Car Talk 2: Un-American Motor Company.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

troyguitar wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:25 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:19 am

Ideally for what
The M3 is the ultimate daily driver machine. It's not supposed to be kartvader approved.
Ideal for the owner's preferences?

Max's claim is that the M3 is perfect for every owner, thus he cannot understand why anyone would ever change anything on one...

How am I the bad guy again? He didn't say that he can't understand why this one bro stanced out his M3, he said that he can't understand why anyone would ever change an M3 suspension.

News flash: Not everyone likes the same things as you, Max!
No shit sherlock you just took the time to try and troll. Instead of reading what I wrote.

I was bitching about how so many dudes on M3 forums which you obviously don't frequent, Stance the fking car while it is a lease and try to unload it.
I was never arguing that you can't IMPROVE IT. My point was these dudes pay extra money to get an M3 and then ruin it with lowering springs and disgusting wheels+tires. THAT was my point

You started your holier than thou track talk and talked shit about me and on ramps.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:12 pmI seriously DO NOT UNDERSTAND why anyone would mod the suspension on an M3?
There's what you wrote, again...

That's a general statement implying that no one should ever change the suspension in any way because it is perfect for all users as delivered from the factory - not a specific :dafuq: :disappoint: at stancebros.

You might have meant to bitch about stancebros, but you instead bitched about all suspension changes of any kind to any M3.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:37 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:25 pm

Ideal for the owner's preferences?

Max's claim is that the M3 is perfect for every owner, thus he cannot understand why anyone would ever change anything on one...

How am I the bad guy again? He didn't say that he can't understand why this one bro stanced out his M3, he said that he can't understand why anyone would ever change an M3 suspension.

News flash: Not everyone likes the same things as you, Max!
No shit sherlock you just took the time to try and troll. Instead of reading what I wrote.

I was bitching about how so many dudes on M3 forums which you obviously don't frequent, Stance the fking car while it is a lease and try to unload it.
I was never arguing that you can't IMPROVE IT. My point was these dudes pay extra money to get an M3 and then ruin it with lowering springs and disgusting wheels+tires. THAT was my point

You started your holier than thou track talk and talked shit about me and on ramps.
OE engineers are retards, Max. Everyone knows this. Especially the engineers on \\\W cars because they didn't put an infinitely adjustable coilover suspension with sprinkles and 14" wide front wheels with R compounds on the car from the factory.

Parking lot course times are all that matter in life, not how well something rides on real highways or it's resistance to tramlining, etc.
Last edited by Johnny_P on Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
max225

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:12 pm
Davestr wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:46 pm

+1 on the amazeballs of these owners modding the funk out of a rental M3 and then deciding to unload it......I have a suspicion they will owe BMW if they dont. Mods are useless. Never again will I mod. They do not make the car better overall. You will not stop the depreciation and in fact might make it sale or turn-in proof if you do. Laughable. But all the cool kids is doing it, so YO what up.
I learned the hard way myself which is why I just want to upspend on the front end. Modz end up exceeding the value of the delta between the car you wanted to begin with. :fullretard: approach.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/showth ... ?t=1447135
I seriously DO NOT UNDERSTAND why anyone would mod the suspension on an M3? Like BMW DID IT FOR YOU? YOU PAID EXTRA FOR IT?! What do you think these aftermarket companies will deliver on other than useless stiffness and "stance" let alone those fugly wheels. I don't get it.
Quoting my own fucking post for :mahtroy: yes I SAID what you selectively took out of my post. but look at the quote... I guess it is a semantics issue again ? :wtf:
My entire rant etc was directed at the lease bro's who mod, and when they mod they mod to stance it is quite apparent if you actually read through my back and forth with dave.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

When are semantics NOT an issue on here?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:00 pm When are semantics NOT an issue on here?
:gaydance:
troyguitar

Your bitch was a general bitch with the one forumbro used as an example, not a specific gripe at that particular flavor of MODZZZ alone with room left for the possibility of someone doing/selling a suspension mod that you would "understand" - you left no room at all for exceptions. You made an argument that I supposedly make (which I in fact go out of my way to avoid making, but most people are too lazy to consider nuance), all black and white with no room for interpretation.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:02 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:00 pm When are semantics NOT an issue on here?
Some things will never change...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Fair point is fair
troyguitar

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:53 pm

OE engineers are retards, Max. Everyone knows this. Especially the engineers on \\\W cars because they didn't put an infinitely adjustable coilover suspension with sprinkles and 14" wide front wheels with R compounds on the car from the factory.

Parking lot course times are all that matter in life, not how well something rides on real highways or it's resistance to tramlining, etc.
Words have meanings. We can't read "what you meant" - we can only read what you actually fucking write. Didn't want to make a general statement? Then don't fucking do it... I'm wrong about most things most of the time, but I am absolutely not wrong about this.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:02 pm Your bitch was a general bitch with the one forumbro used as an example, not a specific gripe at that particular flavor of MODZZZ alone with room left for the possibility of someone doing/selling a suspension mod that you would "understand" - you left no room at all for exceptions. You made an argument that I supposedly make (which I in fact go out of my way to avoid making, but most people are too lazy to consider nuance), all black and white with no room for interpretation.
Tell me more about myself please. TELL ME WHAT I TRULY MEANT TO SAY???

I guess what i truly meant was... On-ramps are life... :225: s are the best tire in the world.
troyguitar

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:05 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:02 pm Your bitch was a general bitch with the one forumbro used as an example, not a specific gripe at that particular flavor of MODZZZ alone with room left for the possibility of someone doing/selling a suspension mod that you would "understand" - you left no room at all for exceptions. You made an argument that I supposedly make (which I in fact go out of my way to avoid making, but most people are too lazy to consider nuance), all black and white with no room for interpretation.

I guess what i truly meant was... On-ramps are life... :225: s are the best tire in the world.
Who cares what you meant? This is text. What you meant is irrelevant, all we have is what you wrote... and what you wrote is that no suspension mod makes sense on any M3 in any case.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:07 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:05 pm

Who cares what you meant? This is text. What you meant is irrelevant, all we have is what you wrote... and what you wrote is that no suspension mod makes sense on any M3 in any case.
We shall agree to disagree. I can see your side of it, and I can see mine.
ChrisoftheNorth

:popcorn:
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:05 pm

Words have meanings. We can't read "what you meant" - we can only read what you actually fucking write. Didn't want to make a general statement? Then don't fucking do it... I'm wrong about most things most of the time, but I am absolutely not wrong about this.
:triggered:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:02 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:02 pm

Some things will never change...
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:08 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:07 pm

We shall agree to disagree. I can see your side of it, and I can see mine.
Your side being that I'm supposed to read your mind and understand that what you meant is not at all what you wrote and that's fine because words don't mean anything?

It's OK to be wrong about one thing one time in your life. Almost everything I've written in every thread that's not specifically car-related? That's all wrong. Almost everything I've said and done in person in my whole life? All wrong. English, though? I'm pretty sure I can understand the written form of it slightly better than you... especially within the realm of logic.

General statements aren't specific unless you make them that way i.e. "I don't understand why anyone would mod the suspension like that on an M3."

2 words is all it would take to eliminate all objectivity and give you wiggle room to mean anything that you want to mean.
max225

I am done brah, I told you I can see your side?
troyguitar

Notice the use of "almost" and "pretty sure" in there - I try to only make completely black and white statements when I'm certain that they're true, because words have meanings. (Note the use of "try" in this post too, absolutes are generally challenging to prove)
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

I want sprinkles on my suspension. :(
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

What the fuck do you mean by that?? :angry: :rage:
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:12 pm
:lolgasm:
wap

[user not found] wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:16 pm
wap wrote:
Who do you think you are?
A superstar?
wap

Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:16 pm
wap wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:12 pm

:lolgasm:
:trollface:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

:scoot:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.