OT 12: Pew Pew Pew

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

wap wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:10 am:hai:
:howdy:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

wap wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:11 am Got a meeting with a vendor in about 15 minutes. No, :mahtroy: , it's not a lunch meeting so no :troywax: going on.

Then I have to duck out for a couple hours this afternoon to go to my mom's meeting with her oncologist to discuss her PET scan results. :nervous:
Sending :wub: your way :wap:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Apex wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:11 am Good thing I suited up today. I remembered I had an internal meeting to go to; just forgot about the implementation kick-off meeting I have with a new client. Whoops. Leaving for that in about 30 mins.
Suited-up Pecs?
:jimp:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Apex wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:12 am
wap wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:11 am Got a meeting with a vendor in about 15 minutes. No, :mahtroy: , it's not a lunch meeting so no :troywax: going on.

Then I have to duck out for a couple hours this afternoon to go to my mom's meeting with her oncologist to discuss her PET scan results. :nervous:
Sending :wub: your way :wap:
Thanks. :wub:
Apex

wap wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:12 am
Apex wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:11 am Good thing I suited up today. I remembered I had an internal meeting to go to; just forgot about the implementation kick-off meeting I have with a new client. Whoops. Leaving for that in about 30 mins.
Suited-up Pecs?
:jimp:
:dat:
:megusta:
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

:hai: back at ya!

Hope all goes well today!
wap

haleyann wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:21 am
:hai: back at ya!

Hope all goes well today!
Thanks Haley! :wub:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

hope it guud newz
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Good luck today WAP. Hope you guys get some good news.
wap

Thanks you guys. Despite what everybody says, you're good people. :wub:
wap

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:37 am
wap wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:27 am Thanks you guys. Despite what everybody says, you're good people. :wub:
We're thoughtful people... Not necessarily good people.
:dat:
Important distinction.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

they canceled school today and now tomorrow on the chance that the roads will suck.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:19 pm they canceled school today and now tomorrow on the chance that the roads will suck.
Sounds like where I grew up. On the very rare occasions that we had more than 1" of snow, everything would completely shut down. Cars in ditches on the side of the road. Mass mayhem.

It's sad cause I'm not joking.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:24 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:19 pm they canceled school today and now tomorrow on the chance that the roads will suck.
Sounds like where I grew up. On the very rare occasions that we had more than 1" of snow, everything would completely shut down. Cars in ditches on the side of the road. Mass mayhem.

its super disappoint. I mean, what happened to adulting where you would just say "fuck it, too dangerous for me, I'm going to be responsible?"

Why do people have to look to goveremnt for what to do?
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:27 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:24 pm

its super disappoint. I mean, what happened to adulting where you would just say "fuck it, too dangerous for me, I'm going to be responsible?"

It was literally the government that caused the shut down out there too. The big industry in that area is Edwards AFB.. Base commander spun out in the snow the first time it snowed out there so he deemed it not safe for anyone and the whole Base shut down whenever it would snow and nobody could go to work so then all the local schools not on the Base followed suit.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
SAWCE wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:24 pm Sounds like where I grew up. On the very rare occasions that we had more than 1" of snow, everything would completely shut down. Cars in ditches on the side of the road. Mass mayhem.

Fucking libtards. You should just shoot them.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Grabbing lunch with my manager. Should be fun.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:03 pm Grabbing lunch with my manager. Should be fun.
Lunch on a tray,
dessert on your knees.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:53 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:27 pm

Well schools are responsible for the kids well being so personal responsibility has nothing to do with that specifically.

Now for adults going to work. They all gotta adult.
It’snot even whether or not they are responsible but then if something happens they will get sued so they’d rather avoid all of that.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

Melon wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:05 pm
razr390 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:03 pm Grabbing lunch with my manager. Should be fun.
Lunch on a tray,
dessert on your knees.
:lolol:
:notbad:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Our office ( :fax: and :melon: work together) sent out an email saying that it's up to you.

:fuckyeah:

They don't want to have to pay people for going home, :scrooge: for them, but nice for me, I'll decide when I leave, thank you very much.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Northerners love to make fun of this sort of thing. But the reality is your roads will be a giant sheet of ice in the morning. Not even snow tires and good driving will save you on that. If your municipality has zero ability to prep for winter weather, can't lay down salt or brine, and can't remove any snow then you're in for a world of shit with every small storm.

My dad grew up in central PA. He knows how to drive on snow and ice. He lives in Alabama now where they have zero snow equipment. He said 1" of snow is a disaster to drive in and even his 4x4 Ranger had a hard time getting through it, where in PA it wouldn't matter at all.

We're getting 2" of snow tonight. Hope the roads are somewhat fun in the AM :megusta:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:14 pm
Northerners love to make fun of this sort of thing. But the reality is your roads will be a giant sheet of ice in the morning. Not even snow tires and good driving will save you on that. If your municipality has zero ability to prep for winter weather, can't lay down salt or brine, and can't remove any snow then you're in for a world of shit with every small storm.

My dad grew up in central PA. He knows how to drive on snow and ice. He lives in Alabama now where they have zero snow equipment. He said 1" of snow is a disaster to drive in and even his 4x4 Ranger had a hard time getting through it, where in PA it wouldn't matter at all.

We're getting 2" of snow tonight. Hope the roads are somewhat fun in the AM :megusta:
We got about 2" last night. The back roads were serious fun this morning.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

I noticed a chick in a Mustang rolling on studded snow tires yesterday. It was rather :impressive: to see.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:14 pm

Studded winters :doe: :jimp: :stig: :rallycar:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...