OT 17: WELCOME TO THE CORONADOME!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

SAWCE wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:00 am Bumped my 491k contribution up by 2% when I found out about my raise. Just checked my paystub for the first check with the raise in it, and after that and the extra taxes, I’ll have $3 extra in my weekly paycheck :troywax:
1. Throw that $3.00 in high-yield savings.
2. Freeze yourself for 1,000 years.
3. Hope the bank is still in business.
4. Profit.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Wocka Wocka wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:21 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:00 am Bumped my 491k contribution up by 2% when I found out about my raise. Just checked my paystub for the first check with the raise in it, and after that and the extra taxes, I’ll have $3 extra in my weekly paycheck :troywax:
4. Profit.
:notbad: :waxer:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:14 am My sleep has been all over the place. Last night, head hit the pillow and I was OUT for 4 hours...then something random work me up, and it took me an hour to fall back to sleep. Nearly 9 hours in total :doe:

I'm more disappointed in my poor eating and drinking habits lately. I really don't feel very good physically, but I also don't seem to care that much. I feel like I'm letting myself down but also :aintcare: at the same time.

Wife is going absolutely insane and yelled at me for doing the dishes this morning. She said she was going to do them last night, but didn't...so I just did them because there was something in the sink smelling rank. I may have muttered "I hate doing dishes" and that sent her into :triggered: mode.

:rolleyes:
My wife sometimes gets :triggered: that I do household tasks "before she has time" (read: I do most household tasks). I am just the type of person to do something immediately when I see it needs to be done. SHe can be a bit lazier :rolleyes: :ohwell:
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:47 am
Apex wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:21 am

That must be nice.
My Alpo luck is striking big time. I feel physically better than I have in a long time. I've also been busy enough my mental health has been great but as things are coming out of crisis mode we will see if I can keep it there.
My entire families mental health has plummeted big time. Because we can’t do anything.

Wifey was finally getting to be in a really good place after a few years. And then the state decided to say fuck everyone; we don’t give a fuck about you or your mental well-being. Stay the fuck home and be miserable.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

4. Profit.
Who dis?
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Worth a read:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/04/ ... 3B5Vk6-DWU

I shared the swede take yesterday. Much :triggered: much :howdareu: But still worth talking about, like adults.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:29 am

4. Profit.
Who dis?
Nathan
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:28 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:14 am My sleep has been all over the place. Last night, head hit the pillow and I was OUT for 4 hours...then something random work me up, and it took me an hour to fall back to sleep. Nearly 9 hours in total :doe:

I'm more disappointed in my poor eating and drinking habits lately. I really don't feel very good physically, but I also don't seem to care that much. I feel like I'm letting myself down but also :aintcare: at the same time.

Wife is going absolutely insane and yelled at me for doing the dishes this morning. She said she was going to do them last night, but didn't...so I just did them because there was something in the sink smelling rank. I may have muttered "I hate doing dishes" and that sent her into :triggered: mode.

My wife sometimes gets :triggered: that I do household tasks "before she has time" (read: I do most household tasks). I am just the type of person to do something immediately when I see it needs to be done. SHe can be a bit lazier :rolleyes: :ohwell:
This is the argument that ensued this morning "I SAID I WOULD DO IT I DIDN'T HAVE TIME YET"

The dishes smelled, I wasn't doing anything (neither was she), so I did them.

:triggered:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

Don’t know if this is true or not, but I was just told the president of one of our General Dynamics divisions (Electric Boat out on the east coast) has tested positive for Covid-19. Maybe we’ll finally get to work from home! Probably not lol
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Apex wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:29 am
[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:47 am

My Alpo luck is striking big time. I feel physically better than I have in a long time. I've also been busy enough my mental health has been great but as things are coming out of crisis mode we will see if I can keep it there.
My entire families mental health has plummeted big time. Because we can’t do anything.

Wifey was finally getting to be in a really good place after a few years. And then the state decided to say fuck everyone; we don’t give a fuck about you or your mental well-being. Stay the fuck home and be miserable.
:hai: Pecs, I'm sensing the frustration through your posts. Hope it gets better bro.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

dubshow wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:32 am Worth a read:

I shared the swede take yesterday. Much :triggered: much :howdareu: But still worth talking about, like adults.
Also worth a read:

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/c ... premature/

Sweden could still end up being a disaster. Too early to know either day.
Desertbreh

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:59 am
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:52 am Chris I will concede that sometimes I do not understand why certain items become WELDED to pans, which does make me scrub in anger.
I'm not sure if it's high water pressure, or the design of the faucet, or what...but it's ridiculously easy for water to catch just the right angle in a pan, bowl, spoon, etc to make it shoot across the kitchen. We use cast iron pans, which means utilizing chainmail or a plastic scraper to clean. While welded substances are no match for chainmail, the pans are heavy and maintaining the perfect angle to prohibit long range water ejection is difficult and tiring. It's inevitable that once a cleaning cycle I'll get some long range water ejection, and when it happens I feel that an uttering of "I fucking hate dishes" out of frustration is warranted and not worthy of a spousal :triggered:
He have this dedicated icemaker that makes the round cubes with the punts in them, like a wine bottle. When I fill a glass with these cubes then stick them under the water dispenser in the fridge. the stream will hit a punt and literally shoot four or five feet onto the floor.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

D Griff wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:29 am

4. Profit.
Who dis?
:lol: :roasted:
brain go brrrrrr
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

My wife always complained about me being around more, now that I am she is actually in a better mood. We still have tiffs and tussles :hubba: , but less so. I'm thankful for it.

Wellness in our household comes and goes in waves, so next week could be totally different.
Desertbreh

Agreed brah. Get that shit high and tight without further delay.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:46 am

The wife and I are pretty much always on the same page about household chores. The most :triggered: I get is when she has 3 or 4 projects half started. I prefer to finish what I'm doing and move onto the next thing.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

:howdareu: :triggered: :gonbgud:
Without reliable information on what proportion of the population has already been exposed and successfully fought off the coronavirus, it’s worth questioning the value of social-isolation controls. It is possible that the fastest and safest way to “flatten the curve” is to allow young people to mix normally while requiring only the frail and sick to remain isolated.
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Wocka Wocka wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:43 am

Also worth a read:

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/c ... premature/

Sweden could still end up being a disaster. Too early to know either day.
Its the only test base we have for alternatives. For sure.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:50 am

Without reliable information on what proportion of the population has already been exposed and successfully fought off the coronavirus, it’s worth questioning the value of social-isolation controls. It is possible that the fastest and safest way to “flatten the curve” is to allow young people to mix normally while requiring only the frail and sick to remain isolated.
:deadhorse: tho. Verboten to discuss.

Im moving on with life and picking up a sandwich from local deli. Aint had restaurant food in 4 weeks now.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Since we're speaking in hypotheticals, it is also possible that is the fastest way to kill the most people. However, we have demonstrated that social distancing does reduce spread.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:38 am Don’t know if this is true or not, but I was just told the president of one of our General Dynamics divisions (Electric Boat out on the east coast) has tested positive for Covid-19. Maybe we’ll finally get to work from home! Probably not lol
Oh man... one of my friends works there and has been forced to go into the office this entire time...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

dubshow wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:53 am

Im moving on with life and picking up a sandwich from local deli. Aint had restaurant food in 4 weeks now.
how dare i. :deadhorse: I shall take my licks with the cane in my isolation :haus: massa

enjoi your foods :doe:
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:46 am

:dat:

I like shit to be nice where possible. No reason to delay it, or be bitter about the fact that I did it. She certainly does things, just isn't quite as prone to take immediate initiative. In the current way of the world, her job is also significantly more demanding and time consuming. My job is just :sad: now.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

dubshow wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:50 am :howdareu: :triggered: :gonbgud:

I don't see any problem with discussion, it's actions that are potentially dangerous.

Not that any of us are experts or in charge of anything, but the way I see it boils down to risk/reward.

Is the total shutdown the best answer? Maybe not. Maybe only hiding the weak would be better.

The risk of the total shutdown is primarily that middle class people in the USA will be financially fucked.

The risk of only hiding the weak is that tens of millions of people die.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

I'm one of the people more likely to be hurt by the shutdown than by opening everything back up too, so it's against my own interests to support the shutdown. :ohwell: