OT 13: Unholy Guacamole

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:47 am :millennial:

Yesterday my :millennial: workforce was asking if they had to come in today. I blank stared at them and said we're open for business tomorrow, if it's dangerous outside then call your lead engineer and discuss in the morning. We got about 1" of snow which didn't accumulate on the roads, and it's been raining off and on. Brutal conditions here.

One guy wanted to stay home because one of his tires is bald. :fullretard:

One wanted to stay home because he drives a RWD genesis coupe that's bad in the snow :fullretard:

Such snowflakes.
:pussy:

In my first job out of college I was working for a guy who was former military - well, sort of former - he was still in the reserves. Overnight one day we got absolutely dumped on, probably 7-8 inches. At the time I was renting a house with some friends in a 1920's neighborhood with alleys the city never plowed, and my car was parked in the garage that opened into said alley. I shoveled around the garage opening and tried to drive out in my winter beater 1996 Skylark, but pretty much immediately got stuck. Got some cat litter, and with some digging and rocking the car, I managed to get the car back into the garage a few minutes later.

Seemingly defeated, I called my boss and told him I wasn't going to be able to make it in. He called me back just after 8:00 and said "The receptionist is here and she's 65, get your ass in here." Yeah, I'm thinking, she also drives a 4Runner. :rolleyes: So I went back out and, since I didn't have a snowblower, shoveled the entire alley from the garage to the nearest side street 4 houses down. An hour later I was in the car, but the roads were still shit, and it took me util almost 10am to get to work. When I popped into my boss' office to let him know I'd made it in and that I'd had to shovel the entire alleyway, all he said to me was "I guess you should have woken up earlier." This was far from the only time I wanted to leap over his desk to choke him out, but got damn.

Fast forward to last summer I happened to be on a flight back from San Francisco with this dude. He didn't seem to recognize me during the flight (dat beard, doe), but after we made it back to Indy I was waiting for my coworker to get off the plane who was seated farther back and he walked by me, giving me that "I know you from somewhere" puzzled look. After my coworker got off the plane we went down to baggage claim and ours came out pretty quickly, he was still waiting. As we started to leave I glanced over at the guy and saw him looking straight at me, and spur of the moment thought it was a good idea to flip him the bird.

The look on his face. :lol: Didn't feel anywhere near as good punching him in his stupid face would have, but good enough. :fuckyeah:
Last edited by coogles on Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Calvinball wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:59 am
Sno wrote:
Bruh. Parents get old. And usually mildly crazy. She had you so you’ll take care of her.

This is like people who have kids then say “omg they never sleep! They always cry!”

Right. It’s an infant. Did you think you were getting one of those special snowflake ones?
I promise you my parents are significantly older than his mom. My mom had back surgery a year ago, and my dad just had surgery yesterday. I haven’t had any guilt laden frantic phone calls from either them or my sister about this storm. There’s more going on than just an old parent.

That said, since you’ve joined up here I don’t think you’ve really seen much of the world of crang cause he done growed up a lot in the past year or so. Lotta backstory and drama with his family (don’t mean that in a mean way, just giving context).

Sent from the Beer Depository
All :dat:
What's the story on your dad? He ok?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:47 am
fledonfoot wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:05 am I had an inch of snow at 530am when I got up, but it was raining. Forecast varies from 4-6 to 8-12 all morning.
Text message from my boss at 6am - open.
I called my boss and said “look, I’m calling this. It took more than 4 hours to get home in Friday’s storm... plus we spent all day yesterday cancelling appointments, and loaded the shop with customer and inventory cars to keep them out of the snow. I’m not driving in for a commission based job when you made us tell customers to stay home. What’s the point? I’m not sitting around doing nothing so you can send me home at 3pm and wasting my day. See you tomorrow.”
:millennial:

Yesterday my :millennial: workforce was asking if they had to come in today. I blank stared at them and said we're open for business tomorrow, if it's dangerous outside then call your lead engineer and discuss in the morning. We got about 1" of snow which didn't accumulate on the roads, and it's been raining off and on. Brutal conditions here.

One wanted to stay home because he drives a RWD genesis coupe that's bad in the snow :fullretard:

Such snowflakes.
Dude, they just want a day off. Free beer and hot wings at Dave and Buster's would have them breaking speed records.

Fun to take a snow day in the weather you guys are getting.
wap

Caught a cold. :rage:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:16 am
nuggstein wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:18 am

Well, my mom is sick...my sister did not really attempt to get anyone to help when I couldn't really use my phone after 2 PM yesterday, moreso freaked out the entire time about the possibility of my mom freaking out. And my sister is "not able" to use the snowblower. My mom has always told my sister that she can't do certain things, and my sister agrees with it. So she's under the impression that it's too heavy, can't reverse her car in the driveway because she'll hit the garage, shit like that. Can't take the garbage outside into the back of the house (which is fenced off) because someone will take her.

I asked my sister what will happen once she moves out of the house. What are we gonna do, all drive to mom's house to shovel snow?

I told my sister yesterday to stop by the ATM to get cash to pay the kids to shovel if she was able to get any...she asked me if she could use a check instead LOL. Terrified to use an ATM.
:wtf:
Your sister sounds waaaay messed up.
You can say that again
wap

fledonfoot wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:05 am I had an inch of snow at 530am when I got up, but it was raining. Forecast varies from 4-6 to 8-12 all morning.
I called my boss and said “look, I’m calling this. It took more than 4 hours to get home in Friday’s storm... plus we spent all day yesterday cancelling appointments, and loaded the shop with customer and inventory cars to keep them out of the snow. I’m not driving in for a commission based job when you made us tell customers to stay home. What’s the point? I’m not sitting around doing nothing so you can send me home at 3pm and wasting my day. See you tomorrow.”
:ohdang: :impressive:
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:47 am
:millennial:

Such snowflakes.
:disappoint:
wap

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:17 am
must need a good deep :dock: ing
:notbad:
Volunteering?
wap

coogles wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:22 am

Such snowflakes.

In my first job out of college I was working for a guy who was former military - well, sort of former - he was still in the reserves. Overnight one day we got absolutely dumped on, probably 7-8 inches. At the time I was renting a house with some friends in a 1920's neighborhood with alleys the city never plowed, and my car was parked in the garage that opened into said alley. I shoveled around the garage opening and tried to drive out in my winter beater 1996 Skylark, but pretty much immediately got stuck. Got some cat litter, and with some digging and rocking the car, I managed to get the car back into the garage a few minutes later.

Seemingly defeated, I called my boss and told him I wasn't going to be able to make it in. He called me back just after 8:00 and said "The receptionist is here and she's 65, get your ass in here." Yeah, I'm thinking, she also drives a 4Runner. :rolleyes: So I went back out and, since I didn't have a snowblower, shoveled the entire alley from the garage to the nearest side street 4 houses down. An hour later I was in the car, but the roads were still shit, and it took me util almost 10am to get to work. When I popped into my boss' office to let him know I'd made it in and that I'd had to shovel the entire alleyway, all he said to me was "I guess you should have woken up earlier." This was far from the only time I wanted to leap over his desk to choke him out, but got damn.

Fast forward to last summer I happened to be on a flight back from San Francisco with this dude. He didn't seem to recognize me during the flight (dat beard, doe), but after we made it back to Indy I was waiting for my coworker to get off the plane who was seated farther back and he walked by me, giving me that "I know you from somewhere" puzzled look. After my coworker got off the plane we went down to baggage claim and ours came out pretty quickly, he was still waiting. As we started to leave I glanced over at the guy and saw him looking straight at me, and spur of the moment thought it was a good idea to flip him the bird.

The look on his face. :lol: Didn't feel anywhere near as good punching him in his stupid face would have, but good enough. :fuckyeah:
:lolol: :bravo:
wap

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:26 am
You can say that again
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:28 am

Volunteering?
:disgust:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Such snowflakes.

Ah fun stuff. I've done that, shoveled an entire alleyway before. Woke up at like 4 AM and got to work about 30 mins late. :iono: but I also went out at like 10 PM the night before and pre-shoveled a bit so it wasn't that bad. I was always confused when people would call out saying they couldn't make it in due to snow, because there I was with my lowered Ford Focus, or my tiny GTI, and made it in just fine.

IMO a lot of it is just being young and stupid. Like the guy that works for me who has the Genesis coupe and can't drive it in the snow. Motherfucker you chose to live in an area that gets snow, if your car is undriveable in the white stuff you should probably fix that by either getting snow tires or a different car. You make enough to rectify the situation so :doit:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Volunteering?
:nope: never stick your dick in crazy. also married, but first things first.
brain go brrrrrr
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:36 am

Volunteering?
:iswydt:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Such snowflakes.

actual gif of coogles
brain go brrrrrr
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:40 am actual gif of coogles
Yep, and I'd do it again too. :aintcare:
wap

coogles wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:33 am

Volunteering?
:disgust:
:lolol:
nuggstein
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2012 GTI

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:50 am
nuggstein wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:18 am

Well, my mom is sick...my sister did not really attempt to get anyone to help when I couldn't really use my phone after 2 PM yesterday, moreso freaked out the entire time about the possibility of my mom freaking out. And my sister is "not able" to use the snowblower. My mom has always told my sister that she can't do certain things, and my sister agrees with it. So she's under the impression that it's too heavy, can't reverse her car in the driveway because she'll hit the garage, shit like that. Can't take the garbage outside into the back of the house (which is fenced off) because someone will take her.

I asked my sister what will happen once she moves out of the house. What are we gonna do, all drive to mom's house to shovel snow?

I told my sister yesterday to stop by the ATM to get cash to pay the kids to shovel if she was able to get any...she asked me if she could use a check instead LOL. Terrified to use an ATM.
Man the :crang: household is all sorts of WTF.

Can't take garbage out because she'll get taken? Like in the Liam Neeson movies? :wtf:

Is she allowed to use power tools like a drill or are they too scary too?
Not sure if she's ever even screwed in a lightbulb. Getting her to unplug the cable receiver box is like pulling teeth. She's afraid things will break. Same thing for printer. On the screen it said press "OK", she didn't know what to do. I am always called if the cable goes out. What am I supposed to do about that? Call up Verizon! But I always get that she "doesn't have time." That comes from both her and my mom. She works full time and also goes to school online for her masters for pharmaceutical stuff. But she doesn't have time to breathe, eat, etc. Prob why she's underweight.

A while back her laptop came with Windows 8, the start screen literally was like, "Enter your name, select a profile color." She didn't know what to do, so I wiped it and gave her back Windows 7. Crazy stuff.
Last edited by nuggstein on Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:crang:
wap

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:36 am

Volunteering?
Now that's some :fax: worth sharing.
wap

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:40 am

actual gif of coogles
:lolol:
nuggstein

Honestly, the worst thing that happened recently...my sister got me a surround sound set for a combination birthday/Hanukkah gift. I went home to see my family, she gave it to me, it was in a large Vizio cardboard box. And there was a huge fucking hole in. I could literally just stick my hand and arm in and grab cables if I wanted to. I was very appreciative of the gift, seriously, it's very nice. But I asked her if she called Amazon to rectify the hole in the box issue. She said no. I asked my mom if she called. No. No one called or even thought to call, and they "thought it was okay." Yeah, okay. Huge box with electronics, who knows what kind of weather it went through, but it's okay to have a box with a hole delivered? I said, "if I gave you a package with a huge hole in you'd be pissed." Giving many examples. But they both gave me the runaround that I wasn't appreciative of the gift. I told my sister she should call, Amazon will make it right and she might save some money, before the return period is up, which was soon. After tons of arguing, I was the one who had to dial the number. Amazon lady answers the phone, my mom starts giving my sister's email address, but it ended up being my mom's account, so they couldn't verify. My mom walked away because she got pissed, I asked my sister to go take the phone, nope. I told my mom to go back there, that I wasn't doing this for them, nope. They ended up yelling and yelling, while this poor woman can hear everything, and then my mom had my sister just hang up the phone without saying anything. After arguing before I left home, telling them that they are wrong, that they always disagree with me on everything, I got the "no time" shit over and over. My sister said she'd call again. I said tonight? She said she will try. And then it never happened.

I was so fucking pissed.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

nuggstein wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:13 pm Honestly, the worst thing that happened recently...my sister got me a surround sound set for a combination birthday/Hanukkah gift. I went home to see my family, she gave it to me, it was in a large Vizio cardboard box. And there was a huge fucking hole in. I could literally just stick my hand and arm in and grab cables if I wanted to. I was very appreciative of the gift, seriously, it's very nice. But I asked her if she called Amazon to rectify the hole in the box issue. She said no. I asked my mom if she called. No. No one called or even thought to call, and they "thought it was okay." Yeah, okay. Huge box with electronics, who knows what kind of weather it went through, but it's okay to have a box with a hole delivered? I said, "if I gave you a package with a huge hole in you'd be pissed." Giving many examples. But they both gave me the runaround that I wasn't appreciative of the gift. I told my sister she should call, Amazon will make it right and she might save some money, before the return period is up, which was soon. After tons of arguing, I was the one who had to dial the number. Amazon lady answers the phone, my mom starts giving my sister's email address, but it ended up being my mom's account, so they couldn't verify. My mom walked away because she got pissed, I asked my sister to go take the phone, nope. I told my mom to go back there, that I wasn't doing this for them, nope. They ended up yelling and yelling, while this poor woman can hear everything, and then my mom had my sister just hang up the phone without saying anything. After arguing before I left home, telling them that they are wrong, that they always disagree with me on everything, I got the "no time" shit over and over. My sister said she'd call again. I said tonight? She said she will try. And then it never happened.

I was so fucking pissed.
actual pic of the :crang: :haus:
:thisisfine:
brain go brrrrrr
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

nuggstein wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:00 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:50 am

Man the :crang: household is all sorts of WTF.

Can't take garbage out because she'll get taken? Like in the Liam Neeson movies? :wtf:

Is she allowed to use power tools like a drill or are they too scary too?
Not sure if she's ever even screwed in a lightbulb. Getting her to unplug the cable receiver box is like pulling teeth. She's afraid things will break. Same thing for printer. On the screen it said press "OK", she didn't know what to do. I am always called if the cable goes out. What am I supposed to do about that? Call up Verizon! But I always get that she "doesn't have time." That comes from both her and my mom. She works full time and also goes to school online for her masters for pharmaceutical stuff. But she doesn't have time to breathe, eat, etc. Prob why she's underweight.

A while back her laptop came with Windows 8, the start screen literally was like, "Enter your name, select a profile color." She didn't know what to do, so I wiped it and gave her back Windows 7. Crazy stuff.
Pharmacy stuff?

Should be fun when it comes time to put the right pills in the right bottle or someone does.
nuggstein

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:25 pm
nuggstein wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:00 pm

Pharmacy stuff?

Should be fun when it comes time to put the right pills in the right bottle or someone does.
She's already done that, she was a pharmacy tech for years. Now she does research and stuff for doctors, makes speeches at symposiums, and recently got published in some journal as a co-writer for an article.
wap

nuggstein wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:13 pm Honestly, the worst thing that happened recently...my sister got me a surround sound set for a combination birthday/Hanukkah gift. I went home to see my family, she gave it to me, it was in a large Vizio cardboard box. And there was a huge fucking hole in. I could literally just stick my hand and arm in and grab cables if I wanted to. I was very appreciative of the gift, seriously, it's very nice. But I asked her if she called Amazon to rectify the hole in the box issue. She said no. I asked my mom if she called. No. No one called or even thought to call, and they "thought it was okay." Yeah, okay. Huge box with electronics, who knows what kind of weather it went through, but it's okay to have a box with a hole delivered? I said, "if I gave you a package with a huge hole in you'd be pissed." Giving many examples. But they both gave me the runaround that I wasn't appreciative of the gift. I told my sister she should call, Amazon will make it right and she might save some money, before the return period is up, which was soon. After tons of arguing, I was the one who had to dial the number. Amazon lady answers the phone, my mom starts giving my sister's email address, but it ended up being my mom's account, so they couldn't verify. My mom walked away because she got pissed, I asked my sister to go take the phone, nope. I told my mom to go back there, that I wasn't doing this for them, nope. They ended up yelling and yelling, while this poor woman can hear everything, and then my mom had my sister just hang up the phone without saying anything. After arguing before I left home, telling them that they are wrong, that they always disagree with me on everything, I got the "no time" shit over and over. My sister said she'd call again. I said tonight? She said she will try. And then it never happened.

I was so fucking pissed.
Holy shit. I'd move faaaar away from that toxic shit hole if I were you.