OT 12: Pew Pew Pew

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:14 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:10 pm

If michelle and I have children, they’ve already lost the genetic lottery. Her family is riddled with mental health issues, and mine with cancer. Pick your poison.
From a purely scientific standpoint...does procreation in this instance really make sense? We legit considered how our kids would turn out in our decision to not have them.

:notsure:
We will likely adopt. I’ve always wanted to do that, and if we decide kids are right for us, that will be the best route.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SAWCE wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:25 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:14 pm
From a purely scientific standpoint...does procreation in this instance really make sense? We legit considered how our kids would turn out in our decision to not have them.

We will likely adopt. I’ve always wanted to do that, and if we decide kids are right for us, that will be the best route.
This is actually what we concluded too. If we decide we want kids later, we can adopt. Plenty of kids need a home.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:20 pm
Detroit wrote: I think certain relationshit stresses are normal. Wife and I go through it too. But we also decided we're both WAY too fucked up to have kids. We work awesome together and love our lives, but we'd probably really mess up a kid. Um, :nope:

But when we met, I was already in therapy and was open with wife about my problems. Incredibly, she came to the conclusion that she should start therapy too in order to straighten out her own issues. We both were in therapy with different therapists for a good year or so. We actually got married in that year, and I think working through our issues separately and discussing them with eachother as we did really strengthened out relationship.

I'm not 100% sold on relationshit therapy because you're still somewhat guarded. No matter what they say, it's not truly a safe space. I could go into my therapist by myself and unleash on an issue with my wife, and my therapist would help me understand what I can do to better the situation. And wife would do the same, and we'd work on it together outside of therapy in a calmer manner after.

I know that sometimes the only way to get someone to go is to go with them. I got lucky. But I absolutely believe that therapy is critical to a happy and successful life. We're all messed up in one way or another, having a professional assist with straightening out those issues is huge.
I might have to set up a few sessions. They are expensive and not covered by our group plans so a part of me really doesn't want to get started. plus I have seen mild and consistent improvements over the last two yrs.

With that said, we are very short with each other lately and both have our own issues too, realistically everyone does. My wife is cool with going so there's not much else holding us back. Things got pretty unglued after each baby, postpartum and sleep deprivation played a big part. I just always assumed these things sort themselves out on their own. Guess not.
A good therapist is worth a fortune in happiness. Keyword good. Sometimes it takes a few to find a good one. It's a travesty that mental health isn't covered for you. That's terrible.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

razr390 wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:03 pm Or hog tie her up and make her confess.
Waterboard that bitch till she tells you where she hid the loot?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:20 pm I might have to set up a few sessions. They are expensive and not covered by our group plans so a part of me really doesn't want to get started. plus I have seen mild and consistent improvements over the last two yrs.

With that said, we are very short with each other lately and both have our own issues too, realistically everyone does. My wife is cool with going so there's not much else holding us back. Things got pretty unglued after each baby, postpartum and sleep deprivation played a big part. I just always assumed these things sort themselves out on their own. Guess not.
A good therapist is worth a fortune in happiness. Keyword good. Sometimes it takes a few to find a good one. It's a travesty that mental health isn't covered for you. That's terrible.
Somehow neither healthcare nor insurance is willing to flip the bill. Pretty weird, since one in three people suffer from mental illness. It's legit expensive, like $200/hr so in a month we could get boned. I expect no less then once/week right?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:07 pm
Tarspin wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:08 pm I had this question in mind for a long time now, maybe since you used the term "estranged" to describe your mom once or twice. I had no idea, that sucks big time. My wife and I go through stresses that just don't make sense to me, nothing out of the ordinary like you speak of but signs are there that all is not well in Rottingham. Maybe we should start looking into so :therapist: visits just to make sure we are both on the right track. By both I mean :tits:
I think certain relationshit stresses are normal. Wife and I go through it too. But we also decided we're both WAY too fucked up to have kids. We work awesome together and love our lives, but we'd probably really mess up a kid. Um, :nope:

But when we met, I was already in therapy and was open with wife about my problems. Incredibly, she came to the conclusion that she should start therapy too in order to straighten out her own issues. We both were in therapy with different therapists for a good year or so. We actually got married in that year, and I think working through our issues separately and discussing them with eachother as we did really strengthened out relationship.

I'm not 100% sold on relationshit therapy because you're still somewhat guarded. No matter what they say, it's not truly a safe space. I could go into my therapist by myself and unleash on an issue with my wife, and my therapist would help me understand what I can do to better the situation. And wife would do the same, and we'd work on it together outside of therapy in a calmer manner after.

I know that sometimes the only way to get someone to go is to go with them. I got lucky. But I absolutely believe that therapy is critical to a happy and successful life. We're all messed up in one way or another, having a professional assist with straightening out those issues is huge.
:notsure: I'm totally onboard with your crotchfruit free life, but, uh, if you're totally unqualified to have kids, I'm not sure who IS qualified.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:33 pm
Tarspin wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:31 pm Somehow neither healthcare nor insurance is willing to flip the bill. Pretty weird, since one in three people suffer from mental illness. It's legit expensive, like $200/hr so in a month we could get boned. I expect no less then once/week right?
Totally depends on what treatment plan you and your therapist develop. Usually once a week in the ramp up. A good therapist will want you to graduate out, so the myth of perpetual therapy is just a myth... Or a bad therapist.
:dat:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:31 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:28 pm
You'd be shocked at some of the lack of coverages out there.

Cognative Behavioral Therapy :doe:

Fixed my shit right.

It's sad...we need to make a bigger deal out of mental health as a society.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:31 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:07 pm
I think certain relationshit stresses are normal. Wife and I go through it too. But we also decided we're both WAY too fucked up to have kids. We work awesome together and love our lives, but we'd probably really mess up a kid. Um, :nope:

:notsure: I'm totally onboard with your crotchfruit free life, but, uh, if you're totally unqualified to have kids, I'm not sure who IS qualified.
We were both fucked up bad our parents. Without halfway decent role models for how to raise children...uhhh...outlook doesn't look good.

Also, we're selfish, drink too much, work long hours...the patience for kid shit just isn't there. I wish more people in our situation would come to the conclusion we did.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Detroit and I have had very similar experiences with our parents.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:31 pm Somehow neither healthcare nor insurance is willing to flip the bill. Pretty weird, since one in three people suffer from mental illness. It's legit expensive, like $200/hr so in a month we could get boned. I expect no less then once/week right?
Totally depends on what treatment plan you and your therapist develop. Usually once a week in the ramp up. A good therapist will want you to graduate out, so the myth of perpetual therapy is just a myth... Or a bad therapist.
Thats good info to have. My issues are something like this:

Me:
- :triggered: when people can't read my mind, I'm a pretty consistent/logical thinker so this shouldnt be hard
- :triggered: when I feel crowded, i need more space then I get. This makes daddy bear grumpy
- my mom cooked and cleaned perpetually so I didn't have to do shit, I keep wondering why they don't make women like she was (so a sexist asshole), even though I've accepted this fact and do all the cooking/kitchen cleanup and she does all the laundry. I prefer doing things around the house so its more of a philosophical quirk
- love to argue

:tits: :
- :triggered: if mess, we can clean all day and one thing throws her off kilter
- :triggered: when anything doesn't go smoothly/as planned
- anger issues postpartum, not sure if I did something (aside from knocking her up twice lol)
- very latchy and always wants to spend time with me
- loves to argue

:doomed: haha
Last edited by Tar on Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

I am here to master debate.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:43 pm
[user not found] wrote:
Thats good info to have. My issues are something like this:

Me:
- :triggered: when people can't read my mind, I'm a pretty consistent/logical thinker so this shouldnt be hard
- :triggered: when I feel crowded, i need more space then I get. This makes daddy bear grumpy
- my mom cooked and cleaned perpetually so I didn't have to do shit, I keep wondering why they don't make women like she was (so a sexist asshole), even though I've accepted this fact and do all the cooking/kitchen cleanup and she does all the laundry. I prefer doing things around the house so its more of a philosophical quirk
- love to argue

- anger issues postpartum, not sure if I did something (aside from knocking her up twice lol)
- loves to argue

The one you're with is not the one to be enjoying this particular trait with. You're better off telling Troy he's going to die early from eating Little Caesar's and let it all out in that fashion.

Also there are worse things than "latchy and always wants to spend time with me"......the exact opposite for example.

Also it looks like you could solve a number of issues with a cleaning "person"
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:43 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:40 pm

The help available is awesome, though we don't have enough psychologists out there and some insurance companies suck in terms of their reimbursements.
Because therapy for some reason tends to have a negative connotation. That needs to end.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Fixed my shit right.

4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

you are all wrong.

I am the master debater.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Fixed my shit right.

Associating with Michelle's family has really shown me this. Even with their dad's financial sucess it's crazy how hard it's been for her sister to get decent care and treatment for her bipolar.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:43 pm Thats good info to have. My issues are something like this:

Me:
- love to argue

- loves to argue

The one you're with is not the one to be enjoying this particular trait with. You're better off telling Troy he's going to die early from eating Little Caesar's and let it all out in that fashion.

Also there are worse things than "latchy and always wants to spend time with me"......the exact opposite for example.

Also it looks like you could solve a number of issues with a cleaning "person"
We have a cleaning person, two Ukranian ladies scrub the house every two weeks. I'm not sayin full blown OCD here but something is up.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Also the stress of little kids takes a toll because we have literally no time to sit and chat, it's probably why Nicole got pissed when I had to work at 9pm, kids asleep and our only time together (alone) was interrupted.

There see, just saved $200!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Evening folks!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Tarspin wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:42 pm Also the stress of little kids takes a toll because we have literally no time to sit and chat, it's probably why Nicole got pissed when I had to work at 9pm, kids asleep and our only time together (alone) was interrupted.

There see, just saved $200!
Put it in her butt. Problem solva.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

dubshow wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:18 pm in light of the recent dfd gunz kerfuffle... Ive decided to make another salt rifle. on the :scrooge:

it will be a 7.5" 9mm saltyrifle

and burnt bronzed for all the burnt butt hair.

and it will be ORDERED ALL ON THE INTERNET AND SHIPPED TO MY HOUSE. :triggered:

SBR or pistol setup?
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:12 pm
dubshow wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:18 pm in light of the recent dfd gunz kerfuffle... Ive decided to make another salt rifle. on the :scrooge:

SBR or pistol setup?
Dis da swamp son

SBR :mytroy:

:triggered:

My dags are safe. My checks are paid.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:12 pm

SBR or pistol setup?
Dis da swamp son

SBR :mahtroy:

:triggered:

My dags are safe. My checks are paid.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Also.

:drunk: