:plac: finds v2.0: Moar gold on the crangslist

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Swedish Chef
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 2013 Mini Pooper

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:37 pm
Swedish Chef wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:31 pm

:triggered:
I'm just :triggered: by the tard that didn't understand that the front bumper doesn't clear curbs after what looks to be 5 parking attempts.

Didn’t even notice that.

I really shouldn’t buy a used vehicle..
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Scrapes under the bumper?

:whocares:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:41 pm Scrapes under the bumper?

Shows owner was a tard ? :iono:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:42 pm

That could have been one fucking mistake kissing the curb block and owner didn't do it again. No evidence of multiple impacts found, the damage is so minimal owner probably just let it go.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Swedish Chef
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Those two on either side are quite visible, doe.

Sad to pay for a repaint because the PO was :derp:
ChrisoftheNorth

Swedish Chef wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:45 pm

The one on the driver's side would likely buff out mostly, the passenger side is barely visible.

Holy hell.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:44 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:42 pm

That could have been one fucking mistake kissing the curb block and owner didn't do it again. No evidence of multiple impacts found, the damage is so minimal owner probably just let it go.
I don't know man... I have had these cars for close to 3 years now. I have hit 1 curb once (not visible unlike those) and never again it scared me for life. And I am no Zillspec dude.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:48 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:44 pm
I don't know man... I have had these cars for close to 3 years now. I have hit 1 curb once (not visible unlike those) and never again it scared me for life. And I am no Zillspec dude.
You're talking 99.9 percentile quality humans here. Can't hold everyone up to those exact standards, nothing will be good enough then. I usually hit a low car once for the first time on accident then never again. This easily could have been that. Writing this car off because of those scuffs is :fullretard:

If the thing checked out, use the scuffs as bargaining leverage to get the price down and have the front repainted. Easy.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:51 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:48 pm

You're talking 99.9 percentile quality humans here. Can't hold everyone up to those exact standards, nothing will be good enough then. I usually hit a low car once for the first time on accident then never again. This easily could have been that. Writing this car off because of those scuffs is :fullretard:

If the thing checked out, use the scuffs as bargaining leverage to get the price down and have the front repainted. Easy.
Not writing it off, just pointing it out. I think @SwedishChef was triggered by the color misnaming, I was just pointing out the bumper being an actual bigger issue.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:52 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:51 pm

Not writing it off, just pointing it out. I think @SwedishChef was triggered by the color misnaming, I was just pointing out the bumper being an actual bigger issue.
It's not tho. It's a minor issue at best. In fact, it's excellent bargaining leverage.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:53 pm
It's not tho. It's a minor issue at best. In fact, it's excellent bargaining leverage.
Not :wrong: on this.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:47 pm
Swedish Chef wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:45 pm

The one on the driver's side would likely buff out mostly, the passenger side is barely visible.

Holy hell.
:wrong: Previous Owner should be euthanized.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:56 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:47 pm

Holy hell.
:wrong: Previous Owner should be euthanized.
:wrong:

Cars should be scrapped after being owned once.
Swedish Chef
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:53 pm
For the misnamed color? Agreed. :dillerman:

Will check my Imperial Bloo bumper for scratches. Maybe I’ve unknowingly been as big of a :derp:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:48 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:44 pm

A friend of mine owns a RWD VW Westy and takes it everywhere. Its his only car. Also used as a mountain bike shuttle and trailside base camp. He loves it.

Oh look, instagram.

:mindblown:

I'm sure it's great around Colorado. Tons of fun, just like the video shows.

Drive that bish on I-40 from Albuquerque to OKC, or I-70 from Denver to KC. Engine pegged at 4k doing 70mph getting blown all over the road by semis blasting by you. That would be straight up misery.
Ok. I don't think he exactly cares?
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

It’s important to be green these days - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2001- ... -turbo-48/
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote:

It might be a lease considering the miles and the year, so probably :aintcare: however that shift knob and boot look aftermarket. I also know BMW inspect cars in lease returns. Can’t really speak for most brands on that subject, so don’t get :triggered: on my :derp: ness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Davestr wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:55 pm It’s important to be green these days - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2001- ... -turbo-48/
:megusta:
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:55 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:48 pm
Oh look, instagram.

:mindblown:

I'm sure it's great around Colorado. Tons of fun, just like the video shows.

Drive that bish on I-40 from Albuquerque to OKC, or I-70 from Denver to KC. Engine pegged at 4k doing 70mph getting blown all over the road by semis blasting by you. That would be straight up misery.
Ok. I don't think he exactly cares?
Maybe not. It's certainly dependent on use case.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:56 pm
max225 wrote:
It might be a lease considering the miles and the year, so probably :aintcare: however that shift knob and boot look aftermarket. I also know BMW inspect cars in lease returns. Can’t really speak for most brands on that subject, so don’t get :triggered: on my :derp: ness

There are relatively strict requirements for leases, you can’t just treat it like absolute shit and expect a :aintcare: experience. They inspect the cars in the end and if you curb your wheels, scratch bumpers etc you will get fined, pretty significantly as well.
This is why it is so crucial to be super anal during lease take over as you assume the prior owners damages.
Also bmw reconditions the cars prior to sale so this must be a rejected car :..
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:03 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:56 pm

There are relatively strict requirements for leases, you can’t just treat it like absolute shit and expect a :aintcare: experience. They inspect the cars in the end and if you curb your wheels, scratch bumpers etc you will get fined, pretty significantly as well.
This is why it is so crucial to be super anal during lease take over as you assume the prior owners damages.
:dat: Not surprised. As far as I remember, :narc: :turboyaris: was a lease, but he had couple noticeable scratches due to :jesus: . Heck I haven't really spoken to him in regards to that.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:06 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:03 pm
:dat: Not surprised. As far as I remember, :narc: :turboyaris: was a lease, but he had couple noticeable scratches due to :jesus: . Heck I haven't really spoken to him in regards to that.
He blows his service advisor on the regular.... so I think his treatment may have been a bit diff. Also :whocares: parents pay for the car anyways
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Swedish Chef wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:31 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:24 pm being a little more realistic on this one. 3rd estroil blue DFDer?

https://www.luxuryautoimports.com/vehic ... 76b9c15a0a
Imperial Blue Metallic
:triggered:
I actually knew I would possibly be :wrong:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:10 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:06 pm

He blows his service advisor on the regular.... so I think his treatment may have been a bit diff. Also :whocares: parents pay for the car anyways
Yeah :narc: makes 5/7 connections to dillers the minute he moved here, but then again I helped him out on which SA to speak to, and so on.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:10 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:05 pm

That's a hell of a little van. :amazing:

Synchros are worth an assload of money. Wonder what this will top out at. I bet over $50k.
They are insanely pricey, and I honestly don't get it.

Where the hell can you drive it when MAXIMUM velocity is 80 MPH? That can't be enjoyable. I guess you just post to instagram from the Wallyworld parking lot around the corner? Hard park on the grassy hill next to your work parking lot?
My rental Mitsubishi Mirage was faster :sad: