What do you think is the proper way to use money on everyday life?

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

wap wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:07 pm Oh, and sweet tea is :wtf: :gag:
:wrong:

damn yankees.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:58 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:28 pm
:dat: :dat: :dat:

"Winning = happiness". Someone happy on $40k a year living in a tiny house in the middle of nowhere doing whatever is winning just as much as someone killing themselves to make millions to live in a giant house and buy a bunch of shit.
I'd take the tiny house in the middle of nowhere anyday.

Sounds like heaven.
til you have to shit in a bucket. :lolol:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

dubshow wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:19 am
[user not found] wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:58 pm

I'd take the tiny house in the middle of nowhere anyday.

Sounds like heaven.
:disgust:

my tiny house will have a regular ass toilet and a bidet like a civilized person
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:23 am
dubshow wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:19 am

my tiny house will have a regular ass toilet and a bidet like a civilized person
IF THE CROWN GRANTS YOU A PERMIT.

You forget, there are still lots of local .gov that dont recognize a tiny house as a dwelling. You cant always get sewer. Pick your location wisely.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

dubshow wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:31 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:23 am

IF THE CROWN GRANTS YOU A PERMIT.

You forget, there are still lots of local .gov that dont recognize a tiny house as a dwelling. You cant always get sewer. Pick your location wisely.
septic doe. also will illegally tie in zfg if it's a city like be where it's part of the water bill
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

dubshow wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:17 am

damn yankees.
Sweet tea is delicious.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:42 am
max225 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:23 pm Hey Y'all,

man. buying into the pay area, idk if I could say it's a good choice.

I'd say this...if you plan to stay at least 5 years, have the money and reasonable job security, do it using as little of your own money as possible, unless you can afford something in cash.
Buddy telling me same thing... this way you can “walk away” if shit hits the fan
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:00 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:42 am

man. buying into the pay area, idk if I could say it's a good choice.

I'd say this...if you plan to stay at least 5 years, have the money and reasonable job security, do it using as little of your own money as possible, unless you can afford something in cash.
Buddy telling me same thing... this way you can “walk away” if shit hits the fan
yea. if you can do 3% down and pmi is not obtouse then why risk your own money? I mean, you are a numbers guy so you will excel this to death I'm sure. but excel won't tell you how much personal risk you are willing to take. If I was in your shoes, I'd would put as little down as the bank would allow. If the home market continues to the moon you can always refinance with more of money you would have used to put on down payment while at the same time taking some credit on the ltv ratio improvement of a rising market
brain go brrrrrr
max225

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:27 am
max225 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:00 am
yea. if you can do 3% down and pmi is not obtouse then why risk your own money? I mean, you are a numbers guy so you will excel this to death I'm sure. but excel won't tell you how much personal risk you are willing to take. If I was in your shoes, I'd would put as little down as the bank would allow. If the home market continues to the moon you can always refinance with more of money you would have used to put on down payment while at the same time taking some credit on the ltv ratio improvement of a rising market
I think that would push the monthly to 5 figures and add quite a bit of expense. Otherwise obviously it would be the way to go, as it would limit my liability severely.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:36 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:27 am

I think that would push the monthly to 5 figures and add quite a bit of expense. Otherwise obviously it would be the way to go, as it would limit my liability severely.
yikes! is that like alot more than rent? I know that is an important number for overall cost of living
brain go brrrrrr
max225

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:45 am
max225 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:36 am
yikes! is that like alot more than rent? I know that is an important number for overall cost of living
About 40% more for a comparable place. Been trying to explore that route as well
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

damn yankees.
How much tea do you normally add to your tall glass of sugar?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Apex wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:46 am

damn yankees.
Sweet tea is delicious.
Man, I just don't like obnoxiously overly sweet drinks :doe: . I never drink pop unless as a mixer with booze, and only put 1 sugar in my covfefe. I much prefer water or minimally sweetened tea. I get that it's a big deal down south.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:00 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:45 am

About 40% more for a comparable place. Been trying to explore that route as well
wow. that's a hard sell when at the beginning of the home loan most of the money is going to interest payments.
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:01 am

damn yankees.
1 teaspoon of tea to 1 cup of sugar is about right.

:trollface:

but seriously. A hint of sugar is what I like but really strong tea. I made a pitcher just yesterday. 2 quarts of water with maybe 2 table spoons of sugar.
max225

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:05 am
max225 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:00 am
wow. that's a hard sell when at the beginning of the home loan most of the money is going to interest payments.
Yep, and you add pmi etc and it’s like 90% of the monthly going to “fees”
wap

dubshow wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:12 am
wap wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:01 am

1 teaspoon of tea to 1 cup of sugar is about right.

:trollface:

but seriously. A hint of sugar is what I like but really strong tea. I made a pitcher just yesterday. 2 quarts of water with maybe 2 table spoons of sugar.
:lolol:

1 tbsp/qt doesn't really sound like "sweet" tea, :doe: . Dat ratio seems pretty reasonable to me.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

We make. Er. $180 household? Combined? Or something? Live in a house that is not overly desirable to me but works for us. Despite no AC and one tiny bathroom. And I struggle with this all the time as well. Haven't bought a new mountain bike for 4 years because it's expensive. Can't bring myself to buy a car for $25k. My financial dude (who I think I need to fire) says I'm saving entirely too much money. He suggested I create a burn account and dump a set amount into it to literally just light on fire. Happy money of sorts.

I think the important thing is. You're only going to continue getting older. If you have the means to comfortably afford whatever the thing is that you want, just go get it. If that's a $1MM house in Nob Hill then whatever. To Detroit's point.... there's no point in putting up with the rat race if you're not going to reap the spoils of it.

If you're making an assload of money and like your job and want to continue that job, then I think it's safe to live up to the means that job will provide. I was living below my means because although making good money I hated my job. I'd gladly take a job that pays half to be happy in my work and then adjust my life accordingly around it.

Apex
Drives: Abominable

wap wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:05 am
Apex wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:46 am

Sweet tea is delicious.
Man, I just don't like obnoxiously overly sweet drinks :doe: . I never drink pop unless as a mixer with booze, and only put 1 sugar in my covfefe. I much prefer water or minimally sweetened tea. I get that it's a big deal down south.
I like to get some true sweet tea when I visit relatives down south.
One year, I drank about a half gallon on the drive home and gave myself the beetus. :lol:
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:42 am We make. Er. $180 household? Combined? Or something? Live in a house that is not overly desirable to me but works for us. Despite no AC and one tiny bathroom. And I struggle with this all the time as well. Haven't bought a new mountain bike for 4 years because it's expensive. Can't bring myself to buy a car for $25k. My financial dude (who I think I need to fire) says I'm saving entirely too much money. He suggested I create a burn account and dump a set amount into it to literally just light on fire. Happy money of sorts.

I think the important thing is. You're only going to continue getting older. If you have the means to comfortably afford whatever the thing is that you want, just go get it. If that's a $1MM house in Nob Hill then whatever. To Detroit's point.... there's no point in putting up with the rat race if you're not going to reap the spoils of it.

If you're making an assload of money and like your job and want to continue that job, then I think it's safe to live up to the means that job will provide. I was living below my means because although making good money I hated my job. I'd gladly take a job that pays half to be happy in my work and then adjust my life accordingly around it.

The current status quo is A-ok. Future uncertain as it is everywhere, the philosophical debate is what should one do?

In order not to fk with the future, which remains unpredictable AF.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:28 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:42 am We make. Er. $180 household? Combined? Or something? Live in a house that is not overly desirable to me but works for us. Despite no AC and one tiny bathroom. And I struggle with this all the time as well. Haven't bought a new mountain bike for 4 years because it's expensive. Can't bring myself to buy a car for $25k. My financial dude (who I think I need to fire) says I'm saving entirely too much money. He suggested I create a burn account and dump a set amount into it to literally just light on fire. Happy money of sorts.

The current status quo is A-ok. Future uncertain as it is everywhere, the philosophical debate is what should one do?

:dillerman: :crang: :triggered: :triggered: :triggered: :hibachi:
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:28 pm

Look, Linda...

Go blow your money on the house, brah. You literally have earned it. You work long hours as does your fiancee, you've saved for it, you like your jobs and want to stay in them and will therefore continue to make bank, so live the life that it allows.
Johnny_P

max225

It's really weird to see someone tape their CF and throw it on Youtubes...
wap

Apex wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:17 pm
wap wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:05 am

I like to get some true sweet tea when I visit relatives down south.
One year, I drank about a half gallon on the drive home and gave myself the beetus. :lol:
I believe it! :lol: