Strut your greasy stuff!
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:32 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:31 pm

Holy Fook... I already got approved... instant approval :thankstrump:
No job, no house, no problem. Buy here, pay here. Guaranteed approval.

:like:
Davestr

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:42 pm Wow, this actually may be happening... :mindblown:

////////////MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Davestr wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:37 am
max225 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:42 pm Wow, this actually may be happening... :mindblown:

////////////MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Someone call for help, I think Dave is stroking out!
Davestr

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:13 am
Davestr wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:37 am

Someone call for help, I think Dave is stroking out!
My ex would celebrate LOL :) :like:
Davestr

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:19 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:30 pm Max when do you take delivery of the poonmobile?
This is the name from here on out, or derivatives thereof.
I offer the "M-PoonDrei" as the name of Max' newest conquest in the car world.

I now yield the balance of my time to the Counselor from the area near The Wells.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Insured the M3 I don’t have yet... $120 a month vs $100 for the 335i so it is a bit more...yes you have to insure it before you take ownership
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:16 pm Insured the M3 I don’t have yet... $120 a month vs $100 for the 335i so it is a bit more...yes you have to insure it before you take ownership
Only $20 more is not bad :doe: !
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Davestr

max225 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:16 pm Insured the M3 I don’t have yet... $120 a month vs $100 for the 335i so it is a bit more...yes you have to insure it before you take ownership
:like: //////////////////////////////MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

:jimp: can't wait to see you in the poonmobile dude!
max225

Quick question guys...

I am wondering about what to do with the crown vic. It is still in fairly decent shape... But it needs some work to undo some of the "neglect" that it has received over the last 2 years...
Needs:
New wiper blades (ordered)
New floor mats, due to hole (ordered)
Alignment
Keyless fixed
Front brake pads ($30) 80k miles on these right now... still 20% left but they feel bad and squeak a bit
Dash needs to come out to resolder the rear panel due to incorrect MPG/range display (should be easy ish)

The car for some reason started having a ton of random electrical issues.
Some of the dash lights burned out: can't tell when it gear at night, can't see light switch at night, some of the hvac lights burned out.

The front suspension needs new parts. After 390k miles most of the bushings/end links are worn out...
A complete "kit" is $100 only in parts... but it would need some labor.
It also seems to pull to the right a fair amount which is annoying AF as I believe it can't get aligned due to worn out suspension components.

What say yee... do I work on this thing to fix it? Or do I let it further fall into dispair ?
wap

max225 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:27 pm Quick question guys...

I am wondering about what to do with the crown vic. It is still in fairly decent shape... But it needs some work to undo some of the "neglect" that it has received over the last 2 years...
Needs:
Alignment
Keyless fixed
Front brake pads ($30) 80k miles on these right now... still 20% left but they feel bad and squeak a bit
Dash needs to come out to resolder the rear panel due to incorrect MPG/range display (should be easy ish)

Some of the dash lights burned out: can't tell when it gear at night, can't see light switch at night, some of the hvac lights burned out.

The front suspension needs new parts. After 390k miles most of the bushings/end links are worn out...
It also seems to pull to the right a fair amount which is annoying AF as I believe it can't get aligned due to worn out suspension components.

What say yee... do I work on this thing to fix it? Or do I let it further fall into dispair ?
Remember that Olds Delta 88 with 236k miles I posted a pic of a couple weeks ago, that belonged to my FIL? They just put about $120 in it to fix a break line leak and sold it for $600. It was probably in worse condition than yours, although all it's electronics still worked, even the seat adjusters. I say sell yours to Guadalupe for a few hundo and don't look back.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

wap wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:54 pm

Needs:
Alignment
Keyless fixed

Remember that Olds Delta 88 with 236k miles I posted a pic of a couple weeks ago, that belonged to my FIL? They just put about $120 in it to fix a break line leak and sold it for $600. It was probably in worse condition than yours, although all it's electronics still worked, even the seat adjusters. I say sell yours to Guadalupe for a few hundo and don't look back.
:dat:
max225

Needs:
Alignment
Keyless fixed

I don't think anyone will buy this thing period. And I don't want to deal with ppl shopping for a $500 vehicle. That would be :disgust: and I may get shot/killed

I think my dad will keep it as a "backup" vehicle for the time being...
The parts are cheap... but there needs to be quite a bit of labor to fix everything. :gay: Time is money... which is the main issue... the other issue is... it is kind of "pointless" ... however I am semi thinking with my "heart" here about car.

I think I will attempt the dash repair if I have a spare moment at some point this week. It should be fairly straight forward.
Last edited by max225 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

It owes you guys nothing, what an amazing car, i remember working on an assembly line for that car 15 yrs ago (first co-op job in college), so there is a soft spot in my heart for it too.

I'd go through the hassle of selling it in "as is" condition before a wheel falls off. Someone will show up with cash and drive away with the ownership. It shouldn't be a big deal and I think you're more likely to get stabbed parking the M3 in a dark lot.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:02 pm

I don't think anyone will buy this thing period. And I don't want to deal with ppl shopping for a $500 vehicle. That would be :disgust: and I may get shot/killed

I think my dad will keep it as a "backup" vehicle for the time being...
The parts are cheap... but there needs to be quite a bit of labor to fix everything. :gay: Time is money... which is the main issue... the other issue is... it is kind of "pointless" ... however I am semi thinking with my "heart" here the car.

I think I will attempt the dash repair if I have a spare moment at some point this week. It should be fairly straight forward.
Either fix it or sell it.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

If you don't want to deal with Guadalupe, donate it to a charity.
https://my.neighbor.org/donate/car-donations/
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:39 pm If you don't want to deal with Guadalupe, donate it to a charity.
Was just going to say...why not just donate the thing?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:39 pm If you don't want to deal with Guadalupe, donate it to a charity.
It is going to be that or just pick-n-pull. But I was going to go down that route if/when the crown vic loses the engine or trans.

Both seem to be "ok" for now. 390,560 miles and counting. I actually put a whopping 700 miles on the CV in the last 10 days...
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:51 pm
It is going to be that or just pick-n-pull. But I was going to go down that route if/when the crown vic loses the engine or trans.

Both seem to be "ok" for now. 390,560 miles and counting. I actually put a whopping 700 miles on the CV in the last 10 days...
Also I would feel a compelling need to hit 400K.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:56 pm

Right? It would be pretty cool to be able to say that... not as cool as 500k but I serviced this car since it had 65k miles.
40 Oil changes
11 transmission fluid changes
ETC etc
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:56 pm Also I would feel a compelling need to hit 400K.
Right? It would be pretty cool to be able to say that... not as cool as 500k but I serviced this car since it had 65k miles.
40 Oil changes
11 transmission fluid changes
ETC etc
:like:
wap

Tarspin wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:10 pm I'd go through the hassle of selling it in "as is" condition before a wheel falls off. Someone will show up with cash and drive away with the ownership. It shouldn't be a big deal and I think you're more likely to get stabbed parking the M3 in a dark lot.
:dat:
I almost sold the Olds to a :mahjuan: at work who buys shittier cars, fixes the most obvious shit, then flips them to other :mahjuan:s. Do you know anyone like that? It insulates you from the more stabby clientele.

In-laws mechanic ended up selling the Olds for them on :crang: slist, fwiw
wap

Better idea.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:56 pm

:dat: Drive it for another 9500 miles then off it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

The Poonmobile will be going away in no time and you'll need a temp car to make it to the next thing. I'd keep it but just ignore most of that stuff like the dash lights. My first car was a 250k mile Taurus and a lot of the dash lights were burned out :whocares: in that level of turd.