and "Drastic Measures". On Drastic Measures after Times and they're both outstanding.

:drunk:
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:22 pm

Whatever. Legit all $1,500 will be spent supporting the local businesses we believe in. Not saving or investing it, we REALLY want to make sure our favorite places stay open. Will be ordering more takeout now for sure.

The dudes at the brewery were stoked we bought so much beer, and were even more :mindblown: when I loaded it in the back of a fucking kids bike trailer with a 50lb English bulldog/pit mix sleeping in the seat in front.

Double dry hopped cider is outstanding, and they had two Double NEIPAS "Drastic Times" and "Drastic Measures". On Drastic Measures after Times and they're both outstanding.

:fuckyeah:
Desertbreh

Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:22 pm

CSB!
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth