Placapalooza 2018: Truck Dreams: Family Crisis tour

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:31 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:27 pm

I saved my company over $10 million. I likely won’t get a raise. We ain’t making dick for profits right now either so likely going to be a shit bonus payout.
Such :bs:
If you believe the :fakenews: we are losing money on every barrel of oil we run through this place rn.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

And my maintenance job that I'm running is WAY behind schedule but miraculously cost is being managed OK. But it will be deemed a failure and my leadership a failure so I LIKELY won't get paid for my OT.

Despite me not having anything to do with the time delay. Can't work on equipment that isn't handed over to you.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:45 pm You should be grateful. Try zero percent for 3 years.
I’ve gone backwards.

:thisisfine:
Same, but that's life outside of "normal" jobs - I was talking about the wife since she is closer to a regular DFD worker.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Speaking of raises. May have just gotten a job that pays about 15-20% more than current job. Work from home and get a government issued car.

If I can take the kids to school in the government car(I doubt but who knows) I will drive my vehicle maybe once every few weeks. As is I average about 900 miles a month.

It's a potentially good monkey (dolphin?) wrench but still a monkey (dolphin) wrench in my plans.

Don't want to count monkeys(dolphins) before they hatch but pretty excited
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

seems like a blessing in disguise :aintcare:
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:33 pm Speaking of raises. May have just gotten a job that pays about 15-20% more than current job. Work from home and get a government issued car.

If I can take the kids to school in the government car(I doubt but who knows) I will drive my vehicle maybe once every few weeks. As is I average about 900 miles a month.

It's a potentially good monkey (dolphin?) wrench but still a monkey (dolphin) wrench in my plans.

Drain the swamp! Carting your crotchfruit around on our dime
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:35 pm seems like a blessing in disguise :aintcare:
Maybe ultra low miles lease something?

Will know something by the 30th.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

dtraill27 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:39 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:33 pm Speaking of raises. May have just gotten a job that pays about 15-20% more than current job. Work from home and get a government issued car.

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

:neat:

what is your profession?

brain go brrrrrr
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:45 pm

:neat:

what is your profession?

Unemployment Insurance. So I'm all set for the coming apocalypse.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:43 pm
dtraill27 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:39 pm

:lolgasm:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Nice! Congrats dude!
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:01 pm

Nice! Congrats dude!
Thanks. It's a government job so they may have someone already in mind but whatever.

Whatever will be will be. I'm hopeful
Desertbreh

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:14 am
[user not found] wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:06 am

I've certainly seen worse decisions made around here... :sissyfight:
Yea, yearly kitchen remodels, leasing the ultimate depreciation machine, flying drones, buying :truk: , rebuilding old german cars, buying old JDM motorcycles, buying :minivan: s, having tons of rocks delivered to your tiny :haus:
alllllll of :dat:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:notbad:
Hope it works out for you!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:43 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:53 pm

Unemployment Insurance. So I'm all set for the coming apocalypse.
Oh, wow.

:waxer: plan in place.
Yeah. The 10 year plan of making shit money to now making ok money really paying off. :sad:

Traded getting rich for job security long ago.

I envy you guys. Stressful I'm sure but more rewarding
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:10 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:05 am

Yeah. The 10 year plan of making shit money to now making ok money really paying off. :sad:

Traded getting rich for job security long ago.

I envy you guys. Stressful I'm sure but more rewarding
Envy what guys?

Don't envy me. I'm about to set fire to everything to survive.
Sounds like livin'

Maybe I'm just romanticizing it because I work for the gubment and shit here just isn't exciting.

Like when Donald Trump says he wishes he went to Vietnam and feels like he missed something but did everything to avoid it at the time. That's me and the private sector.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:27 pm
[user not found] wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:10 am

Envy what guys?

Don't envy me. I'm about to set fire to everything to survive.
Sounds like livin'

Maybe I'm just romanticizing it because I work for the gubment and shit here just isn't exciting.

Like when Donald Trump says he wishes he went to Vietnam and feels like he missed something but did everything to avoid it at the time. That's me and the private sector.
I did the .gov thing for one year... not really for me, but definitely more time to DFD.

Unfortunately, I kind of feel like the fun/excitement peak of my career just ended two months ago. Now I sit in a cube and call people all day.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:59 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:27 pm

Sounds like livin'

I did the .gov thing for one year... not really for me, but definitely more time to DFD.

Unfortunately, I kind of feel like the fun/excitement peak of my career just ended two months ago. Now I sit in a cube and call people all day.
You can always find a new job. I went through this last year when I raged out and couldn't take office cube IT life anymore
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

dtraill27 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:47 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:59 pm

You can always find a new job. I went through this last year when I raged out and couldn't take office cube IT life anymore
I don't remember how this ever ended... would love to hear more. I remember the backstory - actually thought of you this weekend, met a guy who does IT for Verizon in the Charlotte area - a bunch of stores and a couple of call centers, so some WFH, then traveling all over the area. Seems like a decent gig.

I just started this job. It's really not too bad, great people, good company, decent money, nice office. But man, inside sales is just pretty meh, especially coming from something where I was totally independent most of the time traveling all over the country without having to deal with other people's drama or TPS reports or whatever. I miss it a lot.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:40 pm
dtraill27 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:47 am

I don't remember how this ever ended... would love to hear more. I remember the backstory - actually thought of you this weekend, met a guy who does IT for Verizon in the Charlotte area - a bunch of stores and a couple of call centers, so some WFH, then traveling all over the area. Seems like a decent gig.

I just started this job. It's really not too bad, great people, good company, decent money, nice office. But man, inside sales is just pretty meh, especially coming from something where I was totally independent most of the time traveling all over the country without having to deal with other people's drama or TPS reports or whatever. I miss it a lot.
So it took a while but I got a job just working on networks which is the only part of IT enjoy for an electric utility in PA, NJ, OH, MD, and WV. It's still mostly cube life but a decent amount of travel around the area. They pay for schooling so I'm gonna get an associates in electrical tech to go with my bachelors and then look to take a full field based position with them.

My cube life isn't terrible and I like the people I work with for the most part. I just have a super annoying chick right by my cube that is on the phone all day and is super loud. Sales is tough though so I don't blame you not loving it. Just put some time in and if you can always try a different position with the company or jump ship.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Anyone need tips on how to get fired and still get Funemployment Insurance, AKA Mailbox Money, let me know.

I know the magic words.
max225

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:14 pm Anyone need tips on how to get fired and still get Funemployment Insurance, AKA Mailbox Money, let me know.

I know the magic words.
Go on
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:16 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:14 pm Anyone need tips on how to get fired and still get Funemployment Insurance, AKA Mailbox Money, let me know.

I know the magic words.
Go on
What do you want to know?
max225

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:18 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:16 pm

Go on
What do you want to know?
Lets start with the magic words...