Waxer's Haus of Wax

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Completely nuts, however not overly suprising because :derp: frenzy on the JLs. The dude that bought the JL when I was test driving was fully willing to get raped. I honestly don’t get ppl like that but it is what is is. I’d never wait in line for a phone either but there are plenty that would.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:27 am Completely nuts, however not overly suprising because :derp: frenzy on the JLs. The dude that bought the JL when I was test driving was fully willing to get raped. I honestly don’t get ppl like that but it is what is is. I’d never wait in line for a phone either but there are plenty that would.
Yeah, we're the same there.

I just buy my phones from Google and they show up when they show up. I'm not standing in line in NY in the snow for 9 days to get something I don't NEED.
max225

I think it’s totally wise to wait until 2019 model year and special order around June when the production is at full swing. I mentioned that earlier before also, it would avoid this initial rape fest and possible first production issues as well.

This is part of the reason I’m going with another lease.

If they don’t honor the initial deal, fuck em. Give Business to someone that deserves it
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

So, after 4 hours of back and forth with the :dillerman: trying to get ANYONE to call me back they claim they reversed the charge on the credit card.

The charge back isn't showing in my pending list yet, so we'll see if it shows up by tomorrow morning.

These guys turned into total douche bags in the last 3 years. The GM had no comment about my complaints which I told him I took as a confirmation that they wanted to back out of the deal and that was the short story of it all. I told him I didn't appreciate gas station attendant kids, or douchebag salesmen that call themselves a "Closer" on Facebook treating me this way. I even told him what I told the sales guy.... I was actually considering a Hellcat (they have 26 right now they apparently can't sell) to replace my Camaro but after this there's no way I'm coming down there again.

In the end, they showed that I am just a talking wallet and they only want the stupid ones.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

in4zildor #notall(diller)men :rolleyes:
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:40 pm So, after 4 hours of back and forth with the :dillerman: trying to get ANYONE to call me back they claim they reversed the charge on the credit card.

The charge back isn't showing in my pending list yet, so we'll see if it shows up by tomorrow morning.

These guys turned into total douche bags in the last 3 years. The GM had no comment about my complaints which I told him I took as a confirmation that they wanted to back out of the deal and that was the short story of it all. I told him I didn't appreciate gas station attendant kids, or douchebag salesmen that call themselves a "Closer" on Facebook treating me this way. I even told him what I told the sales guy.... I was actually considering a Hellcat (they have 26 right now they apparently can't sell) to replace my Camaro but after this there's no way I'm coming down there again.

In the end, they showed that I am just a talking wallet and they only want the stupid ones.
:( Next level ass pounding ... ugh sorry to hear. I guess this explains why adam didn't say a word back to me after 3 emails, so I essentially gave up on the JL pending this lack of deal situation.

Really fucked up, however is how they SIGNED a deal with you... and managed to get out. They deserve all the section 8 subprime fuckery they will get in no time. Can they even do that? I mean you have a signed piece of paper, no?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:51 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:40 pm So, after 4 hours of back and forth with the :dillerman: trying to get ANYONE to call me back they claim they reversed the charge on the credit card.

:( Next level ass pounding ... ugh sorry to hear. I guess this explains why adam didn't say a word back to me after 3 emails, so I essentially gave up on the JL pending this lack of deal situation.

Really fucked up, however is how they SIGNED a deal with you... and managed to get out. They deserve all the section 8 subprime fuckery they will get in no time. Can they even do that? I mean you have a signed piece of paper, no?
That's where they have an out, I think... They never sent me anything signed and I never went in, this was all over the phone and email.

Doesn't matter, they could have held my money until June and put in the order for the last 2018 if they wanted claiming allocation issues... nearly impossible to fight other than in court and nobody has time for that shit.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:00 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:51 pm

That's where they have an out, I think... They never sent me anything signed and I never went in, this was all over the phone and email.

Doesn't matter, they could have held my money until June and put in the order for the last 2018 if they wanted claiming allocation issues... nearly impossible to fight other than in court and nobody has time for that shit.
So after the :disgust: :rage: settles down... What are your thoughts ? Idaho road trip or waiting it out till June?
Either way shouldn't be too bad.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Kinda disgusted at this point and the wife's desire to replace the JKU is fading fast as well with all the drama.

I don't know right now, maybe just keep what we have for now and see what happens in the future with no real plans... ?

I have been wanting to have 1 car for me though and posaibly replace the Z06 and the 1LE, but don't really see anything as fun and fast that also will go for the miles and run in the rain.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:06 pm Kinda disgusted at this point and the wife's desire to replace the JKU is fading fast as well with all the drama.

I don't know right now, maybe just keep what we have for now and see what happens in the future with no real plans... ?

I have been wanting to have 1 car for me though and posaibly replace the Z06 and the 1LE, but don't really see anything as fun and fast that also will go for the miles and run in the rain.
I'll let you know about the M3 if my deal goes through, may be a decent option for you. But miles are kind of issue... then again you can split between several vehicles.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Hmm...

So the 911 GT 3 has a "Touring" option that removes the wing and demands a manual transmission. Price is about $150k minimally optioned out.

Interesting...
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:59 pm Hmm...

So the 911 GT 3 has a "Touring" option that removes the wing and demands a manual transmission. Price is about $150k minimally optioned out.

Interesting...
If you have the itch for something different, there's not really any American options you have not essentially tried until the mid-engine Corvette. The Z06 is better than any Camaro, Mustang and Corvette other than the ZR1, and that's just a Z06 with a bigger blower and more 6 zillion dollar carbon fiber bits to crash into a curb stop. I would try something different. The automotive press has not been jerking it to upper echelon 911s for all eternity for no reason whatsoever.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar

Only 500 hp and no torques :doe:

:jalepenis:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:43 pm Only 500 hp and no torques :doe:

On paper this makes complete sense to me.

Reality probably differs though, as everyone straps on kneepads pretty quick when there's anything Porsche 911 going on.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:42 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:59 pm Hmm...

Interesting...
If you have the itch for something different, there's not really any American options you have not essentially tried until the mid-engine Corvette. The Z06 is better than any Camaro, Mustang and Corvette other than the ZR1, and that's just a Z06 with a bigger blower and more 6 zillion dollar carbon fiber bits to crash into a curb stop. I would try something different. The automotive press has not been jerking it to upper echelon 911s for all eternity for no reason whatsoever.
Kind of what I was thinking. Something I could enjoy for awhile until the ME Corvette is debugged and production is sound.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:45 pm
troyguitar wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:43 pm Only 500 hp and no torques :doe:

On paper this makes complete sense to me.

Reality probably differs though, as everyone straps on kneepads pretty quick when there's anything Porsche 911 going on.
150K version probably comes with C5 seats.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:46 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:42 pm

Kind of what I was thinking. Something I could enjoy for awhile until the ME Corvette is debugged and production is sound.
So let's say you're going 10 mph in the Z06 in first gear, with traction control on, and drop the hammer all the way.....what happens? Is 650hp really useable outside of a track?
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I'd love to have a 911 for a while if I had the means.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:49 pm

So let's say you're going 10 mph in the Z06 in first gear, with traction control on, and drop the hammer all the way.....what happens? Is 650hp really useable outside of a track?
How dare you.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:53 pm

How dare you.
Same question to you.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:45 pm Dunno, I'd want a 911T. :iono:

But I'm an idiot who prefers handling over power.
With the shorter gearing and turbro torques, the 911T is probably more powerful feeling and worse handling than the GT3 at double digit speeds.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

What's the ambient conditions?

If it is hotter than hell and the tires are warm it's not that bad with the Sport Cup 2 tires.... otherwise it's a thrill ride with lots of smoke and sounds.

Same thing with a K04 GTI, according to MK6 forums.

:hue:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:57 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:53 pm

How dare you.
Is this DFDmoji-worthy?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:09 pm
[user not found] wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:57 pm

Is this DFDmoji-worthy?
Would be better if I knew who that was.... but it fits in here well and would see a lot of use if history has taught us anything.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:11 pm
wap wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:09 pm

Is this DFDmoji-worthy?
Would be better if I knew who that was.... but it fits in here well and would see a lot of use if history has taught us anything.
:dat: