OT 16: A pirate's life for me!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

troyguitar wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:06 pm :fuckyeah:
"The Four Wise Men" - Aristotle, Plato, Parmenides and Pythagoras join forces to create some epic metaphysical distortion!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SAWCE wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:53 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:21 pm Time to buy a new :haus:
Just tear down the old one and start from scratch :waxer:
:lolol:

We're just going to pay our house off sooner. No more moving.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:42 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:53 pm

Just tear down the old one and start from scratch :waxer:
:lolol:

We're just going to pay our house off sooner. No more moving.
Awesome she got the new job. I know you were gonna use your increased salary to pay it off sooner, but sounds like she got a raise as well and you'll pay it off even sooner?

Pretty sick man.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:02 pm Oh wow, wife just got a new jerb.

2019 is the year for change in Meatchicken. So far so good!
:fuckyeah: that’s awesome D!
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:nice:
Deets

How's your new job going?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Irish wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:27 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:06 pm :fuckyeah:
"The Four Wise Men" - Aristotle, Plato, Parmenides and Pythagoras join forces to create some epic metaphysical distortion!
:notbad:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:13 pm

Deets

:dat: deets please
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
ChrisoftheNorth

Deets

She's going to be the operations manager for a local electrical company. Her commute is less than a mile (on the other side of our hood, she doesn't even need to go on a major road), and she got a 15% raise. Beyond that, since her commute is so short, we're going to sell the Volt and replace it with something cheap and cash to reduce overhead. She's going to ride her bike most of the time in the spring/summer, so she'll just have a bad weather beater of some sort.

My new job is going well. Day 2 down, so it's hard to say definitively that everything is great, but I'm quite pleased thus far.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:22 pm

Deets

She's going to be the operations manager for a local electrical company. Her commute is less than a mile (on the other side of our hood, she doesn't even need to go on a major road), and she got a 15% raise. Beyond that, since her commute is so short, we're going to sell the Volt and replace it with something cheap and cash to reduce overhead. She's going to ride her bike most of the time in the spring/summer, so she'll just have a bad weather beater of some sort.

My new job is going well. Day 2 down, so it's hard to say definitively that everything is great, but I'm quite pleased thus far.
Sounds quite 5/7 overall. The TPlacs are :winning: !
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Deets

Typical :alpo:

Have you tried not making it all about WORK?!
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:24 pm

Sounds quite 5/7 overall. The TPlacs are :winning: !
Yea, things are going well for sure!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Deets

thats awesome to hear. :waiting: for gladiator!!
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:31 pm

WORK IS LIFE.

No, but seriously...we're using this increased prosperity to pay the house down and get a bit more socked away for retirement. We're not changing our standard of living, which hasn't really changed in a few jobs. Live below your means, it's critical for getting ahead
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:57 pm

WORK IS LIFE.

No, but seriously...we're using this increased prosperity to pay the house down and get a bit more socked away for retirement. We're not changing our standard of living, which hasn't really changed in a few jobs. Live below your means, it's critical for getting ahead

So much :dat:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

WORK IS LIFE.

So you mean... don’t fly private jet? :yeahok:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Pops did fine yesterday but they couldn't clear the blockage, so more doctors, more appointments, etc.... :rolleyes:

Dont go to hospitals in small towns.
brain go brrrrrr
Apex

Morning. :howdy:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

WORK IS LIFE.

Getting ahead at what? IMO you should live at your means. I've lived below my means for 5 years now and it ain't a good time.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:35 am
WORK IS LIFE.

Getting ahead at what? IMO you should live at your means. I've lived below my means for 5 years now and it ain't a good time.
retire early JP
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

WORK IS LIFE.

Ahead? Paying house off early, healthy retirement savings, etc?

At our income, most people would be doing multiple european vacations a year, I'd be in a brand new Hellcat AND a Gladiator, house would be done up fancy, etc. We're pretty happy with how things were a while ago, and while we've stepped up the house game in accordance with income a bit, we're in a place we love, so we just want to focus on future stability. My 3 weeks off from work made me realize that I don't want to work my entire life, so we're taking steps toward a somewhat early retirement. Discipline now will pay dividends in the future.
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:41 am

retire early JP
Right.

But you also have to park yourself at a means that you like. There's no fun in being full :scrooge:

Like we spent more on a house than we probably should have, but we love it, the area, and it's a place we'll stay a long time so it was worth the extra cost.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:50 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:41 am

retire early JP
Right.

But you also have to park yourself at a means that you like. There's no fun in being full :scrooge:

Like we spent more on a house than we probably should have, but we love it, the area, and it's a place we'll stay a long time so it was worth the extra cost.
:wrong: ?
brain go brrrrrr
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Booked my flight to Cancun on the cinco de mayo weekend with the ex-coworker!! :fuckyeah:
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:02 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:50 am
Right.

Well, obviously.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:21 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:02 am

Well, obviously.
Glad to see you can DFD from work still. :fuckyeah:

Get some crazy FCA people on here.