Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Calvinball wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 5:19 pm
SAWCE wrote:
But did you win?
If you ask my daughter or niece, then yes.

Sent from the Beer Depository
I'll give it to you, but only cause little kids are so adorable.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 3:05 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 3:03 pm

Friday night had dinner with Allison and then we got a few brews at a brewery.

Saturday went to Cars and Coffee, went mountain biking, had ImageImage, cleaned my car, relaxed at home. Sunday... Did stuff around the house mostly, helped Allison shop for an interview outfit.

Overall not too exciting which was nice.

You?
Saturday was chill. I didn't sleep great last week, so I was tired. Napped most of Saturday, then ran a few errands.

Yesterday started with taking the pups to the beach, then getting in a blowout fight. Most of the day was wasted from that.
Dood. More trouble?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 5:44 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 3:05 pm

Saturday was chill. I didn't sleep great last week, so I was tired. Napped most of Saturday, then ran a few errands.

Yesterday started with taking the pups to the beach, then getting in a blowout fight. Most of the day was wasted from that.
Dood. More trouble?
Yeah.. she actually called it quits at one point and I hopped on my laptop and started looking at places. She realized I was serious and then wanted to work through things... we'll see what happens over the next week or two.. I'm pretty numb to it/her at this point.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 5:47 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 5:44 pm

Dood. More trouble?
Yeah.. she actually called it quits at one point and I hopped on my laptop and started looking at places. She realized I was serious and then wanted to work through things... we'll see what happens over the next week or two.. I'm pretty numb to it/her at this point.
O wow. Yeah man, if you throw down the "its over" gauntlet all casual like as argumentative weapon.....it may be over.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 5:53 pm

O wow. Yeah man, if you throw down the "its over" gauntlet all casual like as argumentative weapon.....it may be over.
Yeah.. she'd done it a few times in fights leading up to this and I told her that the next time I wouldn't keep fighting to keep things going. So when she dropped it yesterday, I said "okay" got up, walked to the other room, and started searching apartments.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 5:54 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 5:53 pm

Yeah.. she'd done it a few times in fights leading up to this and I told her that the next time I wouldn't keep fighting to keep things going. So when she dropped it yesterday, I said "okay" got up, walked to the other room, and started searching apartments.
This does not sound like its going to work out.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

:hai: DFDers!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Brandon, when you are young and childless.....that's a time to enjoy life. You may not have a ton of money, but you've got relative freedom from obligation. It is just SO NOT a time to
get dragged down into somebody else's round and round of crazymaking. Yes, issues arise that you have to work through. But it should come pretty easy at this point. It sounds like it is not coming easy at all.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 6:10 pm Brandon, when you are young and childless.....that's a time to enjoy life. You may not have a ton of money, but you've got relative freedom from obligation. It is just SO NOT a time to
get dragged down into somebody else's round and round of crazymaking. Yes, issues arise that you have to work through. But it should come pretty easy at this point. It sounds like it is not coming easy at all.
:dat:

Also, don’t threaten to walk-out unless you plan to follow through.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 6:10 pm Brandon, when you are young and childless.....that's a time to enjoy life. You may not have a ton of money, but you've got relative freedom from obligation. It is just SO NOT a time to
Yeah.. it's been too much of this for too long. I know things need to end. It was easy to get up and leave when she said she was done, but then when she came and sat and asked me not to leave, I folded. I couldn't stand to see her crying. And I know I'm just prolonging the inevitable and that it'll hurt worse if we wait.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 6:33 pm
Yeah.. it's been too much of this for too long. I know things need to end. It was easy to get up and leave when she said she was done, but then when she came and sat and asked me not to leave, I folded. I couldn't stand to see her crying. And I know I'm just prolonging the inevitable and that it'll hurt worse if we wait.
My comment applies equally to her. Women who love drama......... :gtfo: :gtfo: :gtfo: :gtfo: :gtfo:
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 6:01 pm

That calling it quits in a fight is bullshit.
Yeah
SAWCE

[user not found] wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 6:39 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 6:33 pm

Is she doing any work on herself to make the situation better?
She finally text me today saying that she realizes that she's been a major contributor to our problems and that she's been projecting a bunch of stuff on me instead of dealing with the real issues. What remains to be see is whether she'll actually deal with them, or if the next time something comes up if its the same old thing that it has been recently.
SAWCE

[user not found] wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 7:06 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 7:03 pm

She finally text me today saying that she realizes that she's been a major contributor to our problems and that she's been projecting a bunch of stuff on me instead of dealing with the real issues. What remains to be see is whether she'll actually deal with them, or if the next time something comes up if its the same old thing that it has been recently.
Right. Good first step is good but it is also meaningless. Step two (whatever that is, but in her case it seems like therapy or a new therapist if she's in therapy) is what matters. On top of that even if step two is an honest effort on her part, you have no obligation to stay and wait it out.

If her BS was reduced by 30%, would you stay? Something like that strikes me as the real question.
I'm not sure what that number would have to be..
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 7:03 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 6:39 pm
Is she doing any work on herself to make the situation better?
What are these real issues? As far as I know, she's got a job/career that she likes, yes? And a stable man at home and stable household finances, yes? No major alcohol or drug issues, yes? Plus if she gets a flat tire no need to grab the jack, just call Brandon. So what, exactly, is the fucking problem? What issues does she need to project? Things must be going too well.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

Death or dumping, sawce. I’m tellin’ ya.

She’s not crying over wanting you to stay, she’s crying over the inconvenience for her if you leave. This is just another situation that she is making it all about herself by threatening to leave then back pedaling. She’s threatening to leave so she’ll have her way in the fight and then when you do what she doesn’t want, she Resorts to her second level of getting what she wants, tears.

Girl is using basic get my way bitch techniques on you. If you want it to work, cool. You’ve got some work ahead of you. But what Desert said. You’re young and available and if I could show you the girls you’ll be pulling on the other side of this, even just for attention at a bar, you wouldn’t look back.

You’re not going to marry this girl. Death or dumping.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Sno wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:54 pm Death or dumping, sawce. I’m tellin’ ya.

She’s not crying over wanting you to stay, she’s crying over the inconvenience for her if you leave. This is just another situation that she is making it all about herself by threatening to leave then back pedaling. She’s threatening to leave so she’ll have her way in the fight and then when you do what she doesn’t want, she Resorts to her second level of getting what she wants, tears.

Girl is using basic get my way bitch techniques on you. If you want it to work, cool. You’ve got some work ahead of you. But what Desert said. You’re young and available and if I could show you the girls you’ll be pulling on the other side of this, even just for attention at a bar, you wouldn’t look back.

You’re not going to marry this girl. Death or dumping.
Tough love.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:impressive: advice from Sno tonight! :like:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Insurance on the poorvette goes live at midnight. Gotta get it home tonight but I'm not wanting to risk a no insurance fine so I wait like...
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote:Anyone get into anything interesting this weekend?
Currently in Duluth, MN on a driving trip in the :turboyaris:. Drove up the North Shore of Lake Superior today and saw neat shit.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my toaster using Crapatalk

:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

Tarspin wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:45 pm Insurance on the poorvette goes live at midnight. Gotta get it home tonight but I'm not wanting to risk a no insurance fine so I wait like...
Dont get pulled over.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Barnes93cb wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:45 pm Insurance on the poorvette goes live at midnight. Gotta get it home tonight but I'm not wanting to risk a no insurance fine so I wait like...
Dont get pulled over.
I waited until midnight to move the car. Sat in a bar across the street from where the car was stored. It felt like an epic waste of time but the fines are :mindblown: and I also have an expired plate sticker and roll with no front plate so I would literally be driving with a target on my back.

It all turned out fine after all and I'm glad that I waited.
Barnes93cb

Tarspin wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 6:09 am
Barnes93cb wrote:
Dont get pulled over.
I waited until midnight to move the car. Sat in a bar across the street from where the car was stored. It felt like an epic waste of time but the fines are :mindblown: and I also have an expired plate sticker and roll with no front plate so I would literally be driving with a target on my back.

I ran no front plate for a few years. Granted SC doesnt require it. And MD didnt know I took it off.

But I had expired tags for like 4 months once.
The miata tags expired this month. I need to figure out if I can renew them online.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Barnes93cb wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 6:09 am I waited until midnight to move the car. Sat in a bar across the street from where the car was stored. It felt like an epic waste of time but the fines are :mindblown: and I also have an expired plate sticker and roll with no front plate so I would literally be driving with a target on my back.

I ran no front plate for a few years. Granted SC doesnt require it. And MD didnt know I took it off.

The miata tags expired this month. I need to figure out if I can renew them online.
I let my tags expire in Nov 2016 lol. The fine is as much as the tag itself so i feel like I'm #winning. I will likely buy some tags this week
Barnes93cb

Tarspin wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 6:28 am
Barnes93cb wrote:

I let my tags expire in Nov 2016 lol. The fine is as much as the tag itself so i feel like I'm #winning. I will likely buy some tags this week
Thats just impressive.