OT 12: Pew Pew Pew

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
nuggstein
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2012 GTI

Tarspin wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:16 pm Cleaning ladies didn't show up today so I'm doing it myself and pocketing their cash. It's not as much as if I spent the time sitting at a desk at work today but its actually surprisingly quick and easy when nobody is around.
My girlfriend's parents have had a cleaning lady for years. Recently her brother's fiance's necklace that was accidentally left at the house has been missing for a few months. Now her mom can't find one of her own necklace's. They think they have a problem now.
:crang:
razr390

nuggstein wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:22 pm
Tarspin wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:16 pm Cleaning ladies didn't show up today so I'm doing it myself and pocketing their cash. It's not as much as if I spent the time sitting at a desk at work today but its actually surprisingly quick and easy when nobody is around.
My girlfriend's parents have had a cleaning lady for years. Recently her brother's fiance's necklace that was accidentally left at the house has been missing for a few months. Now her mom can't find one of her own necklace's. They think they have a problem now.
they should kill her
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

They should call mama :crang:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Ruh Roh.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

razr390 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:26 pm

they should kill her
its the only way to be sure
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SAWCE wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:06 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:01 pm

None of my business. But my :therapist: drove the point home to Lisa and I that if someone is in a crap mood or doesn't want to talk about something then just let them be like that and go do something else and don't take on their shit mood. If they wanna talk, just listen but don't try to solve it because that's up to them to do.

:iono:
Right.. it's just tough watching her have days where she can't leave the house by herself. Makes me question the future. What happens when we have kids and she has a day like this where she's just completely shut down.
My mother was like this. I spent years in therapy reversing the damage she did to me. Kids can internalize this behavior and blame themselves without knowing it. For me, it manifested as me NEVER being good enough at anything. I viewed myself as a failure no matter what I did when in reality that wasn't the case at all.

Fridays were the worst days growing up because teachers sent us home with a packet of our graded work from the week. My mom would sit me down and review every single thing and go :triggered: when it was less than perfect. Depending on how many non-A's I got, it would somehow trigger her anxiety and she'd not speak to the family for days sometimes. Most Fridays and weekends were spent with me crying, not seeing friends because I was "bad" or the like.

She also refused therapy. I remember my dad screaming at her because I was crying that I got too many A-'s or B's (he was a proud C-student) and "broke mom". I remember him urging her to go to therapy and she blamed everything except herself. Years later, my therapist claimed it was classic signs of serious clinical mental issues. This is why I no longer talk to my mother.

I say all this not for pity, but as a warning. If you're going to have children with someone, you really should make sure they're mentally stable. The impact it can have on children is immense. I still suffer with being too hard on myself. Probably always will.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:48 pm

Right.. it's just tough watching her have days where she can't leave the house by herself. Makes me question the future. What happens when we have kids and she has a day like this where she's just completely shut down.
My mother was like this. I spent years in therapy reversing the damage she did to me. Kids can internalize this behavior and blame themselves without knowing it. For me, it manifested as me NEVER being good enough at anything. I viewed myself as a failure no matter what I did when in reality that wasn't the case at all.

Fridays were the worst days growing up because teachers sent us home with a packet of our graded work from the week. My mom would sit me down and review every single thing and go :triggered: when it was less than perfect. Depending on how many non-A's I got, it would somehow trigger her anxiety and she'd not speak to the family for days sometimes. Most Fridays and weekends were spent with me crying, not seeing friends because I was "bad" or the like.

She also refused therapy. I remember my dad screaming at her because I was crying that I got too many A-'s or B's (he was a proud C-student) and "broke mom". I remember him urging her to go to therapy and she blamed everything except herself. Years later, my therapist claimed it was classic signs of serious clinical mental issues. This is why I no longer talk to my mother.

I say all this not for pity, but as a warning. If you're going to have children with someone, you really should make sure they're mentally stable. The impact it can have on children is immense. I still suffer with being too hard on myself. Probably always will.
:( Sorry bro.

FWIW, we think you're fabulous. :)
Apex
Drives: Abominable

wap wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:50 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:48 pm My mother was like this. I spent years in therapy reversing the damage she did to me. Kids can internalize this behavior and blame themselves without knowing it. For me, it manifested as me NEVER being good enough at anything. I viewed myself as a failure no matter what I did when in reality that wasn't the case at all.

FWIW, we think you're fabulous. :gay:
FTFY. :hue:
razr390

My parents were BOTH like this but not necessarily because of mental illness but my father lives to impress other people so I was basically their “pride and joy” but all that would be good for is so they can rub my success in other peoples’ faces. My mom was like that because she felt overpowered by him. She’s changed so much for the better by distancing herself from him. They’re basically estranged now, but I always am hard on myself for that reason alone. I am too much of a perfectionist and i think it’s because everytime I had a plan and a goal or whatever my dad would straight to my face criticize it or have some shitty advice to say that made me :wtf:

So I took a stand for myself and stood up to him and to my mom. My mom is 5/7 now because she fully supports ANYTHING I do so long that it’s for the betterment of myself and moving in a positive direction. My dad “fakes it” and he wonders why I don’t talk to him as much as I do my mom. I don’t hate the guy but my natural reaction is to avoid telling him any personal shit because I know he will either criticize it or broadcast it to everyone. He told everyone I moved to Washington DC and he came and visited me and he was like “260 people from Romania liked that you moved!” Im like dude I don’t give a fuuuuuuck about those people
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

razr390 wrote:
nuggstein wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:22 pm My girlfriend's parents have had a cleaning lady for years. Recently her brother's fiance's necklace that was accidentally left at the house has been missing for a few months. Now her mom can't find one of her own necklace's. They think they have a problem now.
they should kill her
Or hog tie her up and make her confess.
razr390

Tarspin wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:03 pm
razr390 wrote:
they should kill her
Or hog tie her up and make her confess.
:notsure:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

See and I already feel like this. Hence injecting black market drugs with no quality control into my body in the hopes they'll help me gain a few extra pounds of muscle. I feel completely helpless when she's in this mood since there is literally nothing I can do to help her.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:
SAWCE wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:06 pm Right.. it's just tough watching her have days where she can't leave the house by herself. Makes me question the future. What happens when we have kids and she has a day like this where she's just completely shut down.

I had this question in mind for a long time now, maybe since you used the term "estranged" to describe your mom once or twice. I had no idea, that sucks big time. My wife and I go through stresses that just don't make sense to me, nothing out of the ordinary like you speak of but signs are there that all is not well in Rottingham. Maybe we should start looking into so :therapist: visits just to make sure we are both on the right track. By both I mean :tits:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:18 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:36 pm What is it with "men" shaving their entire bodies and then growing hideous beards?
You already know my answer to this - the leg shaving is for cycling.

What it is with "men" growing shoulder-length hair? :notsure:
I'm just living my life in His image, bro.

I didn't mean just shaving legs, it seems like tons of dudes now are shaving their entire bodies head to toe - except for their face which has a scraggly ass hobo beard. Bald head, bald chest, bald arms, but "I'm a Viking child who was tossed out for having hair only on his face" beard. :wtf:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

in light of the recent dfd gunz kerfuffle... Ive decided to make another salt rifle. on the :scrooge:

it will be a 7.5" 9mm saltyrifle

and burnt bronzed for all the burnt butt hair.

and it will be ORDERED ALL ON THE INTERNET AND SHIPPED TO MY HOUSE. :triggered:

SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:13 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:18 pm

You already know my answer to this - the leg shaving is for cycling.

What it is with "men" growing shoulder-length hair? :notsure:

I didn't mean just shaving legs, it seems like tons of dudes now are shaving their entire bodies head to toe - except for their face which has a scraggly ass hobo beard. Bald head, bald chest, bald arms, but "I'm a Viking child who was tossed out for having hair only on his face" beard. :wtf:
I do this.. Head isn't quite shaved, but it's buzzed very short because with how thin it is now, I think it looks better buzzed than long.

I don't like chest/torso hair, so I shave that weekly.

Arms and legs don't get shaved often, but when I do it's just because I like how it looks and feels. Eventually (when I step on stage) it will be for the actual purpose of showing as much leanness as possible while getting an even coat of the tanner that we have to use.

Beard is becuase I can actually grow a relatively thick beard, so I do that to make up for not having hair on my head.
wap

Apex wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:59 pm

:hue:
DFD - All :gay: , all the time.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

SAWCE wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:23 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:13 pm

I do this.. Head isn't quite shaved, but it's buzzed very short because with how thin it is now, I think it looks better buzzed than long.

Arms and legs don't get shaved often, but when I do it's just because I like how it looks and feels. Eventually (when I step on stage) it will be for the actual purpose of showing as much leanness as possible while getting an even coat of the tanner that we have to use.

Beard is becuase I can actually grow a relatively thick beard, so I do that to make up for not having hair on my head.
How do you not end up itchy and scratchy all over? I need to shave my face every day, really more like twice a day, to keep it smooth. I can't imagine doing that to my whole body.
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:43 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:23 pm

How do you not end up itchy and scratchy all over? I need to shave my face every day, really more like twice a day, to keep it smooth. I can't imagine doing that to my whole body.
I just use clippers on their lowest setting for body hair. Short enough to hide it, long enough to not deal with the actual regrowth and coming through the skin. Although last night I did clean shave my arms just to see what it feels like.. will report back on itchy levels over the next day or two.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:59 pm

:dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:08 pm
Detroit wrote:My mother was like this. I spent years in therapy reversing the damage she did to me. Kids can internalize this behavior and blame themselves without knowing it. For me, it manifested as me NEVER being good enough at anything. I viewed myself as a failure no matter what I did when in reality that wasn't the case at all.

I had this question in mind for a long time now, maybe since you used the term "estranged" to describe your mom once or twice. I had no idea, that sucks big time. My wife and I go through stresses that just don't make sense to me, nothing out of the ordinary like you speak of but signs are there that all is not well in Rottingham. Maybe we should start looking into so :therapist: visits just to make sure we are both on the right track. By both I mean :tits:
I think certain relationshit stresses are normal. Wife and I go through it too. But we also decided we're both WAY too fucked up to have kids. We work awesome together and love our lives, but we'd probably really mess up a kid. Um, :nope:

But when we met, I was already in therapy and was open with wife about my problems. Incredibly, she came to the conclusion that she should start therapy too in order to straighten out her own issues. We both were in therapy with different therapists for a good year or so. We actually got married in that year, and I think working through our issues separately and discussing them with eachother as we did really strengthened out relationship.

I'm not 100% sold on relationshit therapy because you're still somewhat guarded. No matter what they say, it's not truly a safe space. I could go into my therapist by myself and unleash on an issue with my wife, and my therapist would help me understand what I can do to better the situation. And wife would do the same, and we'd work on it together outside of therapy in a calmer manner after.

I know that sometimes the only way to get someone to go is to go with them. I got lucky. But I absolutely believe that therapy is critical to a happy and successful life. We're all messed up in one way or another, having a professional assist with straightening out those issues is huge.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:07 pm
Tarspin wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:08 pm I had this question in mind for a long time now, maybe since you used the term "estranged" to describe your mom once or twice. I had no idea, that sucks big time. My wife and I go through stresses that just don't make sense to me, nothing out of the ordinary like you speak of but signs are there that all is not well in Rottingham. Maybe we should start looking into so :therapist: visits just to make sure we are both on the right track. By both I mean :tits:
I think certain relationshit stresses are normal. Wife and I go through it too. But we also decided we're both WAY too fucked up to have kids. We work awesome together and love our lives, but we'd probably really mess up a kid. Um, :nope:

But when we met, I was already in therapy and was open with wife about my problems. Incredibly, she came to the conclusion that she should start therapy too in order to straighten out her own issues. We both were in therapy with different therapists for a good year or so. We actually got married in that year, and I think working through our issues separately and discussing them with eachother as we did really strengthened out relationship.

I'm not 100% sold on relationshit therapy because you're still somewhat guarded. No matter what they say, it's not truly a safe space. I could go into my therapist by myself and unleash on an issue with my wife, and my therapist would help me understand what I can do to better the situation. And wife would do the same, and we'd work on it together outside of therapy in a calmer manner after.

I know that sometimes the only way to get someone to go is to go with them. I got lucky. But I absolutely believe that therapy is critical to a happy and successful life. We're all messed up in one way or another, having a professional assist with straightening out those issues is huge.
If michelle and I have children, they’ve already lost the genetic lottery. Her family is riddled with mental health issues, and mine with cancer. Pick your poison.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:10 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:07 pm

If michelle and I have children, they’ve already lost the genetic lottery. Her family is riddled with mental health issues, and mine with cancer. Pick your poison.
From a purely scientific standpoint...does procreation in this instance really make sense? We legit considered how our kids would turn out in our decision to not have them.

:notsure:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:08 pm I had this question in mind for a long time now, maybe since you used the term "estranged" to describe your mom once or twice. I had no idea, that sucks big time. My wife and I go through stresses that just don't make sense to me, nothing out of the ordinary like you speak of but signs are there that all is not well in Rottingham. Maybe we should start looking into so :therapist: visits just to make sure we are both on the right track. By both I mean :tits:

I might have to set up a few sessions. They are expensive and not covered by our group plans so a part of me really doesn't want to get started. plus I have seen mild and consistent improvements over the last two yrs.

With that said, we are very short with each other lately and both have our own issues too, realistically everyone does. My wife is cool with going so there's not much else holding us back. Things got pretty unglued after each baby, postpartum and sleep deprivation played a big part. I just always assumed these things sort themselves out on their own. Guess not.