2018 :plac: counter/list!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:06 pm
wap wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:20 pm

Smart plan, but we'll hate to see :eeyore: go.
I won't be. :C5 is boring, since half of us here have had one. I am sure he'll get something cool to replace it. the :plac: is strong around here.
:sass:

No one has had one as modded as D'Plac's with headz, gearz, One Cam to Rule Them All, etc.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

wap wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:07 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:06 pm

I won't be. :C5 is boring, since half of us here have had one. I am sure he'll get something cool to replace it. the :plac: is strong around here.

No one has had one as modded as D'Plac's with headz, gearz, One Cam to Rule Them All, etc.
:plac: or die
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:09 pm
wap wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:07 pm

Honestly, the modz are what's saving it. I love the way the car is now that it's sorted with the modz. The modz also take away a significant portion of value (I knew this), so the incentive to off it is really low. Much below $15k just isn't worth it to me, and judging by recent sales, I'd be lucky to get that even.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:15 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:09 pm

Honestly, the modz are what's saving it. I love the way the car is now that it's sorted with the modz. The modz also take away a significant portion of value (I knew this), so the incentive to off it is really low. Much below $15k just isn't worth it to me, and judging by recent sales, I'd be lucky to get that even.
15-17k seems like it would be easy enough to get.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/d/ ... 26225.html

I think the issue with the C5, everyone that wants ones wants a deal, because they are "cheap" and plenty around 10k, but they are all "worse" with 100k miles etc. But that's just the market.... closer to 20k is C6 territory.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/ctd/d/ ... 12061.html

Corvette prices are still really strong. I sold my 2002 with 59k miles for $17k, about 5 years ago. Anything I have owned after depreciated far faster.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:21 pm
Yep. It's why the :meata: stays. It's pretty damn perfectly sorted for what I want it to do.
U just got it... :bruh: Did you even put 1k miles on it?
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:20 pm
15-17k seems like it would be easy enough to get.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/d/ ... 26225.html

I think the issue with the C5, everyone that wants ones wants a deal, because they are "cheap" and plenty around 10k, but they are all "worse" with 100k miles etc. But that's just the market.... closer to 20k is C6 territory.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/ctd/d/ ... 12061.html

Corvette prices are still really strong. I sold my 2002 with 59k miles for $17k, about 5 years ago. Anything I have owned after depreciated far faster.
Exactly. Nice C5's are the worst. Nobody wants to pay the premium for them. Oh well. :aintcare: :burnout:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:59 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:22 pm

U just got it... :bruh: Did you even put 1k miles on it?
Put 3500 miles on it between March and November. Hasn't moved since November 8th.
:neat: man time flies!... You almost had it for a year! :mindblown:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Dibs on :eeyore: parts tho

I put 2000 miles on the :poorvette: in the 1.5 months I drove it.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:48 pm :eeyore: is my ideal Plastic Fantastic.

I just don't have a need for that much speed.
:pussy:
max225

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:21 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:00 pm
I won't deny it.

I've never had a chance to be behind the wheel of a car that idiotically quick. :melon: 's tub o' brubs is the closest I've gotten. Hilarious to drive.

But also, it's the straight line speed I have no need for, especially in this commie state.
I thought you drove M3s at the stealershit ? right around the same WHP # and about similar weight.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:34 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:01 pm

I thought you drove M3s at the stealershit ? right around the same WHP # and about similar weight.
Once. I didn't play around with company metal often.

Also, the Tub o'Brubs is a lot more raw than a modern M3.
I dunno my m3 is a bit too "raw" for my likes. It is sprung far firmer than a C5, and it rides on dubs. Also LOUD AF, not V8 cam loud but still loud.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:04 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:37 pm

I dunno my m3 is a bit too "raw" for my likes. It is sprung far firmer than a C5, and it rides on dubs. Also LOUD AF, not V8 cam loud but still loud.
The one I drove had the base 18s. That’s how I’d spec mine.
Drive a comp package one ... handling is just wild... it is a compromise.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:00 pm
I won't deny it.

I've never had a chance to be behind the wheel of a car that idiotically quick. :melon: 's tub o' brubs is the closest I've gotten. Hilarious to drive.

But also, it's the straight line speed I have no need for, especially in this commie state.
Fastest car I was ever in was an AC Cobra. 465 RWHP in a car that weighed like 2300 lbs. That was stupid fast. My friend that owned it only ever flat footed it once on a highway from a 40 roll and it still got squirrely on him. Ultimately nowhere to use that much power around here, so he sold it for the Ferrari 308 GTB. Was a much better choice as he can flat foot that almost anywhere and rip through the gears.

But I do think a hellcat would be fun as f to own...
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:31 am

I won't deny it.

Fastest car I was ever in was an AC Cobra. 465 RWHP in a car that weighed like 2300 lbs. That was stupid fast. My friend that owned it only ever flat footed it once on a highway from a 40 roll and it still got squirrely on him. Ultimately nowhere to use that much power around here, so he sold it for the Ferrari 308 GTB. Was a much better choice as he can flat foot that almost anywhere and rip through the gears.

It all depends on where you live. Here, the only fun I get is full :plaid: on freeway onramps. I want something really fast in a straight line, which the :poorvette: certainly is. I absolutely love flat footing and bang shifting through 3rd, which can be a...thrilling experience (passengers have described it as "terrifying").

My ideal is something heavy and supercharged with a stick. CTS-V, Hellcat Challenger, etc. I'd so love a purple wide body Challenger Hellcat stick. Would be outstanding here.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:48 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:31 am

It all depends on where you live. Here, the only fun I get is full :plaid: on freeway onramps. I want something really fast in a straight line, which the :poorvette: certainly is. I absolutely love flat footing and bang shifting through 3rd, which can be a...thrilling experience (passengers have described it as "terrifying").

My ideal is something heavy and supercharged with a stick. CTS-V, Hellcat Challenger, etc. I'd so love a purple wide body Challenger Hellcat stick. Would be outstanding here.
:disgust:

Sports Car is lyfe.
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:53 am

Motorcycle is lyfe.
FTFY
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

4zilch wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:28 am

Motorcycle is lyfe.
FTFY
:notwrong:
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Sports Car is lyfe.
It's been a while since we've had a good semantics debate to :triggered: people.

Are you saying the Challenger Hellcat isn't a sports car?
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:53 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:41 am
It's been a while since we've had a good semantics debate to :triggered: people.

I mean, I wouldn't quantify it as one. It's too big, too heavy.

Sports cars are light, simple, small, and good dance partners. Not necessarily fast in a straight line, but focused more on handling before power.

The Challenger Hellcat is focused almost solely on power before handling. Is it awesome? Yes. Is it a sports car? No.

That all being said, I'd love a F8 Green or Plum Crazy Hellcat Widebody in the garage for the :lolol:
:popcorn:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:41 am

Sports Car is lyfe.

Yes I am; its a muscle car. Also :neat: , but a sports car its not.
brain go brrrrrr
max225

I think it’s a sports car. The purpose is performance therefore it’s a sports car.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:13 am I think it’s a sports car. The purpose is performance therefore it’s a sports car.
:dat: :triggered:
max225

Is bodybuilding not a sport? Or powerlifting ? Should it only be marathon running?!

:triggered:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

max225 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:17 am Is bodybuilding not a sport? Or powerlifting ? Should it only be marathon running?!

There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.
brain go brrrrrr
max225

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:20 am
max225 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:17 am Is bodybuilding not a sport? Or powerlifting ? Should it only be marathon running?!

There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.
Is drag racing motor racing? If so challenger is a sports car