Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:14 pm I can't imagine that the average buyer today actually enjoys the :dillerman: game. Maybe the average male buyer over the age of 50.
One guy at work loves it. Older Italian dude. He'll negotiate with :dillerman: until they :rage: out and threaten to kick him out of the store, that's when he says alright and takes it.

Same dude that bought a Silverado for $36k+tax and traded in his mint Ranger for $1k. Back when Silverados were going for $35k and his ranger was worth $8k.
Yeah, killer deal brah.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:16 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:14 pm I can't imagine that the average buyer today actually enjoys the :dillerman: game. Maybe the average male buyer over the age of 50.
:dat: Times have changed.
Though, if you're [user not found] the Roundel Hocker, your average customer probably IS a male over the age of 50 who thinks he's smarter than everyone.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:21 pm
My :amir: co workers love to haggle and tell me about how great of :dill: they got on their odyssey... and they think they are the best negotiators on the planet. It is fucking :disgust:
Hell with that.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:43 pm Interesting. All three cars in my garage have been positive experience, I guess I'm just lucky.

1. Bought Brahhoe PP from an old man in OC....car turned out to be legit as repped, no issues, no hidden repairs.
2 Bought C6 GS sight unseen (inspected doe) and was shipped to be from Dallas, car was as repped, no shipping issues.
3. Bought BMW from Crevier, made an internet deal with internet saleswoman, had the wrong color issues but that was comped $2K, then she brought up the
$2K USAA discount, left with new car with $7K on the hood,

I dunno, I hate the foursquare bros as much as everybody here, but it seems to me that most high volume dealers have an internet salesperson who has to paper a deal sufficiently for you to show up.

Also, bought my VW GTI from VW of Downtown LA, internet sales guy there had everything totally prepped and ready, literally walked in and drove away 40 minutes later.

So, you know, it can be done.
PP doesn't matter... Ebay Dillerman that does tons of volume and doesn't negotiate also doesn't matter. We're talking traditional 4 square dillershit experience. I have had so many shit experiences when dealing with MB :dillerman: for the AZN. 4/5 dealers in the bay area were GARBAGE lying scum. That changed prices on me and tried really hard to tack on extra shit. I actually walked out on one of em that did that... I was :rage: ing
Last edited by max225 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:23 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:43 pm Interesting. All three cars in my garage have been positive experience, I guess I'm just lucky.

1. Bought Brahhoe PP from an old man in OC....car turned out to be legit as repped, no issues, no hidden repairs.
2 Bought C6 GS sight unseen (inspected doe) and was shipped to be from Dallas, car was as repped, no shipping issues.
3. Bought BMW from Crevier, made an internet deal with internet saleswoman, had the wrong color issues but that was comped $2K, then she brought up the
$2K USAA discount, left with new car with $7K on the hood,

I dunno, I hate the foursquare bros as much as everybody here, but it seems to me that most high volume dealers have an internet salesperson who has to paper a deal sufficiently for you to show up.

Also, bought my VW GTI from VW of Downtown LA, internet sales guy there had everything totally prepped and ready, literally walked in and drove away 40 minutes later.

So, you know, it can be done.
PP doesn't matter... Ebay Dillerman that does tons of volume and doesn't negotiate als doesn't matter. We're talking traditional 4 square dillershit experience.
Well I gave you two.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:27 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:23 pm

PP doesn't matter... Ebay Dillerman that does tons of volume and doesn't negotiate als doesn't matter. We're talking traditional 4 square dillershit experience.
Well I gave you two.
BMW deal makes sense... higher volume dealers are easier to work with for the most part.

Shockingly when I was emailing Honda dealers for my dad. 4/5 came back with a quote that was $200-300 within one another within 1-2 hrs... My price research concluded in less than 2 hrs... Vs mercedes which took weeks. Totally different experience.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:29 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:13 pm

I hate back and forth. No offense to you or your position. But if I could just buy a car by clicking around on a MFR website... that's what I'd do. Select to have it delivered at my house, someone shows up a few weeks later rings the doorbell, I sign papers, they hand me the keys, done. But instead there's a veil put over the actual price of the car and prerequisite back and forth negotiations and nothing is transparent so who actually knows if you're taking the shaft or not.
I hate it too. I want to strike a deal, and get that shit on the road.

The back and forth is :rage: inducing.
Sorta off topic, do M240i's lease well anymore or nah?
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:38 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:29 pm

I hate it too. I want to strike a deal, and get that shit on the road.

The back and forth is :rage: inducing.
The last one he leased at like $7XX a month :yikes: Can't :member: how much down doe... but still
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:38 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:38 pm
The last one he leased at like $7XX a month :yikes: Can't :member: how much down doe... but still
:jesus: Too rich for my blood I'll stick to my poverty sedans with their poverty interiors and poverty engines that are almost old enough to vote.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:40 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:38 pm
:jesus: Too rich for my blood I'll stick to my poverty sedans with their poverty interiors and poverty engines that are almost old enough to vote.
What you do is you find a sucker that paid a good chunk down and it over. Just like I have with my 335i.

http://www.swapalease.com/lease/details ... id=1172211
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:47 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:40 pm

What you do is you find a sucker that paid a good chunk down and it over. Just like I have with my 335i.

Well some are under $30k on the used market now, meaning I could probably just straight trade my car for it at that point. They were close to 40 when I was looking. Certainly out pacing my car as far as depreciation goes.
max225

@waxer
https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowst ... GXJW108251

Check this bad boy out... nearly perfect spec for you (outside of the wheels, keyless) ~54k over at stoneridge... given the demographics in that area i'd expect a markup doe...
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:52 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:47 pm

Well some are under $30k on the used market now, meaning I could probably just straight trade my car for it at that point. They were close to 40 when I was looking. Certainly out pacing my car as far as depreciation goes.
Then why the hell would you buy?
max225

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:00 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:52 pm

I think it's only going to get worse.

People aren't buying at the residual buyouts. We've gotta price all of our CPO off-lease cars at least $1k behind cost to even begin to get interest.

Couple that with at least 1/3 of trades having negative equity... the shitstorm is a'brewing.
:dat: my residual on the 335i is $38,500 there is easily 2-3k in dealer "cost" that needs to be incurred in my vehicle. Detailing +tires +some minor repairs... no way in hell is anyone paying 41-42k for a CPO 335i
max225

BMW really screwed the pooch with the epic residuals they were giving away from 14-16. And now they are paying catchup in the 17+ models which is why it costs $700+ to lease a 240i vs $450 to lease my 335 even though they are the same fking car.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:06 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:03 pm BMW really screwed the pooch with the epic residuals they were giving away from 14-16. And now they are paying catchup in the 17+ models which is why it costs $700+ to lease a 240i vs $450 to lease my 335 even though they are the same fking car.
Yep. And since Benz did the unlimited miles CPO warranty, BMW did the same thing, and man those fucking warranties have a HIGH internal cost. CPO charge is $900 alone, without the labor for the CPO check, or the labor for replacing tires, wheels, filters, etc, or the parts cost, or the cost of detail, or the cost of any additional recon.

MFs are way up. .00152-.00172 is the going rate now. I haven't seen a .000 MF since I was at MINI in 2016.
Yea my car will easily need $1400 in tires and then likely some other minor shit here and there. Cuz ain't nobody gonna buy a car with 3 different brands.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:12 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:09 pm
Yea my car will easily need $1400 in tires and then likely some other minor shit here and there. Cuz ain't nobody gonna buy a car with 3 different brands.
We pretty much throw tires on every BMW that comes in off lease. Odds of having bubbles, other road hazard damage, or just being plain worn out is quite high.
You guys sell used tires that don't meet your specification? There's gotta be a market for that...
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:34 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:12 pm

We pretty much throw tires on every BMW that comes in off lease. Odds of having bubbles, other road hazard damage, or just being plain worn out is quite high.
You guys sell used tires that don't meet your specification? There's gotta be a market for that...
That's how my used tire guy operates... pretty sure it is a full circle :fullretard: he sells tires to me and then BMW gives them to him
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:02 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:00 pm

I think it's only going to get worse.

People aren't buying at the residual buyouts. We've gotta price all of our CPO off-lease cars at least $1k behind cost to even begin to get interest.

Couple that with at least 1/3 of trades having negative equity... the shitstorm is a'brewing.
:dat: my residual on the 335i is $38,500 there is easily 2-3k in dealer "cost" that needs to be incurred in my vehicle. Detailing +tires +some minor repairs... no way in hell is anyone paying 41-42k for a CPO 335i
Hah. Yeah no way.
max225

https://www.bmwoffremont.com/certified/ ... e522a4.htm
This one is kind of close to mine... but different color and non M sport. Blue M sports tend to be expensive
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:35 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:34 pm

That's how my used tire guy operates... pretty sure it is a full circle :fullretard: he sells tires to me and then BMW gives them to him
:lolgasm: that's fucking incredible.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:40 pm https://www.bmwoffremont.com/certified/ ... e522a4.htm
This one is kind of close to mine... but different color and non M sport. Blue M sports tend to be expensive
:notbad: at $34k. :gag: at $42k.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:43 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:40 pm https://www.bmwoffremont.com/certified/ ... e522a4.htm
#carfax3owner
#nigerianassaccident <Prob doesn't show on the :fox: doe
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:45 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:43 pm

#carfax3owner
#nigerianassaccident <Prob doesn't show on the :fox: doe
:impressive:
max225

to try and get this a bit more on track...
Loaded out rubis are in transit at 53-55k to my local :dillerman: which is pretty fucking wild.

I am still thinking I may sahara. If you get the "optional" wheels on the sahara it changes the tires from all season to all terrain. Which is a very worthy upgrade. The base tires on the sahara are terrible.