Could you/would you DD a sports car/sedan?

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.

Would you DD a sports car/Sedan?

Yes, I am not some god damn snowflake pussy
69%
No, I have issues that prevent me from ruling the roads
14%
Fuck you :225:
17%

Total votes: 29
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

Nope. Gonna play the [user not found] card here. No kids. Not a business man doing businessman things. I think that's why middle aged men drive them, right? So they can open up the rear door and get their suitcase and coat?
I drive to work in dickies shorts and a hoodie. :megusta:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

So is this a hypothetical or are you asking me realistically- would I buy a sport sedan today?
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Dropped doggie off at day care. Then brapped my whole way in to work at +4k RPM NFG, exhaust burbling, turbo sounds, bouncy ride but zero body roll in corners, lightning fast steering to dodge potholes, and getting about 18 MPG. :fuckyeah: :scoot:

Sport sedans rock. Driving my car hard for about 2 minutes is the highlight of my day.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:07 am Dropped doggie off at day care. Then brapped my whole way in to work at +4k RPM NFG, exhaust burbling, turbo sounds, bouncy ride but zero body roll in corners, lightning fast steering to dodge potholes, and getting about 18 MPG. :fuckyeah: :scoot:

Sport sedans rock. Driving my car hard for about 2 minutes is the highlight of my day.
I wish I had 4 doors right about now. Putting kiddo in her seat thru the hatch isn't the easiest thing. :lol:
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:23 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:07 am Dropped doggie off at day care. Then brapped my whole way in to work at +4k RPM NFG, exhaust burbling, turbo sounds, bouncy ride but zero body roll in corners, lightning fast steering to dodge potholes, and getting about 18 MPG. :fuckyeah: :scoot:

I wish I had 4 doors right about now. Putting kiddo in her seat thru the hatch isn't the easiest thing. :lol:
Wanna buy a blue rally car?
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

If the question really is, as Zilch hits upon, would I buy a sports sedan today? Maybe. Big maybe.

I have a huge hard on for the Giulia Quadrifoglio, for example, but even discounting the cost and good old Italian reliability, I think there are a number of cars I'd rather have, all of which tick the "sports car" not "sports sedan" box. A Boxster/Cayman, for example.

So I guess that's a no. I wouldn't. It would feel like a compromise. As someone who lives alone now, with no pets, not ever having kids, and who hardly ever has more than one passenger, no, I would prefer to just have a sports car and deal with those shortcomings.
Johnny_P

stripethree wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:45 am If the question really is, as Zilch hits upon, would I buy a sports sedan today? Maybe. Big maybe.

I have a huge hard on for the Giulia Quadrifoglio, for example, but even discounting the cost and good old Italian reliability, I think there are a number of cars I'd rather have, all of which tick the "sports car" not "sports sedan" box. A Boxster/Cayman, for example.

So I guess that's a no. I wouldn't. It would feel like a compromise. As someone who lives alone now, with no pets, not ever having kids, and who hardly ever has more than one passenger, no, I would prefer to just have a sports car and deal with those shortcomings.
I think what Max is getting at is.... is a sports car or sedan too hardcore for you to DD? Are you willing to put up with sports car shortcomings in the real world or does it make sense to DD something less insane and keep the sports car as a back pocket item for special days?
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:39 am
stripethree wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:45 am If the question really is, as Zilch hits upon, would I buy a sports sedan today? Maybe. Big maybe.

I think what Max is getting at is.... is a sports car or sedan too hardcore for you to DD? Are you willing to put up with sports car shortcomings in the real world or does it make sense to DD something less insane and keep the sports car as a back pocket item for special days?
If “fun to drive” was the only requirement for vehicle purchases, then he’ll yes I would.

Realistically though, practicality plays a yuge role in MY decision making process. As does overall vehicle size, usable space, can I put a damn tow hitch on it etc.

I’ve played the multiple 4-wheeled vehicle ownership game before, and it’s not for me - especially when I currently have 1 vehicle that does everything that I need it to do.

If motorbikes weren’t in the picture, then maybe I’d live the :stig: car and :truk: lyfe.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:39 am I think what Max is getting at is.... is a sports car or sedan too hardcore for you to DD? Are you willing to put up with sports car shortcomings in the real world or does it make sense to DD something less insane and keep the sports car as a back pocket item for special days?
No.
If you have the means, yes. This is my current situation.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

At this point, the only way I'll go back to driving multiple cars is if I get a bigger garage - which seems unlikely in the foreseeable future.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:05 pm At this point, the only way I'll go back to driving multiple cars is if I get a bigger garage - which seems unlikely in the foreseeable future.
In Asia, there are no garages :doomed:
Johnny_P

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:18 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:05 pm At this point, the only way I'll go back to driving multiple cars is if I get a bigger garage - which seems unlikely in the foreseeable future.
Tuk tuks can fit in pretty tiny spaces :doe:
SAWCE

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:36 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:18 pm

Tuk tuks can fit in pretty tiny spaces :doe:
Tuk tuk is when the ladyboys tuck their boner back so you don't see it?
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Pointless deadhorse beating thread is pointless. Good work.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:02 pm Pointless deadhorse beating thread is pointless. Good work.
Last edited by SAWCE on Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

4zilch wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:37 am So is this a hypothetical or are you asking me realistically- would I buy a sport sedan today?
One and the same... could you in your current condition. We're not talking about buying a sports car and driving it once a month. We're talking about DD'ing it.

I am shocked to see the 11 :yeth: 's because no one here is doing that outside of dave.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:02 pm Pointless deadhorse beating thread is pointless. Good work.
Don't you have :rage: quitting to do Truk boi
max225

:wub: :dat:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:15 pm
Nah, it's more fun to point our how circular and pointless your posts/threads are.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:26 am
Apex wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:23 am

Wanna buy a blue rally car?
If it had mounts for a roof rack. :trollface:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Eh?

Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:16 pm

:wub: :dat:
I mean, as an only car? I'd get a sedan like a WRX or something, I wouldn't want to DD a Corvette, but if push came to shove, I'd offload the :truk: and daily the C5 in ah eart beat.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:16 pm

Nah, it's more fun to point our how circular and pointless your posts/threads are.
:sass:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:10 pm
:notbad:

Eclectic reference for the troll.