Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:08 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:55 am
Does Banana do custom cut?

:notbad: for $65. I should look into that.
They don't. I switch between the online services for the deal. They are all about the same.
Such as? That is a pretty legit deal, I don't really need anything at the moment, but if I am able to switch jobs, I might, depending. My size is a little odd, such long torso, very large chest, much smallish waist, wow :doge: .

Speaking of, I've applied for about six jobs and so far the only thing I've heard is one rejection :lolol: . I'm really hoping the Bang Bus gig gets a lot less shitty come April, which it should. If that winds up happening, I'm pretty OK with sticking around for as long as it takes to find a new opportunity I'm truly excited about.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Also, I am getting another bonus and share option payout next month as the final part of the buyout, so I may as well at least stick around for that.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:08 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:55 am
Does Banana do custom cut?

:notbad: for $65. I should look into that.
They don't. I switch between the online services for the deal. They are all about the same.
Any links?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:16 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:15 am
Any links?
Yeah let me fire up the computer tonight
:popcorn:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:02 pm
[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:16 am

Yeah let me fire up the computer tonight
:thisisfine:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

So Michelle got an interview for a job up in Portland yesterday. Last night her dad also told her that someone from the Board of Directors at Sharp Healthcare out here asked for her resume after talking to him. She interned at Sharp and loves it there. That would be a dream job for her. I was/am excited about the possibility of leaving San Diego, but if she gets an offer there, it'll be too good to pass up in terms of quality of life and happiness/fulfillment from work. Which, let's keep it real, that's the only reason people get into social work since the pay will always be low. Switching to a private company like that will definitely give her more pay, and she'll be able to get her license while she's there which will open up more doors and pay opportunities.

After hearing that, I applied to a job out here this morning. My major complaint with where I work now is the commute. New job would be about 5 minutes from our place, which would be a huge game-changer for my happiness level staying out here. Currently I sit in traffic for about 2 hours a day, so cutting that down to even 20 minutes would be awesome.

But then at work this morning, I get told by a higher-up, that we have a new person starting on Tuesday, and she's going to shadow me for a while and then eventually take over some of what I do now because they know they can utilize me for a lot more.. I'm assuming (mostly hoping) that that would come with additional money, so I'd have to weigh that against any potential job offers and decide if the extra money would make the commute more worth while.
razr390

SAWCE wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:38 pm So Michelle got an interview for a job up in Portland yesterday. Last night her dad also told her that someone from the Board of Directors at Sharp Healthcare out here asked for her resume after talking to him. She interned at Sharp and loves it there. That would be a dream job for her. I was/am excited about the possibility of leaving San Diego, but if she gets an offer there, it'll be too good to pass up in terms of quality of life and happiness/fulfillment from work. Which, let's keep it real, that's the only reason people get into social work since the pay will always be low. Switching to a private company like that will definitely give her more pay, and she'll be able to get her license while she's there which will open up more doors and pay opportunities.

After hearing that, I applied to a job out here this morning. My major complaint with where I work now is the commute. New job would be about 5 minutes from our place, which would be a huge game-changer for my happiness level staying out here. Currently I sit in traffic for about 2 hours a day, so cutting that down to even 20 minutes would be awesome.

But then at work this morning, I get told by a higher-up, that we have a new person starting on Tuesday, and she's going to shadow me for a while and then eventually take over some of what I do now because they know they can utilize me for a lot more.. I'm assuming (mostly hoping) that that would come with additional money, so I'd have to weigh that against any potential job offers and decide if the extra money would make the commute more worth while.
:fuckyeah: in all directions.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE

[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:19 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:02 pm
So there are like three or four I go to frequently and hunt deals from there. Quality is about the same on all of them. Made in Malaysia or China, it's a shirt, ya know? They all get you on the custom stuff. Contrasting collars or cuffs make the prices skyrocket.

1) www.moderntailor.com -- consistently affordable without sales - like $50
2) www.indochino.com -- a bit more expensive but they have killer sales every few months (like half off). I have a suit from them I love that I got for $250
3) www.mytailorstore.com -- was my go to for a long time but then their prices crept up. Like $75 now.
4) www.propercloth.com -- I only have two from here because they were $85 BUT they are the highest quality non-iron shirts I've ever had.
5) www.studioshirts.com -- I've never ordered from here but their prices are nuts ($35?!) So I'll have to try it at some point
How's the quality on the indochino suit? I always see their sales and get tempted to jump on one. I need to try some of these for custom fitted shirts. We're getting Suit Supply shop out here. I imagine they do custom shirts too, but probably more expensive than you're linking.
SAWCE

[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:27 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:23 pm

How's the quality on the indochino suit? I always see their sales and get tempted to jump on one. I need to try some of these for custom fitted shirts. We're getting Suit Supply shop out here. I imagine they do custom shirts too, but probably more expensive than you're linking.
It's as good as a banana suit for sure.

I am going to drop some cash this spring on custom fitted blazers that fit to have more room on one side for my sidearm to be worn under. That's going to be a bit more expensive I suspect.
That's hot. I'm happy with how that Hugo Boss suit turned out, but for the money I spent, I wish I'd gone full custom.
SAWCE

[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:44 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:31 pm

That's hot. I'm happy with how that Hugo Boss suit turned out, but for the money I spent, I wish I'd gone full custom.
An inexpensive suit that fits well looks better than an expensive suit that doesn't.
:word:
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

:[user not found]: did you measure yourself or go somewhere to get measured?
SAWCE

Well, already got a rejection email from that job I applied to this morning. Damn.

Also finally found about about my raise at work. 10%, which is less than the 10k my boss requested for me, but about what I was expecting to get.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

SAWCE wrote:Well, already got a rejection email from that job I applied to this morning. Damn.

Also finally found about about my raise at work. 10%, which is less than the 10k my boss requested for me, but about what I was expecting to get.
10% is pretty good.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
SAWCE

[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:49 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:05 pm Well, already got a rejection email from that job I applied to this morning. Damn.

10% is a killer raise!
Yeah I’m happy with it. The commute still sucks, but this makes it suck a little less.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Calvinball wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:15 pm
SAWCE wrote:Well, already got a rejection email from that job I applied to this morning. Damn.

10% is pretty good.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:dat:
I'd love a 10% raise.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:12 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:37 pm

Yeah I’m happy with it. The commute still sucks, but this makes it suck a little less.
And maybe more to come if they move you to a manager role.
Yeah. Sounds like I’ll be training the new girl, so I’ll try to get her up to my speed quickly and hope my boss recognizes me for that.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:38 pm So Michelle got an interview for a job up in Portland yesterday. Last night her dad also told her that someone from the Board of Directors at Sharp Healthcare out here asked for her resume after talking to him. She interned at Sharp and loves it there. That would be a dream job for her. I was/am excited about the possibility of leaving San Diego, but if she gets an offer there, it'll be too good to pass up in terms of quality of life and happiness/fulfillment from work. Which, let's keep it real, that's the only reason people get into social work since the pay will always be low. Switching to a private company like that will definitely give her more pay, and she'll be able to get her license while she's there which will open up more doors and pay opportunities.

Dude, your lady is reaching out to accomodate your wanderlust, and she's succeeding. You keep reeling her back in and you're going to find yourself in trouble. Two people can't find perfect jobs simultaneously. You need to have real talk about where you want to be.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:51 am
Apex wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:57 pm :[user not found]: did you measure yourself or go somewhere to get measured?
Measured myself
:notbad: I should look into this.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:51 am
Apex wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:57 pm :[user not found]: did you measure yourself or go somewhere to get measured?
Measured myself
But all they really need for you is :alpo: girth, no?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

[user not found] wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:15 am
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:38 pm

Easy there pilgrim. Read the bolded parts to yourself and whoa man whoa!
He’s got a point. But the commute does blow.

How long until the new shop is built again?
It could still be another 12-18 months before we break ground at this rate.
razr390

fledonfoot wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:58 am
[user not found] wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:15 am

He’s got a point. But the commute does blow.

How long until the new shop is built again?
Why not work with other departments in the dealer and learn new stuff in your downtime?
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:54 am

Dude, your lady is reaching out to accomodate your wanderlust, and she's succeeding. You keep reeling her back in and you're going to find yourself in trouble. Two people can't find perfect jobs simultaneously. You need to have real talk about where you want to be.
Sorry, I don’t think I’ve explained this well.

We both want/like the idea of leaving San Diego. We were set on doing so until she found out about the potential with Sharp. It’s a dream job for her, and would make staying here worth it to her, so I told her to pursue it and if she gets it I’ll be happy staying here with her and I’ll just work on finding a better career out here myself.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

razr390 wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:10 am
fledonfoot wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:58 am

Why not work with other departments in the dealer and learn new stuff in your downtime?
Dealerships don't work that way. I've already worked in sales and some sales management over the years, and the only way for me to grow is in to service management.
razr390

fledonfoot wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:26 am
razr390 wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:10 am

Dealerships don't work that way. I've already worked in sales and some sales management over the years, and the only way for me to grow is in to service management.
:sad:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:18 am
Desertbreh wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:54 am

Sorry, I don’t think I’ve explained this well.

We both want/like the idea of leaving San Diego. We were set on doing so until she found out about the potential with Sharp. It’s a dream job for her, and would make staying here worth it to her, so I told her to pursue it and if she gets it I’ll be happy staying here with her and I’ll just work on finding a better career out here myself.
I see I was confused on the back and forth between Portland and Sharp.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.