OT 13: Unholy Guacamole

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:19 pm
nuggstein wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:13 pm Honestly, the worst thing that happened recently...my sister got me a surround sound set for a combination birthday/Hanukkah gift. I went home to see my family, she gave it to me, it was in a large Vizio cardboard box. And there was a huge fucking hole in. I could literally just stick my hand and arm in and grab cables if I wanted to. I was very appreciative of the gift, seriously, it's very nice. But I asked her if she called Amazon to rectify the hole in the box issue. She said no. I asked my mom if she called. No. No one called or even thought to call, and they "thought it was okay." Yeah, okay. Huge box with electronics, who knows what kind of weather it went through, but it's okay to have a box with a hole delivered? I said, "if I gave you a package with a huge hole in you'd be pissed." Giving many examples. But they both gave me the runaround that I wasn't appreciative of the gift. I told my sister she should call, Amazon will make it right and she might save some money, before the return period is up, which was soon. After tons of arguing, I was the one who had to dial the number. Amazon lady answers the phone, my mom starts giving my sister's email address, but it ended up being my mom's account, so they couldn't verify. My mom walked away because she got pissed, I asked my sister to go take the phone, nope. I told my mom to go back there, that I wasn't doing this for them, nope. They ended up yelling and yelling, while this poor woman can hear everything, and then my mom had my sister just hang up the phone without saying anything. After arguing before I left home, telling them that they are wrong, that they always disagree with me on everything, I got the "no time" shit over and over. My sister said she'd call again. I said tonight? She said she will try. And then it never happened.

I was so fucking pissed.
actual pic of the :crang: :haus:
:thisisfine:
:dat: :hue:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

nuggstein wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:26 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:25 pm

Pharmacy stuff?

Should be fun when it comes time to put the right pills in the right bottle or someone does.
She's already done that, she was a pharmacy tech for years. Now she does research and stuff for doctors, makes speeches at symposiums, and recently got published in some journal as a co-writer for an article.
She's obviously capable.

Rabbit hole gets deeper......
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

wap wrote:
Calvinball wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:59 am I promise you my parents are significantly older than his mom. My mom had back surgery a year ago, and my dad just had surgery yesterday. I haven’t had any guilt laden frantic phone calls from either them or my sister about this storm. There’s more going on than just an old parent.

That said, since you’ve joined up here I don’t think you’ve really seen much of the world of crang cause he done growed up a lot in the past year or so. Lotta backstory and drama with his family (don’t mean that in a mean way, just giving context).

Sent from the Beer Depository
All :dat:
What's the story on your dad? He ok?
Yeah he’s doing fine. Getting d/c-ed right about now actually.

:therapist:
wap

Calvinball wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:32 pm
wap wrote: All :dat:
What's the story on your dad? He ok?
Yeah he’s doing fine. Getting d/c-ed right about now actually.

Good to hear!
Care to say what he had/is having done?
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Snopocalypse it's slowly being surpassed by the Nuggpocalypse
Calvinball

wap wrote:
Calvinball wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:32 pm Yeah he’s doing fine. Getting d/c-ed right about now actually.

Good to hear!
Laser ablation, prostate.

wap

Calvinball wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:49 pm
wap wrote: Good to hear!
Laser ablation, prostate.

Oh wow. Sounds painful. Hope it's not and he's up and about soon.

Fucking prostate. It'll fuck all men up eventually. :disgust:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Just paid my carpool lane violation ticket. $541. Fuck me.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

:popcorn:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

SAWCE wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:41 pm Just paid my carpool lane violation ticket. $541. Fuck me.
not bad looking dude but hard pass
brain go brrrrrr
nuggstein
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2012 GTI

SAWCE wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:41 pm Just paid my carpool lane violation ticket. $541. Fuck me.
Geez. Why is that ticket much more than an actual dangerous violation?
:crang:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

nuggstein wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:50 pm
To keep people from driving in the carpool lane when they shouldn't. If it was cheap, everyone would drive in the lane and it would be worthless.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
nuggstein
Drives: 2012 GTI

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:34 am
Ah fun stuff. I've done that, shoveled an entire alleyway before. Woke up at like 4 AM and got to work about 30 mins late. :iono: but I also went out at like 10 PM the night before and pre-shoveled a bit so it wasn't that bad. I was always confused when people would call out saying they couldn't make it in due to snow, because there I was with my lowered Ford Focus, or my tiny GTI, and made it in just fine.

IMO a lot of it is just being young and stupid. Like the guy that works for me who has the Genesis coupe and can't drive it in the snow. Motherfucker you chose to live in an area that gets snow, if your car is undriveable in the white stuff you should probably fix that by either getting snow tires or a different car. You make enough to rectify the situation so :doit:
I mean, I somewhat agree with you, but I disagree with the car thing. Why should someone buy a different car just to get to work? Might as well throw "enjoying life" out the window.
:crang:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

nuggstein wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:13 pm Honestly, the worst thing that happened recently...my sister got me a surround sound set for a combination birthday/Hanukkah gift. I went home to see my family, she gave it to me, it was in a large Vizio cardboard box. And there was a huge fucking hole in. I could literally just stick my hand and arm in and grab cables if I wanted to. I was very appreciative of the gift, seriously, it's very nice. But I asked her if she called Amazon to rectify the hole in the box issue. She said no. I asked my mom if she called. No. No one called or even thought to call, and they "thought it was okay." Yeah, okay. Huge box with electronics, who knows what kind of weather it went through, but it's okay to have a box with a hole delivered? I said, "if I gave you a package with a huge hole in you'd be pissed." Giving many examples. But they both gave me the runaround that I wasn't appreciative of the gift. I told my sister she should call, Amazon will make it right and she might save some money, before the return period is up, which was soon. After tons of arguing, I was the one who had to dial the number. Amazon lady answers the phone, my mom starts giving my sister's email address, but it ended up being my mom's account, so they couldn't verify. My mom walked away because she got pissed, I asked my sister to go take the phone, nope. I told my mom to go back there, that I wasn't doing this for them, nope. They ended up yelling and yelling, while this poor woman can hear everything, and then my mom had my sister just hang up the phone without saying anything. After arguing before I left home, telling them that they are wrong, that they always disagree with me on everything, I got the "no time" shit over and over. My sister said she'd call again. I said tonight? She said she will try. And then it never happened.

I was so fucking pissed.
:nope:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

nuggstein wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:52 pm
Ah fun stuff. I've done that, shoveled an entire alleyway before. Woke up at like 4 AM and got to work about 30 mins late. :iono: but I also went out at like 10 PM the night before and pre-shoveled a bit so it wasn't that bad. I was always confused when people would call out saying they couldn't make it in due to snow, because there I was with my lowered Ford Focus, or my tiny GTI, and made it in just fine.

IMO a lot of it is just being young and stupid. Like the guy that works for me who has the Genesis coupe and can't drive it in the snow. Motherfucker you chose to live in an area that gets snow, if your car is undriveable in the white stuff you should probably fix that by either getting snow tires or a different car. You make enough to rectify the situation so :doit:
I mean, I somewhat agree with you, but I disagree with the car thing. Why should someone buy a different car just to get to work? Might as well throw "enjoying life" out the window.
You should plan ahead and understand the risks. AKA if you have a RWD car, you get winter tires.

Just because you want to enjoy life doesn’t mean you should be jaded and blind to contingency planning to ensure you can make the best impression and be the best you can be.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Uh, what?
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

All tickets should be based on income

Adam Smith would approve
Calvinball

This storm is no joke.

Apex
Drives: Abominable

Calvinball wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:10 pm This storm is no joke.

:dat:

It's dumping on us. Thunder snow and all. :megusta:
ChrisoftheNorth

nuggstein wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:52 pm

:wat:

You need money to buy a car. You make money at work. How can you buy a car and :aintcare: if it can get you to work every day?

That's :fullretard:

In the case of the Hyundai driver, buy some damned snow tires. Even in RWD, that'll get you through most anything.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:16 pm
Calvinball wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:10 pm This storm is no joke.

:dat:

It's dumping on us. Thunder snow and all. :megusta:
Love thunder snow. We haven't gotten it this season.
wap

Pics of storm?

:wub: thunder snow.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

fuck a duck i having a wave of tired hitting like a ton of brix
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:45 pm
not bad looking dude but hard pass
What if I wear a dress?
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:51 pm
nuggstein wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:50 pm

To keep people from driving in the carpool lane when they shouldn't. If it was cheap, everyone would drive in the lane and it would be worthless.
:word: I was hoping it'd be a bit cheaper since I wasn't just cruising down the freeway in the carpool lane solo. Traffic was extra bad that morning and I didn't want to be late to work so I hopped off on a carpool only exit that spits you out on a much more direct route to my office. Of course the officer didn't know that, since he was just chilling right off the off-ramp on that road, or have any reason to believe me. Lesson learned the hard way.