OT 13: Unholy Guacamole

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:06 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:58 am Extra $143 in my check today from that raise after taxes and other deductions. Need to take at look at the actual paystub after CFO passes them out later to see how I want to actually up my retirement contributions and cash savings. Living comfortably right now, so going to try to put pretty much all of that money away and keep spending at the same rate as I am now.
Nice. Go get a celebratory steak. :wasteful:

I think my pay increase shows up in the next paycheck. Not sure. Who knows when/if we get a bonus. Whatever.
Not a bad idea. I spent some of the money pre-ordering a record :wasteful: :millennial:

I've never worked somewhere where we get bonuses. Would be cool.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:05 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:00 pm

Yeah but loaner so IMPOSSIBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE
Oh yeah that's right. Loaner means nothing can be done, dealer pretty much has him by the balls on this one and he'll be forced to pay too much for tires. Shame he can't get the car back, take a half day, and get tires on his car for a reasonable price like the rest of the USA. :sad:
VW Tech: "Hey, Crang, you mind giving me a foot massage? Working on these cars is tough on the ole' feet"

Crang:. "What? No. Are you insa...."

VW:. "Uh, we gave you a loaner..."

Crang:. "Oh, sorry, I didn't realize. I guess I can do it but just for a minute"

VW:. "And a blow job."

Crang:. "That is COMPLETELY inappropriate..."

VW:. *Points to base model Jetta loaner*

Crang:. :dock:
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

OOOooOOOOhhHHHHHH!!!!

VW service dept and :crang: ?

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

So i registered with godaddy.com and they have the option to add email, and thats where the catch lies... monthly fees are more than the cost of annual domain ownership. I guess I will need to put my :scrooge: tendencies aside lol
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Holy crap! I found my old Flickr page circa 2009/2010! This is during my first marriage when I lived in NYC and was teaching yoga with my (ex)wife. Also has some 40k miniatures in there.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/45490226@N05/

Enjoy!
nuggstein
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2012 GTI

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:15 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:05 pm

Oh yeah that's right. Loaner means nothing can be done, dealer pretty much has him by the balls on this one and he'll be forced to pay too much for tires. Shame he can't get the car back, take a half day, and get tires on his car for a reasonable price like the rest of the USA. :sad:
VW Tech: "Hey, Crang, you mind giving me a foot massage? Working on these cars is tough on the ole' feet"

Crang:. "Oh, sorry, I didn't realize. I guess I can do it but just for a minute"

It's actually a fulled loaded Jetta SEL...so I might just have to give them two blowjobs.
:crang:
nuggstein

now I need to deal with parts manager because of the "difference" in the model number....XL vs. non-XL. dafuq. hope this guy calls me back soon.
SAWCE

Just got the pay stub. Raise wound up being 11.126%. I knew it was a bit over 10%, but didn't hear exactly whay my boss said I was being increased to to calculate it out myself after we talked last Friday. Ballin.

Putting an extra 1% into both my traditional 401k and Roth 401k for a total of 14% going there. Increasing my cash savings through direct deposit by $50/check. Then after I see what my next check looks like with those all taken out, I'll probably throw an extra $25/check at my Roth IRA.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

nuggstein wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:36 pm

It's actually a fulled loaded Jetta SEL...so I might just have to give them two blowjobs.
:lolgasm:
Last edited by KYGTIGuy on Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SAWCE

datgrundle wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:31 pm Holy crap! I found my old Flickr page circa 2009/2010! This is during my first marriage when I lived in NYC and was teaching yoga with my (ex)wife. Also has some 40k miniatures in there.

Enjoy!
Such hair. Very :jesus: . So wow. :doge: .

Ex-wife is cute. She still single?
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:49 pm
datgrundle wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:31 pm Holy crap! I found my old Flickr page circa 2009/2010! This is during my first marriage when I lived in NYC and was teaching yoga with my (ex)wife. Also has some 40k miniatures in there.

Enjoy!
Such hair. Very :jesus: . So wow. :doge: .

Ex-wife is cute. She still single?
She might, haven't kept contact. And you two would prolly really dig each other. She is a ghost on the internet though. She came from LA out to NYC and is way more of a west coast girl.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:21 am Image
Creepy AF :yikes:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:48 pm Just got the pay stub. Raise wound up being 11.126%. I knew it was a bit over 10%, but didn't hear exactly whay my boss said I was being increased to to calculate it out myself after we talked last Friday. Ballin.

Putting an extra 1% into both my traditional 401k and Roth 401k for a total of 14% going there. Increasing my cash savings through direct deposit by $50/check. Then after I see what my next check looks like with those all taken out, I'll probably throw an extra $25/check at my Roth IRA.
:nice:
If you have any debts/loans, throw cash at them to get rid of them pronto.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:11 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:48 pm Just got the pay stub. Raise wound up being 11.126%. I knew it was a bit over 10%, but didn't hear exactly whay my boss said I was being increased to to calculate it out myself after we talked last Friday. Ballin.

:word: The :jeep: loan at 2.79% is low enough that I'll see more money in the long run by investing rather than paying it off even earlier than I'm scheduled to. I do have a personal loan from consolidating credit cards a while ago that is at 9%, so I may try to throw an extra $100 at that every month or something depending on how things look after these increase contributions next check.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

:waxer: :waxer: :waxer:
:waxer: :sawce: :waxer:
:waxer: :waxer: :waxer:

:fuckyeah:
Johnny_P

SAWCE wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:25 pm

:word: The :jeep: loan at 2.79% is low enough that I'll see more money in the long run by investing rather than paying it off even earlier than I'm scheduled to. I do have a personal loan from consolidating credit cards a while ago that is at 9%, so I may try to throw an extra $100 at that every month or something depending on how things look after these increase contributions next check.
Get rid of that CC debt fo' sho'
Johnny_P

nuggstein wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:36 pm

Image Image
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P

datgrundle wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:41 pm
:airboat:
nuggstein

New update on the tires.

Apparently the Sears price is "online order only," and VW will not price match online orders. Whereas if you walk into the store, the tires cost $151. Spoke with the Parts Manager at VW diller, he said they are indeed the same tires. So I asked him if they could do $151, he said he'll give me the tires for $140 a piece (cheaper than Tire Rack, and he gets them for $135, so he's only making $5 on them), and they will heavily discount the tire mounting even more than 15%, so I think $25/tire. Initially VW wanted $170 per tire.

I don't think it's too bad. I told them to do it.
Last edited by nuggstein on Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

nuggstein wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:09 pm New update on the tires.

Apparently the Sears price is "only order only," and VW will not price match online orders. Whereas if you walk into the store, the tires cost $151. Spoke with the Parts Manager at VW diller, he said they are indeed the same tires. So I asked him if they could do $151, he said he'll give me the tires for $140 a piece (cheaper than Tire Rack, and he gets them for $135, so he's only making $5 on them), and they will heavily discount the tire mounting even more than 15%, so I think $25/tire. Initially VW wanted $170 per tire.

What a guy
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

You'll like the tires
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

nuggstein wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:09 pm New update on the tires.

Apparently the Sears price is "only order only," and VW will not price match online orders. Whereas if you walk into the store, the tires cost $151. Spoke with the Parts Manager at VW diller, he said they are indeed the same tires. So I asked him if they could do $151, he said he'll give me the tires for $140 a piece (cheaper than Tire Rack, and he gets them for $135, so he's only making $5 on them), and they will heavily discount the tire mounting even more than 15%, so I think $25/tire. Initially VW wanted $170 per tire.

So $660 mounted and balanced? That's pretty cheap for :225: . What did you end up choosing?
wap

:like:
Should have qualified. I meant any high interest loans.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:38 pm

Get rid of that CC debt fo' sho'
:dat: