OT 14: No Luck for Old Men

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

razr390 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:49 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:47 pm Don't mind me, I'm just trying to get :[user not found]: to see that it's incredibly hypocritical to be all about making one's own way in life via hard work and bootstraps and whatnot when he got epic handouts from mommy and plans on doing the same for his kids.
Fuck off. You got an epic handout by being born in the United States versus India.
India has free health care and free college, doe.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:26 pm
razr390 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:23 pm

Way to go bro, you got really lucky. Didn’t work hard at all whatsoever.
Work, what's that?

I just went to the bank to open an account when I was 18 and they gave me an account with a balance and a credit card that never needs to be paid and has no limit. Didn't you all get that?
White Privilege Express.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

wap wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:28 pm

Fuck off. You got an epic handout by being born in the United States versus India.
India also has a caste system that tells you what you can do with your life and what your success ceiling is.

:yeahok: but at least I went to college.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Not really dude...

What % of people can access these? 10%? I'm guessing but it's small. Private healthcare still responsible for majority
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

:disgust:

Filthy hippies. No wonder they're poor, they don't have to work for anything!
wap

razr390 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:30 pm

India also has a caste system that tells you what you can do with your life and what your success ceiling is.

That's changing doe.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:35 pm
Thedude wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:33 pm
Not really dude...

What % of people can access these? 10%? I'm guessing but it's small. Private healthcare still responsible for majority
That. It's almost all private healthcare or no access at all.

College is still reserved for the elites.
For now...
razr390

wap wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:36 pm

That's changing doe.
Sure. That’s why all Indian students come here to get education and life opportunities. And that’s also why they’re some of the highest paid people in our country.

:yeahok:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:25 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:18 pm

That, or he's trained his body to run on that little sleep. While not something I'd recommend, your body is incredibly adaptive, and someone could probably get used to that little sleep within a matter of months. The long-term effects on your health though are going to be :disgust:
It's an average of somewhere around 4 hours a night with an hour nap in the afternoon. If I work from home I get about 6, maybe 7 hours.

I've done this for 17 years now and yes.... it is getting old, but in the beginning I was a zombie and could have used more than just the caffeine I was processing.
6-7 hours is much more sustainable, and that mid-day nap helps immensly.

My coach actually put in my prep plan for me to try to get a 30-60 minute nap every day :lol: I'm gonna go try to grab half an hour on the couch in our break room now.
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

That's changing doe.
India has made some of the most significant contributions to humankind of any group... but healthcare and education are not amongst them.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Thedude wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:42 pm

That's changing doe.
India has made some of the most significant contributions to humankind of any group... but healthcare and education are not amongst them.
:bruh:

Have you seen how many Indian doctors and professors are out there?
razr390

troyguitar wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:43 pm

And most of them work here. And went to school here. And make the most money out of any demographic here.

They sure were lucky though.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

razr390 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:39 pm

That's changing doe.
Sure. That’s why all Indian students come here to get education and life opportunities. And that’s also why they’re some of the highest paid people in our country.

Nah man.. Every person we hire that came from India hates it here and can't wait to go back. They feel like modern day slaves that were brought here on airplanes against their will to live in single family homes with indoor plumbing.

I feel for them every time I have to fill out the hours of paperwork for their H1B status and have to really convince them that getting a green card paid by the company isn't a terrible idea.
razr390

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:46 pm

Nah man.. Every person we hire that came from India hates it here and can't wait to go back. They feel like modern day slaves that were brought here on airplanes against their will to live in single family homes with indoor plumbing.

I feel for them every time I have to fill out the hours of paperwork for their H1B status and have to really convince them that getting a green card paid by the company isn't a terrible idea.
Yup. US is a shit hole. Better go back to India
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

And IT pros, Dentists, and Bollywood actors, etc... not sure what your'e getting at tho...

@WAP- this was from this year:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/01/busi ... -care.html

The half a billion people this article talks about covering with "free healthcare" are currently not covered.

"“The biggest disease burden sits on the bottom 500 million people. They don’t have access to diagnosis. If they get diagnosed, they don’t have a way to get treatment,” Dr. Bakshi said.

Some public health experts noted that the government’s proposals do little to prevent poor health in the first place. India is plagued by increasing levels of water and air pollution, some of it worsened by the current government’s pro-business policies. Malnutrition, poor sanitation and lack of proper housing also remain major problems."

Also, many other problems on scale many orders of magnitude larger than what we see in US.
razr390

Thedude wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:51 pm

And IT pros, Dentists, and Bollywood actors, etc... not sure what your'e getting at tho...

@WAP- this was from this year:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/01/busi ... -care.html

The half a billion people this article talks about covering with "free healthcare" are currently not covered.

"“The biggest disease burden sits on the bottom 500 million people. They don’t have access to diagnosis. If they get diagnosed, they don’t have a way to get treatment,” Dr. Bakshi said.

Some public health experts noted that the government’s proposals do little to prevent poor health in the first place. India is plagued by increasing levels of water and air pollution, some of it worsened by the current government’s pro-business policies. Malnutrition, poor sanitation and lack of proper housing also remain major problems."

Also, many other problems on scale many orders of magnitude larger than what we see in US.
FUCK YOU BRO. FREE COLLEGE > LIVING
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:46 pm

The pressure they face to get out of India and make money to improve status is immense. IT is the easiest ticket out. It's been going on for years and I'm sure a certain percentage are not doing it because they want to but rather because of family/societal pressure. It's a lot to bear.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Thedude wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:03 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:00 pm

Sounds good Dude. Good talk.
:sissyfight:

You took a strange position for an atheist on this one. So strange I was waiting for you to drop some piece of information that would blow my mind make me reconsider mine.
I didn't take a position. Other than stating a fact.

It just is.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Germany has free college and no caste system.

They like world wars doe.
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:58 pm
Thedude wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:03 pm
:sissyfight:

You took a strange position for an atheist on this one. So strange I was waiting for you to drop some piece of information that would blow my mind make me reconsider mine.

It just is.
So the most significant philosophical question ever asked by humans, which, by the way, continues to be endlessly debated to this day, is now a fact? Does the world know yet?

:lol:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Thedude wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:05 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:58 pm

It just is.
So the most significant philosophical question ever asked by humans, which, by the way, continues to be endlessly debated to this day, is now a fact? Does the world know yet?

What question is that?
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Is there a great philosophical question as to what a successful life is for a moth? Hardly.

It's purpose is to perpetuate its species
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:08 pm
Thedude wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:05 pm

What question is that?
Now you need me to remind you of your claims? Conversation just got a lot less fun...:sad:
razr390

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:04 pm Germany has free college and no caste system.

They like world wars doe.
There is no perfect country. I am sure for everything Germany has that the United States doesn’t, there are some that the United States has that Germany may not.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Thedude wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:11 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:08 pm

What question is that?
Now you need me to remind you of your claims? Conversation just got a lot less fun...:sad:
Simple question. You don't have to answer.